It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Proof The NAACP Awards Racism –2010

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

I guess you could get her email address or phone number and ask her.

Do you seriously expect me to speak for her? I can't assume why she resigned, only she knows that.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
the op is a fool; nowhere in the first video did she express enough racism for the warrant you are suggesting.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloist

Originally posted by ThaLoccster
I'm kinda sick of the race hype.. *SNIP*

Hype? Are you serious?

Here was have a woman on camera claiming she didn't help a white man on purpose. Using terms as "his own" , and "his people", she makes it quite clear that she is/was just as bigoted as those she appears to despise.

Imagine, just freaking imagine, if this was a WHITE official saying this about a black farmer! There would be riots within hours.

Racism isn't hype, it's real, and it's a many way street these days.

The NAACP will ensure that racism will never die, they whip it up and spew it out, it's a one way street!

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

I can tell you why she resigned.

BECAUSE SHE WAS GUILTY OF REVERSE RACISM.

If she WASNT guilty, we all know damned well that she would be kicking and screaming trying to get her message across.

Hell, if I was accused of something I didnt do, I wouldnt just say "ok, you are right, I did it".
I would put up one hell of a fight at least.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by no special characters

When I first went to the link I read the text of the story and had started the video while reading the text to my wife.

The text sure was inflammatory.
The first half or so of the video matched that.
But then after discussions I watched the rest of the video.
It sure seems like an out of context ploy.
Ms. Sherrod appears to start down a story line of how she had it “revealed” to her the error of her thinking. (to a degree)
I am not condoning her lack of support for the white farmer but it seems like this snippet is out of context of the true story.

Is there a full video of this speech?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

you're right...and if you did 1 minute of research, you would have discovered she was forced to resign...and so?...what? do you want her to be put in prison??? beaten?? never allowed to work again?? what??

Yeah, that's a good start. Send a strong message that you need to swallow your racism when out in public. Who knows how many lives this racist woman has ruined over the years with her racist attitude?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

I don't see it that way, and unless I missed it I never saw where she stated she did what she did because he was white, but because he acted superior towards him.

Oh really? Maybe this will jog your memory...

"I was struggling with the fact that so many black people had lost their farmland, and here I was faced with having to help a white person save their land. So I didn't give him the full force of what I could do. I did enough,"

wcbstv.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

BECAUSE SHE WAS GUILTY OF REVERSE RACISM.

Correction, just regular racism.

To all of you saying this video was cut off, Mr. Brietbart has been posting tweets implying there is more to come. So, I doubt thats the case.

twitter.com...

Hey @ericboehlert & the mostly male Caucasian @mmfa 'senior fellows': Get some rest. Tomorrow's gonna be long day & first of many in a row.

Plus, I seriously doubt she would have resigned if there was nothing wrong with what she said. You guys wouldn't be questioning this if she were white and talking about a black farmer. No way.

We should all be standing up for equality, not "lets get some payback and teach them a lesson".

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hudson
Plus, I seriously doubt she would have resigned if there was nothing wrong with what she said. You guys wouldn't be questioning this if she were white and talking about a black farmer. No way.

Are you going to say that in every new "race thread" you start?
You really need to move away from the "But if the white man did it" race card routine.

The truth is you are wrong.

People question and justify just about everything around here. Even somethings that surprise me, but that is the point of an open forum. You get a lot of subjective opinions and different perspectives.

You also said the mainstream media wouldn't touch the story, yet it is on FOX and CNN and that this would just blow over, yet this lady has been rightfully removed from her position.

Why are you still crying foul when something obviously was done?

We should all be standing up for equality, not "lets get some payback and teach them a lesson".

Exactly.

This woman deserved to be fired over the racist behavior evident in statements and Mark Williams deserved to be expelled from the Tea-Party for his racist letter to President Lincoln advocating for a return to slavery and written as if he were a member of the Amos and Andy show.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I'm kinda sick of the race hype in the MSM not to mention here on ATS.

In the past couple of weeks there have been an inane amount of race threads, saying this group is racist, no this group is obviously racist, and don't forget this group, they are the real racists.

For all the people of ATS, claiming to be free thinkers, quick to deny ignormace, its a shame to see people who are supposedly "enlightened" to the ploys of "TPTB" falling for the same crap as the average Faux new viewer.

So in the past year not only has the US been further divided by "tea parties" and "obamanation", now we have hyped racism to further divide.

I've said it before, deny ignorace...embrace ignorance...does anyone know the difference anymore?

well, apparently, many are STILL confused by the difference between bigotry and the institution of Racism.

so im not shocked.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloist

I'm kinda sick of the race hype.. *SNIP*

Hype? Are you serious?

Here was have a woman on camera claiming she didn't help a white man on purpose. Using terms as "his own" , and "his people", she makes it quite clear that she is/was just as bigoted as those she appears to despise.

