It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.Korea threatens nuclear retaliation

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Israel has told the UN Security Council's North Korea sanctions panel that ballistic missile proliferation by Pyongyang is destabilizing the Middle East and urged countries to step up efforts to stop it.
"Israel would like to express its ongoing concern regarding the proliferation of ballistic missiles from (North Korea), and to encourage the international community to strengthen its efforts in response to these dangers," Israel's UN mission said in a letter to the North Korea sanctions committee.
He also said North Korea was providing Israel's foes Iran and Syria with aid for their missile programs.

story link from ynetnews

if i again think 2 STEPS AHEAD
Israel wants Iran asap...the world will possibly condemn them for that
this is where NK come in... the futur war with NK vs SK(suported by USA)

THERE YOU HAVE IT ... Israel will strike shortly after the start of the war with NK

the media will labelled NK as the aggressor after they attack ships from the SK-US drill in the gulf
the moral of the US-SK army will be high... that it was the correct thing to do ... to respond with a full war
thats why it will be AGAIN labelled LEGAL ...

but NK and Iran is not like Irak of afghanistan .. they have powerfull allies ..the total of them all combined... will overwhelm USA and its allies

NUKES will be used ....after the first fear that they have misscalculate the response and that the possibility to loose the war will be plausible
USA cant always win all of his agressive wars... it only have to lost one and its over... the american fairy dream world will change... but i think to the better

it has to worsen to get better ... sadly

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
reply to post by Aristophrenia

China have BIG patience... they wait with their billions army strong men
to strike a FINISH-HIM with the help of Russia...
the war the USA wanted(insanely suicidal) with Iran and NK
to go play like this on other empire backyard

I wonder if this is why the new Red Dawn movie was stopped after it was already filmed. It hits to close to reality.

Though Australia has a Red Dawn clone coming out in September called Tomorrow, When the War Began. The invaders looked like they could be the Chinese from the trailer: Trailer link

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I just love the double standard card Israel is playing. Like Israel ain't getting any support them selves. Like nuclear weapons, money,military equipment and physical military support from the US.

Israel is crying because NK, China or Russia might give away nuclear technology. Well Israel, welcome to the club. Who gave yo your nuclear weapons. If any nation should be charged for spreading nukes it should be the Americans.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
keep laughing at Kim jong il one day be it tomorrow or next year he'll do it and the world will be a far different place in the aftermath. i personally don't believe the north sank that ship so with that belief you could kind of understand the Norths frustration. if the north is attacked preemptively (witch i think could be a big possibility given there threatening the south with a nuke including allot of U.S troops) china will react its just to close to home for them not to. like i said keep laughing but theirs nothing funny about it!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
how many more of these idle threats do we have to listen to? also including these posts it's just getting pathetic now!

[edit on 24-7-2010 by jumpingbeanz]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
There's nukes in Starcraft 2? Settle this on Starcraft 2.

North Korean team VS South Korean team.

Nobody dies for real.

Everybody wins.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I do think that even though NK has a half-century history of provocations and belligerance that this time is different. It's not so much the situation in NK that is different though. It's what's going on in the rest of the world with the economy. We have worldwide production overcapacity, which is one component that can lead to Depression like deflation. South Korea is a major industrial country that produces everything from cars to dishwasers to consumer electronics. I have no doubt that in a war between North and South Korea with no one else involved (not like that would happen) the South would win, but even with all it's allies involved the south would still suffer severe damage to it's population and industries. This may be more acceptable to whatever powers that may be than at any time in the past.

The United States became the worlds greatest producer not because of ingenuity, work ethic, or innovation, but because at the end of world war II it was the only nation that did not suffer any damage to it's industrial base. Imagine if you will a world in which Samsung, LG, and Hyundai (to name only three) were crippled by losses to both factories and personnel. Who would benefit from that?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

nah they prefer real wars with REAL BOOMS..
in a game its not real ... so its boring and not fun
THEY LIKE REAL BLOOD AND REAL CASUALITES

in Korea they already have millions dollars Starcraft tournament

[edit on 7/24/2010 by Ben81]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
The problem with Little Kim is this. The Boy Who Cried Wolf.

In this instance, let's rename it, "The Lunatic NK Dictator that Cried Wolf With the Intent of Creating A False Sense of Security".

Don't go getting too cozy with the fact that he cries wolf. He may be a lot of bluster, but he is rapidly gaining on the D-Day - his demise day, Death Day, Who Cares Day - and it won't be wolf anymore.

This blustering should be likened to the buildup of a tropical storm to a hurricane - soon he will feel - since he is dying - that he has nothing to lose.

