It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Members Confirm Gulf Floor Leaks

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
The word is FISSURES...not 'fishers'. Please get it right. There is a world of difference.
I WILL CHANGE THAT, THANK YOU.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I feel i have to say something about people on here who just start slagging people off, What is wrong with people who do this, If you do not agree with somebody its fine , Just have your say but why get personal, Free speech and express your views is what makes this site a very good and informative one.

Nite owl you're ok buddy

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nite owl

Here is the link to the video you referenced.

youtube

I think time will prove us right about there being other leaks.

Peace

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FearNoEvil

Here is the link to the video you referenced.

youtube

I think time will prove us right about there being other leaks.

Peace
YES, that is the video. SEE the crack, it goes out of camera view. Now how can they honestly do a reasonable test with large cracks like that down there all over, still spewing?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
hosted.ap.org...

Just released from AP

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
That is freaking ocean debris nothing out of the ordinary!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
www.wxii12.com...
Leak confirmed?

[edit on 18-7-2010 by fromtheheart66]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I've watched a lot of feeds and seen "stuff" coming up from the sea floor that was no where near an ROV. However, there are so many possibilities besides leaks - like sudden currents kicking up debris and so on.

I'm not 100% convinced yet but I'm sure as # not believing BP or MSM right away. They have changed their stories too many times.

Just the fact that BP never reached their 8000-9000 psi is a good clue there are leaks coming from the breached bore. I think they supposedly only reached 6700 psi.

BP has mislead us before.

We need to keep watching - I know I will.

Hopefully the bottom kill will still work.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Nothing is confirmed, the second article is reporting on what the AP has reported. They said they know if it is a leak or not!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Cajun Raptor

I'm pretty sure it said they had found a leak, but were not sure wether it was oil, methane, or something else. Not looking good though, I think these guys are flying on a wing and a prayer.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
www.google.com...

I guess somebody finally wanted to get the word out! I really hope someone can nail down where the leak is. One source said if the navy took over operations, maybe they could send a sub of some type to really see whats going on.

I really wonder if its getting closer to the officials saying "People, we have a major problem thats developing in the Gulf". Here come the evacuations..... I would think its pretty major for a big news source to let this out.

Mstkn

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The reports of leaks from fissures in the seafloor are not hoaxes. The NOAA ship "Thomas Jefferson" reported finding fissures spewing out oil & gas several miles from the well, as well as those ROV feeds people have posted. I'm not a doomsdayer and want to see this thing blow, I just want the truth on what is really happening because this does have serious effects for the planet if it's releasing large amounts of Methane(BigTime Greenhouse gas).

Here's a neat link that shows all the vessel positions and tracks from their AIS Transponders. It gives you a nice visual for the ROV feeds in terms of where the vessels are relative to each other.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by troye2407

Just wanted to confirm that I have spent many hours watching the ROVs and I have seen this and these kinds of pics with some frequency. Usually the ROV pretty quickly focuses somewhere else when this happens. BP moved the goalposts quite a bit on the pressure terst, BTW. They were looking for between 8 and 10k psi when they started but scaled it back to say 7500 and then 6500k or so was enough when that was all they were getting up to. This doesn't look good, but I'm still hoping they have enough well casing that hasn't blown to still get the relief well accomplished.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DEEZNUTZ

THIS is exactly what i've been saying on here, thank you. I heard the lady reporter say, what about the small earthquake that happened? did you hear about this, to the president. GEE, NO WONDER WE HAVE FISSURES EVERYWHERE. I caught wind of the reporters question. when talking to obama on the video. YOU have to listen carefully, to hear her question. YOU KNOW, that this is on a fault. lets hope that they fix this thing before another small earthquake rumbles a bit.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by nite owl]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
It all comes down to the arrogance of these oil companies. They know very little about mantle depth drilling and this disaster is a prime example. Nobody knows what the pressures are at these depths. I've written my MP and encouraged anyone who will listen to do the same and impose similar moratoriums here on deep water drilling and mantle depth drilling(land/sea) until a full scientific review can be conducted on the types of pressure and toxins(more radioactive) that are present in these deep wells.

Chevron has a license to drill one of these off of Newfoundland and it's even deeper than Deepwater Horizon! Until we know more about the dangers associated with drilling at these depths I think a moratorium is the proper course of action no matter what the economic impact. We can't keep destroying the planet in the name of our economies it's that simple. I fear that if we do the planet will turn on us and probably already has and we will lose big time.

Deez

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Why do i get the feeling that the more oil spews along with pressure release will trigger an earthquake, which in turn will cause more and even bigger cracks for oil to gush even more.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Well it seems that even the MSM is actually reporting on a seafloor seep near the well.
Here is the link:

Seep found near BP well

According to reports, BP is not complying with the government to go investigate and monitor the seeps.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ
It all comes down to the arrogance of these oil companies. They know very little about mantle depth drilling and this disaster is a prime example. Nobody knows what the pressures are at these depths. I've written my MP and encouraged anyone who will listen to do the same and impose similar moratoriums here on deep water drilling and mantle depth drilling(land/sea) until a full scientific review can be conducted on the types of pressure and toxins(more radioactive) that are present in these deep wells.

Chevron has a license to drill one of these off of Newfoundland and it's even deeper than Deepwater Horizon! Until we know more about the dangers associated with drilling at these depths I think a moratorium is the proper course of action no matter what the economic impact. We can't keep destroying the planet in the name of our economies it's that simple. I fear that if we do the planet will turn on us and probably already has and we will lose big time.

Deez

Fast Food is making Americans fat! Lets put a moritorium on all fast food! Good job, you put THOUSANDS of people out of a job not to account for the many other THOUSANDS that relly on the buisness!

Everyone has stakes in any buisness! Do you not realize if a whole industry goes down in modern day it will effect EVERYTHING!

[edit on 18-7-2010 by Cajun Raptor]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

My point exactly. You don't give a rats ass that we may not have a planet that is hospitable to our lives but as long as people can keep working a few more years it's all OK.

Great thinking on your part, let's just ignore all the long term negative effects for short term gain. I surely hope you never become a leader. I'm sorry for personally attacking you but comments like these deserve the response they get.

Keep living in denial, you'll eventually reach the steps needed to deal with your problems.

Deez

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ

My point exactly. You don't give a rats ass that we may not have a planet that is hospitable to our lives but as long as people can keep working a few more years it's all OK.

Great thinking on your part, let's just ignore all the long term negative effects for short term gain. I surely hope you never become a leader. I'm sorry for personally attacking you but comments like these deserve the response they get.

Keep living in denial, you'll eventually reach the steps needed to deal with your problems.

Deez

Seeing I work in the oil industry, I would like to keep my job thank you very much.

Let me shut down your job for 6th months and see how you feel.

Your acting like this happens EVERYDAY! This is not your coastline that is getting destroyed by oil. This coast belongs to the people of the Gulf Coastal states of America. Frankly no one down here wants to see this happen but it is a way of life. For heavens sake, people like you try to control us and tell us what is better for us. What I want is what I want. Go control someone else, no me or my job.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join