It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan war logs: Massive leak of secret files exposes truth of occupation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
lol im sure you understand that the releases cover that time period not the entire war

It sounded like he said, "The entire conflict" but I could have misheard him.

please remeber crimes are commited by the military and only hidden under the label national security

read the docs buddy

Right. Crimes by the military.
Go back and read my post, I think you missed something.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
[edit on 25-7-2010 by Nomad451]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Anyone else slightly worried that this release may spur the US to create some kind on "incident" on the Korean Peninsula? It would certainly take the focus off, especially if any incident was particularly large

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Rules one and two of war apply here

The more brutal the war fighting the sooner it is over.

The sooner it is over the better.

Great job by our traitorous media leaking unfortunate truths to allow more propaganda for our enemies to use

Some day a real rain will come and wash the filth from the sidewalks of life - Travis Bickell

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

ye because it makes sence to give infomation to the public on warcrimes commited...
really ?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
I'm confused.....were supposed to arrest and try the Taliban as we fight them in a war? Personally I just prefer we kill them in engagements.......we are still allowed to fight them aren't we??? Just want to make sure it's acceptable to fire at them.

I also see no problem in killing Taliban with Drones so we don't have to risk coalition troops.

Let me help alleviate some of your CONFUSION:

Start here:

Wiki "Assassination / Targeted Killing"
en.wikipedia.org...

Then, please read this article:

www.harvardnsj.com...
Law and Policy of Targeted Killing
Harvard National Security Journal

There is tremendous gray area within the concepts of "enemy combatant" "terrorist" and "criminal" activity. You will find that what seems to be a clear issue quickly becomes muddied when you consider the larger implications of targeting specific individuals associated with the Taliban.

You may wish to follow up with the following articles to gain more insight:

www.asil.org...
Israel's Targeted Killings of Hamas Leaders

Targeted Killing of Suspected Terrorists:
Extra-Judicial Executions or Legitimate Means of Defence?

www.fas.org...
Targeted Killing as an Element of U.S. Foreign Policy in the War on Terror

If you open your third eye to the full light of this issue, you will find that the ethical implications of targeted killings need to be weighed heavily.

Do enjoy.

I am,

Sri Oracle

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012
reply to post by pavil

"I'm confused.....were supposed to arrest and try the Taliban as we fight them in a war? Personally I just prefer we kill them in engagements.......we are still allowed to fight them aren't we??? Just want to make sure it's acceptable to fire at them. I also see no problem in killing Taliban with Drones so we don't have to risk coalition troops. "

Are you joking or are you insane? You seem to relish in this evil, like you're a part of it.

No... quite sane. In war you defeat your enemy, it's not evil to destroy your enemy. I guess you feel we are not allowed to attack only respond to attacks. I guess we aren't allowed to fire at them. That is a sure way to lose a war.

I know, I know bloodthirsty warmonger right? I have no sympathy for an enemy in war that continues to fight and attack me. Don't expect me to feel bad when I hear we have killed another Taliban leader.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
So this might sound like a stupid question... But ok, I'll ask anyways:

If these leaks are actually HURTING the United States, and by all accounts they are, how did they get released?

In other words, lots of people are always saying "NWO, Guys behind the curtain, the ones in control are the ones to fear, secret societies control the world, hidden agendas, false flags, etc" on this site, and yet they allow this?

At least for me, it kind of throws a wrench in the whole NWO/Mass Control conspiracy. A man, ONE MAN, has enough on the United States and other world powers to make them negotiate ON HIS terms, not theirs? I agree that they have lots of secrets and wage wars behind the scenes, not to mention illegal arms dealing, civilian murders, the list goes on.

But if this proves anything, it's that ONE MAN who stands behind his convictions and actually does THE RIGHT THING can change the future for us. ONE PERSON who blows the whistle on corruption can change the world. This is more an inspiration for me than anything else.

Maybe there IS NO MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN. Maybe, just maybe, our government would have us THINK they're all powerful, when in reality they aren't. If they wanted this guy GONE, wouldn't they have already done it in the dark of night?