In the meantime, we get too comfortable with his blustering, thinking it is just a passing afternoon shower, not much to worry about.

I think that's our mistake, and I think that's why this administration is sitting off the NK coast as I type this, with a show of force - if not outright provocation.

Right now, a war is the only thing that will save Obambi. The desperation on both sides is thick enough to cut with a knife.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Politics is a big play. Just like at theatres the lines are written in advance.

I believe that is scripted and everybody is playing along. USA needs wars to destroy other economies, as the only solution to restore their own. Just look how successful and wealthy USA was after WWII, when Europe and Asia had no more strong industries.

WW3 seems to be the only way out for the USA, and probably the only way for TPTB to implement NWO.

I wish NK will not play their game. A SK/US invation can be perceived by Russia as yet another excuse to get NATO military forces close to their border.

Peace is the only real solution.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
If NK makes a move to carry out its threat, it will be exterminated utterly from several angles at once, and unlike the people it will likely be firing its weapons at, NK does NOT have a reliable anti ICBM weapons platform. The US , and thier allies, ARE packing every deterant measure currently in production up to and including a airbourne lazer capable of burning a missile out of the sky hundreds of miles from its target, without setting off the main payload. NKs posture is futile , and a sign of how close to collapse they are.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Oh, come-on, fer chris's sake!! Their last "demonstration nuke", only detonated the HE component! NK is NOT a threat. A SINGLE "ER Bomb", over Pyongyang, would wipe-out, the ENTIRE Communist Party, while hurting almost NO CIVILIANS! (I'm excluding Party-member's families- live by the sword, die by the sword). The Capital City, is a SHOWPLACE, where ONLY the Party-Members, are allowed to live. The workers, come in every day, to clean it, and LEAVE, EVERY NIGHT.
Gee- talk about "clean decapitation", what MORE could we ask for? Oh, yeah- we'd have to have a PRESIDENT, NOT a puppet. Never mind.
Go back to your TV "programming".

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Are you suggesting, we should cut lil kim, and obami, in half, with a knife?? I'm game. I have a NICE Katana.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
All this is leading to the final showdown. A New World Order where the US and our allies are in control. Think about it...the only real threat to the US in the world is China and Russia. If we attack North Korea, we would be right on China's doorstep. China would ultimately be surrounded and would one day be taken out. Same thing with Russia. The wars in the middle east are proxy wars toward Russia...and North Korea would be a proxy war with China.

Who knows...maybe the attack on the South Korean ship was a false flag. Maybe with these military drills, there may be another false flag which will bring us to all out war with North Korea. Guess we'll see soon.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by contraband
All this is leading to the final showdown. A New World Order where the US and our allies are in control. Think about it...the only real threat to the US in the world is China and Russia. If we attack North Korea, we would be right on China's doorstep. China would ultimately be surrounded and would one day be taken out. Same thing with Russia. The wars in the middle east are proxy wars toward Russia...and North Korea would be a proxy war with China.

that's funny, do you think China and Russia are not aware of what's going on?... I bet they have some very unpleasant surprise for the very dumb american strategists...

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
this guy is off his nut . if he nuked a naval battle group and i seriouly doubt he has that capability he is looking at a death sentence for himself and his regime. because we would retaliate in kind and if we didn't use nukes we could still blast nk back to pre industrial dark ages. and there long time ally china would be our ally in this situation.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aristophrenia

Originally posted by cloudbreak

Originally posted by Aristophrenia

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by Aristophrenia

The Chinese effectively bought the canal through their private finance arm via a Hong Kong based front groups - one of the first things they did when they received Hong Kong back from the British.

I think you are being a bit dramatic and liberal in your assertions, to be fair. First, the company that owns the controlling stake in the canal was formerly a British company, but is now a Hong Kong-listed public company. It is not a Chinese 'private finance arm' as you put it.

They operate in 55 countries or so and focus on ports. Hey, even you could buy a controlling stake in this company if you wanted...then we could say 'Aristophrenia is trying to take over the world'.

Second, your prior assertion the most Asian countries despise the US simply isn't true in my experience. Quite the opposite. There may be a dislike among some people over policies and politics, but there isn't a broad-based hate which could be categorized to the level of "despise". I've found most Vietnamese, Filippinos, other Southeast asians and even Chinese in fact to think highly of the US over many aspects.

10% of the company which owns the ports is directly owned by China resources - a state controlled organisation - secondly Whampoa is in partnership with the China Ocean Shipping Company - an arm of the People Liberation Army - soooooo pretty clear that the Chinese GOVERNMENT has a direct influence in the project - they carry upto 25% of Chinese military on protection vessels. .....HMMMM. Either way - it is very, very clear that the Chinese have a significant interest in the Panama canal - an issue which has been causing great consternation in the US - and would be cuase for concern should the US be involved in a confrontation with the Chinese via north Korea - GET IT ?

