It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Proof The NAACP Awards Racism –2010

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hudson

You need to learn more history, because this wasn't a white only enterprise. Not surprised you think it was though. Education these days is pretty racist in of itself.

Actually maybe you should learn about history.
Because white people actually did those things I posted on their own.

Nice try though.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Wise Man

I have read more than a few books written by explorers about their travels in Africa. The bulk of the slave traders were Portugese. The people catching the slaves were almost entirely African natives that captured people belonging to other tribes. They sold the captured people to the slave traders for gunpowder, lead, metal, beads and flour.

The natives were in integral part of the slave trade. They were not white.
They often viewed their neighboring tribes as being sub-human, treating them as livestock, and sometimes using them for food.

I have already researched this one, if you need sources, google African slavery and African cannibalism.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Well, looks like more hyped up Fox news BS.
news.yahoo.com...

She interacted with that farmer 24 years ago. She was not employed by the USDA when it happened.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by zroth

This is not about race. It is about social classes.

As long as I am forced to check a race box on a job application, there will be racism.

One excellent point here!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
Well, looks like more hyped up Fox news BS.
She interacted with that farmer 24 years ago. She was not employed by the USDA when it happened.

I don't care if it was 24 days ago or 24 years ago, it's simply not right to have someone in a position that can affect one's lively-hood based upon their race. Black OR white.

This isn't hype, this is a message. We simply won't tolerate this kind of junk any more, we've had enough, people need to move on or don't and get left out and behind. Hopefully from now on these people will watch what they say and realize the decisions they make have consequences.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soloist

I don't care if it was 24 days ago or 24 years ago, it's simply not right to have someone in a position that can affect one's lively-hood based upon their race. Black OR white.

This isn't hype, this is a message. We simply won't tolerate this kind of junk any more, we've had enough, people need to move on or don't and get left out and behind. Hopefully from now on these people will watch what they say and realize the decisions they make have consequences.

It was 24 years ago and she used it as an example of how she had come to realize it was more about Social class than Race. Really, people can't grow and learn from their past mistakes? Maybe we should hold you accountable for every stupid thing you did 20 years ago?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
I have read more than a few books written by explorers about their travels in Africa. The bulk of the slave traders were Portugese. The people catching the slaves were almost entirely African natives that captured people belonging to other tribes. They sold the captured people to the slave traders for gunpowder, lead, metal, beads and flour.

The natives were in integral part of the slave trade. They were not white.
They often viewed their neighboring tribes as being sub-human, treating them as livestock, and sometimes using them for food.

I have already researched this one, if you need sources, google African slavery and African cannibalism.

Please don't bother to have a history debate with me unless you want be be destroyed, I'm very educated in history.

The Portugese were white people.
The British were white and so were the Spaniards.
White people around the world are still living off the money they got from slavery.

Despite what the BS whitewashed history books say, the Africans slaving Africans story is a lie. It was one dark race of people putting another dark race of people into slavery. The fact that they live on the same continent doesn't make them the same people.
www.youtube.com...

White people also forced Natives to use blacks as slaves, I have books on that I can scan and upload.
I also have books and info on Blacks and Natives being shipped around in the same slave ships.

Also your trying to drag other nations into the horrible acts I listed done by whites only.
The figures I posted in my first post are done by whites only, I excluded the numbers done by Africans and Arabs.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wise Man

Please don't bother to have a history debate with me unless you want be be destroyed, I'm very educated in history.

Despite what the BS whitewashed history books say, the Africans slaving Africans story is a lie. It was one dark race of people putting another dark race of people into slavery. The fact that they live on the same continent doesn't make them the same people.

Okay, WiseOne, you destroyed me!

Dig this.... Africans slaving Africans story is a lie.
The fact that they live on the same continent doesn't make them the same people. THOSE ARE YOUR WORDS.

The fact that they live on the same continent does make them African!
So how is Africans 'slaving' Africans a LIE?

So I am going to guess that because the tribes taking the slaves weren't the 'same people' it was okay for them to ENSLAVE people?

What up there dude?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Really, people can't grow and learn from their past mistakes?

Try telling that to the NAACP about whites and see where that gets you!

In the video you could see when she was rolling her eyes and preaching that the guy thought he was better than her that the feelings were still there. Sorry, no one like that should be in control of making decisions for people based on their own racist ideas, imagined or not.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

It was 24 years ago and she used it as an example of how she had come to realize it was more about Social class than Race. Really, people can't grow and learn from their past mistakes? Maybe we should hold you accountable for every stupid thing you did 20 years ago?
That is how life works.

Whether it comes from the person that you have wronged, or through karmic voodoo stuff, what comes around, goes around.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Oh please! It looks like she got her talking points:

www.google.com...

WASHINGTON — A black employee who resigned from the Agriculture Department over racially charged comments at a Georgia NAACP meeting says her remarks are being intentionally misconstrued by conservative groups stoking racial tensions.

Shirley Sherrod says she was forced to step down by the White House even though her comments, in which she says she withheld support for a farmer because he was white, were really part of a story of racial reconciliation. In an interview, Sherrod said the White House's wishes were relayed by an Agriculture Department undersecretary.

