It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.Korea threatens nuclear retaliation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

N.Korea threatens nuclear retaliation

news.ninemsn.com.au

North Korea on Saturday threatened to use a "powerful nuclear deterrence" in response to a South Korea-US joint naval exercise, state media said.

North Korea was prepared for a "retaliatory sacred war", the Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) said, quoting Pyongyang's National Defence Commission.

The United States and South Korea have announced joint naval exercises, beginning on Sunday, in what they said is a bid to deter North Korea's "aggressive" behaviour.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Not a good sign especially given the increasing tensions and military exercises beginning on Sunday. They have made similar threats before but since the sinking of the Cheonan and a large joint US-S.Korean fleet arrived, the situation seems much more volatile.

False flag or otherwise, we could be beginning the first great war of the 21st century within hours.

I've had an intuitive feeling that something big would happen around the 25th July for a couple of weeks now.

North Korean eyes open as Hillary Clinton passes by

That N.Korean soldier could have taken out Hillary in the DMZ a couple of days ago!!

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-7-2010 by john124]

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Somebody needs to give Kim the largest Immodium tablet possible to try to contain that case of "Diarrhea of the mouth" he has.

The miliary exercise will go on unabated and NK will stand down. Watch.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Yeah, thats a great deterrant. Send all your naval vessels into their disputed zones. The US really DOESNT** want a war, do they? why dont they go home.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I firmly believe that events are increasing and moving toward a tilting point.

I have been looking for possible events in my window of July 21 through July 28 and with something happening or beginning during this time frame and then building to a bigger event on or after August 20.

While these recent threats of nuclear weapons use is indeed a serious matter, to me it appears contrived and orchestrated to create the needed ingredients for escalation and eventual world war.

Time will tell but this N. Korean threat has more meaning to me than most because as I stated earlier, I have been waiting for the "Game" to be revealed that will show the way. Too many signs that say something is building. To ignore that finding is in my mind a poor decision.

Your posting helped bring me up to speed on N. Korea, because I have been so busy to keep up with what is happening around the world. Seems to be a lot going on here in America and seems to be something happening in Asia.

Anyway, thanks again.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

What if they really do something. Maybe they are getting desperate?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Kim has dirty bombs ie cobalt 60...while not a nuclear bomb per se, it is a nuclear weapon.

According to some pundits this gives him real swing in the real world.

Cobalt 60 is tres nasty, and if you are down wind of one, that is very bad news.

When you corner even a small dog in its own yard... big dogs get bit.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Yea so? What's this, number 30 something promise of war? let the pretentious dick yell. Lets see how long till his people realize his bluff.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Geee , it's about time . I was beginning to think that NK was getting soft , what's it been two weeks sense there last threat ?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Those werent dirty bombs the North Koreans were testing a while back.

Originally posted by Danbones
Kim has dirty bombs ie cobalt 60...while not a nuclear bomb per se, it is a nuclear weapon.

According to some pundits this gives him real swing in the real world.

Cobalt 60 is tres nasty, and if you are down wind of one, that is very bad news.

When you corner even a small dog in its own yard... big dogs get bit.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaxBlack
I have been looking for possible events in my window of July 21 through July 28 and with something happening or beginning during this time frame and then building to a bigger event on or after August 20.

Please.... enough with the "prediction dates." I don't understand why ATS members have this affiliation with trying to predict the correct date for something bad to happen.

I'm not saying you do it all the time Max, so I'm not singling you out personally. But seriously every time something like this crops up in the news someone here on ATS just has to throw their date prediction in the mix!

Nothing is going to happen, N. Korea threaten "nuclear retaliation" at least 5 times a year. If they did anything horrible they would be destroyed

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
All I would be able to say to his threat is
Bring it on Lil Kim
This joker has been flappn his jaw for far too long

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Maybe panic day has been moved back a little bit. Duck and cover everbody!!

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I reckon that news source in the OP is blowing it out of proportion, according to the BBC, NK has threatened a physical response, not a nuclear one.

www.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 23/7/10 by woogleuk]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
To be fair to NK, Hitlery and Netanyahu have been runnig around threatening everybody every second day too, which is as bad as Kim Ill.

And yes, I realize Kim used the Nuclear reactors Rumsfeld sold him to create various nuclear weapons which is why threatening him or accusing NK of unproven allegations seems counter productive...

Unless you think wrestlin'....which is where all the posturing makes perfect sence.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Well it says that the Joint-Naval exercises will begin on Sunday. That is not long at all, I can wait to see what will happen.

Really though, a nuclear attack would pretty much be a national suicide. If we don't retaliate with our nuclear weapons ( I have a feeling we won't) then all we have is N. Korea holding a smoking nuclear launch tube. Good luck finding friends after this!!

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Kim's regime always throws a tantrum as a form of diplomacy. They use South Korea's fear of having a war with their neighbors as a stepping stone to get what they want. In that respect, this is nothing new.

However, if this is true, is it the first time they have threatened to launch a nuclear attack? That's what I'm wondering.

Really the only thing North Korea has going for its military is sheer numbers... which to be honest, is a significant thing to have in a military. But the US has been developing anti-missile weapons for a while now, and if they did launch any kind of nuclear missile, there is a chance that it could be shot down over their own territory. Of course, I don't think Kim would care much if he accidentally killed thousands of his own... in fact, he would probably try to say that we launched the bomb first.

Anyway, just speculating.

Originally posted by Danbones
To be fair to NK, Hitlery and Netanyahu have been runnig around threatening everybody every second day too, which is as bad as Kim Ill.

At least in regards to human rights, we are not as bad as Kim. He is more interested in buying the loyalty of his military officers while he watches American movies and drinks French wine, than he is in feeding or educating his own people who are starving as we speak. They don't even have the freedom to own books over there.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I spoke too soon!

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
North Korea is a proxy state of China - 70% of all trade is carried out via China. China has been incredibly clear about this - no naval exercises in what they see as their backyard.

Try and see North Korea as Georgia - a proxy Russian state - (South Ossetia) - this is how major military powers have sorted out their differences since the end of the second world war - Vietnam, the north Korean war Cuba, were all part of disputes between major powers fought via proxy states.

Imagine China carrying out major naval exercises in the Gulf of Mexico - imagine the response !

China simply will not allow this to happen, the last time the US went into these waters with "research" ships which were armed the Chinese rammed them - the US hot tailed it out of the region tail between their legs - and cried to the UN.

The reason why this is such an issue is not North Korea - this is as mentioned merely a proxy, what is more important is unchallenged US Naval dominance of the region. It is one of, if not the most, important US strategic military position - unfettered dominance of global trade routes and naval supremacy. Thats a fact.

China will absolutely be challenging theses exercises - and you can bet your bottom dollar their will be confrontation - more than likely non lethal.

As mentioned by other posters a false flag event is an incredibly likely scenario - and if it occurs would be terrifying in its consequences. China has the capacity now, especially in this region, to utterly overwhelm the united states - stupid, stupid, stupid decision being made and pushed by the Council on Foreign relations - 'Hi Jo Biden'.

The result will be a condemnation of China as an interventionist state, siding with rogue nations etc.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
What I don't get is how would it be a retaliation?

"North Korea was prepared for a "retaliatory sacred war",

Military exercises are not an attack, so what would KJI be retaliating against??

I can just picture him sitting at his palace threatening his servants with "retaliatory sacred war" if they put too much ice in his koolaid, or if they fold his one-piece jumpsuits wrong.

[edit on 23/7/2010 by Chamberf=6]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join