It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Phage
1) It is tropical storm Bonnie. It is not a hurricane.
2) It is not forecast to reach hurricane intensity.
3) At this time there is a predicted 10-20% chance that the area of the spill will experience 50 knot winds.
4) At this time there is a predicted 5-10% chance that the shoreline areas near the spill will experience 50 knot winds.
A transducer is a device which transmits and receives sound waves. It is used by depth finders. They often have a thermometer attached to them.
[edit on 7/22/2010 by Phage]
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
800 PM EDT WED JUL 21 2010
FOR THE NORTH ATLANTIC...CARIBBEAN SEA AND THE GULF OF MEXICO...
1. A TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE ASSOCIATED WITH A TROPICAL WAVE IS LOCATED NEAR THE SOUTHEASTERN BAHAMAS. THIS SYSTEM CONTINUES TO PRODUCE DISORGANIZED CLOUDINESS...SHOWERS...AND THUNDERSTORMS MAINLY TO THE EAST OF THE TROUGH. DATA FROM THE NOAA G-IV JET INDICATE THAT UPPER-LEVEL WINDS ARE NOT CONDUCIVE FOR DEVELOPMENT AT THIS TIME...ALTHOUGH THEY COULD BECOME MARGINALLY FAVORABLE IN A DAY OR TWO. LOCALLY HEAVY SHOWERS AND GUSTY WINDS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS DISTURBANCE WILL SPREAD OVER THE BAHAMAS...PORTIONS OF CUBA AND SOUTHERN FLORIDA DURING THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS AS THE SYSTEM MOVES WESTWARD OR WEST-NORTHWESTWARD AT 10 TO 15 MPH. THERE IS A MEDIUM CHANCE...40 PERCENT...OF THIS SYSTEM BECOMING A TROPICAL CYCLONE DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS.
TROPICAL DEPRESSION TWELVE FORECAST/ADVISORY NUMBER 1
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL122005
2100Z TUE AUG 23 2005
AT 5 PM EDT...2100Z...THE GOVERNMENT OF THE BAHAMAS HAS ISSUED A
TROPICAL WARNING STORM WARNING FOR THE CENTRAL AND NORTHWESTERN
A TROPICAL STORM OR HURRICANE WATCH MAY BE REQUIRED FOR PORTIONS OF
SOUTHERN FLORIDA LATER TONIGHT.
11 AM EDT WED AUG 24 2005
...DEPRESSION STRENGTHENS INTO TROPICAL STORM KATRINA OVER THE
...HURRICANE WATCH AND TROPICAL STORM WARNING ISSUED FOR FLORIDA...
11 AM EDT THU AUG 25 2005
...KATRINA GRADUALLY STRENGTHENING AS IT MOVES SLOWLY WESTWARD
ACROSS THE FLORIDA STRAITS TOWARD SOUTHEAST FLORIDA...
A HURRICANE WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR THE SOUTHEAST FLORIDA
COAST FROM VERO BEACH SOUTHWARD TO FLORIDA CITY...INCLUDING LAKE
OKEECHOBEE. A HURRICANE WARNING MEANS THAT HURRICANE CONDITIONS
ARE EXPECTED WITHIN THE WARNING AREA WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.