It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Founders Charged With Death Penalty

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I will draw what ever I want to draw, Ok it's a sin for a Muslim to do it but I am not a Muslim so therefor I dont care. I am an artist in the United States not some sheperd in the hills of Afghanistan. They offend me by all the senseless violence, ill treatment of women and children and how much they supress there people. Does that give me the right to kill them? Ofcourse not, maybe if these stoneage barbarians acted like they want everyone else to treat them maybe people would say "Hey these Muslims arent so bad" But no there hypocritical fools and they deserve every bit of "strife" they are so adament of crying about.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
HAHAHAHA what a bunch of garbage, what kind of hateful man would spew such crap and expect to be taken seriously? If this man was a true Muslim in the 21st century he would realize attempting to legally kill 3 men in the name of Islam is adverse to his cause and that thereof of the modern Islamic state. What does it prove if they could do that people will always have something against something, someone, blah blah blah if people could commit heinous crimes and go to prison and convert to Islam and get out and be welcomed with open arms why does one have to seek blood over petty things, instead of murdering people legally maybe they should use their resources to expose the true nature of Islam since obviously some people are confused
maybe it has something to do with one of them being Jewish who knows but what a bunch of crap.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by epitaph.one

Yeah. Not so nice.

Kinda made me think of the "Jesus Camp" video, where the head looney woman seems so sad that the Muslim children are being taught to fight and die for their religion, and she wants Christians to do the same.

Lets just not forget that "crazy" comes in all colors, faiths, and nations.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno

There are no terrorists. There are muslims engaged in jihad against non-muslims in an effort to spread Islam. They have been doing it for 1,400 years.

Agreed.

Another important point most people overlook.

Jihad PREDATES the Crusades by 400 years.

That is why the Roman Catholic Church called for the Crusades , to take the land back from Islam who took it from them.

Here we go.

Ownership of Jerusalem.

Let's start with Rome shall we?

Rome
Byzantium (The Eastern offshoot of Rome)
The Sassanids (Persians/Parthians)
Byzantium again
Islam (Rashidun Caliphate)
Then back to Rome (Christianity - Pope Urban II)

Did you know this?

Disagreed.

Another important point that most people overlook:

History predates the Romans by X000s of years.

I'm pretty sure even the Israelis (who love their anti-muslim/anti-Arab propaganda) would disagree that the Romans were the original/rightful occupiers of Jerusalem. And the original books of the bible even admit that the Israelites had to take that land from OTHERS who already lived there and had an even greater historical claim to the land (although of course God fixed that right up by telling the Israelites that this was ok because it was their "promised land").

You've seriously got to be kidding about your defense of the crusades!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jimbowsk

This entire planet would be a lot better if only one thing would stop. Religion.

It's getting out of control and unless some major world-changing event happens to take the emphasis off religion, this madness is only going to get worse.

Just my 2 pennies worth of course

No one will EVER see it this way because they only care about themselves (ie: the comfort zone that religion creates) and NOT the welfare of the world and its future.

Damn this crap just pisses me off.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Someone mistranslated it. From what I heard and since I know pashto and the local lango in pakistani. He said that the company itself needs to die not like killing it meaning it should be abolished. In the realms of Pakistan border meaning a permanent block.
Pakistan and muslim countries follow old islamic laws which were back in the days very old laws. The law they broke or someone on facebook broke was depicting the prophet Muhammad.

This article made me laugh.... I would love to see how they reacted when they saw this in the morning news paper....LOL!!!!

Seeing the founders of facebooks first reaction and putting on youtube would be epic.

Looks like they be the youngest richest people yet but the youngest to get a death sentence in American history as Americans in a another country...lol

I can make more jokes that would take up the whole day but best to save money by not spending too much time on this.

Trust me nothing will happen. No other country can call out a citizen living in another country to come there and get killed cuz you violated out laws.

I call this the true justtice system because it's just us haha....lol

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
ludicrous and hilarious at the same time,

However religion is not a problem as some have said. When religions first started it was to help humans understand all the things around them and to give them a reason to truely develop as a species into civilization.

It is only relatively 'modern' religions that have began causing problems within the human civilization, resulting in immense violence, hatred & wars.

Anyway this article shows the ludicrous way some seemingly civilized (but truely undeveloped, barbaric, fanatical, racist) countries & people view the world. To even believe in this modern age, that 3 people can be held accountable for ORIGINAL content created by another person/people that was shared on a FREE & OPEN forum of communication and then be prosecuted for it, is just the most backward & moronic thing.

Good luck for the Islamists trying to persue their secret agenda when 'people' like this show the world what the Islamists are really like.

And a side point to other posts in this thread;
no one claimed islamists were the only terrorists in the world etc.
Its just that all the islamists are the only terrorists who directly threaten those people due to their constant admissions of their hatred of the 'west' and 'western culture' and 'westerners'.

THAT is why people are normally referring to Islamists when they talk of terrorists & terrorism (unless a different form of terrorist, such as the I.R.A are directly threatening/affecting them)

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FearNoEvil

I think were starting to get a lot better picture of the groups that did the beheadings then-

what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'?-John10.36

And so I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. 32Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.-Matt12.31

But what does the Scripture say? "Get rid of the slave woman and her son, for the slave woman's son will never share in the inheritance with the free woman's son."-Gal4.30

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AmmonSeth

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress-James1.27

Their bodies will lie in the street of the great city, which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified.-Rev11.8

And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony for Jesus and because of the word of God.-Rev20.4

it is not the natural children who are God's children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham's offspring.-Rom9.8

and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin-Heb9.28

You will see it with your own eyes and say, 'Great is the LORD -even beyond the borders of Israel!'-Mal1.15

