It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Founders Charged With Death Penalty

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by habfan1968

It's a terroristic threat here in America too. But the people who uttered it aren't here, are they?

And the people posting cartoons and insulting this false prophet/pedophile are not in a muslim country so what right do they have in issuing any for of punishment in the first place?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

It's just like your neighbour who is an atheist and had said you are a religious moron. Now what are you gonna do about it? One thing for sure, that neighbouliness and good will is gone as you either defend or ignore or forgive his continued diatribes.

I am sure you aint gonna invite him for 4th july BBQ parties amongst your friends and families with his kinda reclaritant attitude.

Your neighbour share the same neighbourhood. Extrapoliate that to the world, we too are sharing the same neighboorhood only on a larger scale. No one has gotten off this planet on an easy ticket, at least not yet...

So, are these battles, starting of fires, retaliations and hatred on BOTH sides worth it?

We each could have so much to offer with our differences, so much knowledge to share (not impose) and learn from each other, yet we chosed for ignorace and abhorrance amongst our own species.

Worst still is how much of that hate was forced upon sheeps by others with domination agendas to achieve.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Again, did you even read the article or trace the source of this "news?" And again, again, how is responding to what you deem or believe to be a ridiculous belief in a childish way any better or any different than the ridiculous belief in the first place? Who's playing and playing into this mind game and why?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
A person should be able to draw a pic of anyone/anything they have a mind to. This reminds me of that ridiculousness awhile back concerning a white chocolate Jesus that was up for an exhibit...so??? Our freedom of speech doesnt stop at any borders or imaginary line. The problem doesnt lie with the artists, it lies with the fanatics. They can get over it just like the Christians and any other religion do.
Personally, I think religion itself has been used for evil. Religion itself has been primarily used kill torture and control the masses, the Muslim community isnt very different from any other. Theyre just a bit behind in the times.
There are good and faithful followers of God who practice what they believe. I've found that they are few and far between. They judge others sexuality, they gossip, speak poorly of and condemn others for not following 'The Word'.
The God worshiped in organized religion is jealous and spiteful, hateful and vindictive. A perfect God would not have these negative characteristics. My God is a loving one who doesnt inflict pain and torture. My god is accepting and loving and embraces us with open arms. To be anything less would mean He is imperfect, which He/She is not.
A local church, a very large local church had a sit-in not long ago. They prayed against 'the gays'. All of that energy focused on negativity. How about praying and using that energy for the goodness of us all? I'm not saying it's just the Christian religion so dont freak, there are a lot of them.
One thing I dont understand is that we're all striving for the same thing in the end, to join or be one with the Creator, the Whole. So why the nonsense? Why the death and hate for others? Our goals are all the same.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
When I see things like this, it just makes me believe that Islam is stupid.

Muslims call for the death penalty far to often. Someone said something that could possibly have been construed as an insult to Islam so lets kill them.

You say Islam is to violent. Apologize or I kill you.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jpvskyfreak

to be truthful , this seems like propaganda against islam and pakistan , considering that pakistan was targeted by the committee of 300 for a zero growth plan

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Demetre

See, I believe it's more about respect than freedom of speech or expression. But that's too fine a line to tread, never mind explain to some.

Sure, I'm free to make fun of someone's religion or beliefs, but why would I? What does that really accomplish other than bad feelings and an escalation of hate? Does it really matter who does what first?

Sure they shouldn't take it so seriously, but they do. Does responding in kind or emotionally or with anger work better than simply taking the respectful path and either staying silent (especially when you don't know something for sure) or pointing out the harm and benefits of doing otherwise to both sides calmly and rationally?

Are we mentally immature people lead by our emotions or junkies turned on by exercising rights in a way that makes us believe we're making some sort of "statement" by reacting in kind or to (lets face it) provoke? I guess I just don't get it.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Demetre
A person should be able to draw a pic of anyone/anything they have a mind to. This reminds me of that ridiculousness awhile back concerning a white chocolate Jesus that was up for an exhibit...so??? Our freedom of speech doesnt stop at any borders or imaginary line. The problem doesnt lie with the artists, it lies with the fanatics. They can get over it just like the Christians and any other religion do.

For those who practices True Freedom, they understand that for such powers come with a responsibility to others.

How can one claim to be free when his own freedom actually enchains another? For example, I should be free to pee anyway I like, afterall, it's freedom, without ANY restrictions whatsover, to any law, any moral ethic, any guide, any code, any social norm.

What actually happens? I forced someone else everday to encounter and forced to smell my pee!

I apologise for that crude example, but it is something I would like even youngster to comprehend. Powers come with responsiblity to others sharing our world and Freedom is a power itself.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I demonize things which have "demonic characteristics". What do demons do? Possess people. What happens when you "posess" someone? You control them. What do Muslim men do to their women? Control them. What do Muslim leaders do to their people? Control them. To be fair, what do the rest of the people in the world who have power do? Control people. Resisting authority isn`t all about listening to punk rock music & drinkin beers while you break out store front windows... Resisting authority is natural. Our only authority should be ourselves, & our Creator. All these mullahs, priests, rabbi`s, presidents, etc. want you to believe they are chosen fairly for the job, some by the people, some by God Himself. This is not true. In all religions, it is possible to attain a wonderfully strong relationship with your creator without the guidance of another person. In fact, outside disturbances may taint your relationship with your Creator. Think about it, do you let other people get in the middle of your relationship with your wife? No, so why let others interfere with a relationship with the creator? SO, sorry but I will continue to demonize any institution which grants one human being full authority over another. Organized religion, public schools, the prison system. The only place I draw the line is the family institution because a child must respect his family elders except in certain cases.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

link   
reply to post by Demetre

A person should be able to draw a pic of anyone/anything they have a mind to.

