It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Proof The NAACP Awards Racism –2010

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Well, it's all good! All this bitterness and rage coming(sometime in the form of racism) from some members of the NAACP only serves the single purpose of devide and conquer. Some want it that way and not just the elite rulers you know. You can't have just one boxer in a ring fighting with himself.

Reverse racism only serves racism(whatever the original racism is). And so goes on the viscious circle. At the end, only those who don't want people to get along win. So now, who doesn't want the races to get along?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike Stivic

This woman needs to be fired immediately and this sort of behavior should not be tolerated from our public servants..

Sadly, she is following the agenda she was appointed to follow.

Many of us have witnessed people in authority who favor or dis-favor those whom they are supposed, in name and title, to serve to achieve their superiors' goals.

This political appointee is no different from dozens I've known in Texas, Indiana and at the Federal level who discriminate for unlawful or immoral reasons to serve an ideology.

There are supposed to be others in "oversight" positions to whom the aggrieved may appeal for redress. It is all the more unfortunate that most of the aggrieved never take advantage of this, or are also turned away without recourse for ideology's sake.

"This sort of behavior" WILL be tolerated absent change from the top down.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I'd like to see the rest of the video.

I find it odd that it cuts out right at the moment where she begins to explain that its not all about being black or white, but also about class and being poor versus rich.

I think thats the message that maybe with the racism HYPE that is trying to be conveyed.

I've often told people that black/white/brown/yellow doesn't matter, the only color that does matter is green, and if you aren't green then you don't matter.

I think thats what has happened in the past few years, people are starting to wake up to the class divide, and realize that we are all second class citizens to the people with money and power. So enter the new racism debate, because thats what its really all about is skin color.

I don't deny this lady is probably racist, but its hard to find a black person over 40 who doesn't harbor ill feelings towards white people. For older black people, the real images of racism and hate aren't confined to books, movies, and stories.

Those people bear the physical and mental scars of racism.

I talked to an older black guy one time who had been beaten by police, and had police dogs attack him. He had been hosed down by police with firehouses, and been a victim of many hate crimes by white people.

He was the grandfather of a friend of mine, and often remarked to my friend that "that little cracker" is here to see you (much the same way my mother would mention that my "colored" friend had stopped by while I was gone), I asked him one day why he hated white people (being 11-12 and not fully understanding the past, civil rights movement etc...) and he explained a lot of the things I've mentioned, and went on to say that by now he does understand that "not all white people are bad", but that overall he still has a lot of hatred for white people and that hatred basically stops him from being able to see white people on an individual basis, but instead judges all white people by the past and they way he "knows" them.

I'd still like to see the whole video, you can't understand one statement if you can't understand the context and get a chance to hear the rest of what she was saying. In any other instance (and its happened repeatedly on ATS), if someone had posted a video with a small comment, possibly taken out of context there would be no shortage of people pointing that fact out, and refusing to make a judgement until it could all be taken in.

I guess in this instance, since we know the NAACP is racist, its easy to see they just want white people to starve. Why should we need to see the whole speech?

EDIT: AFter watching the video, at no point does she refuse to help the person. She does state that she didn't "do all she could do", but she doesn't explicitly say (as has been mentioned) that she did anything to the person because he was white, but seemingly because he "acted superior" towards her.

I don't deny that she is most likely a racist, but I honestly did not see anything illegal in what she did. She didn't deny the man services on his race, or deny him services at all. She just didn't "do everything she could" to help him. I can tell you that goes on all day at government agencies, either from race, class, hell even your smell will get some people to hurry you on out of there while doing virtually nothing to help you.

[edit on 7/19/2010 by ThaLoccster]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

You make excellent points, and I felt the same way immediately after watching the video.

But then I took 4 seconds and thought about what she actually said. In that 4 seconds, I realized that there's one fact about her "sermon", that no amount of context, explanation, or even imagination can take away:

She "adjusted" her level of "service" based on the color of the mans skin. That, my friend, is blatant racism... as blatant as it gets. The fact that she admittedly refused to offer this white farmer the same level of service that she would offer a black farmer is all that is relevant in the video. She could spend an hour and a half after that, talking about the class divide, and how it's the have's vs the have nots, etc. and it wouldn't matter one bit. It won't take the bigot out of her, or the NAACP.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I didn't see anyone mention this yet, but this actually made it to MSM..

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by defuntion

Fox News does not equal the story getting to the "MSM". Let me know when ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, PBS, NPR or any of the other left network covers it.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hudson
reply to post by defuntion

Fox News does not equal the story getting to the "MSM". Let me know when ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, PBS, NPR or any of the other left network covers it.

I hope you're not planning on holding your breath for that long....It could very well be dangerous to your health sir.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Hudson

OK. Point well taken.

That may not happen, but I'm hoping it does...