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Okay, I have to clarify something, even if it's for my benefit only. I dont hate on anyone. I dont judge anyone for their life choices but I'm not devoid of a sense of humor either. It's their right to live as they see fit. I think I've actually gone above and beyond what most ppl would do concerning this situation. I've made friends with a family in Beirut just to understand this mess. I'm learning Arabic even tho theyre fluent in English and French. I dont see what the 'hoopla' is all about, honest. I'm not offended by those who choose to tell me I'm burning in hell for living without Jesus in my life, and they arent even joking. There's an annual 'Faire Fest' that I absolutely adore. Every year a particular church pickets the affair. They call names, they block the entrance and are down right hateful. I particularly liked their reaction when I asked them to join our orgy and sacrificial baby burning. It was funny. Why? Because it was ridiculous just like the nonsense over the cartoons. My point being that it doesnt matter what u do somebodys always going to be pissed. Then again, it all revolves around religion.......
Kim

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by computerwiz32

There you go. And yet...here we have all sorts of diving into the deep end.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by daniyalw

Facebook Founders Charged With Death Penalty

SOURCE

Angered by the perceived blasphemy of the Prophet Mohammad, a Pakistani lawyer named Muhammad Azhar Sidiqque has petitioned the nation’s highest court to charge the three founders of Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, Dustin Moskovitz and Chris Hughes with the death penalty.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod edit: Fixed links.

[edit on 7/20/2010 by AshleyD]

That reminds me I forgot to post my drawing of mohammad playing poker with christ, budha and christ's brother, craig

[edit on 20-7-2010 by jfj123]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

The old stand by "mistranslation" bit eh? Thought you would be better than that Lucidity.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
i hate facebook.

honestly

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

Oh is that really all we need to stop? How about...

Stop demonizing Muslims
Stop colonizing their countries
Stop doing things like drawing their prophet to insult them
Stop falling for the propaganda about terrorists

I'll draw whatever I ****** well want. You and all those religious nuts out there just try and stop me. You want something I would go to war over? Well there it is. I shouldn't have to fear for my life because I want to draw something. How ridiculously backwards and ignorant is that?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

Oh is that really all we need to stop? How about...

Stop demonizing Muslims
Stop colonizing their countries
Stop doing things like drawing their prophet to insult them
Stop falling for the propaganda about terrorists

I'll draw whatever I ****** well want. You and all those religious nuts out there just try and stop me. You want something I would go to war over? Well there it is. I shouldn't have to fear for my life because I want to draw something. How ridiculously backwards and ignorant is that?

WOW !!!
This post just ROCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I couldn't agree more !!!!!!!!!!!!
I also refuse to comply with a religion I do not belong to.
I'll draw what I want, when I want and what I want.
Anybody that doesn't like it, doesn't have to look at it.
KMA to anyone who would try to stop me

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrancoUn-American
I will draw what ever I want to draw, Ok it's a sin for a Muslim to do it but I am not a Muslim so therefor I dont care. I am an artist in the United States not some sheperd in the hills of Afghanistan. They offend me by all the senseless violence, ill treatment of women and children and how much they supress there people. Does that give me the right to kill them?

I'm also offended by the way Muslims treat women, but I can't do anything about it. Likewise they may be offended by what I draw but they can't do anything about it.

The fact that they want to try and issue fatwahs to kill people that draw pictures they don't like is the reason I have a hard time thinking about Islam as "just another religion", every time I try to do so, I am reminded by cases like this, that it's not.

Remember the time they threatened to kill the pope for mentioning a book about Islam that suggested Muslims could be violent? That was the ultimate irony. If it weren't so sad it would be funny.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I don't know how involved the founders of Facebook were in the whole "post a picture of Mohammad day" junk, but obviously this won't hold any weight.

I'm still ashamed I haven't deleted my FB account though. What a juvenile, classless, careless, insulting, degrading piece of crap thing to do. Bunch of smug bleeps were involved in that crap if you ask me.

It's almost like saying "Look we have freedom of speech, now watch how big of buttholes we can legally be!"

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

WoW..... Muslims don't mind what you draw as long it's not offensive to their religion.

Drawing a picture of Muhammad is like drawing your own god and making him look drawn in Detroit in the slums having sex. It's like being gracefulness to the religion. It's biggest F U you can do to a religion and yet you don't want them to be pissed about it?

Draw at your own risk. Like I said no one is stopping you from drawing whatever you want to draw. There is just consequences on what your do draw.

Most people around the world now knows that drawing a picture of Muhammad is a Big No No in Islam. Now after the Denmark incident now there is another problem again doing the same thing on face book. This shows that they are deliberately attacking the religion itself.

You can draw whatever you want do what ever you want but there is consequences don't be pissed or surprised of you offend anyone that they will try and kill you or beat you up because you do deserve it cause your asking for it.

If I drew anything I would avoid drawing offensive material cuz you never know who you will be pissed off.

Yet you think the U.S has freedom and you think you have rights in the U.S. Keep dreaming the only people that have rights in America are the rich class.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I think the laws specifically state that wherever the information is written is the law that controls all of it. I was on the Senate site today and see they are absolutely making sure that these foreign countries cannot hold anyone liable for freedom of speech issues. It would have to defame a person and be known untruths.

Unless what they are writing is harming the person they are writing about (Allah or God included) and can be proven without a doubt to be untrue then there is no way this threat to Facebook owners can happen.

I honestly question one part of this and that is why on earth certain religious people have not accepted the fact that all religions have been questioned at this point of time, it is 2010 now. Why is it so hard for certain people to understand that each and every belief has been mocked, questioned, challenged, etc.? They need to accept that without violent thoughts and move on and the others need to simply respect others beliefs and try to not torment knowing the effect it has.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join