It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Proof The NAACP Awards Racism –2010

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Could you imagine if the roles were reversed and this woman was white, speaking about blacks? This video would be up on every MSM paper, channel and website and we would be hearing Obama weigh in on it. Instead, because it is black on white, most people will never hear about it, unless it is to award this woman with some prize for being a hero. The hypocrisy is so thick, you can hardly focus on anything else.

This is disgusting, though not surprising. I don't think that anyone who can still rub two brain cells together would argue that the NAACP isn't racist. This video just proves what we already knew about the organization.

What really gets me, is that the NAACP is considered to be a credible organization, while any mention of the KKK or name your white supremacist group here is only mentioned with condemnation. They are the same thing, except the NAACP is far more dangerous. How could that ever be acceptable? It's hypocrisy at its finest.

You know, I don't have anything against racists. In fact, people should have the liberty to believe in whatever they want to believe in. What I have a problem with, is when racists initiate force against me and while white supremacist and neo-nazi groups don't initiate force against me (I'm Jewish), these black supremacists groups do.

Without further adieu, here is the real agenda:

--airspoon

Edited to add:

UPDATE!!!

UPDATE!!!

UPDATE!!!

Shirley Sherrod has resigned. She wasn't fired or ridiculed, she simply resigned, presumably with benefits.

The Agriculture Department announced Monday, shortly after FoxNews.com published its initial report on the video, that Sherrod had resigned.

"There is zero tolerance for discrimination at USDA, and I strongly condemn any act of discrimination against any person," Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack said in a written statement. "We have been working hard through the past 18 months to reverse the checkered civil rights history at the department and take the issue of fairness and equality very seriously.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
Source: www.foxnews.com...

Shirley Sherrod has resigned. It appears that she has now lost her job. Too bad she resigned as opposed to being fired. Why is she not going through the same ridicule as a white person who happens to accidently say something that could be taken as racially offensive? Why is she not having to put up with the same ridicule as a white person when they do something only fractionally as bad?

Anyway, where was Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson or any number of racist evangelists who claim to be against racism? Why is it that they only come out of the wood-work to condemn the actions of white, irregardless of whether they are racist or not?

Anyway, I guess it's a start that she has now lost her job, though I'm sure they will just put another racist in her position with a gag order on their real intentions.

Read the article here.

--airspoon

[edit on 20-7-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Wise Man

-Killed about 200 million Native Indians and Hispanics, enslaved them and stole their entire continent.

-Enslaved blacks for 400 years and killed about 90 million of them during transporting.

You need to learn more history, because this wasn't a white only enterprise. Not surprised you think it was though. Education these days is pretty racist in of itself.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

This is not about race. It is about social classes.

As long as I am forced to check a race box on a job application, there will be racism.

Racism has evolved into now what is called favoritism. Some people can't work around other races. It is a sad world we live in.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wise Man
Why do white people cry over racism more than anyone when they are the most racist people in the history of the planet?

Lets look at the resume in recent history:

-Killed about 200 million Native Indians and Hispanics, enslaved them and stole their entire continent.

-Enslaved blacks for 400 years and killed about 90 million of them during transporting.

I mean honestly how could this black woman possibly show favoritism.

Has anyone turned on CSPAN lately? I don't see a lot of anything besides white people. Some body fire the government.

You should see fox news shows. I have the fox news android app and when you see what shows they have all the main cast are white. Yet they fight 'racism' in their shows. But all races have some race war thing, but you are right white race has started more. Even presidents have made a part of the KKK like Truman for instance.

I have heard one white guy call the race card because he believes that blacks and Hispanics control the financial district. But most of the time you never hear a white man call racism.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

You think maybe that has something to do with whites being constantly called racists for the last few decades? People are tired of the double standards. You tell whites to act one way, then promote racism with every other group. Its ridiculous. Why cant we just treat everyone equally? Why do we have to deal with you people who think some colors live by different sets of rules from others?

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Hudson]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hudson
reply to post by defuntion

I didn't see anyone mention this yet, but this actually made it to MSM..

Fox News does not equal the story getting to the "MSM". Let me know when ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, PBS, NPR or any of the other left network covers it.

None of those networks are leftwing.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by HeavenlyDivine

None of those networks are leftwing.

Says who? You? They all get caught running cover for Democrats and Obama on a daily basis. If they aren't left wing, than Fox isn't right wing.

My guess is that you're not even American.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Hudson

I want everyone to be treated equally, but there will always be people who can't 'work' with one certain race so companies will not hire that certain race because how important that guy is to them. I have read the tablets of the sumerians and damn enlil for changing the color of our skins. We were all one color and we all worked together and that feared Enlil. This can be even read in the tower of babel in the bible.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Let me preface my remarks by saying that I am a die-hard leftie democrat. I'm about as liberal as one can get, and even I see problems with racism and preferential treatment.

