It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Founders Charged With Death Penalty

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

If I don't understand the cultural implications and language and I haven't yet seen an analysis as such from someone who does, I tend to reserve judgment and don't jump in the fray with my uninformed opinion. I've heard and read and spoken to enough people that I know the dangers of taking these things too literally, particularly when reported in a media whose sole goal seems to be to instill fear and incite hatred at a base emotional level among the uninformed to further an agenda.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

You're assuming I'm a Muslim?
Sorry...that's pretty damn funny.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

How many people have they actually killed for this? Since when is SAYING something the equivalent of DOING it?

Are you sure you understand exactly what they said and why?

Do you actually believe this "death penalty" is going to be carried out?

[edit on 7/20/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by daniyalw

Whoever wrote this article is fully awake in this lifetime.

Americans know that their country is being run by corporate psychpaths that could care less about America. We watched the last two wars get outsourced and didn't do a thing. We know America tortures but we don't do a thing. We know America is occupying foreign lands to steal their resources but we don't do a thing.

When does America get upset? When you talk about Facebook or twitter or iPhones or reality shows.

Does anyone know who paid for Facebook?

Get educated:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by butcherguy

Of course I know these things. What part of anything I posted made you assume I did not? Children in American public schools are allowed to pray all they want. You are misinformed.
Really?

You should google 'Children expelled for praying in school', then tell me how misinformed I am after reading up.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The price of freedom has never been higher and paid by a larger number of people than that for the right to freedom of speech. I believe that this is sad, as it pits the laws of one country against another. In this instence you have one country that is heavily religious and finds that the drawing of anything in refernece to their belief to be abhorrent and normally is punishble by death and the other is where the right to make fun of any and all things is not only protected by law, but at the same time something that everyone can be guaranteed.
While the making fun of any religious figure or even any religion is something that can not be taken away, no matter what. If the muslim population finds such offensive, perhaps they should just remain quite. Like any thing in this day and age, many people fail to realize that the freedom of speech is a double edged sword, where a person has the right to print or state anything they like, within reason, you can not scream fire in a theater, but at the same time another person has the right not to listen, read or pay attention to such. With all of the problems in the world today, if people can not look and laugh at themselves, then I believe that there may be a bit of a problem there.

link   

Really. They can pray all day long to themselves and no one would give a flying fig. You might want to read up on the specifics or perhaps word your sentence more accurately.

link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

From Wiki:

Threat on Molly Norris' life

On the 11th of July 2010 it was reported that Yemeni-American cleric Anwar al-Awlaki had put Molly Norris on a hitlist. In an English-language Al Qaeda magazine named "Inspire," Al-Awlaki wrote "The medicine prescribed by the Messenger of Allah is the execution of those involved." Anwar al-Awlaki has been linked to the attempted bombing in times square and has been cited as the inspiration for the Fort Hood massacre. And was quoted as saying "The large number of participants makes it easier for us because there are more targets to choose from in addition to the difficulty of the government offering all of them special protection,". But even then our campaign should not be limited to only those who are active participants." FBI officials have reportedly notified Norris warning her they consider it a "very serious threat.

The threat to Molly Norris is very real, however not the most serious isssue of this article, in bold is though. So really who is spreading hate and fear?

link   
If this petition is granted do you think the guy who is taking facebook to court claiming he owns 83% of it might drop his action

suing link

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread595377

oops double post sorry!

[edit on 20-7-2010 by habfan1968]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

And it's not up to me to either judge or change these things for those women. They must do that for themselves. If and when they so choose and how they choose. Whether I think it's a good thing or a bad thing is irrelevant.
The slaves in pre-Civil War America can be glad that you weren't the one to rely on in their struggle to be freed!

Oh, that's up to them to fix for themselves. It doesn't matter what I think about it.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Some might argure that this would be the perfect example of how things didn't exactly work out. My point was we cannot judge or help without knowing ALL the facts and implications and consequences. That you can shoot your mouth off about it in places like this is fine. I don't see you actually doing anything either or maybe you think the vast majority of those causing the killing of children in Iraq and Afghanistan actually gives a fig about this?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Really. They can pray all day long to themselves and no one would give a flying fig. You might want to read up on the specifics or perhaps word your sentence more accurately.
I don't seem to be the one that has trouble reading. My sentence was worded accurately.

This from my post(unedited):

You do realize that children are not allowed to pray aloud in public schools because of the separation of church and state provided for by our Constitution?

Get that part....ALOUD?

You say 'to themselves', I never said that.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I have seen countless occasions of ridicule of Jesus.

I've never seen anyone try to squelch that ridicule.

But I see many trying to squelch the ridicule of Muhammad.

BTW - The only way you can get rid of Religion is by censoring free speech. All the groups that want censorship are on my # list.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

How many people have they actually killed for this? Since when is SAYING something the equivalent of DOING it?

Are you sure you understand exactly what they said and why?

Do you actually believe this "death penalty" is going to be carried out?

In Canada and the US "uttering death threats" is a punishable offense and violates our freedoms as guaranteed in both our constitutions, and yes I believe some islamic extremist will make an attempt on some of these peoples' lives. Based on the wording you are using, you don't think anything will come of it? What about the dutch cartoonist? nothing attempted there right? As far as understanding what they said goes I am pretty sure they say it exactly how they mean it.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

I agree the Muslim population feeds the fire just as much as those responding to them do. That's pretty much my point. Let's all jump in the fray and make it worse by ridiculing them. It's baiting on both "sides." And if both sides keep feeding it it's never gonna die.

Watch...now we'll get the people saying, "but then they "win."

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

It's a terroristic threat here in America too. But the people who uttered it aren't here, are they?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Some might argure that this would be the perfect example of how things didn't exactly work out. My point was we cannot judge or help without knowing ALL the facts and implications and consequences. That you can shoot your mouth off about it in places like this is fine. I don't see you actually doing anything either or maybe you think the vast majority of those causing the killing of children in Iraq and Afghanistan actually gives a fig about this?

My point here, if it was too difficult for you to grasp, is that sometimes, when you see something wrong going on, if you stand idly by and don't act against it, you are actually helping the evildoer(s).

If you side with the evildoers, you most definitely are helping them.

I guess that you could probably also say that you don't agree with pedophiles, it is not your place to interfere with them.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
...drawing a parallel here...

Didn't Larry Flynt win a case in the supreme court for his open ridicule of a religious figure (Rev. Jerry Falwell)? He had a satirical page in Hustler concerning Jerry's practices of sex with his mother...or something similar.

....just saying.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

My point here is that you are assuming I don't. WHEN I fully understand. I am not "siding" with anyone. I'm trying to see things CLEARLY first. Without some pundits or emotional crybabies on either "side" leading me by the nose. Are we clear now?

Did you even read the "article" or do a search? No one's even sure this is TRUE yet and already...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join