It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Members Confirm Gulf Floor Leaks

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Cajun Raptor

Do you work on a rig?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Not currently, used to until the moritorium. I now build equipment used on the rigs.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Money aside from working in the oil industry what do love about the job you do?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Hello all,

This is my first post on ATS and I hope that I am in the right forum.

I normally monitor BP's live feeds a few times a day. This afternoon all I got was black screens on all feeds.

I noticed that CNN was still streaming a live feed so not getting a feed direct from BP didn't make sense.

By the way, I need to say that I live in Canada and watch the feeds using my IP address given to me by my ISP. When I turned on a US based proxy server I was able to watch the feeds.

This restriction on who can watch the feeds is new; Up until yesterdayI watched with a canadian IP address.

Sounds like BP is trying to limit the number of people that can watch this disaster.

I hope this information helps anyone who can no longer get the feeds due to where they live.

Thanks

Sandman102

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
It is pretty much a tradition passed down the family. I guess I can also say a sort of pride we bring to people in the coastal South. We are proud of our industry and we take pride that this has never happend before now.

The rigs do offer great areas for sea creatures to spawn and flurish.

Granted we are not proud that we destroyed our own wetlands due to our ignorace in how to maintain our wetlands. We are a proud people who celebrates our heritage in the oil industry.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cajun Raptor
It is pretty much a tradition passed down the family. I guess I can also say a sort of pride we bring to people in the coastal South. We are proud of our industry and we take pride that this has never happend before now.

Granted we are not proud that we destroyed our own wetlands due to our ignorace in how to maintain our wetlands. We are a proud people who celebrates our heritage in the oil industry.
WHAT ARE YOU KIDDING ME, never happened until now. OH MY GOD.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by nite owl

WHAT ARE YOU KIDDING ME, never happened until now. OH MY GOD.

Seems like someone knows better than me again. Nothing on this scale has never happend before, is that more politically correct for you? It has been years since something like this happend. 20 or 25 years to estimate.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
go to ( there is another bp oil spill), on you tube. The statement you made is soooo ignorant. DO you need more proof? raptor

[edit on 18-7-2010 by nite owl]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

go to ( there is another bp oil spill), on you tube. The statement you made is soooo ignorant. DO you need more proof?

You are such a troll

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Again you missed the whole point I was trying to make. Yeah this is the 1st time there has been a disaster of this scale and to say it doesn't affect us all is ignorant. If more oil gets into the Atlantic then it affects everything that depends on the Atlantic. And yes I have had my industry shut down by others. I use to work on ships hauling logs that paid me $85000/year but thanks to the US and their bogus softwood lumber dispute the industry has been destroyed and thousands laid off.

And again you missed the fact that I said there should be a moratorium on deepwater drilling and mantle depth drilling as not enough is known about the formations they are taping into and obviously the technology does not exist to handle any problems that arise as proven by BP. Once those items are satisfied and it can be done safely then I'm all for drilling at these depths. Until then it's the prudent course of action so we can mitigate any future calamities.

Only looking at short term gains and ignoring the long term effects of this is just plain stupid. And to go back to your argument that fast food is making people fat and unhealthy thus we should shut down the fast food industry again makes my point to the logic of your argument. You are again taking short term gains at the expense of the long term picture of peoples health.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
This is a hoax. There have been no leaks reported and they are extending the integrity test. Just look on cnn.

An administration official familiar with the spill oversight, however, told The Associated Press that a seep and possible methane were found near the busted oil well. The official spoke on condition of anonymity Sunday because an announcement about the next steps had not been made yet.

BP, feds clash over reopening capped Gulf oil well.

By COLLEEN LONG and HARRY R. WEBER, Associated Press Writers Colleen Long And Harry R. Weber, Associated Press Writers – 1 hr 43 mins ago
NEW ORLEANS – BP and the Obama administration offered significantly differing views Sunday on whether the capped Gulf of Mexico oil well will have to be reopened, a contradiction that may be an effort by the oil giant to avoid blame if crude starts spewing again.

