It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ouija boards; A story and discussion?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by corruptedtesssa

lmao @ the spirit world putting u on their ignore list...

that would be a hilarious plot for a thriller comedy.

but anyway.. i dont mess with no oujia boards.. they look extremely eerie

i remember as a child.. around 9-10 when i first saw the commercial... i had the same weird feeling

something about them boards ... i dunno lol

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by corruptedtesssa

Ouija story happened in Highschool

There's always the other side to consider.

Personally, if I die someday, one of the first things I'd like to do is go track down some teenagers using a ouija board.

That's the whole idea, isn't it? Dead people and spirits and things can talk to you through a ouija board? Well, if I'm a discarnate spirit, why should I care whether a ouija board "works" or not? If I'm floating around bored and I see a couple cute teenage girls chanting spells in their black clothes and banging crystals together...

I would talk to them.

Who cares whether the board or the incantations or the crystals actually do anything?

Of course, one might keep that in mind when considering the quality of responses one receives through a board. You may be channeling bored, former ATSers.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by LordBucket]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robbed In Albion.

... ever since he 'played' the Ouija board with a couple of his friends, when they had contacted some spirits, three spirits had been watching him. Never moving, never speaking, just standing in his room, watching him. He said how they wouldn't leave him alone, no matter what he tried.

I pity the poor spirit that would try that with me. After a couple of weeks of boredom from watching me watch TV, clipping my toenails, and listening to my rants about how the Federal Reserve Bank will take over their domain, I'd subject my captive audience to Tuesday night tequilla & karaoke. They'll be begging to go back to hell.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Something that seems odd to me is that people who are just messing with ouija boards are take sensible precautions in their real lives..They lock their car doors when driving in bad neighbourhoods. They look up their cars and houses when leaving them. They do not go to sleep without checking that their house is secure. these are all sane and sensible acts.

And yet they dabble with ouija boards which for some can be doorways for something be it your own shadow entities in the Jungian sense or some evil spirit -pick your own interpretation. Why do this????

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robbed In Albion.
reply to post by Tiger5

You're suggesting that whether or not people believe in the paranormal, an experience with a Ouija board, such as 'a spirit contacting them' (whether it is a spirit, or their mind playing tricks), their mind is trying to send them a message?

Sorry I am not sure what you are asking but let me say I do not know anyone's mind stops and the spirit world begins..I am not dumb but no one honestly knows. What i do know is the whole thing is like the UFO phenomena in that their are hoaxes , misinterpretations and genuine Phenomena.

Perhaps it is your own mind driving this ideomotor effect. Frankly in the case of many results i have seen and heard of the whole thing is academic. The results tend to scream at me more than the interpretations. We cannot disect a mindall that we can do is to speculate.

Take a look at the work of CG Jung. In fact check out the latest book on the mystical expereinces of Jung. Gary Lachman has written a book on Jun's mystical expereinces but Jung's Red book is now also in print which is a collection of his own mystical experiences.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I think your on to something there buddy
Animals can see things we cant,i am for one a hundred percent certin of this!! I remember seeing dark shadows moving out the corner of my eye.
It does always happen at a certin peace of furniture in my house.
This peace of furniture does creak at night alot and i put this down to wood expanding and extracting with temp.
One weekend my sister came over with her dog and i was crashed out laying on the sofa with the dog at the other end.
And out of no where the creek came like never before and that split second the dog dived half way across the room to in between me and the peice of furniture,the dog was irate ,looked scared and like it was trying to protect me.I NEVER COULD MAKE SENSE OF IT???
MAYBE LIKE THE WAY THEY SNIFF CANCER,THEY ALSO SEE SPRITS?
WHAT YOU GUYS THINK? I think witch boards are real!! majic squares too

[edit on 25-7-2010 by johnny c]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny c

I can confirm that even in religious mysticism or religion itself animals(especially cats and dogs) are believed to see many things that man cannot. Maybe they are more in touch with nature than we are and have no psychological filters affecting them.
Just think that the visibile light spectrum (wich make visible what we call reality) is so thin compared to the rest of the EM waves we can not percieve.
The same goes for the sound too.

I certainly feel better having a cat/dog by my side at night,(even a cow for that matter in that they are smarter then generally believed but practically less convenient to be an accompaying animal).

[edit on 25-7-2010 by ProdigalSon]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

Why do this????

Some people would like to know if the rumors about Ouija boards are true. Others have dead relatives they want to talk to. Many want to be scared even if the board is just a load of hooey.

And then there's people like me, who would gladly sit down with the alphabet on wood and ask questions because our minds are not consumed by superstitious thinking about ghosts and ghouls and goblins.

All the examples you mentioned in your first paragraph are practical, not superstitious.

