It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REINCARNATION, past life evidence

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

REINCARNATION, past life evidence

theunexplainedmysteries.com

A little boy remembers his past life, compelling video about reincarnation. Watch video explaining all about Reincarnation, Past Lives, Rebirth and much more. all these supernatural phenomenon still remians unexplained mysteries with no scientific reasons and explanations...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I was just browsing the internet, i stumbled across, sorry if its in the wrong section, but its a strange video, im not quite sure if its true, im not a big beleive of this i just believe when you die, you die! Harsh i know.

Im not sure if this video has already been posted on this site already, sorry if it has.

Share your thoughts guys and girls.

theunexplainedmysteries.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Athink

It is pretty incredible and hard to explain any other way. I think this was reviewed here somewhere before but it is such a good story...amazing.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Athink

If I had a dime for every time this has been posted....

I'd have a lot of money.

Seen it. And yea, we can never know for sure because we do not know if his parents coached him.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
lol sorry for the repost then, just kinda freaked me out alittle its incredible

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Here is your vid....

I like the idea of reincarnation, but have a hard time with the logistics of it. Where do new souls come from? The population continues to grow so was there an original amount of souls created and not everyone get's one when being born?
The children that gain extraordinary abilities, such as a foreign language or physical talent/ability have intrigued me. I think about the ether, aka Akashic Records, where supposedly all of life/people's experiences, thoughts and conversations reside, suspended in a quantum soup. Some children may have the ability or perhaps lack of a filter, that allows them to connect with this source. This is just speculation on my part.

Peace

[edit on 26-7-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
There aren't many things that I believe in to where there is little evidence or that science can't explain or explains against, such as certain religions, UFOs or the paranormal but I am however a believer in reincarnation. I wouldn't say that I am 100 percent convinced but I am convinced none the less. However, this doesn't mean that I lack rationality or logic and it certainly doesn't mean that I am not willing to change my beliefs if evidence surfaces to suggest otherwise. Rather, it just means that as of this moment and until otherwise disproven, I'm a believer.

With that being said, I'm not so sure that it is how many people like to make it out to be. In other words, I don't believe in the popular form of reincarnation as most people know it. Rather, I just believe that our "energy" (for lack of a better term) recycles after our bodies no longer need/use it. I'm pretty sure that this is scientifically supported.

--airspoon

p.s. interesting find!

Edited to add:

As far as this child is concerned, I wouldn't be surprised if the psychologist that authored two books on reincarnation is somehow leading this child on. The parents do suggest that he started articulating his past experiences more after he started to work with that woman. This psychologist may just have an agenda to get others to believe in her own beliefs on reincarnation and quite possibly to sell either of her two books. In fact, this story is easily debunked by her role in this case.

Also, when the mother is talking about the bedtime stories that this boy would tell, it appears as if she may be exaggerating by the way she paused, looked away as if to think about it and then continued on with her recount.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Your ideas are similar to mine.

I too believe that there is some sort of energy, essense, or soul if you will that each individual possesses. There are many cases of past life memories that have been reported but none as extreme as this- at least not shoved into the spotlight like this is.

If this theory happens to be correct, I then wonder what is the causing factor of memories of past lives to be somehow stored to where they can be remembered?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Honestly the biggest downer for reincarnation is that we are really not that different from 50,000 years ago. Surely if there was reincarnation we would have learned of the horrors of war and other wrongs by now. I've had my fair share of reincarnation feelings and dreams. If I had to bet, I'd say I've been two roman soldiers, one in England, one in Spain, Patton, Some soldier from some God forsaken civilization, A general from some alien civilization, Thomas Jefferson, some random dude who got shot between the eyes, and some soldier in between Patton and my current life. This from all my dreams and experiences. But I really cannot say I believe it at all. Because you'd think I'd have learned something from those lives. Hell no. I'm the biggest cluts around.

I'd far sooner believe those dreams and experiences are from guardian angels, perhaps souls repaying some kind of debt, then to believe I was those people in those very realistic dreams of mine.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by EminenceofAeon

I don't believe that this story is true, though I'm not so sure it is a hoax by the parents. Rather, I think this is something blown way out of proportion and then egged-on by the lady [psychologist] working with the child. In fact, this story can easily be debunked just by the fact that the lady working with this child, is a supporter of reincarnation and she is selling two books on the subject.

Notice how the parents say that the boy has articulated his "past" experiences to a much greater extent since working with that psychologist. She could easily be indirectly coaching the child, in an effort to push forward he own agenda.

I pretty much explain in my original post.

--airspoon

reply to post by Gorman91

Not really, in the case of incarnation as popularly believed, the people don't remember their past lives, therefore they couldn't "add-on" to their past knowledge.

As far as my beliefs in reincarnation, I believe it to be much more generic, to where just your energy may seep into other living things, whether it be plants, animals or a combination of both. I'm not saying that I believe one's whole soul moves into another body, rather that your energy recycles. I don't believe in the after-life as commonly noted becuase how would we percieve heaven if we don't have our eyes? How could we feel it , if don't have our nervous syste, or nerve endings? How could we realize we are there if our brains have eroded away with our bodies? This is why that I believe when our bodies are dead, so are we and the energy that once filled our body, must go somewhere else, whether it be in the energy of a star or the energy of a plant, animal or human.

