It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Proof The NAACP Awards Racism –2010

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Hudson

Star for you! It's about time that someone owned up to their mistakes here on ATS. Usually we just see them leave the thread altogether when proven wrong.

Once again......this is why I call it Faux News.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Hudson

Most of the time I wouldn't take the time say that I was right in questioning the video from the start. I just want to say point out how odd it is that Glenn Beck would come out and say she was mistreated when he can point a finger at the NAACP. Even in an apology, this man can point fingers at how wrong everyone else has been.

It almost gives me the impression that if people can spin this to make the NAACP and the Obama administration look bad, then it's worth apologizing.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I watched the entire interview and I have to say.. I think her main point is that she realized it wasn't about race but about helping people that need her help. She, herself, put her expertise to work to help the farmer all because the lawyer wasn't doing anything.

This is an NAACP speech but her main point was that this isn't about black people, white people or whatever although racism still exists.

I thought it was a very enlightening speech! She said three things which are really important:

1) "It's not just about black people. It's about poor people."

2) "People with money want to stay in power".
"They will do whatever they need to do to keep their power".

3) "I knew that I couldn't live with hate. You know, as my mother has tried to say to so many: "if we had tried to live with hate in our hearts we'd probably be dead now." But I've come to realize that we have to work together."

-ChriS

[edit on 21-7-2010 by BlasteR]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
It's a shame that Brietbart, Drudge, Fox News, et-al all pushed this story to the point of the woman losing her job. Context is everything and this was completely a fabricated story by the far-right shills. The reason for doing so was simply to fan the flames of the sheeple and get them frothing at the mouth.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

YES!! I AGREE 100%!!

I've never seen slavery or segregation and I didn't grow up with discrimination and all my friends are different colors and cultures so I have NO IDEA why the color of MY skin makes me a racist.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

This is not about race. It is about social classes.

As long as I am forced to check a race box on a job application, there will be racism.

It's not often you can quote yourself in this world.

In video posted online, Sherrod is seen recounting her thoughts that a white farmer who came to her for aid in 1986 should go seek help from "his own kind." But the clip initially posted by blogger Andrew Breitbart failed to show the larger context of her remarks, in which Sherrod described how she had overcome such sentiments.

Source

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join