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
They leave out the whole point of the story. She told that story because she learned that it's not a race problem, it's a social class problem.

That's like saying American History X is a really racist movie. It is, if you don't watch the last 45 min of the movie.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Hudson

and she has resigned from her post....can the OP now show all the white republicans at meetings where this has happened, but to black people not being helped....oh yeah...there is no such thing, because that has NEVER happened, right?...right?

nah listen heah, black fok...ya'll can't say anythin again white fok, because we will find yah, and get yah fired from yah job, yah heah?
ya'll just remembah who yah talking to, when yah talk to us white foks.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by jimmyx]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Styki

"I didnthelp him to the extent that I could have because he is white".

Im sorry, but it does not get anymore racist then that, no matter what you say afterwords.

She could say, 'kill whitey'...then 2 minutes later say "Ilove all races"...
But that would be hypocritical to cover her racist view.

Sorry, but there is NO WAY to defend what this woman said.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Styki

Most people who spew that never watched the movie to begin with. There are a lot of old wounds being opened these days. It's generally just disgusting. Most people in this country just want to live in peace. The way Fox sees it, the NAACP wants to hang all white people from their pinky toes while dancing half naked and eating watermelon. If anyone is playing the race card here it's FOx and it's really old.

All gross stereotypes, but I don't know what the hell else to say. There's a complete lack of rationality in these conversations. I think some of you missed out on "Mississippi Burning". Yes, it used to be very bad for a lot of black people in this country and it wasn't that long ago.

I live in an Army town, we are solidly mixed. It's peaceful, we generally all get a long with each other. Are there racists? Yes, but they have calmed down. They know their behavior is considered unacceptable by most of the younger generation. Three more soldiers died today. It looks like this month will be worse than last month was. No one asked what color they were. We have bigger problems than hyped up Fox BS. ThaLoccster is certainly right about that.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
reply to post by Styki

Im sorry, but it does not get anymore racist then that, no matter what you say afterwords.

you're right...and if you did 1 minute of research, you would have discovered she was forced to resign...and so?...what? do you want her to be put in prison??? beaten?? never allowed to work again?? what??

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

:::facepalm::

Im not even going to respond to such crap.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

That was part of the story.

The only reason she said that was to get to the part where she learned a lesson. The point of the message was to say than this farmer she encountered was in the same situation as African American farmers. She learned that everyone in that situation is in need of help.

What you are pointing out is the definition of taking words out of context.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Styki

"The point of the message was to say than this farmer she encountered was in the same situation as African American farmers. "

Then why didnt she help him?

Its kind of hard o say you want equality, yet turn around and do exactly what you have been bitching about them doing to you the whole time.

If she was a 'better' person, she would have helped him out, but she didnt because of payback(or her own racist views).

Thats not how you heal race relations, and as the (now former) VP of the NAACP, she knew that, but didnt apply it.

She Resigned BECAUSE she knew she was wrong, and she knew that what she said was the end of her. If she had some 'other point' to make, she would have stood on that stance and not have resigned so easily.

She got caught, she resigned.

edit

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Common Good]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
This is for those of you defending this woman.

She resigned. Now the MSM can ignore the story and it will all go away without their hypocrisy ever being exposed.

www.foxnews.com...

The Agriculture Department announced Monday, shortly after FoxNews.com published its initial report on the video, that Sherrod had resigned.

“There is zero tolerance for discrimination at USDA, and I strongly condemn any act of discrimination against any person,” Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack said in a written statement. “We have been working hard through the past 18 months to reverse the checkered civil rights history at the department and take the issue of fairness and equality very seriously.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

I don't see it that way, and unless I missed it I never saw where she stated she did what she did because he was white, but because he acted superior towards him.

What he didn't know while he was taking all that time trying to show me he was superior to me, was that I was trying to decide just how much help I was going to give him.

That doesn't say she did it because he was white, and she might have actually did it because he was white, but at no point does she claim to have discriminated on him because he was white.

And, like I mentioned earlier she never denied service to the man, just "didn't do all she could do". I've experienced the same thing with a DHS worker and my ex, because she didn't like tattoos on women, so we got basically no help due to her prejudice against my ex being a woman with tattoos.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

Then why did she resign?

answer that for me.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

She didn't help him out as much as she could, because she hadn't learned the lesson yet. We don't know what happened next. Fox news conveniently cut her off before she got to finish telling her story... Anyone surprised?

What we don't know is what she did to help this man after she learned her lesson. We don't know if she was in a position to help him after she learned her lesson (the paperwork could have already been finalized). What is truly important, is that we don't know how she handled situations like this one after she had learned her lesson.

She got fired or stepped down because, yes, this was a PR mistake. We just had a 4 star General step down over a PR mistake, it happens. Regardless of the intention, it's just easier to find another person to do the job.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join