You might as well be asking why those who lock their doors at night also don't make sure they're wearing their lucky rabbits foot and leaving an animal sacrifice for the spirits on their doorstep.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Titen have to admit I get a good laugh at some of the things you say, sound like some relatives I guess, and suppose the change in the avatar from the pointing adds to it

[edit on by No King but Jesus]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Ok, I fully understand you being healthy sarcastic.

BUT

Your "bad electric wiring theory" is not in work - here in discussion - because I mean if things are normal and then after some Ouija board stuff it turns out totally spooky - I mean really spooky. Things that everyone see. I mean are you suggesting that there are Ouija board agents who track down houses of people who bought Ouija board and then they go to house and f*ck up electrical system so everyone sees hallucinations from Magnetic Field? Or maybe there is some electromagnets inside little wooden Ouija boards. Or maybe there is some device in those little boards that #s up electrical system?

And to criticize me about repeating same words in my post is just lame. It's not related to subject, nor it is thing to criticize. I could say the same thing 3 or more times if I find it important underline.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by archasama

And to criticize me about repeating same words in my post is just lame.

I was just taking note of it, you seemed to be repeating yourself as if it would be more convincing to me, as if trying to implore me that your story somehow carried more weight than it does.

As for what happens with Ouija boards, I remain skeptical. You can tell all the stories you want about subjective experiences happening to people but I'm still not going to be afraid of the alphabet.

In no way do I think wiring, mental illness, or the ideomotor effect are responsible for all Ouija board related weirdness but I think if we don't take the natural explanations into account we'll never get to the real meat - the handful of cases that might just be paranormal.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Robbed In Albion.

Nah, ouija boards have been proven a fallacy many times over. Derren Brown exposed them in an intriguing way. I think the real danger lies within our perception of them and what might entail from their use.

Edit: Please tell me that a thread about a Ouija board isn't going to become a hot topic? There is so much more out there with a bigger thread value than this.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by LarryLove]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

It detailed how ever since he 'played' the Ouija board with a couple of his friends, when they had contacted some spirits, three spirits had been watching him. Never moving, never speaking, just standing in his room, watching him. He said how they wouldn't leave him alone, no matter what he tried.

Well, in my own studies, one must be educated in the use before using the Ouija, and then only with careful preparation beforehand. (proper protection is symbols, sigils, incense, stone) The Ouija board is an open doorway, and as you know, open the door and things come in. Unless you have control of what comes in, then you are controlled. And this guy committed suicide because Spirits were watching him? Well they watch me too, friend. All the time. Doesn't scare me though, I know who they are, and what they are for. 'Nuff said, study it on your own.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

An Ouija Board is only a 'tool'.

It can be very dangerous for unskilled 'thrillseekers' that have no clue of what they are doing, what to expect and let alone know what they are up against.

Compare it with a sissor in the hands of someone that never had a sharp tool in his hands before. That person is bound to cut himself (or herself) and get wounded mildly or badly.
Thus a sissor can damage your physical body.

Using an OB is a ´skill´. It opens a ´passage´ to communicatie with ghosts, spirits, wandering or peeking-in souls and even ´dark´ interdimensional beings.
It conducts the ´energie (radio) waves´ that our brains pick up from around us.

Our body, in this world, is, like most ´matter´ of low frequency. Etherical energies of higher or even lower frequency, can materialise in our world through sound, light, scent, vibration or taste.

When using the OB as a tool with Pure intention (from the Heart not the mind) it can be helpful when you have a reason to contact other vibrational ´beings´.

But using it only for curiosity and thrillseeking, or even using it while there is tension of doubt or fear in you, will attract energies that can damage your mental health.

It´s NOT COOL to use tools like this! It can be dangerous in the hands of unskilled people, not as much for others but for the person or persons using it.

Namaste!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I don't believe in the fear-mongering associated with ouija boards. The best stories I've heard is from a person who has been using them all his life. His blog is here. I've been waiting for the latest update on his latest experience of Dr. 58, fascinating!

dr58.blogspot.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

I've heard a growling voice utter my name as I tried to sleep. This one was hard to explain away, I thought maybe it was a dog outside barking or howling being distorted by my electric fan either that or a malfunctioning battery powered toy (which I had dozens of).

Like I said I remain skeptical and I prefer natural explanations though I am not closed off to the idea that these were all legit experiences of a part of nature we don't yet understand.

I've had that growling voice do that to me, too. It just utters or yells my name just as I'm drifting off to sleep. Scares the living you-know-what out of me. My husband says that has happened to him, too, and he doesn't believe in ghosts or anything supernatural (unless you count his confidence in Catholic saints).

I don't mean to derail the thread but what the heck IS that phenomena??

Mama don't be needing that mess!

