It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ouija boards; A story and discussion?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
my mothers told me about a time she was watching
her mother with some friends do a Ouija board. when
her father walks in. the table was through’n at him
across the room and hit him. he only had bruises.
my mother never made stuff up.
so please dont mess.
it is a focuses for you and.... THEM!
only the bad ones hang around.
the good ones go on to the light.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
The way I always understood them, they were there to contact the deceased spirits. I've never messed with one though but I probably wouldn't recomend it either.

Ziggy thats a pretty creepy story. Im gonna keep an eye on this and see what others experiences have been like.

On second thought can you post any information that shows that this story you tell about this nine year old boy is true?

I do believe in ghosts because one day when I was a child my brother and I both woke up at the same time to our drum set being played in the middle of the night and there was nobody else was in the room to play them.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by thehoneycomb]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraverler

Well of course. I suppose you just hear / see a lot of this stuff and a part of you wants to believe it's true in a way.. And I think the world would be a very boring place if we didn't at least speculate!

Personally, whether they're a load of crap or not, I'd rather not participate in one, because even if it's only a trick of the mind, they can be very powerful and realistic tricks!

And well played! Personally, I'm not a fan of Halle Berry, but I'm sure most of you wouldn't disagree on hanging out at Beyonce's!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Robbed In Albion.

Ive had some hospitalisations in the last ten years as my health has had some challenges,I dont know if anyone reported this a few years later I saw a full on blue protoplasm ghost of an old lady walking down the hospital hall,I reported it to the duty nurse whom nonchalently pushed her glasses down looked up from her magazine and said,'of course you've seen a ghost your in hospital fool'

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

If the electrical wiring in the kids house wasn't done right it can turn into an Electromagnetic nightmare. This is why many basements feel creepy, because the wiring and circuit box is right there. This may or may not be what have happened.

Many kids aren't diagnosed correctly either. One of the earliest signs that a kid might be mentally ill is if they keep their imaginary friend for too long, these imaginary friends can be a sign of split personalities and the like.

It may just have been that she was convinced that something paranormal was going on. You know how people can let their imaginations get away with them. That's why the Ouija board is such a cheap trick because people are WANTING to believe, they want to be scared. They go into it with a superstitious mindset and then low and behold something happens. It could just be that her imagination ran wild and she thought she was seeing things that weren't there.

As for my own experiences I'll just recount a few

The first one I remember I was about six and I saw eyes in my closet, looking back this may have been the light from a streetlight through the blinds in my room but at the time I was terrified.

I've heard a growling voice utter my name as I tried to sleep. This one was hard to explain away, I thought maybe it was a dog outside barking or howling being distorted by my electric fan either that or a malfunctioning battery powered toy (which I had dozens of).

I also had one with a friend of mine. I was over at his house, he lived in the suburbs so we would hang out outside until odd hours of the morning. We were outside at like 3 AM in the middle of the street just talking about stuff when we both heard what sounded like an evil laugh from nowhere. To this day I haven't figured this out. Most of his neighbors were elderly and there was no one around...

The most recent was in an old farm out in Oley, PA. My philosophy professor had been interested in ghost hunting and so was I so we went out with a team of actual local paranormal investigators to this old Farm. We were in a barn that was built in the mid 1800s when we all heard (there were at least six of us in the barn) what sounded like a little girl babbling incoherently (or in another language, idk which).

Like I said I remain skeptical and I prefer natural explanations though I am not closed off to the idea that these were all legit experiences of a part of nature we don't yet understand.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by buddha

I'm not here to mess, or claim anyone is a liar! Merely to discuss and question whether they do really work, and listen to others experiences! Whether they're real or not, it's both an interesting look into the paranormal and/or the human mind.

reply to post by thehoneycomb

Yeah, I hear you on that! If there are any documents relating to the story, that'd be great!

reply to post by anglodemonicmatrix

Cool story! Have you ever experienced the same apparations in certain places though, or is it always something different?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
my mothers told me about a time she was watching
her mother with some friends do a Ouija board. when
her father walks in. the table was through’n at him
across the room and hit him. he only had bruises.
my mother never made stuff up.
so please dont mess.
it is a focuses for you and.... THEM!
only the bad ones hang around.
the good ones go on to the light.

