It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.Korea threatens nuclear retaliation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by Aristophrenia

Is english your first language or?

Because he said that China didn't have TRADE ROUTES OR ALLIES IN CENTRAL AMERICA... not Asia...

Good post anyway.

Fair point. However in response - China is part of the BRIC - which includes Brazil and has exceptionally strong relations with many South / Central American nations - secondly being the worlds largest exporter - specifically to the US - I think my second point stands as well.

Finally I would like to point out that China currently effectively OWNS the panama canal - there are plenty of posts on this site wondering about the Costa Rica US Armada - well now YOU KNOW - i am gob smacked that no one has actually realized this.

The Chinese effectively bought the canal through their private finance arm via a Hong Kong based front groups - one of the first things they did when they received Hong Kong back from the British.

I try to read most of what goes on on this site - and avoid posting unless I see something blatantly uninformed and ignorant.

Anyway - heres the deal - China is a real threat to the US - people have really no idea how serious this is. The US has absolutely no way of competing with China - the current global situation is not merely a meltdown - rather a reflection on the total shift of global power back into the favor of the Chinese - there is almost nothing that can be done through trade, finance etc- nothing. Military action is out of the question as it would result in a global war - with Chinas manufacturing capacity the US would be up the creek in about three months.

The only real option left is what they are pushing for - isolating chinas resource providers (Iran - Africa, South America) which has been clearly seen, and then pushing them into a proxy war to allow the us make countries choose trade alliances and place financial sanctions against the Chinese - wipe out the debt. China also poses a MASSIVE threat to US currency dominance - China is now the number one export country on earth AND the worlds biggest consumer of energy - that means it has a strong claim to becoming the choice for global currency.

what is happening now is the biggest struggle the US has ever fought - they are doing it slowly, methodically, and strategically - hard to follow as the pieces are often moved in what may appear to be irrelevant ways and places - but trust me - this is what is going on.

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

China is only as stable as their energy sources. Remove Iran and a couple other countries that supply them and they would be in big trouble.

The issue with NK is that only China stands to gain if the US/SK goes to war with little Kimmy. It becomes a distraction ...

And if the West remains strategically focused, war with NK makes it more likely that nukes will come into play to quickly deal with such a distraction.

The alternative is even worse and involves more widespread regional conflicts around the globe, specifically in resource rich areas.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by area6

China is only as stable as their energy sources. Remove Iran and a couple other countries that supply them and they would be in big trouble.

The issue with NK is that only China stands to gain if the US/SK goes to war with little Kimmy. It becomes a distraction ...

And if the West remains strategically focused, war with NK makes it more likely that nukes will come into play to quickly deal with such a distraction.

The alternative is even worse and involves more widespread regional conflicts around the globe, specifically in resource rich areas.

Almost all of Europe is reliant on Russia for natural gas - remove that and half the continent will freeze to death over winter. Big trouble - whats your point?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Whoa, hold on here. Clearly there seems to be a misunderstanding. I'm going to start at the end of your first response.

Originally posted by Aristophrenia
Seriously mate - hope you take the time to actually understand what is going on - please also try and avoid that condescending tone of authority when you clearly have a very limited understanding.

Cheers.

All right.

Point number one: I by no means claim to be an authority on this subject and I never have. I am simply making my points as I understand them. This is what you do in a discussion.

Point number two: I am not trying to be condescending, in this regard you are misunderstanding me. This is just how I discuss things: if I believe I have a useful point to make then I make it. If you have a counter point or correction for what I said, then I am more than willing to consider it and if I believe I was wrong then I will gladly say so. For example I have already admitted to a point that I hadn't considered in one of my other replies in this thread. To be honest your hostile reaction is, frankly, unwarranted. I have re-read my post to see if I was rude and while I may have been frank, at no point was I disrespectful to you.

On the other hand, you have been very disrespectful in your reply. Let's take a look.

Find this response pretty shocking - mainly for its presumptions - based on ignorance, and then erroneous assumptions drawn from said presumptions.
(...)
Who the hell do you think they would rather be with - please. Grow some idea about international relations beyond the blinkered western perception.
(...)
what are you talking about ? Do you even know where this is ?
You then state that China hasn't said anything - WTF ?!!!!
(...)
Finally - you have a lot to learn about what is going on
(...)
A proxy war with China provides the US with the opportunity to absolve their debts to China - thats the whole point of doing it - DER!!

So, to summarize, you have called me ignorant, presumptuous, naive, and if I can extrapolate from your use of "DER," oblivious or perhaps stupid. Also, "clearly limited" in my understanding was in there too.

