It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.Korea threatens nuclear retaliation

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
When do the actual war games begin?

Sunday evening.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Am I right in thinking that NK still don't have an effective long range delivery system?

I'm wondering if they even have effective warheads, perhaps a couple of dirty bombs slapped on the DMZ when the wind is blowing south?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
I reckon that news source in the OP is blowing it out of proportion, according to the BBC, NK has threatened a physical response, not a nuclear one.

www.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 23/7/10 by woogleuk]

Well I guess lil Kim wants to sink another ship. My bet is just a few Virgina class subs will be there just to make sure its a NK ship or sub that gets sunk this time. The Carrier battle group has two for protection and I'm sure they will bring many more do to the risk.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Typically, just after I posted that comment, the BBC then decided to report that is was nuclear threat.....but.....i'm glad to have the BBC as a source, regardless of other peoples opinions, I do trust what they say, their reputation depends on the facts, unlike the Sun newspaper, which just prints what its wants based on loose facts (and topless page 3 girls, lol).

[edit on 24/7/10 by woogleuk]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Let's hope that Iran and N. Korea never have a dispute eh ?
Just imagine the ' War of Threatening ' .....

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Well then based on those page 3 girls, it can't be all that bad can it?

Just joking.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Wow-you hope its NOT a let down? You actually want war to break out? Great.

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Well it is currently 1:45 am in NK,.
maybe 8 hours to Showtime
I hope it's not a letdown

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Quote: "North Korea has a message for its neighbor to the south: Hold friendly naval drills with the U.S., and you can expect a nuclear response."

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The real reason is all those oil deposits under those 200 little islands....

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Anyone seen this?

Pentagon yields to China propaganda offensive on exercises in Korea

The Obama administration and the Pentagon have relented in the face of Chinese propaganda and will not dispatch the aircraft carrier strike group led by the USS George Washington to waters near China. Military sources said the carrier will take part in Sea of Japan maneuvers, on the eastern waters of the Korean Peninsula.

www.east-asia-intel.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
NK is not stupid, they're not going to bomb the south, if they do it's like suicide to themselves with almost everyone against them.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Well, we will know in a few hours I guess..

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by VicMT09

I agree. Any nation willing to deliver a 'first strike' over anything but a universally justified reason has, quite frankly, lost the plot!

Which brings me to my next point. All we have heard recently, and indeed there are countless threads here on ATS, is the continous 'threats' from North Korea.

Surely this is propoganda?

Every sane thinking mind on planet earth has to consider this?

Personally i can't believe that North Korea would risk being wiped from existence just to make such a relitively petty point!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Its a known fact that Lil Kim is a raging alcoholic and there were some articles on the net yesterday that said many times when these beligerant statements are released to the press by Kim that he is 3 sheets to the wind.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Aristophrenia

Military action is out of the question as it would result in a global war - with Chinas manufacturing capacity the US would be up the creek in about three months.

Yes, they can out manufacture just about anyone else at the moment...the problem is, the tanks and aircraft will fall to bits after two or three days of the soldiers playing with them!

Seriously though, economics is probably my weakest area of knowledge..i just can't understand it.

Why, if the West is so worried about China becoming too powerful, don't we just not order any of their goods?

Isn't it that simple? If the US and Europe say, "No thanks China, we don't want your goods" (ok, simplified, but you know what i mean), who are they going to offload the crud to?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
FACT: The US is still FAR superior to China militarily. The US is using propaganda about China's increasing military might to justify more elaborate weapons designs and development.

The US "worrying about China" is like playing in a basketball game when the score is 70 to 20 and the team behind just went on a 10-0 run. You're still ahead by 40. Adjust and maintain the lead.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Someone may have already posted this and I missed it, sorry if so, but here is a fairly new story on the situation.

North Korea declares "sacred war" on US and South

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
If so, war being by the day of July 25th, then I might be sleep peaceful when it start and end.

However, if nothing happen then it's inevitable that we will have WWIII in somewhat near future. As other say that NWO has planned it all along. They want it happen and NK is best place to start to provoke the WWIII. If NK keep his dictator's mouth shut, then NWO will look for another opportunity as usually.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
"It again denied that the country was behind the sinking of South Korea's corvette Cheonan, and said the planned military drills were "as reckless an act as waking up a sleeping tiger."

Tiger??? Imagine what Giant against Tiger? We might get hurt, but NK will be obliterated. They should use "Cat" instead of "Tiger".

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Here is the caviat and the wiggle room that NK needs to save face in case they dont do anything:

"North Korea said on Saturday it would begin a "sacred war" against the United States and South Korea at "any time necessary" based on its nuclear deterrent, in response to "reckless" military exercises by the allies."

READ AGAIN: "any time necessary".

That doesnt mean its imminent...any time necessary could be a week from now, a month from now, or a year from now but it gets NK off the hook because up until this point it was sounding they were DEFINITELY going to do something.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join