ONE PERSON.... CAN CHANGE the WORLD.....

Today, we see that... Now who else will stand up and FINALLY say enough is enough? No amount of money, land, or fame would EVER change my convictions, which is a BIG REASON I quit the United States Border Patrol. I WILL STAND AND FIGHT. Who's with me?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk

Afghanistan war logs: Massive leak of secret files exposes truth of occupation

www.guardian.co.uk

The war logs also detail:

• How a secret "black" unit of special forces hunts down Taliban leaders for "kill or capture" without trial.

• How the US covered up evidence that the Taliban has acquired deadly surface-to-air missiles.

• How the coalition is increasingly using deadly Reaper drones to hunt and kill Taliban targets by remote control from a base in Nevada.

• How the Taliban has caused growing carnage with a massive escalation of its roadside bombing campaign, which has killed more than 2,000 civilians to date.
(visit the link for the full news article)

This is old news its been happening all along and has been in the news before.

• How a secret "black" unit of special forces hunts down Taliban leaders for "kill or capture" without trial.

The Navy seals did this to the VC. and NVA. during the war in Vietnam.
the Taliban is just as much a military force as the VC and NVA were and subject to the same warfare rules.

How the US covered up evidence that the Taliban has acquired deadly surface-to-air missiles.

yes i can see why they would cover up iran supplying surface-to-air missiles till they could do something about them.

• How the Taliban has caused growing carnage with a massive escalation of its roadside bombing campaign, which has killed more than 2,000 civilians to date.

The only question here is where the Taliban is getting all this bomb making material.
Some foreign counties are supplying it and many people can guess which ones.
The only new news will be when we take aim at these countries and return the bombs in kind.

• How the coalition is increasingly using deadly Reaper drones to hunt and kill Taliban targets by remote control from a base in Nevada.

this has been on TV news for the last couple years.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

Thanks for the reply Sri, I always enjoy reading your posts.

I am very well aware of the gray area of targeted killing of individuals suspected of terror or military attacks. When at war, decapitating your opponents leadership is a valid tactic. Some may not have the stomach for that. I understand the unease some have about it and the collateral damage it does killing innocent and not so innocent civilians. Such is the nature of asymmetric warfare. It's unavoidable given the way things work. I fully understand that errors and mistakes happen and innocents suffer. Such is war sadly.

When doing battle with a foe that is not an Armed force in the classical sense, you are left with options that are far from optimal. I understand that some people see it in a different light, I will err on the side of taking out my opponent and then dealing with the other issues involved. I would love to not see civilians die in such attacks. But when targets knowingly hide amongst the population, those deaths cannot be avoided, only minimized. It would be nice to have the Taliban fight out in the open like a regular military but that will not happen.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

all apoligies if i misunderstood your post

i beleive the full story has not been covered by MSM
so the entire story from 04 onwards to 2010 (early)

these releases arnt intended to hurt americans who are serving your country

they are ment to expose those inside your leadership who are hurting your country

wikileaks and ATS two best sites on the web

XPLOdeR

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

infact i think you will find rasheme change is a war crime
why did they not assainate saddam?

they (tptmmfw)the powers that make money from war require a protracted engagement to make huge profits

haleburton cheney
carlile group bushes/bin ladin

this is why only rival drug dealers will be suacided not leaders

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Where are the leaks involving Al Qaeda and Taliban atrocities against their own civilians? Oh yeah, that would be too dangerous to report, and wouldn't fit the agenda.

War is hell. The fact is, the current administration is creating allied casualties by dumbing down the rules of engagement so our forces can't even fire back.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

I gotta agree with you, i mean, when did we become so stupified as to give an enemy rights like they were a citizen of our country. And the enemy knows how hogtied we are with liberalism, human rights, political correctness that they laugh at all of you out there saying"thank you wikileaks for exposing our own country, we love self-demise". war is ugly, why do fellow countrymen become a worse adversary than the real foe at hand?

these guys are playing you bleeding hearts like a fiddle so you can go at odds with the likes of myself, or others who support eliminating a dangerous threat..... please wake up

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
What pisses me off the most is the murdering of Taliban and Al Qaeda fighters by the drones. What ever did they do to you????

