It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Founders Charged With Death Penalty

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

Not only are they just trying to bring up charges against them, but they are trying to get the U.N. to extradite them to Pakistan to be tried. That way, if they do find them guilty, they can actually carry out the sentence.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mryanbrown

Good sentiments, except the Muslim religion is moving backwards. Muslims have always been moderate and forgiving. Even when Christians were out Crusading, Muslims were placing laws protecting other religions from persecution.

When Muslims took over Spain for centuries they outlawed the persecution of other religions, but once they lost their stronghold on the government, they were driven out by violent opposition.

Muslims USED TO have it right! I am actually a fan of their religion, but modern day Muslims, especially those in powerful positions, have bastardized it and used it as a pulpit gain world power and enslave their own people and countries. Modern day Muslims are in a period of anti-evolution!

Just my opinion. I don't buy the whole idea that Westerners had a "headstart" on the world. Quite the opposite actually. Westerners, mainly the US, has only been around for a few hundred years, and in that time it has changed the entire world for the better. We proved that Democracy can work, we proved that tolerance and human rights can work. We sacrificed many of our lives defending strangers from tyranny and oppression. We made mistakes, but we corrected them very quickly instead of taking hundreds or thousands of years to learn from them. IMHO westerners are a young beacon to the world on how to live a better, more peaceful life among your neighbors. Much of what we learned probably came from Muslim influences, and it is a shame to now see the Muslims tarnishing their own religion with all of this jihad stuff.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Piper96

They can try all day. The U.N. won't extradite a person for murder charges, when there is no victim of murder.

They're little kids learning to play with Sovereign governmental power in a global system. Let them play and be made fools on their own.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Theres always somebody who will be offended by any number of things. Many ppl make comments or jokes about a number of things, does that mean everything one says is wrong? Ppl have a choice, You cant' 'make' anyone mad. They have the right to disagree but I'm offended that they have the nerve to disagree with my freedom of expression but I dont want them murdered over it. Pissing in public? Thats dirty and unsanitary, not to mention it spreads disease. I see a big difference in the 2.

Kim

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Piper96

I read everything I could find on it, starting with the link in the OP. None of this is a done deal. The words in most of the blogs and articles and opinions are saying things that are contrary to what is actually happening, even making it sound like it's already happened.

Words like "seeks," "has filed," "is considering," and "is attempting" are turning into a done deal. As usual, bloggers and pundits and even some staff "writers" have taken a kernel of a possibility and blown it all out of proportion with their sensationalistic headlines, opinions, and/or carefully chosen inciteful words to get everyone into an emotional turmoil. Happens everyday.

Me? I'm going to wait and see what happens in the courts.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

Please, let me clarify my previous statements.

I do not defend Islam in any way shape or form, and neither do I defend any other religion. I detest all barbaric religions and religious pratices.

I mearly find it a bit hypocritical that when an Islamic state does something that the west dislikes then everyone kicks off, but hardly anyone in the west seems overly bothered about what the west does to them.

Personally, I think anyone should be able to draw cartoons of anyone they want to, without fear of reprisals, but then, why would anyone want to draw a cartoon of Mohammad if not to upset other people?
I personally have never felt the desire to do this, and If I were to do it, it would only be to get a reaction, whether it's right or wrong, they got the reaction they were looking for.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

IMHO it's unfathomable that they are petitioning the courts about this at all. The fact that it's even a possibility is absurd.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
If religious retards want to kill each other in their own country, that's their business. No skin off my nose.

What happens elsewhere is none of their business.

I come from a people who are matriarchal. It offends me that Muslims are patriarchal idiots who oppress women. Therefore, to relieve my sense of offense, I hereby condemn them all to death unless they adopt my practices and stop oppressing women.

By what right do I do this?

Why, the same right as they claim: their behavior pisses me off.

Idiots.

What is it about the Abrahamaic "faiths" that produces such a wealth of idiots?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

Oh is that really all we need to stop? How about...

Stop demonizing Muslims
Stop colonizing their countries
Stop doing things like drawing their prophet to insult them
Stop falling for the propaganda about terrorists

1.Muslims demonize themselves.

Oh really? And when did this actually start? This is your opinion, and maybe you've missed the news the past 9 years or so or might have some trouble putting yourself in their shoes.

2.How about we start with the U.S. and give the land
back to the native americans.

Yes, how about that? Same national mentality still at work?

3.How about growing a backbone? How many times do
people insult Jesus/Yeshua?

That would be nice, having a backbone. But when someone tells you it's a supreme insult, and you do it anyway, and when that someone has spent the better part of 9 years feeling attacked for their beliefs, who's actually right and who's wrong?