--airspoon

What's quite interesting is that in India, where Hinduism flourishes, there are many cases just like this little boy's. In fact, it is quite common in India. I just though I would add that little tid-bit.

--airspoon

[edit on 26-7-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Energy from the body simply gets consumed by mushrooms and worms. If you want to go scientific.

As to how we could perceive that stuff, the most realistic dream I've ever had might answer your question.

So after my grandma died and I was afraid of death (he death made me realize I would die one day), I prayed for some sort of sign or proof that death is not the end.

Well 2 weeks after her death I had the most realistic dream I ever had. In this dream, I awoke into nothingness. Like what you described. No sight, no smell, no ears. Nothing to say I was alive but the very fact I was thinking. Truly, thought was all I had to confirm my life. It was weird. I could imagine myself as some formless gray blob with a membrane enclosing it. I could not feel or do anything. There was absolutely NO input to my consciousness. I had no body and no way to know I was alive other than the thoughts in my head. I could hear myself think but I could not hear my words. This was really like being thrown into a 3d universe after being born and raised in a 2d one. It was something I was not capable of understanding and I had no idea what was happening. I yelled for help but I couldn't, for I had no voice. Oh what a problem. The time interval for how long I was here I've long since forgotten. But it was long enough for me to realize that trying to create output was impossible without a body. And I had no body, so I was just there, formless and like a mist. I was crying by, I mean, I couldn't. SO I was something sad. Eventually from afar, a light showed up. The first input. But I had no eyes, so how could I see? I yelled out to me from this single star "I am that I am, you are who you are. We all are who we all are." Then the star exploded violently into light all around me and I awoken back in my body, with a heart beat very fast and shocked. Like when you fall in your dream and hit the ground and wake up so shocked that you literally wake up a foot above your bed and fall back down because all your muscles convulsed, sending you into the air from the shock. The experience answered a simple question. I could still exist without my body. And although it was not familiar, I eventually did see light and hear a voice. So it was possible.

Hope that gives you food for thought.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

No, energy from your body, as in cells, gets consumed by fungi and insects. I'm not to fond of biology but I believe they get the energy from the carbon in your body. I'm talking about whatever energy is that special "energy" that sparks your brain alive. So, in otherwords, the fungi and insects will consume your body, thereby getting their energy from that. You will have already been dead, therefore that *special "energy" that sparks life will have gone elsewhere.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Wonder what the differences are between this and the savants. Maybe it is a turning on of part of the brain we hardly ever use. Maybe all of us have other lives trapped inside us. Super counting ability and math skills and other memories from other lives locked in heretofore dormant parts of the brain.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

That's just electricity. It's why we consume chemicals that basically allow us to hold a charge. Those chemicals allow the bio electric nervous system to run. The brain uses this electricity to run too. Zaps activate chemicals. Now memories we still haven't got a flipping crap how they work. All we know is that the energy in the brain is nothing special. It's electricity. There is no proof of a soul nor energy in the body to make a soul, nor anything special about it at all. It's a computer. When the power runs out or it BSOD's, it dies. That's life.

The special energy you are talking about does not exist.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Of course electricity flows through our brain/bodies and in a way, that's what I'm talking about, though it goes beyond the electro-magnetic energy. We could stop there and suggest our soul is the electro-magnetic energy flowing through our brains/organs, however many people believe, myself included, that there is something more, an underlying "energy" (I have been putting quotes around "energy" in all my posts in this thread to denote that nobody really knows what type of energy or even if it is "energy", per se, though whatever it is, if it is there, must be energized) that creates our soul (if you will). There is evidence to support this belief, though I'll refrain from going there, as it's irrelevant and too far off topic.

However, irregardless of whether you believe that our soul is the actual electrons being carried from one atom to another (ions), or something beyond that, the energy has to go somewhere and that is the focus of this discussion. I'm not talking about the energy stored in our cells either, because at the particular point we are focused on, your body has already lost your "soul", therefore the "energy" or soul has gone somewhere else, whether it would have dissipated or floated off through outer space.

It could just so happen that this energy or soul could seep into the womb of a pregnant women to "jump-start" another fetus, but we would have absolutely no way of knowing that, as our science and understanding of who we are is not nearly advanced enough.

Where it gets even weirder, is that if this energy is light or electro-magnetic, then it has the potential to "time travel" as it's speed is a constant, "c" or the speed of light, due to it having no rest mass. So basically, your soul would not recognize time as we do in our current bodies. If reincarnation is true, especially how it is commonly believed to occur, then when you die, you should be able to "reignite" a fetus at any time, not just directly after your death. Furthermore, because time as we know it does have an arrow (pointing ahead of us), I would initially believe that you would reincarnate in the future, as opposed to the past.