Add to this the fact that you clearly overlooked the subject of my reply in regards to the Gulf of Mexico, as another poster has pointed out. But you were quite eager to take this and run with it, anyway:

China has no allies in the area. What do you think North Korea is. WOW

... Not in the Gulf of Mexico. Anyway you seem to understand what I was referring to now. Thanks for that biting sarcasm, by the way.

Anyway I'm not interested in turning this thread into an insult-a-thon with you. This is probably the only response I'll bother to make in regard to the rude things you said. Now I'm going to go back to discussing this subject in a civil manner, and re-read your replies. If I ignore the vicious attitude you used then I'm pretty sure I'll find some good points you made.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

He/she was talking about "if China did the same in the Gulf of Mexico"

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Almost all of Europe is reliant on Russia for natural gas - remove that and half the continent will freeze to death over winter. Big trouble - whats your point?

Russia depends on that income ... the same winter would be just as bad for them.

Of course they could fuel China instead, but Russia gains nothing in making China stronger. They prefer the quiet game of letting everyone else fight it out. It's very smart actually.

The point is, NK is strategically unimportant. It's a ruse. And conflict there has the potential to make the global stage very bloody, very quickly.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Because he said that China didn't have TRADE ROUTES OR ALLIES IN CENTRAL AMERICA... not Asia...

Good post anyway.

The Chinese effectively bought the canal through their private finance arm via a Hong Kong based front groups - one of the first things they did when they received Hong Kong back from the British.

I think you are being a bit dramatic and liberal in your assertions, to be fair. First, the company that owns the controlling stake in the canal was formerly a British company, but is now a Hong Kong-listed public company. It is not a Chinese 'private finance arm' as you put it.

They operate in 55 countries or so and focus on ports. Hey, even you could buy a controlling stake in this company if you wanted...then we could say 'Aristophrenia is trying to take over the world'.

Second, your prior assertion the most Asian countries despise the US simply isn't true in my experience. Quite the opposite. There may be a dislike among some people over policies and politics, but there isn't a broad-based hate which could be categorized to the level of "despise". I've found most Vietnamese, Filippinos, other Southeast asians and even Chinese in fact to think highly of the US over many aspects.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Being a non us citizen, i don't know much about the numbers in this exercise.
Only seen a picture of a carrier posted in the news reports - what other types of armament is stationed for this drill?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
When i read the news. I read that North Korea is going to retaliate with the biggest nuclear deterrence exercise the US and SK have ever seen.

The army and people of the DPRK will legitimately counter with their powerful nuclear deterrence the largest-ever nuclear war exercises to be staged by the U.S. and the south Korean puppet forces.
www.kcna.co.jp...

I dont know how the media can interpret a exercise as a attack. Its more like NK will have a exercise on their own.

PS. That would make more sense to.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
BARKING DOGS DO NOT BITE, SILENT DOGS BITE, COUNTRY NAME C***A, THEN IRAN pig country, its the b****** country will bark and bite, togather they have great links in india via medhi bhai the funder here then naxal mafia guys and hizbulla sleeper cell here.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
manufactured war, who will benefit from this war ?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloudbreak

Good post anyway.

I think you are being a bit dramatic and liberal in your assertions, to be fair. First, the company that owns the controlling stake in the canal was formerly a British company, but is now a Hong Kong-listed public company. It is not a Chinese 'private finance arm' as you put it.

They operate in 55 countries or so and focus on ports. Hey, even you could buy a controlling stake in this company if you wanted...then we could say 'Aristophrenia is trying to take over the world'.

Second, your prior assertion the most Asian countries despise the US simply isn't true in my experience. Quite the opposite. There may be a dislike among some people over policies and politics, but there isn't a broad-based hate which could be categorized to the level of "despise". I've found most Vietnamese, Filippinos, other Southeast asians and even Chinese in fact to think highly of the US over many aspects.

10% of the company which owns the ports is directly owned by China resources - a state controlled organisation - secondly Whampoa is in partnership with the China Ocean Shipping Company - an arm of the People Liberation Army - soooooo pretty clear that the Chinese GOVERNMENT has a direct influence in the project - they carry upto 25% of Chinese military on protection vessels. .....HMMMM. Either way - it is very, very clear that the Chinese have a significant interest in the Panama canal - an issue which has been causing great consternation in the US - and would be cuase for concern should the US be involved in a confrontation with the Chinese via north Korea - GET IT ?

Secondly - I live in Asia - have been all over the place and im so happy the people tell you they like Americans - they don't. The Japanese had 2 nukes dropped on them - you really think they like America - come on. Who cares what the people say - seriously - i would tell an American I like America - most of the time they are not sophisticated enough to deal with the truth - its better and easier.