Secondly - I live in Asia - have been all over the place and im so happy the people tell you they like Americans - they don't. The Japanese had 2 nukes dropped on them - you really think they like America - come on. Who cares what the people say - seriously - i would tell an American I like America - most of the time they are not sophisticated enough to deal with the truth - its better and easier.

Indonesia is a hot bed of anti American-ism - the US support of dictatorial regimes has led to wide, broad and deep hatred. Vietnam doesn't ring too many bells ? How short your memories are. Seriously. you think you can just massacre countries - destroy them to within an inch of their life and then when they tell you they think you are great you believe it ? My god - thats just out there. You have invaded, bombed, maimed and utterly destroyed almost a dozen countries in Asia - you have been the number one cause of untold suffering through direct installment and support of the most horrendous despots in the region of whom many countries are now only just recovering - Asians are deeply, deeply pissed with America. I have studied China for almost 25 years - I can assure you they are a country who bides their time - they are long term thinkers - and they are still VERY VERY pissed at the resource / tea wars which crippled China almost 150 years ago. I am STUNNED that you think Asian countries LIKE America - they do not. I live in Asia.

Naahhh - you're still being dramatic. Hutchinson Whampoa is a publicly-listed company in Hong Kong, get it? That means you, Ben Bernanke, Coca Cola - or any person or entity - can effectively gain control for the right price. Get it? It's a business. A global, public business. A business with thousands of 'white' shareholders at that.

As far as its investment in the Panama Canal (which I understand was all cleared by US concerns as showing no impediment to ongoing flow of cargo after all is said and done) first, it is an investor. It doesn't own the land et al - it is still overseen/ultimatly controlled by the local government there. It's a public business, operating on public business terms, that is all.

Don't take offence, but you are probably what we long-term Asia expats call a FOB. Fresh of the boat. You know, the type who lobs in to Asia, been there a year or two, and suddenly is an expert on the region.

For starters, we're in 2010 - not 1948. There is a whole generation of Japanese who know WWII was in the past. Do you harbour a deep hatred of Hitler and Germany? Well, even though both sets of my grandparents fought him, as well as other great uncles in my family, I don't hate Germany for what they did. In fact some of my best mates are Germans. I am smart enough to realize that the German people today are not representative of what happened 70 years ago. You seem to think the world is stuck in a rut and time does not progress.

As far as Vietnam goes, exactly how long have you lived there? Obviously not long, as you'd know the vast majority of those in the south (i.e. most of the country) have a deep mistrust of their government, and very much wanted Ho Chi Minh to be defeated. Nearly everyone there still calls Ho Chi Minh City, "Saigon" instead. I wonder why. Most have a general genuine liking for the US, Australia, NZ and others who were fighting for the cause - but even despite the war, most always look up to places such as the US with respect. Still. Today. Even in 2010.

Phillippines? Damn. The US is like a holy grail there to most of them. Seriously. Personally I don't get it, but there you go. At all levels, the US ranks highly as a place to be educated, or to go and live or emmigrate to.

Same with the rest of Southeast Asia.

Indonesia, sure there may be some religious/muslim backlash going on due to a rather extreme element, mind you, in Indonesia there is a much stronger dislike of Chinese than Americans.

I guess the question though comes down to what you think makes up a country - is it the people, or a minor, hidden aspect of some parts of a government? Personally my definition of a country leans more towards the sum of all parts, i.e. the people.

And that is where I must strongly disagree with your assertion that Asian countries despise the US. Because they do not.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
When is little crazy Kim NOT threatening with some sort of retaliation for any minuscule thing? That's the problem with any form of dictatorship, they can't survive unless there is a constant war and a permanent form of an enemy to keep the people rallied under the supreme rule of the land. They are united under fear of threat from an outside force. This is why Ronald Reagan kept reminding us about the "Alien" threat that would united the world.(Project Blubeam)

TPTB who are trying to completely take over the UK, Europe and the United States are pushing hard for war on ANY front. It gives them more power, the people lose their rights, and TPTB are closer to their dictatorship. It's really happening quickly in the United States. Too many people live here are willingly ignorant and don't understand they have to be actively involved with the inner workings of the country to retain the peace. This is all propaganda on both fronts to rally us into war willingly, it's the perfect excuse to give up freedom for security.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Well it is currently 1:45 am in NK,.
maybe 8 hours to Showtime
I hope it's not a letdown

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
When do the actual war games begin?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join