It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Proof The NAACP Awards Racism –2010

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by Stormdancer777

oh now THAT is interesting. and i'd be looking askance at breitbart now for taking part in this incident in that manner.. she was removed because she was NO LONGER RACIST. whatdya wanna bet? they think she's an uncle tom! i thought the whole uncle tom thing disappeared a few decades ago.

That didn't cross my mind.

But yes I was thinking she had overcome her resentment and done the right thing by the speech she gave.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

i think we all better be alot more vigilant in this day and age, to be sure we aren't being played like fiddles.

That's exactly what is going on, and I am more convinced then ever after watching Dr. Alveda King last week, she knows what is going on, I respect her tremendously.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

well people keep going on and on about how both parties are on the same wavelength and most of their disagreement with each other is just manufactured drama for the rest of us to argue about. i don't think that's true for every last politician, but what if, up there in the dizzying heights of the super rich and powerful, there's another agenda and it works on the premise of prejudice? you can't play if you aren't a bigot, in other words.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

there's another agenda and it works on the premise of prejudice? you can't play if you aren't a bigot, in other words.

What I think is happening is this is creating a resentment, and white folks, whatever that is, are becoming resentful of continually being called a racist if they disagree with Obama's policies,

NOW Obama calls for her resignation and he gets brownie points from the white people,

frick, I don't know.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by starlitestarbrite
reply to post by Hudson

I am proud...... But you call me a racist..
Why is it that only whites can be racists??

--Michael Richards--

Star for you, Great way of putting this all in perspective

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I'm really glad that I've waited to comment on this story for about 24 hours after it broke. The partial clip that Brietbart released does seem edited for inflamatory purposes and lacking in context.

I've seen the "white farmer" referenced in this story on CNN saying that Mrs. Sherrod helped them save their farm and couldn't have done a better job. Mrs. Sherrod also states that the whole reason this happened is the spat between the Tea Party and the NAACP.

Mrs. Sherrod was evidently wronged by Brietbart in releasing a part of a story without context, by the NAACP by how quickly they threw her under the bus, and by the government she worked for (possibly as far up as the whitehouse).

If I were a conspiracy theorist (and I am a member here) I'd think that certain entities on both sides of the political spectrum are trying to stir up racial tensions to distract an easily distracted populace from real issues.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by jefwane]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jefwane
I've seen the "white farmer" referenced in this story on CNN saying that Mrs. Sherrod helped them save their farm and couldn't have done a better job.

That's funny, considering she admits that :

I didn't give him the full force of what I could do.

Of course he didn't know any better, since he most likely wasn't aware at the time of her racist motivations.

Mrs. Sherrod was evidently wronged by Brietbart in releasing a part of a story without context, by the NAACP by how quickly they threw her under the bus, and by the government she worked for (possibly as far up as the whitehouse).

Hmm, there's plenty of context right here:

So I took him to a white lawyer. ... I figured if I would take him to one of them, his own kind would take care of him.

That's all the context one needs to see not only is she admitting she pulled a racist stunt in the past, she currently still thinks and talks that way.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloist

.........and that lawyer did not fully help Mr Spooner (I believe his name was). Mrs. Sherrod then referred him to another lawyer who was able to stop the sale of the "white man's" farm at the foreclosure sale at the courthouse steps, The farmer considers Mrs. Sherrod a family friend, and is bothered that she has been accused of what she has been accused of.

I do like a good reverse racism argument, but this ain't it.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloist

to me it sounds like she's telling the story in the past tense, so she could arrive at the place where she describes her revelation: that it was income based discrimination not racial at all, because no one who could help, wanted to help the white farmer either. it wasn't just a black problem, in other words.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
If that were true, then there would have been no reason to roll her eyes as she accused him of "acting superior" to her.

Sorry, I'm not buying it, and see right through it. Getting her and anyone else with this attitude out of a position of power sends the right message and should serve as a warning to any who think they can act and talk this way.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
m.npr.org...

More info here. It looks like it could be misleading editing. The timing is suspect with the NAACP statement against the Tea Partiers. While her actions are not right, they may be before she was in the USDA but rather in a non-profit for assisting black farmers, and it looks like she changed her mind and helped the guy more fully in the end. I will reserve final judgement for when I see the full video.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Farmer's wife say's Fired USDA official help them save their land---Atlanta Journal Constitution

Sherrod "kept us out of bankruptcy," said Eloise Spooner, 82. She and her husband Roger Sooner, who own a farm in Iron City, located in southwest Georgia, approached Sherrod in 1986 -- when she worked with the Georgia field office for the Federation of Southern Cooperative/Land Assistance Fund -- seeking assistance.

I'm less concerned about how this lady's views on race right now and more interested in Brietbart's motives and the kneejerk reaction from the NAACP and the Administration.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by jefwane]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloist

well if you were retelling a story in which a racist black person was attempting to prove he was superior to you while also asking you to help him solve his problems, you'd probably roll your eyes at that point too. the only real issue i see here is that it seems the venue was peraphs not the best place to retell the story. then again, it may have had an important impact on the members of the black community - - that it isn't a racial issue but a financial one these days.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and apologize for buying in to the hype of this video. It appears that everyone (including the white house), may have jumped the gun on this one.

I'll sure as hell never take Beitbart seriously again.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Hudson]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The NAACP has posted the entire video.
www.naacp.org...

Alot of people should be kissing her butt right now.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
The NAACP has posted the entire video.
www.naacp.org...

Alot of people should be kissing her butt right now.

Beck did that very thing today.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Hudson

All credit to you. It is very scary how this video has been manipulated to serve an agenda. I have just learned from abc News that the video goes back to 1986 and that even the farmers she cites in her '86 speech hold no malice.

Honestly, this is disgusting media manipulation and it further enforces the need for us all to question everything for ourselves before rushing to conclusions.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Just goes to show, you can't trust everything you hear. Give it some time, process it, and wait for the full footage, ALWAYS.

Just be cautious, and don't let your own desires, emotions, and opinions get in the way of truth.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Now it would be nice if the media did the same when it comes to their manipulation of footage to attack the tea parties. Of course, we know that will never happen.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
This story is way more interesting than it appeared even at first glance. Seems like out of everyone involved Mrs. Sherrod might be the most decent of all the people involved. Everyone else involved seems to have to have stepped on their metaphorical pecker in the crazy world of racial politics. Brietbart either edited or didn't have the whole video, Fox put it on the MSM way to quick and with too little context, the NAACP condemned her to quickly, and the administration forced her out on her ass way to quick.

It would be entertaining if it didn't do real harm to what looks like upon further examination a decent person.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join