Indeed................but when it's intend is to insult then shouldn't we question the responsible usage of this freedom by said person??

Peace

Oh PS: I agree with you ~Lucidity.

link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

From the Huffington Post:

theregister.co.uk:

Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg is being investigated by Pakistani police under a section of the penal code that makes blasphemy against Muhammad punishable by death.

Read the whole story: theregister.co.uk

Gotta love Islam, right? You know...because we all demonize it for no reason...
Just sayin...

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Piper96]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Again, did you even read the article or trace the source of this "news?" And again, again, how is responding to what you deem or believe to be a ridiculous belief in a childish way any better or any different than the ridiculous belief in the first place? Who's playing and playing into this mind game and why?

I'm gonna answer that one, and insert myself back into this discussion.

The difference is that I am not claiming to be morally superior or forcing my views on anybody else. Of course I believe my views, or my "paradigm" on life is the only correct version, but I won't kill you to convince you.

Sure, some Muslim people are very nice and sweet and docile, but when their leaders are calling for death to infidels, and I happen to be an infidel, then it makes me trust these nice, sweet, muslims at my dinner table a lot less! (That sentence refers to a real conversation from about 1 week ago, and a newly converted young Muslim that came to dinner as a date with a friend of mine. He seemed nice, but I don't trust radical young people that convert to Islam while in college.)

So, as long as nobody is calling for my death, then they can believe whatever they want. I won't call for their death either. But as soon as an Iman, or tribal leader, or Ahminijad (sp?) calls for Death to Infidels, then their religion interferes with my safety, and I like to act proactively instead of reactively. IMHO A proactive approach to a direct threat is a direct preemptive strike.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
When I see things like this, it just makes me believe that Islam is stupid.

Muslims call for the death penalty far to often. Someone said something that could possibly have been construed as an insult to Islam so lets kill them.

You say Islam is to violent. Apologize or I kill you.

So qouting you, when SOMEONE said its an insult, lets kill them and then the artist gets killed????

See your own ignorance or intentional wilfulness on the hatred of the Muslim community? You mean they are barbarians, without laws like your ancestors who lived in caves and foress once were?

See how much hatred and ignorance had blinded your own rationality?

It's your freedom of speech as well as theirs in retaliation to yours. Either you respect freedom of speech including others or not at all. It's nothing more than some squabble akin to a stupid schoolyard brawl, but the danger lays in it being used by radicals to work on sheeps to fulfil hate agendas.

Do you see my point on where we are headed to if we continue tit for tat? Is it worth it, brothers against brothers?

[edit on 20-7-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Backing into a corner, that is what it is called.

You have remarks to make, clearly on one (far) side of the spectrum, but when faced with truths, such as the fact that children have been expelled from school for praying aloud, you decide that you will tell me that I wasn't careful to word my sentences correctly, when in fact, you didn't comprehend what I did write.

If you think that women, if given the CHOICE, would want to live under Sharia Law rather than the freedoms of the western world, I can't help you.

Check this out though, google beheading.....

Let me know how many Christian-made videos you find, with Christians cutting the heads off of Muslims who have their hands and feet tied.

There are plenty of videos around that show Christians being beheaded and the Muslims doing the killing are reading from the holy Koran.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

reply to post by mike_trivisonno

Oh is that really all we need to stop? How about...

Stop demonizing Muslims [I agree]
Stop colonizing their countries [I agree again]
Stop doing things like drawing their prophet to insult them [Disagree]
Stop falling for the propaganda about terrorists [Agreed]

If people want to draw stuff, so what? We have the freedom of speech and if people want to express themselves by drawing a religious figure, why not? That is what the Muslims don't seem to understand.

All Nazi symbolism, pictures and art are banned in Germany, yet in America we're able to display everything. Do you see the Germans trying to attack us?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jimbowsk

This entire planet would be a lot better if only one thing would stop. Religion.

It's getting out of control and unless some major world-changing event happens to take the emphasis off religion, this madness is only going to get worse.

Just my 2 pennies worth of course

i second that

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

So I guess we should kill anyone that insults Jesus then.
I guarantee that 90% of people would be dead if this was a law that was practiced everywhere... Disrespect of religion happens, and yes, it insults people...but it's not something that people should be killed for.
Here in the U.S. we have freedom of speech and freedom of religion. The reason for this is because not everyone agrees with a given religion or belief system.
I mean, people can also be insulted by being called names or talked about behind their backs.
Don't listen...Don't look at whatever insults you. Ignore it...don't kill over it.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Piper96

You may not want to kill others, blessed be you, but unfortunately there are others, radicals and TPTB who will use such excuses on the ignorant sheeps to perpertrate murders and culling for domination.

Why give them such excuses? Why light such fires? Why misuse such freedom - freedom to ridicule in any form as well as another's freedom the to retaliate equally in any form when we humanity are capable of so much better?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Oh...and all the founders of facebook did was allow the page to be created. They didn't do any of the drawings or make any of the statements on the page...so basically they are just guilty by association.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

The bottom line is, insults happen. Muslims insult Christians too...why don't they stop lighting the flame on their side.
I mean, it's ridiculous to think that all of this is going to stop AND it's hypocritical to say the least.
I'd like to think that humanity worked that way, but it doesn't and so, like I said, insults are going to happen-BOTH WAYS- but no one should be killed over it.

And this is not just radicals... look up the Qu'ran. I believe the wording for this is "death for crimes against the community" when it's translated to english.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join