It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.Korea threatens nuclear retaliation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
For everyone sake, China should march into North Korea and get this whole business done with.

But of course, China is not stupid and don't want to lose billions of $ and thousands of lives occupying a country.

China said they would back up North Korea if it was invaded by the US/SK unprovoked... what ``unprovoked`` means to them is a whole another matter.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
n/m

[edit on 23-7-2010 by princeofpeace]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Think about it from NK perspective.

A.) If they were truely not responsible for the SK warship shinking then they have ever right in the world to be this hostile. Especially when you have just been accused of something you didnt do and then and armada of warships show up on your front door step. This is a hugely aggressive action on the United States part. Which prompts very aggressive threats and reactions.

B.) Only so long before you can back a rabid dog into a corner before you get bit. The US has pushed and pushed NK to the point of breaking. If they want nuclear arms then they will have them and the US pushing is only breaking there nerves until eventually they will snap and people will die.

The US need to rethink its policy on how to handle NK. Sure they make blatant threats that they never follow through with but they only have to follow through once and hell will break loose. Most say NK will back down again for the US, but this time I fear no.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
And at the same time, if the sinking of the Chenoan was somehow an accident, then NK can only THREATEN SK so many times (as we all see almost weekly on here!!!) before SK is going to automatically think NK did it.

NK dug themselves in this hole either way. Either they actually sunk the ship, or the MANY threats they continuously give out makes them guilty anyway. If they were innnocent then they to take up a policy of STFU and maybe they wouldnt be accused.

Originally posted by Sway33
Think about it from NK perspective.

A.) If they were truely not responsible for the SK warship shinking then they have ever right in the world to be this hostile. Especially when you have just been accused of something you didnt do and then and armada of warships show up on your front door step. This is a hugely aggressive action on the United States part. Which prompts very aggressive threats and reactions.

B.) Only so long before you can back a rabid dog into a corner before you get bit. The US has pushed and pushed NK to the point of breaking. If they want nuclear arms then they will have them and the US pushing is only breaking there nerves until eventually they will snap and people will die.

The US need to rethink its policy on how to handle NK. Sure they make blatant threats that they never follow through with but they only have to follow through once and hell will break loose. Most say NK will back down again for the US, but this time I fear no.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sway33

North Korea has always reacted with hostile threats and occasional violence. Even if they weren't responsible for the Cheonan nobody is going to believe them anymore. They have dug their own grave on this one.

The US has always offered to loosen sanctions and begin restarting trade with North Korea, on the simple condition that North Korea disarm their nuclear ambitions. We are STILL offering to do this. But even when North Korea pretended to go along with the disarmament they still insisted on holding some of their nuclear secrets behind their back. They have always seen military might as a higher priority than the well being of their own people.

The only "pushing" we have done is sanctions, and I see no reason to trade anything with a regime like Kim Jong Il's unless they start to get their priorities straight.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Magnus47]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
If i have a guy who keeps coming by my house threatenting to shoot it...on an almost continuous basis, and then one day i wake up to find a bullet hole in my house, then GUESS WHAT???? The first person im gonna look at is the guy who has been threatening to shoot my house!!

NK needs to STFU.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
NK isn't going to do anything. The only way NK is going to do anything is if china has their back.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Well it must be that time of the week.
Little Kimmy and his new pet dog. I mean the new puppet are spewing their usual BS.

Nothing to see here.

Move along.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Yep and China doesnt want to risk an all out war over NK. There is nothing for them to gain from it and EVERYTHING to lose.

Originally posted by Alien Mind
NK isn't going to do anything. The only way NK is going to do anything is if china has their back.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
N.Korea declares "sacred war" on U.S., South

North Korea said on Saturday it would begin a "sacred war" against the United States and South Korea at "any time necessary" based on its nuclear deterrent, in response to "reckless" military exercises by the allies.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by john124]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

Um...
any time necessary

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

There were probably a mistranslation.

They didn't mean ``sacred war`` they meant a ``Starcraft war``...

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by john124

Um...
any time necessary

Maybe they're busy on Saturday and don't want to die until Sunday!

[edit on 24-7-2010 by john124]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

Or maybe they're compensating for something. Like a lack of survival plan.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Or little penis.

Obama and Hillary are not helping calming the tensions...

Opening a new source of potential friction with China, the Obama administration said Friday that it would step into a tangled dispute between China and its smaller Asian neighbors over a string of strategically significant islands in the South China Sea.