Pilloried for nearly three months as it tried repeatedly to stop the leak, BP PLC capped the nearly mile-deep well Thursday and wants to keep it that way. The government's plan, however, is to eventually pipe oil to the surface, which would ease pressure on the fragile well but would require up to three more days of oil spilling into the Gulf.

news.yahoo.com...

BP has now caused the worst oil disaster on record and we wont see the end of this if that sea floor shelf gives way and slides witch is very possible given the vast oil and gas pocket they hit. The gases will tear that place apart if they don't relive the pressure on that cap. I hate to see it come off but thats better than never being able to stop it.

I say nuke it to fuse the rock and sand deep down the relief well and all will be fine, If they don't then they are complicate to treason of planet earth and everything dear to us.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by soleprobe
OK guys... look... what ever it is you saw might have been taped 20 years ago... yes ... technology these days can do that and you know you're dealing with BP... known liars. So instead of saying "confirm integrity test FAILED!!" why not be safe and say "confirm integrity test 'appears to have' FAILED!!

Pretty much this.

BP has been known to lie, so why aren't any of these underwater feeds suspect?

If they lied about A, B and C, then how is H, I and J not examined with the same scrutiny -- from the same source. I've always found it odd that these "live feeds" were taken as gospel -- from the same source we know cannot be trusted.

Kinda hard to explain...sorry if I failed in my point.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Actually something like this did happen before in the Gulf back in the last century, in Mexican water, and I hear oil can still be found on the Texas coast. We in Canada are hoping to not have it happen off Newfoundland. Those waters are rough.
Thanks everyone for keeping the world informed. Thanks to ATS forums for the information. Love the interchange, dislike the personal attacks.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Fox radio is saying there are unconfirmed reports of methane leaking 'somewhere in the area of' the capped well. Heard it about 20 minutes ago on my way home.

Anyone else hearing this? Not on their webpage as far as I saw. Entire thing is very confusting at this point, you can go on 4 different MSM sites and get 4 different up-to-the-minute updates.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

go to ( there is another bp oil spill), on you tube. The statement you made is soooo ignorant. DO you need more proof?

You are such a troll
NEED MORE PROOF, HERE LET ME HELP YOU. GO to you tube now and type in this. (Matt simmons: " theres another leak, much bigger, 5 to6 miles away." flv) TRY THAT ON FOR SIZE. Oh im sorry, what an even bigger hole. Come on now BP , tell the truth.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Just to let you all know BP didn't want to do the live feeds.. this was a request by the gov.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Breaking news on CNN.com (no link yet):

Testing of BP well integrity "detected seep a distance from the well" in the Gulf of Mexico, Ret. Adm. Thad Allen says.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Takamuri
Breaking news on CNN.com (no link yet):

Testing of BP well integrity "detected seep a distance from the well" in the Gulf of Mexico, Ret. Adm. Thad Allen says.

MSM link here for confirmation:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Excerpt:

Retired Coast Guard Adm. Thad Allen will make the final decisions on the next step. The official said Allen would issue a letter to BP shortly allowing testing to proceed in 24-hour increments, but also requiring more analysis of the seep and the possible observation of methane over the well. If Allen doesn't get the response he wants, the testing could stop, the official said.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

You are such a troll
NEED MORE PROOF, HERE LET ME HELP YOU. GO to you tube now and type in this. (Matt simmons: " theres another leak, much bigger, 5 to6 miles away." flv) TRY THAT ON FOR SIZE. Oh im sorry, what an even bigger hole. Come on now BP , tell the truth.
MAYBE, they cut the feeds because they don't want us to find out about the other hole.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Good catch, OP- but I didn't need to see it. From the data released, Ida bet GOLD, that oil was leaking-up, all around the well-head (5 mile radius!)
Would SOMEONE, please provide lists of MAJOR BP board members, their addresses, etc?? Post them, on several sites, of course!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join