As long as there are holidays/celebrations like "Black History Month", there will be racism. I am all for recognizing contributions races and people in general have made to the world, but the mere act of singling a particular race out for recognition breeds racism. It says "these people are different from you and they deserve a holiday".

To those that say "every other day celebrates the white race", I reply with "you're f-ing kidding me, right?" These people need to pull their heads out of their nether regions and take a look around at the modern world. I am not saying that racism is dead (the video in this thread is proof) but by and large, if you work hard and make the right decisions, you can do whatever you wish - regardless of what color you are.

It's a sad state today in society when ANY race is singled out for ANY FORM of preferential/celebratory treatment. We as a society will never get beyond color or creed until these "celebrations" are stamped out.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

1997 Discrimination Lawsuit Pigford vs USDA

Not one poster here mentions the legal basis of what she was discussing in that these Blacks were discriminated against for decades.

There are always two sides to every story.Not that her actions were justified but her story is a reflection upon what had transpired over many years in which many Black farmers lost their farms resulting in a lawsuit against the USDA.

On April 14, 1999, Federal District Court Judge Paul L. Friedman approved a settlement agreement and consent decree resolving a class action discrimination suit (commonly known as the Pigford case) between the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and black farmers. The suit claimed that the agency had discriminated against black farmers on the basis of race and failed to investigate or properly respond to complaints from 1983 to 1997.

Deny Ignorance.

www.nationalaglawcenter.org...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

It looks like Mr.Breitbart made good on his promise. The video does show what seems to be pretty blatant racism and a crowd of approving NAACP members.

Nothing like a tu quoque argument.

Perhaps I should point out that Breitbart has promoted the racist mockery of the ACORN videos (pimp costume in videos that he didn't actually wear inside; heavily edited videos, etc), because by this standard I just nullified HIS argument as well.

But on the topic: how exactly does this refute racism in the Tea Party movement? ESPECIALLY when they claimed they have no racism...then they fired someone for racism.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee

Not one poster here mentions the legal basis of what she was discussing in that these Blacks were discriminated against for decades.

And as long as we continue to live with one foot in the past, we will never be able to advance.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Hudson

I think people are missing the real point of this video. It's not that she was talking in front of the NAACP like that. It's that she is the State Director for the USDA, a Federal Agency. I wonder how many other Obama era appointee's hold similar views?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee

There are always two sides to every story.Not that her actions were justified but her story is a reflection upon what had transpired over many years in which many Black farmers lost their farms resulting in a lawsuit against the USDA.

On April 14, 1999, Federal District Court Judge Paul L. Friedman approved a settlement agreement and consent decree resolving a class action discrimination suit (commonly known as the Pigford case) between the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and black farmers. The suit claimed that the agency had discriminated against black farmers on the basis of race and failed to investigate or properly respond to complaints from 1983 to 1997.

Deny Ignorance.

www.nationalaglawcenter.org...

People love to point out that African-Americans have not been slaves for 150 years, and thus claim that the playing field is completely level. They ignore the difficult fact that racist laws such as Jim Crow were only rescinded in the last 50 or so, and that quiet discrimination still occurs today. Then they ask why every African-American isn't rich and successful already.

They also try to pretend that words like "honky" or "cracker" are somehow as odious as the "N-word," which is ridiculous. The underclass has no power, so epithets against the predominant ethnicity/race are completely without power.

I live in an area near an old "Sundown Town" that has only had black residents in the past decade or so. This is a place where every black person I've known avoids, even if they just need to stop and get gas right off the interstate. Sure, that's a bit extreme since there hasn't been racial violence in many, many years, but the unofficial racism still exists. There was a national news story a few years ago about this town and one random resident was interviewed in a café by CNN. She was asked about discrimination by private businesses and she said "I don't have a problem with them living here...but I don't want to have to eat with them." No hesitation on her part. No weighing her words, or trying to sugarcoat them.

Who would say that without knowing there would be no repercussions for her? She obviously knew her friends, family and coworkers agreed with that belief, or she would have avoided that kind of answer.

But still, people LOVE to point to "Ooh, look! Those black people have a problem with white people!"

Can you blame them? These apologists keep saying "Everything's fine. Why are 'you people' always so angry?" Is there any wonder that some African-Americans might mistrust white people just a little bit?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Video Proof The NAACP Awards Racism –2010

biggovernment.com

We are in possession of a video from in which Shirley Sherrod, USDA Georgia Director of Rural Development, speaks at the NAACP Freedom Fund dinner in Georgia. In her meandering speech to what appears to be an all-black audience, this federally appointed executive bureaucrat lays out in stark detail, that her federal duties are managed through the prism of race and class distinctions.