I'm sure China doesn't like that.

It would be like China siding with the Atzlan nuts saying that the western US is owned by Mexico.

It's less radical than that, but you get the idea.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
run a search on invincible spirit sharp... and you'll come across a website for the rok defense forces, at www.rskf.mil I believe, ther is a letter posted there, written yesterday by General William Sharp to the forces in this excersize, and it is a mindblower, sounds very ominous... sorry no link, but i'm on my mobile right now, this is a very telling letter as to whats going on from US/SK side of things....

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Well now, that's just retarded. Everyone with any kind of military knowledge knows that China could hardly have any sort of actual use for those islands. Damn, Obama must really need a war to boot his pretentious dickness.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnus47

Originally posted by Aristophrenia
Imagine China carrying out major naval exercises in the Gulf of Mexico - imagine the response !

That's different for two major reasons.
1) China has basically zero trade routes through that area, and
2) China has no close allies in that area.

We are close allies with Japan and South Korea, among others, and rest assured they are not complaining about our navy's presence there... except of course for s...................

Find this response pretty shocking - mainly for its presumptions - based on ignorance, and then erroneous assumptions drawn from said presumptions.

Lets go through the fallacies shall we.

China has no allies in the area. What do you think North Korea is. WOW - what falsehood. The first line of my response pointed out that they were the number one trading partner and are their number one ally. Thats a fact. I think you will also find that despite the US support in Japan which the Japanese HATE - the Japanese have a sworn enemy in SOUTH KOREA. They are constantly involved in skirmishes. The Chinese are, and always have been, viewed very differently by Asian nations than the way we perceive them - America is absolutely despised in Asia - despised. From Vietnam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Philippines (all counties the US has bombed to hell) right through to Japan - Nukes. Who the hell do you think they would rather be with - please. Grow some idea about international relations beyond the blinkered western perception.

One more time - the US Nuked Japan - got that. They are under forced surrender obligations to have those bases.

While I was in South Korea - every single day - there were MASSIVE anti- American protests. EVERY DAY.

This region is fearful of China - only in terms of it returning to its historically NORMAL position of being the most dominant force in the region - however believe me - they hate America a truck load more.

You then speak of not being a trade route - this region borders Shanghai, Taiwan, South Korea, Hong Kong (south) and Japan - what are you talking about ? Do you even know where this is ?

You then state that China hasn't said anything - WTF ?!!!!

They have been belligerent about their objections - there is a link directly above your post pointing this specific point out. Secondly they have not caught them at a time of bad relations - China has vocally, specifically and repeatedly spoken out on this issue in support of North Korea - honestly - what are you talking about ????

Finally - you have a lot to learn about what is going on - the US has been agitating China for a long, long time - as the point of my post is about a proxy war - i think you need to understand what that REALLY means - then direct confrontation will be avoided - thats an acceptable fact. But make no mistake the US is pushing for a confrontation with the US. China has been the number one threat to the US for several decades - Cheney spoke about this during his tenure as secretary of defense under Bush Senior - China has been the enemy for a long time - thats an absolute fact.

A proxy war with China provides the US with the opportunity to absolve their debts to China - thats the whole point of doing it - DER!!
The prospect of isolating China out of the western trading world would be the biggest BOOM for western capitalism since the second world war. Shutting it out of trade, destroying its capital reserves, pushing manufacturing to new emerging nations such as Brazil and India while closing down the massive trade imbalance while also providing HUGE boosts to domestic jobs as manufacturing is brought back onshore into the us to replace the lost goods - WIN, WIN, WIN, WIN, WIN, WIN............
Seriously mate - hope you take the time to actually understand what is going on - please also try and avoid that condescending tone of authority when you clearly have a very limited understanding.

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Aristophrenia

Is english your first language or?

Because he said that China didn't have TRADE ROUTES OR ALLIES IN CENTRAL AMERICA... not Asia...

Good post anyway.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
If i have a guy who keeps coming by my house threatenting to shoot it...on an almost continuous basis, and then one day i wake up to find a bullet hole in my house, then GUESS WHAT???? The first person im gonna look at is the guy who has been threatening to shoot my house!!

NK needs to STFU.

Really - its funny when your house is 10,000 miles an ocean away in another continent and this guy has never even been NEAR your house - but you keep on driving by his house making threats at him.....think about that.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join