It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Proof The NAACP Awards Racism –2010

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
reply to post by ThaLoccster

Then why did she resign?

answer that for me.

Yes why?

Maybe because the obama administration immediately threw her under the bus AND even the NAACP came out with a statement against her racism.

Pay attention here, even the NAACP thought what she said was racist.

Good enough for me.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

The same CNN who has been running edited footage of a nameless Nazi supporter at a tea party, but cutting out him being accosted by tea party members?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Hudson

That woman has a serious chip on her shoulder. She didn't help someone as much as someone else because of their race, that's utterly shocking and deeply disgusting.

All organisations that cater to race should be destroyed. I don't care if theyr are pro white, pro black, pro whatever, lets have one organisation for the equality of all people. We''re all human and this woman needs to understand that.

The most horrible part "i took him to one of his own".

Wow.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
This is what I got from the woman's story:

She wasn't going to help this farmer because of racist beliefs. She ends up helping the farmer because she realizes being racist is stupid.

Where's teh beef?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
She took him to that lawyer, that lawyer could not help him so she had to do it and according to guy's wife she did. I know you guys aren't reading a damn thing now.

I'm not sure if you are missing the point on purpose or not.

But in case you are having comprehension problems, one more time, she said in 2010 that she took him to "one of his own".

That comment, made in 2010, is racist. Like it or not, it's a fact. No one cares whether she took him to a lawyer or not. When she said that, in 2010, she exposed herself.

The NAACP also sees it like the rest of us do, and agrees.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Hudson

I came across this a couple days ago it rings true so am I a racist?

There are African Americans, Mexican Americans, Asian Americans, Arab Americans, etc.
And then there are just Americans. You pass me on the street and sneer in my direction. You call me 'White boy,' 'Cracker,' 'Honkey,' 'Whitey,' 'Caveman'... And that's OK..
But when I call you .. (I have to edit this part out because of the complicit nature of the yahoo racists, but please note all the epithets against whites is ok) .. You call me a racist.You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you.... So why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live?

You have the United Negro College Fund. You have Martin Luther King Day.
You have Black History Month. You have Cesar Chavez Day.
You have Yom Hashoah. You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi.
You have the NAACP. You have BET.... If we had WET (White Entertainment Television), we'd be racists. If we had a White Pride Day, you would call us racists.
If we had White History Month, we'd be racists.
If we had any organization for only whites to 'advance' OUR lives, we'd be racists.
We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber of Commerce, and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce.. Wonder who pays for that??
A white woman could not be in the Miss Black American pageant, but any color can be in the Miss America pageant.

If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships... You know we'd be racists.
There are over 60 openly proclaimed Black Colleges in theUS .. Yet if there were 'White colleges', that would be a racist college.
In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights. If we marched for our race and rights, you would call us racists.
You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it. But when we announce our white pride, you call us racists.
You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a white police officer shoots a black gang member or beats up a black drug dealer running from the law and posing a threat to society, you call him a racist.
I am proud...... But you call me a racist..
Why is it that only whites can be racists??

--Michael Richards--

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
*WARNING Disturbing Content*

Not that micheal richards?

~meathead

Edit to add warning

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Mike Stivic]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Meathead, I think it was him and he acted like a nut in that video it was actually hard to watch.
But still I hate to say I agree with what I wrote in my last post I hate to admit it..... I guess I must be a racist

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by starlitestarbrite

I dont think you are a racist, and i didnt mean to imply that.

I just saw the name and that video popped into my head..

Respectfully yours,

~meathead

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
So it is ok to have JET magazine, BET and all Black colleges, but if any of these were white only...then the NAACP would call it racism?

Double Standard!

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Mine Not Yours]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

You can't treat another race of people like dirt for centuries and hope the past will just fade away. It doesn't work.

Women are expected to forgive men who have historically abused and murdered them (by the billions, in fact). If that much is expected out of 50% of the population, i guess the rest of you will just have to learn to forgive as well. It doesn't hurt. It's real easy.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
And it turns out Breitbart is lying via omission yet again. And somehow it always winds up making African-Americans look bad. Weird, huh?

It turns out that the example of the white farmer was part of a bigger story - one in which she realized she was wrong to look at it as a race issue. And she actually helped the farmer in question after all.

Resigned USDA Official: Breitbart’s Video Was a Lie

“I was struggling with the fact that so many black people had lost their farmland, and here I was faced with having to help a white person save their land. So I didn’t give him the full force of what I could do. I did enough.”

But Tuesday morning, Sherrod said what online viewers weren’t told in reports posted throughout the day Monday was that the tale she told at the banquet happened 24 years ago — before she got the USDA job — when she worked with the Georgia field office for the Federation of Southern Cooperative/Land Assistance Fund.

