It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Fired For Calling Watermelon Obama Fruit

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Well he didn't have any coworkers willing to back him up so that says something. Would they be afraid of being fired? Nope. There's a thing called "no reprisals" for an employee that comes forward with info. Practically makes them invulnerable to action.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
reply to post by Hudson

Oh don't forget the white men can't jump. Beause if this is not considered a racist remark then Obama fruit damn sure isn't racist.

I totally agree. White people never when screaming and crying because somebody made a movie callled "White Men Can't Jump", but if a someone made a movie "Black Men Can't Swim" it would be the end of the world as we know it.

People can say really stupid stuff based on stereotypes and not be racist. For instance my 83 old mother thinks that black people do not own dogs because they are afraid of them from the slave days. LOL! So every time she sees a black person with a dog she always says "I didn't think they liked dogs, I always thought they were afraid of them, because they used to sick the dogs on em."

Now this woman, even though she believes stereotypes is not at all racist. For instance, my girlfriend fostered a little black baby, and my mother loved that kid to death and spoiled it rotten.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

At the time it was funny, because if you have a good sense of humor and a quick witted personality you toss up some funny one lners before you actually think about what you said. They call it a sense of humor. It looks like there may be something else to this story we do not know. If this is all that we have to go by then no this man should have been brought in and had a good talking to to let him know he was out of line with his comment but not fired.

Yeah, the first thing that I thought when I heard it was how funny and quick witted this guy seems. This has to be the funniest joke ever. I am going to enjoy some Obama Fruit. How so very clever. Har har har!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Nah, the guy probably isn't a racist, he just likes laughing at another races expense. Its like a guy making jokes about women, he gets a laugh and then goes home to his wife. Not everyone is so sensitive as to see the problem with such comments. I agree he should have been reprimanded, but fired is a bit much.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

The way the economy is going right now there are those who wouldn't do something that may cost them their jobs. People are scared if they lose their jobs would they be able to find another. Also the business is going to try and keep up a good opinion of themselves by not keeping an employee that has said by others a racist remark. Companies aren't going to take the chance and look bad by keeping someone that may have made these kinds of remarks. Its hard to keep customers if they think you are hiring racist into the company. He may be a racist, but one also has to take into consideration the company is going to try and keep a certain image about themselves wether or not he meant those to be a racist remark.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Harry Balsik

You have to watch whatever you say and who is around to hear it. Anything can be taken out of context and be considered a racist remark. That is like having a friend jack that flies in to see you and at the airport you say Hi jack. Someone else hears this and automatically they think its a hijacking. I know a bad comparison, but it is just something someone hears and misunderstands what is said.Being politically correct is great, but some people take it a little to far.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM
Well it did turn out he wasnt talking about race and was calling obama a melon head, thats why he got his job back.

Oh Melon Head? I get all these cute little emails from my Republican friends since the election. I get all kinds of cute little pictures. I am sure they are trying to call him a melon head but it is just coming across the wrong way?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/faca9c19a737.png[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/82e2683029c8.png[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/272ea2e15dc4.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f4b717425277.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9b5b4b26f757.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/44e706459985.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b6879540ef0b.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/067fb54ee30c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I cant see making fun of one man being racist, or is Obama considered a race now

Its like saying Im going to eat a Nancy Pelosii pop or a Rom Paul pudding am I being racist against Whitie

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by evil incarnate

LOL, now they will call you a racist for posting all those racist watermelon pictures.

Actually, if I were a watermelon or a bottle of Colt 45, I would cry Commie-ism for being associated with Obama.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Funny you should say that about Obama here is a little video that makes your comment on Obama even funnier. Some people would say this could be considered a racist remark where other will disagree.

www.youtube.com...

Funny how remarks can be taken out of context.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon

OK - this watermelon/black person thing is unknown to me .. what is the connection?

It must be an American thing - Ive never heard of it - seems kind of amusing when viewed from a perspective of complete ignorance - compare someone to a fruit and get fired? Lol's - I guess it must be something only Americans would understand.

Ever heard black people compared to eggplants? That is a nice little Italian slur we have for them in the states, not sure if it comes from Italy or not. We have beaners for Hispanics. I guess America loves its produce.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

Im going to eat a Nancy Pelosii pop

Thanks, you just made me vomit a little in my mouth.

Now maybe you are just being biased against anorexic people, with too much plastic surgery. Watch out the mind police will be coming for you.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I have spent my entire life in America and I have never heard black people compared to egg plants. What would the comparison be, do many of them like egg plants?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Boy I bet that Pelosi pop is one sour son of a gun. I wonder what flavors they would have.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Boy I bet that Pelosi pop is one sour son of a gun. I wonder what flavors they would have.

Probably Stank and Nasty. LOL!

I bet they are all dried up and you have to drink like a gallon of water after you are done.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Eggplant.

That is a new one on me never heard that before. You learn new things every day.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Nope just cold and bitter

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Now this is one that is really interesting or at least it is to me. In the states some people refer to homosexuals as many different things and fag is one of them. Now in the UK a fag is a cigarette so if a person from the UK were to ask a homosexual man for a cigarette and ask for a fag is that a derogatory or racist remark towards them. That has made me wonder for a long time.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillbilly4rent
I cant see making fun of one man being racist, or is Obama considered a race now

Its like saying Im going to eat a Nancy Pelosii pop or a Rom Paul pudding am I being racist against Whitie

Exactly! How can calling one black man the N-word be considered racist when you are just making fun of one man. You got it!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

From what they say she has to have on her personal plane Lush may be one of those flavors. I hear she has to have a lot of liquor in that plane.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join