And please don't be so disingenuous as to imply that people of other religions just "take it." And, oh yeah, there's always that thing about two rights making a wrong...

4.We will stop falling for their propaganda when they
stop dropping bombs,suicide belts and flying planes
into buildings!

Yes, because all Muslims do this or have the potential to. Please now refer to number 1 and think long and hard about what you just did here.

[edit on 7/20/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Piper96

Some nut job somewhere may well be trying to...but if it gets very far, I'd be pretty surprised too. The UN thing is almost hilarious.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
What is it about the Abrahamaic "faiths" that produces such a wealth of idiots?

Nothing?

Statements like "yours" produce a wealth of idiots.

OMG see what I did there?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Actually, I noticed that and thought about it for a second. Maybe they're the non-Muslim contingent, or maybe the offense is so much worse because they are Muslim. Again, not enough facts, but yeah fishy on more than a few levels probably. Then again, didn't someone try to close that page down? I seem to remember reading something about that...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Really? Would love to see a list of all the examples of when this has happened in the past 15 or so years. Let's do a body count, shall we?

Gosh, I'd hate to think that all the deaths of the people of Iraq and Afghanistan are being attributed to Judeo-Christian armies and ideologies. Naw...that would never happen.

George Bush has claimed he was on a mission from God when he launched the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq, according to a senior Palestinian politician in an interview to be broadcast by the BBC later this month.

[edit on 7/20/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Westerners, mainly the US, has only been around for a few hundred years, and in that time it has changed the entire world for the better. We proved that Democracy can work, we proved that tolerance and human rights can work. We sacrificed many of our lives defending strangers from tyranny and oppression.

You were doing alright until this bit. Yes, Muslims used to have it right. I am not so sure that the west hasn't also gotten off track as well the last 50 years or so.

Not sure, really, if anyone has got it right nowadays except maybe atheists and the like.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

You have got to be joking!
This world bends over backwards to appease the muslims.
You stated about giving them breathing room.For your info
pal,when you give them breathing room they try to take over.
With banners such as,one day islam will rule the world.

Since the muslims need breathing room AKA breeding room!
They will eventually out populate the rest of the world.They also
try to push their sharia law down everybodies throats.

We live for life,they live for death...

www.thetrumpet.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

You have got to be joking!
This world bends over backwards to appease the muslims.
You stated about giving them breathing room.For your info
pal,when you give them breathing room they try to take over.
With banners such as,one day islam will rule the world.

Since the muslims need breathing room AKA breeding room!
They will eventually out populate the rest of the world.They also
try to push their sharia law down everybodies throats.

We live for life,they live for death...

www.thetrumpet.com...

What are you talking about?

Appease Muslims?

We've invaded every one of their nations. Killed countless thousands of children (ignoring adult civilians). Link all of them to atrocious hate filled ignorance. Accuse them all of being terrorists (or potential). Ban their religious practices (Yay Burka ban). Deny them freedoms to build cultural centers (9/11 Mosque in NYC?). Steal their land and oil from them. Empower their drug/warlord trade with our pharmaceutical addictions.

And you're equating them to animals breeding. RACIST MUCH?

I think it's quite apparent your argument lacks any logic.

That which you judge in others, is only a reflection of that which hides within yourself.

What world are you so delusionally enjoying?

[edit on 20-7-2010 by mryanbrown]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

when you give them breathing room they try to take over.

So, in your opinion, the US is ok to take over the world, but if anyone else tries to, they're being unfair?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
reply to post by getreadyalready

Westerners, mainly the US, has only been around for a few hundred years, and in that time it has changed the entire world for the better. We proved that Democracy can work, we proved that tolerance and human rights can work. We sacrificed many of our lives defending strangers from tyranny and oppression.

You were doing alright until this bit. Yes, Muslims used to have it right. I am not so sure that the west hasn't also gotten off track as well the last 50 years or so.

Not sure, really, if anyone has got it right nowadays except maybe atheists and the like.

You are absolutely correct!
I am banking on the fact that our learning curve seems to be a little quicker than civilizations in the past. Although the US and UK are going down hill fast, I am hopeful that we will right the ship in this decade, and make some massive strides in repairing our recent transgressions and mistakes. *crosses fingers*

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Here you go,this is just an example of persecutions
that christians face for their faith.

www.youtube.com...

I hope you feel something for a 10 year old that was
burned for his faith.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Is this supposed to be some sort of justification for bombing the crap out of thousands of innocent men, women and children?

I think you need help.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join