With all this being said, I have never really though about it until just now but it does make a lot of sense. I don't however believe that one would be able to resurrect memories from a past life, as those memories should be stored in the tissue of whatever body you have left. I also don't believe that your "energy" would be confined to reincarnating into human beings or even animals or living things. My definition of reincarnation is much different than most people's, as I define it to be the simple process of recycling energy.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Well that's nice and all, but it doesn't help me. I've got the memories of at least 5 something-ish people in my mind that throughout my life just unveil themselves. For instance, first time I went to play paint ball, the memories and skills of a soldier from the late 1980ish opened themselves. I'd never played paint ball before, but damn I was good. In the whole day of playing, I never got shot except for the end, when I was really retarded and popped up and received two shots to my head. In real life I would have killed some 30 or 40 people before making that stupid move. None the less. The skills of an American soldier circa late 1980 was unzipped in my brain to be used there. This has happened before. First time I played Rome total war, I saw the Spanish wheat fields and it was just so touching. Like I had been there before. Then again when I saw gladiator for the first time. When he was in the Spanish wheat fields It was like I was there. It shook my soul. I also had very weird experiences while watching Patton or Thomas Jefferson documentaries. Like when there saying a quote. I know what's going to come next. Only for those two people too. I just know.

So if Reincarnation is real, I definably have the memories.

Interesting point on time travel, because the above is true with some things where I dreamed about future things. I've had vivid dreams of being a soldier fighting in a burning and bombed out New York City and fighting along the Mississippi and far western US. One time whole I was riding through the trains in Brooklyn I bet myself that I could not find the spot in my dream where New York City was being bombed. To my own disappointment but amazement, I did find the place, making me a little depressed. This place was in my dreams but I'd not been there before. It was here I saw New York City burning in flames and bombers destroying her skyscrapers and the whole sky glaring orange at night as a war went on and fired burnt. I was fighting my fellow country men, but I was wearing a Russian and american flag. WTF? So yea, definably interesting on time travel.

Most interesting dream I had was one where I was an alien in the future, captured by my enemies, but I was dreaming about my life 10,000 years ago. Effectively making me overlapping my own timeline.

I mean, you can read some of my posts on warp engines and technologies I got directly from these dreams. Everybody says they could work. It's very interesting.

Honestly I am disturbed that the vast majority of these experiences and dreams are from soldiers, both future present and past. Like I'm some sort of warrior soul.

None the less I really cannot say they are more than dreams, no matter how interesting and realistic.

Now as to your assessment, there is now way electrons or any energy within this universe can be the soul. There is also no evidence that anything within this universe represents the soul. No sign of energy or anything else. There's some interesting articles on the difference between the "mind" and the "brain", but there is no evidence to support some sort of energy force or something that is our soul or life force. It does not exist within our conventional universe.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Gorman91]

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

That's just electricity. It's why we consume chemicals that basically allow us to hold a charge. Those chemicals allow the bio electric nervous system to run. The brain uses this electricity to run too. Zaps activate chemicals. Now memories we still haven't got a flipping crap how they work. All we know is that the energy in the brain is nothing special. It's electricity. There is no proof of a soul nor energy in the body to make a soul, nor anything special about it at all. It's a computer. When the power runs out or it BSOD's, it dies. That's life.

The special energy you are talking about does not exist.

Gorman, lightning is "just electricity" when the hair in your arms stands up or you get a chill down your back, it is "just electricity"... speaking to you...telling you something.

Because you don't get any clues...don't assume no one else does.
Don't assume or tell people it isn't happening. It is happening.

You can only speak for yourself. You can share what you believe, but you cannot state it as factual, when you seriously don't know how all this works. You guess. Others feel. Who is right? Who knows?

Perhaps your "connections" are corroded, gunked up in fear and doubt. Whatever the reason you seem to hold little charge, like a dim and dying bulb.

Like an old tulip...
this manifestation of yours is fading.

Don't worry. I am confident you will get another shot at another life, maybe in that go-round, you will "get it" then.
I think that is all this life is about... so you realize where you came from and know exactly who you are...divine and eternal.

Meantime I would try a little baking soda on those bad connections..

Can't hurt.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by EminenceofAeon

If this theory happens to be correct,
I then wonder what is the causing factor of memories of past lives to be somehow stored to where they can be remembered?

Edgar Cayce calls the place the 'Hall of Records'...the Akashic Records
contain every instant of all lives, and is 'recorded' in this etheric continium.

singular people throughout the planets history have (by some chance or fate) been ingramed with the life record of another individual's life,
So, this episode is not proof of reincarnation... because there is another alternative theory...

the reasonable theory of having the Akashic Record of a previous person imprinted into another individuals 'memory'

~ cause or reason unknown~

thanks...

[edit on 27-7-2010 by St Udio]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I'm a firm believer in reincarnation; having had experienced past-life and pre-life memory as a child, it is very compelling when you watch similar cases on TV.

My last life was that as a soldier in a war and I remember broken memory fragments; just images, no words, no name associations. The death process and onward was more coherent then the actual life.

It certainly shaped my belief system in this life and that is not a bad thing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join