Well the Ouija board experience didn't do much for me. But I did experience poltergeist types of things in my childhood home. There were all manner of creepy things going on there. Then I moved out and several years later I agreed to take my old bed from their house and put it in my new house. Then all heck broke loose here. Long story made short--I had the bed hauled to the dump. While all the goings on here were enough to freak me out and garner me a diagnosis of post-partum psychosis, for which I happily gulped Zoloft, thus shutting down my mind to being "open", I still think having that bed hauled away was a good thing because my mother recently reported that now she can sleep in my old bedroom on the apparently non-haunted twin of the banished bed, after years of failed attempts. I was surprised to hear that. I'd always assumed she was still avoiding that room. I'm glad to hear it's finally working out for her and I hope it stays that way.

Every time she used to try to sleep there she would have horrible nightmares and awake to the feeling of presences. So, it was back to her putting up with my dad's snoring, which was pretty damned bad so that should give you an idea of how bad the paranormal stuff must have been! She used to say she had no idea how I put up with that sort of thing all those years. Well, it's not like I could go out and sleep on the roof like Snoopy on his doghouse!
I was a tough kid. I put up with a lot and without complaining.

So if there's even the remote chance the Ouija has the power to open up your home and mind to creepy things, then just pull out the Parcheesi board instead. In my experience, it wasn't that entertaining so why risk it? If I want to communicate with beings I don't know, can't see and risk getting gibberish or unpleasant responses, I come to ATS.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
And this guy committed suicide because Spirits were watching him? Well they watch me too, friend. All the time. Doesn't scare me though, I know who they are, and what they are for.

So you never get a malicious feeling from them? I've always been under the impression that Ouija boards usually only contact 'evil' spirits, because the 'good' spirits have better things to do than waste their time, apparently.

reply to post by Melyanna Tengwesta

Thank you very much for sharing that. When I've been saying things like 'play the Ouija board', I didn't mean to incinuate that it was a game.

I do think your message is an important / wise one though, and anyone who's considering a Ouija board should take heed.

reply to post by goobgirl

I'll be sure to check that out. Thanks for sharing!

Originally posted by LarryLoveEdit: Please tell me that a thread about a Ouija board isn't going to become a hot topic? There is so much more out there with a bigger thread value than this.

Sorry, I wasn't aware that ATS users weren't allowed to post on what they wanted to.. I'll go change the way the Hot Topics system works right now!

[edit on 26/7/10 by Robbed In Albion.]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheeplFlavoredAgain
I don't mean to derail the thread but what the heck IS that phenomena??

Mama don't be needing that mess!

I don't think it'd be derailing it if we kept it relevant to the topic!

I too am very interested to know what some people think causes this... I couldn't guess really.. It just seems to happen out of nowhere. And when it does, it always sounds like a name.. Maybe that's just the brain interpreting it as something familiar.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

That is a scary story. Are you sure it really happened? Maybe he should have asked the board more questions to help him avoid his demise. It seems like the board was trying to help him doesn’t it? Why wouldn’t you want to have good information like this?

I say if you’re worried about being killed, stay clear of the police!!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I'm glad this thread got started, it is hard to start a thread about this sort of thing with out a backlash of negative feedback. S & F for that at least.

For the past month or so I have found myself researching the Ouija board more and more and reading all sorts of stories. Like most people I have had the odd unexplainable experience but nothing that I couldn't just let go as my mind playing tricks. Until yesterday that was but I'll get to that.

I decided that I was eventually going to build my own Ouija board a couple weeks ago but haven't done it yet. Still on my hunt for knowledge I was a bit skeptical about the board itself working or if it was something I actually wanted to dabble with. The question I still have unanswered is why I should NOT do it alone because honestly there isn't anyone I want to do this with. So I was planning on waiting until my roommates moved away, which is in about 2 weeks from now then I would probably do it myself.

A couple weeks ago I started learning basic meditation and lucid dreaming techniques, I haven't had much time to work with the meditation unfortunately but my dream recollection has improved drastically. Yesterday I was laying in bed, just going threw all the dreams I could remember and trying to remember as much detail as possible. Then something new happened to me.

I felt something step onto my bed and then take one step over my right leg into the gap between my legs. I wasn't asleep yet and my first reaction was, "Oh' good that’s probably my cat coming to sleep with me."

I have a memory foam bed so it takes a fair amount of pressure to make a noticeable movement and the movement I felt around my legs felt equivalent to the weight of my cat. I wasn't %100 sure it was real or if it was just my blanket moving or my imagination, though so I thought to myself if I feel a third step then its real and it has to be my cat.

The third step followed right after the second so I grabbed my iphone which was under my pillow at the time because I use it as an alarm clock. I used the light from the phone to look for my cat, but there was nothing there. Immediately I got up and hit the light switch, I know I felt the third step but again there was nothing, no cat. So out of my room I went, and sure enough there's my cat sound asleep on the living room chair. The steps and hitting the lights all happened in about a 5 second time frame.

Again I just decided it was my mind playing tricks but I think I have changed my mind about the Ouija board for now, that was enough of a taste of a spirit in the house for me.

GummB

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join