It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Members Confirm Gulf Floor Leaks

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a lot of people and there families work in the oil industry alot of innovation and safty is a direct result the desire to do better raptor speaks defensive it's a deep passion, some are warrior's, some are miner's fireman police etc...

Alot of negativity is being shunned sown on oil and the people who make it happen, When really the problems arose from higher management

It's the act of responability, the outcome was from result of an act, not the whole, the whole does not act in this case. Someone acted and this is that cause. focus for the act that is where the truth lies.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by mr20121221]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morpheas

We were watching the live feeds and shortly after

can you honestly tell the difference between a live feed and a recorded earlier feed?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Government now admitting oil leaking from another "distant well" according to CNN

www.cnn.com...?video=true&hpt=T1

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
It sure looks like a ground weak spot. I expected the piping to burst under pressure but a fissure like that would cause that bottomless pit to erupt until it ran dry. BP has a problem not knowing what "real time" means.

Wouldnt they open a vent if this were the case?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
IT LEAKS ALL OVER, NUKE IT NOW. I thought and hoped i would never have to say that, but i was wrong. I also wonder, since there are other wells out there, if you nuke it, are the other wells sucking from the same oil pocket. IF SO, we will not be able to nuke it either. And with the bottom of the ocean leaking in fissures and cracks all over, HOW ARE WE GOING TO STOP THIS MONSTER?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nite owl

Lets all just go watch The Simpsons or Desperate Housewives and forget about it.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
This was posted on google 10 minutes ago.

The top U.S. government official overseeing the oil spill response expressed concern late Sunday about a seep of oil on the seafloor near the recently capped well in the Gulf of Mexico.

online.wsj.com...

It seems we may be in for trouble. What timing!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morpheas

Edit: I believe that there was a burst in this capture, but after looking closer at the image I believe the cracks, collapse look, is an optical illusion from the plume casting a shadow.

I doubt if it's a shadow, it's lying in the wrong direction if the light is mounted on the camera, if there were multiple lights there may not be any shadow or many shadows.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nite owl
HOW ARE WE GOING TO STOP THIS MONSTER?

Massive amounts of JB WELD!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
So what does this mean to the layman?

What is being sent up from the cracks and how dangerous is this new development?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I'm sorry to say but the OP's posted video shows nothing but sand and silt being thrown up, probably by the ROV's propulsion.

Is it a video showing a clear fissure in the seafloor leaking oil? No, it is not.

If you compare what crude oil looks like in water and then soft thin silt/sand billowing, they look nothing alike.

Who knows, maybe I'm wrong. But how very extremely typical of ATS to run with it to the extremes and announce "ATS members CONFIRMED oil leak from ocean bed".

This is wrong, ignorant and incredibly alarmist. You haven't confirmed anything.

Are there seafloor leaks? Probably IMHO.

Is this a video of one? All indications say no, it is more than likely sand but we cannot know for absolute 100% certainty.

ATS.... Please. Don't get so carried away by things.. We have a horrible track record for blowing things out of proportion, and a kind of ATS community sickness where we all feed off each others alarmism till we build this situation where everyone is convinced with absolute certainty in what they are claiming.

Look at what happened with Swine Flu and martial law for an example....

This isn't clear confirmation of a seabed rupture. Sorry.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Nuke it? Do your homework and see what type of rock you are dealing with down there...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

It must be getting bad because they are no longer covering it up, I just heard one of the Fox News breaks on WNIS. They are Detecting Methane as well as seepage in the ocean floor.

The government and BP are now arguing about what they are going to do.

Not good ...this has "the towering inferno" scenario written all over it with the bickering factor now.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Krycheck

I just read that myself.. Not good. At all.

If this is true, then that means the wellbore is breached below the seafloor.

If the wellbore is breached, that means the relief wells are not going to work. (Depending where there breach is)

If there is a breach downhole we better start praying that it is above the targeted area for the relief wells and not below.

If it is deep down the hole where the leak is getting into the seafloor then the relief wells would either have to be started all over again or continued from where they are, however the time frame would have to be extended depending on where the breach is. Maybe months.

They definitely won't be able to keep the cap on either way. Ouch BP....

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Nomad451]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Well it keeps getting worse the latest newsbreak on WNIS.

They just said they also detected an "anomaly" near the wellhead besides the seepage.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Krycheck]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
This is a hoax. There have been no leaks reported and they are extending the integrity test. Just look on cnn.

LOL look again buddy, now your beloved main stream media is reporting it...

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I noticed that once it was confirmed by other sources than ATS CajunRaptor suddenly stopped posting.

Well, back on topic, we have in fighting with BP and the government AGAIN! This is getting insane.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Cowgirlstraitup7

I noticed that once it was confirmed by other sources than ATS CajunRaptor suddenly stopped posting.

I noticed this too. He didn't understand my post at all. I never said stop all drilling. I said the moratorium Obama enacted was the right thing to do and we should do the same to a Chevron project off of Newfoundland until more geological information is known about mantle depth drilling and the pressure and toxic compounds found in these deep wells. It's the prudent thing to do.

The fissures have been reported for near a month. I know Richard C. Hoagland is annoying and a loud mouth about most things, however I do have to give him credit in that he's been on Coast to Coast AM for at least a month talking about the fissures and the large Methane chamber that may have been hit. To me and most on here who have been paying attention this is not new at all.

The only new thing is that they are close to the BOP. Hoagland was saying a couple of weeks ago that his sources have said that the seafloor had risen close to 30' feet under the BOP and this had damaged the well bore even more.

Like running water, gas will exploit any little crack it finds and make bigger cracks until a path of least resistance is established. This is indeed a dangerous situation.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Cajun Raptor

They'll get it once the drilling rigs are gone overseas, the oilfield crashes and we become more dependant on foreign oil and the prices go up at the pumps

people fail to see that the hardworking people down here have supplied them for many years with oil for their needs

We are now being punished for it:

tourism is way down because a company screwed up
fishing shrimping and oystering have been shut down
the moretorium is greatly damaging the whole oil and gas industry

this all affects local businesses hotels restaurants the waitress movie theater ice cream store and so on

why is it.....
they don't ground all planes when when one crashes
they didn't shut down a bunch of coal mines after the disaster at the upper big branch coal mine a few weeks before the dh disaster
they didn't close down every sky scraper after 9/11

our government did not do their job
they are as guilty as bp
the slow response after Katrina and the aftermath pales compared
to the response by our goverment in this disaster
the more oil mess everywhere the angrier people get- at bp and the oil industry
more oil mess equals more people to push for cleaner energy and cap and tax

mms and our federal government are as guilty of this mess as is bp
funny how we don't keep hearing the potus pointing his finger at mms
when are they going to be put on the stand like bp was?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by LAinhabitant

Because one plane crash doesn't affect the food we eat, the water we swim in, the air we breath, kill the birds and sea life.

Common sense........got some??"???

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join