Indonesia is a hot bed of anti American-ism - the US support of dictatorial regimes has led to wide, broad and deep hatred. Vietnam doesn't ring too many bells ? How short your memories are. Seriously. you think you can just massacre countries - destroy them to within an inch of their life and then when they tell you they think you are great you believe it ? My god - thats just out there. You have invaded, bombed, maimed and utterly destroyed almost a dozen countries in Asia - you have been the number one cause of untold suffering through direct installment and support of the most horrendous despots in the region of whom many countries are now only just recovering - Asians are deeply, deeply pissed with America. I have studied China for almost 25 years - I can assure you they are a country who bides their time - they are long term thinkers - and they are still VERY VERY pissed at the resource / tea wars which crippled China almost 150 years ago. I am STUNNED that you think Asian countries LIKE America - they do not. I live in Asia.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by aspx

we will benefit from a manufactured war. wars get us out of a depression like the one we are in.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by aspx
manufactured war, who will benefit from this war ?

Have already pointed this out but it needs to be well understood - the US has seen China as the NUMBER ONE THREAT for almost two decades- this position was clearly and unequivocally spelled out by Dick Cheney during both his tenure under both Bush Administrations. Its should be as obvious as the nose on peoples faces.

The position the US is taking is of course two fold - using their currency position to use debt financing of their economy - this profoundly weakens china - but they were prepared to wear it.

The US now faces possibly the worst financial position of any nation - massive debt and a decimated infrastructure and manufacturing sector. In order for the US to revive they need to thwart China as an exporter to stop the massive trade imbalance and cripple their own economy. War via N Korea would mean isolating China from the western world - limiting their export potential and drive manufacturing to new emerging nations (which the US can control) and back to America to revive their middle class.

The Chinese will benefit as they have massive global backing as a stalwart to US imperialism - something which has caused almost global hatred of the US - despised on a scale unimaginable to most Americans. The Chinese are welcomed in almost all emerging economies and especially in poor resource nations. China is also welcomed as they have a policy of NOT meddling in internal affairs of nations - while the US has the exact opposite historical record.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   

dude, if anything
they tolerate us and in my experience, they don't want anything else but westeren anything.

food, goods, boyfriends/girlfriends, etc.
i live here too.

the regular joe don't give a crap just like the west.

they want to make money and live nice, lol. really

[edit on 24-7-2010 by fooks]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by crash override
reply to post by aspx

we will benefit from a manufactured war. wars get us out of a depression like the one we are in.

Actually they don't. What wars do is cause a massive massive transfer of wealth from the poor and middle class to the rich - thats what it is all about.

The Iraq war has cost the US 3 TRILLION dollars - financed only by taxation (bonds - which will have to be paid through tax) - this money has then been spent on massive armament companies, suppliers, private logistics etc. The Iraq and Afghanistan wars were the first almost fully privatized wars - (this is only true to a point as all wars used to be made up almost exclusively privateers and mercenaries).

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

China have BIG patience... they wait with their billions army strong men
to strike a FINISH-HIM with the help of Russia...
the war the USA wanted(insanely suicidal) with Iran and NK
to go play like this on other empire backyard
like you said imagine if they put a major air/sea military drill in the gulf of mexico ... that would be TOTALY UNACCEPTED
the world is up side down today because the USA made foreign politics with dominance and arrogance it has adopted since WW2

this will be the final mistake of the us government
china wants new ground for his people... "the promise land of china"
they are extremely tight .. if they dont do something.. its national security will be at risk for futur generation....
that have augmented the army budget very much recently...
the plan have been made ... they will not let slip by an occasion like this... an invasion is coming to the american continent
(it will make a change usa have invaded so many country)
rightly what it diserve :S

i live in Canada .. if somebody invade the usa ... it will certainly come in the north to control the entire north america... (mexico will not be invaded...do that surprise anyone ?
)

WE HAVE TO THINK 2 STEPS AHEAD
to see the bigger pictures

[edit on 7/24/2010 by Ben81]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

dude, if anything
they tolerate us and in my experience, they don't want anything else but westeren anything.

food, goods, boyfriends/girlfriends, etc.

What ?

Think and believe what you like - if you think global politics is about girlfriends and food be my guest. But trust me - they significantly prefer EUROPEAN goods fashion goods, Asian electrical, and no one wants American food.

Why is it that you cant understand -- the world really, really, really, really, hate America. Seriously on a level off the scale.

Go into any bookstore - any bookstore - go into cultural studies and pick up a book - you will be shocked.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
This might interest some people. Unmanned Aircraft comes down off Japan carrying Nuclear Material.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
i'll met you in wan chi dude,

next to the ferrari dealership, at the wanch? jaffe road?

my wife is chinese, ya, american food is not the most popular but french is and way too expensive, italian is regulated to pizza, taken over by the phillipinos and indians,

guangdong and shenzen is still chinese control.

err, nouveau riche' and all that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join