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

infact i think you will find rasheme change is a war crime
why did they not assainate saddam?

I'm not following the rasheme reference, you will have to explain that more.

We DID try to assassinate Saddam at the start of the second Iraq War. We bombed multiple palaces where we thought he was at the first night of the air attacks. We also tried to take out his Sons other high ranking Iraqi officials at the start of the war.

19 March 2003: 'Decapitation attack': U.S. and coalition forces launched missiles and bombs at targets in Iraq Wednesday night, including a "decapitation attack" aimed at Iraqi President Saddam Hussein and other top members of the country's leadership.

www.warchronicle.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by bestideayet
At least for me, it kind of throws a wrench in the whole NWO/Mass Control conspiracy. A man, ONE MAN, has enough on the United States and other world powers to make them negotiate ON HIS terms, not theirs?

Maybe there IS NO MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN. Maybe, just maybe, our government would have us THINK they're all powerful, when in reality they aren't. If they wanted this guy GONE, wouldn't they have already done it in the dark of night?

ONE PERSON.... CAN CHANGE the WORLD.....

I'm sure this will be what goes on most people's thoughts in the next coming years.

To that degree of servitude to the one person, I only have to say remember standards and values, because one person is really only that, one person. He is just as bound to corruption as the previous leaders of humanity that have come and gone.

the nWo can only be brought in once the current empire is crushed, as they say you can't rebuild intensively before destroying intensively. As virtuous as you make things seem, to me it's quite the opposite, it's merely a sugar coated front hiding something bitter.

That's how people enter history after all.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I do not mean to sound derogatory, but does anyone, I mean ANYONE require these documents to know that all of the listed activities are taking place?

Most of the activities listed are SOP for the military. This is why martial law is so serious. The military is a combat force, they're not real proficient at civil relations.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Now hang on here. The Guardian and New York Times got the leaks? Should we really think that these leaks are completely legit? I mean these MAIN STREAM MEDIA organizations surely can't be totally trusted.

I wonder if this was actually set up as an information false flag. Remember when wikileaks said they weren't going to run their website anymore? (someone confirm that I can't find it but I remember it from a few weeks ago)

I mean, releasing MANY documents out in this manner to MAIN STREAM organizations should put up red flags for everyone here. We all know that the MSM lies to us every day.

I'm not saying that all the info posted is false, I'm just saying that it's a possibility that the Pentagon or NSA or some other agency/branch infiltrated wikileaks silently and is now running it as their own and putting up a smokescreen to those who want nothing but the truth.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
Where are the leaks involving Al Qaeda and Taliban atrocities against their own civilians? Oh yeah, that would be too dangerous to report, and wouldn't fit the agenda.

War is hell. The fact is, the current administration is creating allied casualties by dumbing down the rules of engagement so our forces can't even fire back.

First off we the citizens of the United States are not in a position, nor should we be to determine what is proper or not proper in relation to how other sovereign nations conduct their internal affairs.

We should though be privy and have a say in a supposed representative republic as to our nation's policies.

We are though in a position to do something about those and have every obligation, responsibility and right too about how our own nation conducts its affairs in our name with our money.

It is utterly amazing to what end so many people will try to deflect away from our shortcomings and failures to attempt to wish them away, by pointing some finger at some other entity to simply try to make them look worse in comparison with the aim at ultimately not accepting responsibility at all for our own shortcomings and failures.

We have an absolute need to know and not just a right. Ask older Germans what life was like for them in the immediate aftermath of World War II as a result of their nation’s war crimes. Many starved and were deliberately unfed, most were forced to perform menial labor under starvation conditions, those who had anything of value were often robbed of it by allied troops, and the women and girls were raped so frequently that many chose to kill themselves rather than endure the indignity of it and many more went insane from the constant abuse.

Don’t think that the people themselves can’t and won’t ultimately be held accountable for the war crimes of it’s leadership and government?

Think again.

[edit on 25/7/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join