Sherrod said the short video clip excluded the breadth of the story about how she eventually worked with the man over a two-year period to help ward off foreclosure of his farm, and how she eventually became friends with him and his wife.

“And I went on to work with many more white farmers,” she said. “The story helped me realize that race is not the issue, it’s about the people who have and the people who don’t. When I speak to groups, I try to speak about getting beyond the issue of race.”

So, Breitbart has taken a story about someone who looked at things from a racial standpoint, THEN ROSE ABOVE HER PREJUDICES and learned a lot in the process. So what would be a wonderful story of redemption is just used as a cudgel to advance his agenda.

All you people who were so quick to jump on her should be ashamed of yourselves.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mine Not Yours
So it is ok to have JET magazine, BET and all Black colleges, but if any of these were white only...then the NAACP would call it racism?

Double Standard!

Um...we already have US Weekly & People, and a few hundred others as white magazines; CMT and scores more and a LOT more as white entertainment channels. Just because they aren't called "White Entertainment Television" doesn't mean they're not catering to the Caucasian demographic.

And I can't imagine why there would be colleges that have historically been for minorities...perhaps because there's a history of discrimination at other universities? Maybe? Just because a college is HISTORICALLY black doesn't mean you can't get in just for being white. Can you prove that being white means you can't get in? That would definitely be discrimination.

It's like saying "Why is there a Black History Month? Where is White History Month?" Uh, you have the other 11 months.

And don't get started on the oldie but goodie "THEY use the n-word. Why can't I?" To which I ask "Why do you WANT to use it so badly?"

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mothershipzeta

So she resigned for doing nothing wrong?

Way to stand up for yourself, lady.

Sort of like skipping bail if you're not guilty.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Shirley Sherrod, who resigned Monday as the department's director of rural development for Georgia, told CNN she had four calls telling her the White House wanted her to resign.

"They asked me to resign, and in fact they harassed me as I was driving back to the state office from West Point, Georgia, yesterday," she said. The last call "asked me to pull to the side of the road and do it [resign]," she said.

"I don't feel good about it, because I know I didn't do anything wrong," she said. "... During my time at USDA, I gave it all I had."

OK this goes deeper then we think,
www.cnn.com...

asked to pull to the side of the road, by the WH?

This situation needs to be defused,

[edit on 033131p://bTuesday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by starlitestarbrite
I came across this a couple days ago it rings true so am I a racist?

Not necessarily. But I do have to wonder why you'd be so concerned that a historically oppressed minority might decide to have institutions that represent them.

If none of those things you listed were created, then African-Americans and Hispanics would be a lot worse off today.

If all the those things disappeared tomorrow, do you honestly think that Hispanics and African-Americans would not be at a huge disadvantage? Don't make me laugh.

Prior to the UNCF, were African-Americans getting scholarships? No, and beyond that, they weren't even allowed to enroll at most universities.

And you're upset about Cesar Chavez Day why, exactly? Because he fought to keep Hispanics from being exploited at unfair wages?

And MLK Day...yeah, I can't imagine why we might want to honor someone who fought and died for the human rights that black people in America were being denied.

Stop pretending you're a victim because you're white. How are any of the things you posted affecting you, personally? Are you a white woman who desperately wants to compete to be Miss Black America? Are you upset that we only have 11 months of the year to celebrate White History? Are you angry that almost all cable channels except for BET, Univision & Galavision cater to the white male or white female demographic?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by mothershipzeta

So she resigned for doing nothing wrong?

Way to stand up for yourself, lady.

Sort of like skipping bail if you're not guilty.

She and the WH didn't want this to be a distraction, because she knew SOME people would use it to deflect attention. They knew what was coming - and it's still happening even after her resignation. Do you really think everyone would have backed off after the full story came out? Do you think she could have done her job effectively in a week? A month? A year?

When the wolves are baying at your door, you're better off not going outside.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by starlitestarbrite
But still I hate to say I agree with what I wrote in my last post I hate to admit it..... I guess I must be a racist

Well, if you're willing to label yourself, you're certainly welcome to do so. But do yourself a favor and ask yourself why those things bother you so much, why they somehow directly infringe upon anyone's rights.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

oh now THAT is interesting. and i'd be looking askance at breitbart now for taking part in this incident in that manner.. she was removed because she was NO LONGER RACIST. whatdya wanna bet? they think she's an uncle tom! i thought the whole uncle tom thing disappeared a few decades ago.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
i think we all better be alot more vigilant in this day and age, to be sure we aren't being played like fiddles. cause if what we think is going on, is really going on, anyone in a power position who actually likes people regardless of their race, gender and etc, will be targetted, cause you can't fight a civil war without a divide. they'll manufacture one if necessary (obviously)! remove the good folks, the people who literally are reformed racists, who have a more balanced view, who might actually defend you and go to bat for you if you're the opposite color! doh.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join