Really there was no Santa Clause or Easter Bunny in your house growing up?

Those things happen to be made up!

The Ouiji Board is a similiar type of event where people embelish things to make it appear more real, or frightening than it actually is.

In my house when we played with it, the adults would urge us to close our eyes, so they could gently nudge the indicator towards yes or no answers.

Something they confessed to years later. We would turn out the lights (because it works better in the dark) and light a couple candles (because the spirits like those) all as theatre to make it spookier and more believable to us when we were kids.

My grand parents and parents would not have considered that lying but making a game fun for children.

Similiarly if someone is very superstitious and doesn't want someone to play the game for that reason, they too might be inclined to play a little game of their own to frighten you from doing that.

Or there too exists the possibility someone sitting at the table who wasn't your mom, really disliked the man so much, they threw the table at him, knowing that they might get away blaming it on spirits.

Now how can we get a Ouija Board to help us rob the nearest bank???

[edit on 25/7/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I've had both the growl and the laugh happen to myself as well..
Pretty scary at the time, but like you, I tried to look for the natural causes..

Still, to this day, I can't work out where either came from... I live right on a main road, so I guess the growl could've been a dodgy car or something, but the laugh really spooked me...

One of my favourite paranormal experiences was when I was at a friends grandma's place, out in the country side. He was telling me about how he thought this particular room was haunted. The main occurence being that the large grandfather clock they kept in there would suddenly stop ticking, and then tick again... Weird as hell, that it stopped at 11 minutes past 11...

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Okay, let's understand something that is apparently unclear here. I'm not new to spirit work. I read tarot cards. I meditate regularly and am graced with mudras as part of it. I receive messages during meditation. Astral travel, lucid dreaming, energy healing, intuitive work of all descriptions are part of my life. This is not new to me. I used to play with a Ouija board when I was quite young and never had any misfortune befall me. Also, I'm not 16 or 25 or 34. I am graced with age as well.

All of these further tales, taken with what I wrote in my first/previous reply, just illustrate my point. You use energies, they attract like energies. I know my particular place in the scheme of things so I have no fear whatsoever.

I have dealt with demons, I have met ETs, I help ghosts cross over periodically as needed, etc., etc., etc. There is nothing to be afraid of! You simply need to understand the spin of energies. You should also *know* that this is not our real lives. THIS is the illusion. I just thought you guys might have some insight into other stuff to go on the board. Forget about "talking (me) out of it", that's not why I'm here so save your fingertips.

You guys could keep your tangents in check a little better.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
We would turn out the lights (because it works better in the dark) and light a couple candles (because the spirits like those) all as theatre to make it spookier and more believable to us when we were kids.

Reminds me of Ghosthunters. They set up all the cameras and equipment, then say "ok, lights out." It wasn't until I'd seen the show a few times that it occurred to me, wouldn't it make more sense to try to find something in the light, not the dark? But of course with the lights on, the show would suck even more than it already does.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Mostly the hospital but also in bad juju places like the Tower of London,the killing fields in Cambodia and a really freaky museum/castle in Lithuania.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

I’ve been thinking about making a few of these as well. I plan on using a piece of stainless steel cut out on a water jet, and laser etched, with gemstone inlays. I will use turquoise, jasper, malachite, agate, Lapis, amber, amethyst, citrine, selenite, opal, etc.

The planchette will be made from a large thin slice of iron meteorite, and quartz crystal. I am toying with the Idea of making parts of it light up with colored led lights from below.

You could also incorporate electro magnets into the board to secretly manipulate the Planchette. Man you could mess with people’s minds!!!

Have fun making yours…..

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Little confused as to what you're asking for here then; I understand that you're perfectly knowledgable / prepared, whatever, but you want our suggestions as to what to put on the board?

In what way? I personally can't understand how one Ouija board can be drastically different from another?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by meteoritics

Sounds complex!
You'll have to post some pictures up here / on the board, and maybe even a video of you messing with some people?

If you do it right, I'm sure it'd be good fun to watch!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
I would love some input on what would make it really good. I will use both English and Finnish letters, as I'm in Finland, as well as numbers and the usual "yes", "no", and "fare well", but what symbols, words, etc., would be beneficial to incorporate right from the start? Any ideas?