Well, that would be bigotry, not racism.

do we REALLY have to rehash the distinct difference between an individual having a problem with another person based on race, class, religion, whatever, and the institution of Racism that empowers a specific race and class through the use of bigotry?

apparently we do.

White people love to think that something like a black person's bigotry is something called 'reverse racism'. But Racism is institutionalized bigotry that empowers the embedded class in power. A black woman having an issue with a white person can not be racism, it can only be bigotry.

Now, when black folks control the vast amount of resources in the world, then you can call their bigotry racism, but until then, its just plain ol bigotry.

learn the difference.

Imagine, just freaking imagine, if this was a WHITE official saying this about a black farmer! There would be riots within hours.

Racism isn't hype, it's real, and it's a many way street these days.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by no special characters
Even though she is obviously racist I believe the following is what is happening during the speech.

She shows the audience the long way black Americans have come being able to be in position of power to decide the faith of the people that once believed themselves to be superior to blacks. She indicates that she did help him to a certain extend but did not put in all efforts. (which in the way she tells it is quite racist and should never be any ground for decision making for a government official)

Looking at the audience she is speaking to you would imagine that she might think that her racist description of how she could decide on the life of a white person has captured their attention. Which then can deliver her final message...

The message is that even though the tables had turned that she could finally see that the powers that destroy peoples livelihoods and take possession of their income are colorblind.

Very badly packaged message indeed, and yes she shouldn't obviously be making these decisions.

She said that she had done enough to where it looked as if she helped but obviously did not, as to not get in trouble.

She's resigned since fox news put the video up.

Congratulations NAACP for stopping racism! We can count on you!
/sarcasm

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Towards the end of that speech she began to talk about poverty and that it wasn't a white/black thing. If someone could post the full video, so as we can get this in full context, then I would be grateful. I believe she was being honest, but she began to realize another problem in the issue which was about to be told as the clip posted ended. Anyway, this is what I think. Some might say I am a WASP White Anglo-Saxon Protestant, however I feel I am just a white guy who has been lucky enough to be born in the UK with an education and an ability to work and voice my opinion freely. The race problem will not go away and there really is no such thing as equality. We are headed into times of great poverty for all and thus great resentment between the haves and have-nots.

My point is simple. White people the world over have viewed themselves as superior in all aspects of life (except for athletics, we can't claim that one!) and treated other races as sub-human. Truth and reconciliation is great for politics, but the real world remembers everything and it is much harder to forgive and forget. You can't treat another race of people like dirt for centuries and hope the past will just fade away. It doesn't work.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
In the position she held, resign means fired. She was asked to resign so she would not embarrass the Administration and cause them votes by exposing the real personality of the chosen Staff. In other words, resign or we will leave a boot print permanently on your behind.

If this follows history, she will have a higher paying position with a group friendly to the Administration by morning. She will profit greatly financially for being a sacrificial lamb and to insure her silence and keep her from capitalizing from this, keeping it in the shadows where they want it to be.

The reality of the bribe will be covered up from us and by the time anyone connects her and the Administration to her reward, nobody will be interested enough to report it. It may get posted here and get one star and one response.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
you guys who say card this and that are stupid; the treatment of other people are games to you and you dont want to loose your full house so you call out the opponents hand; thats cheating.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Why do white people cry over racism more than anyone when they are the most racist people in the history of the planet?

Lets look at the resume in recent history:

-Killed about 200 million Native Indians and Hispanics, enslaved them and stole their entire continent.

-Enslaved blacks for 400 years and killed about 90 million of them during transporting.

I mean honestly how could this black woman possibly show favoritism.

Has anyone turned on CSPAN lately? I don't see a lot of anything besides white people. Some body fire the government.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
CNN just reported that this woman has just resigned, because of the YouTube video.

How about that?

Perhaps there IS a way to effect change in this country yet?

More videos like this one need to come out...they obviously exist!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike Stivic
That piece of video was very disturbing to me. This woman needs to be fired immediately and this sort of behavior should not be tolerated from our public servants..
The fact that she was forced to resign shows that at least racism won't be tolerated by government employees, even if it's tolerated by the NAACP.

Even if the video was taken somewhat out of context, what was said was enough to cost her her job, which is appropriate. There wasn't enough she could say after that to patch up that blunder.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
i cant help but realize its our fault. its the responsibility of "we the people" to fight all terrorists foreign and domestic. great post but our time would be better spent stopping it, rather than just speculating and judging.

of course this is all common knowledge to those who know that every single govt outfit was created to perpetuate division. even ones that stand for peace. right beneath the surface their contributing to our destruction.

the ptb are very wise adversaries indeed. but its still completely our fault. when you turn off your computer, go out into the world and change it. or its your fault.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
wait, omg! she resigned? hahahah!

poetic indeed.

3rd line lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join