It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Facebook Founders Charged With Death Penalty

page: 8
12
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready
 


This touches up on what I was trying to point out also. The only reason they seem so vile to us now is because our culture hit a point that allows society to rapidly evolve.

And despite our ability for that, we weren't that different just a few generations ago. The quicker we can understand those social mental differences, the quicker we can begin to learn how to relate our beliefs of toleration and equality to them so that they can naturally make the choice themselves.

When we force change, obviously it's violent. You're trying to make an Ostrich fly by dropping it out of a B-52.

It just isn't going to happen.

But if you can find the environmental factors (social) required for that Ostrich to naturally evolve quickly (adapt to fly) then the Ostrich (I love Islam, sorry my analogy sucks) will find the desire to fly and progress to the ability on it's on.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by mryanbrown]




posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth
 


What's your take on proportion and perspective? Will you be addressing this further, as to the numbers, or is that it?



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mryanbrown
 


Are you serious?
Where have YOU been for the past 9 years?
1.9/11,they flew those planes into the WTC.
Now,they want to build a mosque near the location
of their victory,so they can gloat over it!
2.I am not suggesting that they are animals,that is your
thought,not mine.Try looking into population growths
around the globe.Who are having more children?
3.Everything is about the oil...We have our own oil,
we're just not allowed to drill for it.We have coal,no go..
we have fuel sources to fall back on,the problem is they
are not allowed.If a meter can't be put on it and a fee
charged,it's not allowed.
4.Taking their land,that is true.



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by mike_trivisonno
 

Oh is that really all we need to stop? How about...

Stop demonizing Muslims
Stop colonizing their countries
Stop doing things like drawing their prophet to insult them
Stop falling for the propaganda about terrorists



But luci, people do the same thing to Christians.



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth
 

I think our global perspectives are far too different with too large a gap for us to be able to have a meaningful discussion here. Sorry.



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777
 

I guess so. Not like I was saying that was right either. I gave up.


[edit on 7/20/2010 by ~Lucidity]



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   


Hey, big JC would laugh.

I find it crazy that that we're bending to this intolerance...so I am going to start harbouring some of my own.



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by Stormdancer777
 

I guess so. I gave up.


It's ok Luci, we all have to look through one anothers eyes.



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NonKonphormist
reply to post by mamabeth
 


Is this supposed to be some sort of justification for bombing the crap out of thousands of innocent men, women and children?

I think you need help.


Since you are a newbie,I will let this insult slide.
Where did I ever say that that video was justification
for bombing children?



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by mryanbrown
 


Are you serious?
Where have YOU been for the past 9 years?
1.9/11,they flew those planes into the WTC.
Now,they want to build a mosque near the location
of their victory,so they can gloat over it!
2.I am not suggesting that they are animals,that is your
thought,not mine.Try looking into population growths
around the globe.Who are having more children?
3.Everything is about the oil...We have our own oil,
we're just not allowed to drill for it.We have coal,no go..
we have fuel sources to fall back on,the problem is they
are not allowed.If a meter can't be put on it and a fee
charged,it's not allowed.
4.Taking their land,that is true.



1. "They" suggesting "Them". e.g. "Muslims" i.e. racist stereotyping
EDIT: 1.1 Cultural center, not a Mosque.
EDIT: 1.2 How close is close? 5 blocks? 10? 15? 10 miles? Out of state? Out of the country?
2. You called them "breeders" I rest my case.
3. This is a stretch to the point at hand.
4. I know it is.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by mryanbrown]



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by stellify
 





I find it crazy that that we're bending to this intolerance...so I am going to start harbouring some of my own.


That's basically what's going on in the world.

Intolerance, I don't know how to stop it.



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity
 


I love you for what you just wrote.

I....love...you.



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Ya Im sure that'll stick,..
nearly every congressman and news anchor use facebook
hell,... Im sure the prez is on there..



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by KillenfizzenHumboflorator
reply to post by ~Lucidity
 


I love you for what you just wrote.

I....love...you.


You know love is a good place to start, but what profit a man if he only loves those who love him?

To love those that hate you is the test.

[edit on 023131p://bTuesday2010 by Stormdancer777]



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mryanbrown
 


I am a 55 year old grandmother and I don't have to
be politically correct.This pc trash is what is destroying
our world.I try to treat others the way that I would like
to be treated.



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

Originally posted by NonKonphormist
reply to post by mamabeth
 


Is this supposed to be some sort of justification for bombing the crap out of thousands of innocent men, women and children?

I think you need help.


Since you are a newbie,I will let this insult slide.
Where did I ever say that that video was justification
for bombing children?


First off, I'm sorry for saying I think you need help, it wasn't very mature of me to insult you like that.
Secondly ,If it wasn't meant to be some sort of justification the west's treatment of Islamic countries, then I don't understand why you posted it?
I also notice you never argued the point about bombing innocent men and women, only children.
Like someone else has already posted, we are too far apart on this subject to ever gain meaningfull debate, it will just end up messy.
Peace.



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777
 

I don't hate at all. So how's that work? Is that a cop out? I do try to see it through everyone's eyes, but I don't feel the fear. Gets me into all sorts of trouble it seems and labeled some interesting things. Seems like you are "supposed to" pick a side and stick to it no matter what. Judging things on an individual basis just doesn't seem to do the trick anymore. Dogpiling on to an imagined enemy to wage wars that appear holy in nature might be the ticket



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity
 


My global perspectives are right.The gap could be
related to age,lifestyle,upbringing...But,I'm right!



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by Stormdancer777
 

I don't hate at all. So how's that work? Is that a cop out? I do try to see it through everyone's eyes, but I don't feel the fear. Gets me into all sorts of trouble it seems and labeled some interesting things. Seems like you are "supposed to" pick a side and stick to it no matter what. Judging things on an individual basis just doesn't seem to do the trick anymore. Dogpiling on to an imagined enemy to wage wars that appear holy in nature might be the ticket


Nothing has changed since the beginning.

I ran out of words a long time ago.

We were given a road map to peace but rejected it.



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Christians dont run around shooting peoples or crash planes in mosqee
Christians dont run in rampage when someone ridicule religion


Islam admit openly paedophilia (exemple : aisha the whife prophet was only 9 or 12)

Islam actually kill more peoples everydays than car accidents, alcohol, cigarettes etc etc etc...

Islam actualy claim proudly to whoever wanna her them, they want to force islam and invade non muslims countries

Islam refused the right to go to school for womens
Islam frenquently kill good willing christians preachers who come to help population in third world countries

Islam is a plague

choose your side


If a Christian crashed a plane in a buildin in Saudi arabia, i think most of you guys would suddenly realise how hypocrite you are, you, the muslim defenders

Islam declare war and crash some planes in the US= " oh but they're peace religion"

What would be your reaction if the opposite happen ?



[edit on 20-7-2010 by OTTOKARMA]




top topics



 
12
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join