I'd definitely put the sun and moon on it. I always thought that made it very occult looking, although I don't know if they have an actual utilitarian purpose.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
seems I remember having one in the family growing up and nothing except blaming each other or my sister for moving it, but when I was kicked out of the house at 15 and eventually roomated with a couple of college girls(thank God)-the car was a little uncomfy, can't help but mention there is always women involved to every grace in my life story thus far and a semi-rough one at that even Grace itself is associated, anyway we were playing one night and that thing seemed to have definately moved after we took our hands off it-we threw it away after that

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I do wonder why the Ouija board appears to be so often mentioned in the American websites and so rarely mentioned in the European websites. Given the heavy European influence in USA popular culture the American obsession with the Oiuja board seems a bit of an anomaly.

Does this have anything to do with the factthat the first boards were made in America?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I am disturbed by your faith in scientism as relates to the The ideomotor effect. Here is a link to the ideomotor effect from the modern bible (lol).

en.wikipedia.org...

There is a crucial sentence lies in the last paragraph of the History section.

IMHO the final sentence goes to the Physics mob.

“However, it is clear to me that chanting 'ideomoter effect' whenever someone raises this issue is not science but quackery.”

I do believe the ideomotor effect is best demonstrated as a fact in the following situations, Martial arts, most sports ( watch a good wicket keeper or person in first slips in a cricket match), War where combat veterans are in action. Experienced drivers. In fact the key area seems to be repetition. I would say that the Ideomotor effect is of great evolutionary importance.

Anyway I do respect you stance as you are a sceptic with experiences and choose to keep an open mind. I am an occultist but do not believe everything I read and also question thing s a lot as this is the way to deeper understanding of a fascinating phenomenon.

Rgds.

Tiger5

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Whilst she was unaware that this was what happened, she noticed a couple of the pupils acting very strangely over the next few days, as though they were 'spaced out' or not entirely there..”

And here is the key phrase. As a magician I can surmise what happened but let me break it down for the many non occultists out there. The pupils were playing with the Ouija board and got results. One of the key factor in getting results is that they slipped into an altered state of awareness. They did not come out of it afterwards or did not come out of it fully afterwards. The situation is analogous to the song that you hate that just keeps repeating itself in your head: I once had a Lady Gaga track do that – sheer horror!

The crucial thing about altered states of awareness is that they are called trances. Pop culture links trance with extreme effects like those people who have dental work whilst under hypnotic trance (why take the risk). No! A light trance is so close to what passes for normal consciousness as to be generally indiscernible.

Here is a simple experiment – OH wow and occultist with experiments???

Please do not do this if you have any serious medical conditions. I would urge the skeptics to experiment with this one in particular.

Get an alarm clock and set it to alarm any time after seven minutes - lets say eight for consistency.

Find your most comfy chair and sit in it.

Breath normally or whatever passes for normal breathing.
Try and relax. Try to focus your mind on just relaxing. Try not to analyse whatever thought and images arise. Just keep relaxing.

Isn’t it peaceful.

Then the alarm clock goes off! How did you feel now.

What I am trying to get people to experience is the experience of a light trance. I have no tranceometer so cannot say how light the trance was or how heavy.

When the alarm clock went off what happened???

Some people experience nothing at all. If these people are of a sceptical stance we can call these people blind sceptics as they cannot experience anything but roundly denounce those who do.

Some can get a nasty shock complete with a racing heart when the Alarm goes off. These people possibly experienced a deeper trance. Of course some will be blasé and state that happens to them every working day but it is just a demonstration.

Most of the population are some place between the two extremes.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

Scientism? Haven't heard that one in a while

While I do not think the ideomotor effect explains all Ouija board related incidents I do think there are a great number of people unaware that they might be moving the piece without consciously deciding to.

Even without the IDM effect I still wouldn't be convinced there is something supernatural about sitting down with the alphabet on a piece of wood/cardboard and asking questions. The human variable of being in contact with the pointer is the biggest give away that something other than a spirit or ghost is moving it. Until a Ouija board pointer moves on its own, in a test lab, I will remain skeptical of the alphabet's supernatural ability to contact the dead.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join