Your idea of "awarding" is quite different from mine:

www.foxnews.com...

The NAACP released a statement late Monday condemning Sherrod's admission.

"We are appalled by her actions, just as we are with abuses of power against farmers of color and female farmers," the statement said.

"Her actions were shameful," it continued. "While she went on to explain in the story that she ultimately realized her mistake, as well as the common predicament of working people of all races, she gave no indication she had attempted to right the wrong she had done to this man."

Unless, of course, you're claiming that the people at this luncheon are indicative of the entire NAACP. If so, then the many, MANY examples of racism among the Tea Party means that the Tea Party is racist.

Do you want to hold the NAACP to a higher standard than the Tea Party movement? Or do the rules apply evenly?

You guys really need to stop playing this game, because you're muddying your own arguments and making yourselves look ridiculous.

[edit on 7/20/10 by mothershipzeta]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mothershipzeta

Yes, but.... There is BS strewn all over both sides of the fences.

When someone says that the slave traders killed 'this many' of the slaves on the trans-Atlantic crossings, there is some BS involved. An analogy would be if a ships captain was hauling cattle across the ocean and decided it would be a good idea to dump half of them in the ocean on the way to his destination.
Duuh comes to mind.

I think we would be a lot better off if we lived in a colorblind society, as in no White Entertainment Network, White Expos or Miss White America.

Oops, strike that, substitute black for white there.

See what I mean? There is no need to ask what race someone is on a form(census, college entrance, etc.) , just the fact that they are filling out the paperwork should prove that they are human, that is what's important.

Obama could fill his race slot out on a form three different ways, and no one will say he is wrong. He could write in black, white or mixed race. It is pretty silly.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

But on the topic: how exactly does this refute racism in the Tea Party movement? ESPECIALLY when they claimed they have no racism...then they fired someone for racism.

One has nothing to do with the other, except to show the hypocrisy of people like you and the NAACP.

You guys really need to stop playing this game, because you're muddying your own arguments and making yourselves look ridiculous.

Who is "you guys"? Breitbart only put this tape out because the NAACP and the MSM were working together to label the tea parties racist. If anyone is "playing games", its the mass media and groups like the NAACP. Your outrage is misplaced.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Hudson]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Seems to me that today in America,

If a african american makes a racist statment, its labeled a heritage right.

If a Caucasion makes a racist statement, he is labeled a racist.

If an american indian makes a racist remark, he is told to shut up, he doesnt know what racisim is.

Just the way I see things going in recent history.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by oubliette]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
How can she claim that her remarks were taken "out of context"? I got the context of her statements in the video. It shows that obviously white Americans are not the only people who are capable of, and practice, racism.

BTW: just to clarify, I'd sooner shoot a neo-nazi or KKK member than not; I was in the Navy, and we all bleed red, but racism is still just racism, no matter who is pushing it.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Unless, of course, you're claiming that the people at this luncheon are indicative of the entire NAACP. If so, then the many, MANY examples of racism among the Tea Party means that the Tea Party is racist.

There aren't many though. There are like 3 that the media replays over and over. Some of the accusations are completely baseless or manufactured through video editing.

I find it funny that you almost got the point of all this, then it seemed to just go over your head. The whole reason Breitbart put this video out was to show the hypocrisy of calling a movement racist because you have one or two examples of racists. This hysteria aboutt he tea parties has been totally manufactured by the media.

Just look at how these media people talk about taking heat off Obama by calling Republicans racist.

dronetek.net...

In one instance, Spencer Ackerman of the Washington Independent urged his colleagues to deflect attention from Obama’s relationship with Wright by changing the subject. Pick one of Obama’s conservative critics, Ackerman wrote, “Fred Barnes, Karl Rove, who cares — and call them racists.”

www.salon.com...

Journolist scandal: Liberals planned open letter

Tucker Carlson's "The Daily Carlsoner" has published another piece of stunning investigative journalism, by which I mean "someone has forwarded them another Journolist thread."

Journolist was an email listserv made up of hundreds of liberal commentators and journalists. Its existence made conservatives very mad, because they were not allowed to join it.

This series of emails is even more explosive than the ones that took down Dave Weigel. This one proves that there was a vast, left-wing conspiracy to call Republicans racist and force everyone to stop talking about Reverend Jeremiah Wright in 2008.

Now maybe you see how this race business has all been a ploy to cover for Obama and Democrats? Probably not......

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join