I like how its everyone else stoking racial tensions. Not the media and groups like the NAACP. How does any of this change the fact she admitted to discriminating in her job?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Hudson

Maybe because it was 24 years ago and she wasn't working for the USDA? Maybe because i went looking for the whole speech (which cannot be found ATM)

OHHHHH LOOK AT THIS

But Tuesday morning, Sherrod said what online viewers weren't told in reports posted throughout the day Monday was that the tale she told at the banquet happened 24 years ago -- before she got the USDA job -- when she worked with the Georgia field office for the Federation of Southern Cooperative/Land Assistance Fund. Sherrod said the short video clip excluded the breadth of the story about how she eventually worked with the man over a two-year period to help ward off foreclosure of his farm, and how she eventually became friends with him and his wife. "And I went on to work with many more white farmers," she said. "The story helped me realize that race is not the issue, it's about the people who have and the people who don't. When I speak to groups, I try to speak about getting beyond the issue of race."

So she did help him and you guys are crying over nothing.
www.aolnews.com...

[edit on 20-7-2010 by antonia]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

One more time, maybe it will penetrate your skull. how does any of this change the fact she discriminated against people based on skin color in her position of power? Who knows how many others it happened to.

She would never have resigned if she did nothing wrong. Now we're seeing the media spin to try and cover this up, like every single other story that puts their hypocrisy on full display.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Hudson]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hudson
reply to post by antonia

One more time, maybe it will penetrate your skull. how does any of this change the facts he discriminated against people based on skin color in her position of power?

Because she didn't discriminate in the end. I know you don't want to read the response and all because you want to believe she is a racist, but she did help him and she says it. She says she worked with him for you years to keep him farm being foreclosed on. It's right there in English. Read it. She simply used her initial reaction to him as an example of how she was wrong.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I would just like to point out that there is no such thing as "reverse racism". Racism is "the prejudice that members of one race are intrinsically superior to members of other races; discriminatory or abusive behavior towards members of another race". Just because it is a black individual holding these beliefs or actions against a white individual doesnt change any aspect of the crime, it is still "racism". The "reverse" part was a tool added by the MSM to lend some justification to the action.

Simply put, if you treat a person differently simply because of their race, you are commiting racism.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

So she did help him and you guys are crying over nothing.
www.aolnews.com...

Funny how you say this, but in the video from THIS YEAR, she is still talking about taking him to a white lawyer, to "one of his own".

We see through this! If that would have been a white woman saying those things, there would have been immediate riots.

I know it's hard when the shoe is finally on the other foot after all these years, but some of us are SICK of the double standard that has been allowed to go on for so long.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloist

Mmhmm, she did that 24 years ago and then helped him anyway. The man's wife was just on CNN talking about what great person Shirley was for helping them.

www.cnn.com...

A Georgia woman who said she believes her husband is the farmer referenced in the clip told CNN on Tuesday that Sherrod was helpful to her family and that the couple never felt she was being racist while trying to assist them in avoiding foreclosure. "She treated us really good and got us all we could," said Eloise Spooner of Iron City, Georgia. Spooner said she remembered that Sherrod helped find an attorney to help her husband, Roger. She said she doesn't believe Sherrod is being treated fairly.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood

Originally posted by ThaLoccster
I'm kinda sick of the race hype.. *SNIP*

Hype? Are you serious?

Here was have a woman on camera claiming she didn't help a white man on purpose. Using terms as "his own" , and "his people", she makes it quite clear that she is/was just as bigoted as those she appears to despise.

Well, that would be bigotry, not racism.

do we REALLY have to rehash the distinct difference between an individual having a problem with another person based on race, class, religion, whatever, and the institution of Racism that empowers a specific race and class through the use of bigotry?

apparently we do.

White people love to think that something like a black person's bigotry is something called 'reverse racism'. But Racism is institutionalized bigotry that empowers the embedded class in power. A black woman having an issue with a white person can not be racism, it can only be bigotry.

Now, when black folks control the vast amount of resources in the world, then you can call their bigotry racism, but until then, its just plain ol bigotry.

learn the difference.

Imagine, just freaking imagine, if this was a WHITE official saying this about a black farmer! There would be riots within hours.

Racism isn't hype, it's real, and it's a many way street these days.

Bigotry and not racism? wtf planet are you on?

Bigotry " The correct use of the term requires the elements of intolerance, irrationality, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs"

This was racism and to be sure reverse the rolls of the black woman and the white man and then what do you have? bigotry? RACISM!!!!!!!!!!

He would be tried and found guilty by the press and all sleepers watching it.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Mmhmm, she did that 24 years ago and then helped him anyway.

No, she said she took him to "one of his own people" THIS year, in the video.

You keep saying the same thing over and over, but it doesn't change the fact that she committed an act of racism and still speaks like one today. There is no reason to take chances that someone with any kind of power will make favorable decisions due to her race. She's done it before and admits it.

The NAACP even agrees.

It's nice to see things changing for once.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Mmhmm, she did that 24 years ago and then helped him anyway.

No, she said she took him to "one of his own people" THIS year, in the video.

You keep saying the same thing over and over, but it doesn't change the fact that she committed an act of racism and still speaks like one today. There is no reason to take chances that someone with any kind of power will make favorable decisions due to her race. She's done it before and admits it.

The NAACP even agrees.

It's nice to see things changing for once.

Go to CNN, it is explained. I get you guys want to drink the Koolaid, but this what happened: She took him to that lawyer, that lawyer could not help him so she had to do it and according to guy's wife she did. I know you guys aren't reading a damn thing now.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join