It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Members Confirm Gulf Floor Leaks

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krycheck
Well it keeps getting worse the latest newsbreak on WNIS.

They just said they also detected an "anomaly" near the wellhead besides the seepage.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Krycheck]

Was there any indication of what this anomaly was....? And who was talking about it - anyone official ?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

Do you work in the patch? One of my insiders with a long history in the field told me this evening that the psi of 6800, seepage in the seabed probably means it was a poor cement job ant the relief wells will probably work

that does not sound too bad to me

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I opened this thread to read it about 8 or 9 hours ago and haven't been able to sit down and actually do so until just now. And this was after I read about the leak on The Guardian news website, here is the link:
www.guardian.co.uk...

I don't know whoever of you keep saying there is no leak and it's all just mud etc. I guess I didn't see the mud and perhaps there was mud being kicked up by the gas that is leaking, but there is definitely a very big leak being reported.

Good job and the catch OP.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Cowgirlstraitup7

let me think about this a moment- common sense tells me when something wrong happens you go after the wrong doer. After 9/11 which killed 2752 people the us went after the terrorist group that was supposedly behind the disaster. In this case the wrong doers are mms (fed gov) and bp. So going after mms and bp makes sense, not going after every drilling company. After all 11 people were killed as well as the gross damage to the environment and wildlife and seafood.

Using your common sense the gov should shut down every restaurant in the us when an outbreak of Food poisoning breaks out. I disagree with that too.

I also disagree with your opinion that I have no common sense. I also disagree with trying to belittle people. It is not very nice. In the event you are just having a bad day, I hope tomorrow is a better one for you!

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by LAinhabitant
reply to post by Cowgirlstraitup7

let me think about this a moment- common sense tells me when something wrong happens you go after the wrong doer. After 9/11 which killed 2752 people the us went after the terrorist group that was supposedly behind the disaster. In this case the wrong doers are mms (fed gov) and bp. So going after mms and bp makes sense, not going after every drilling company. After all 11 people were killed as well as the gross damage to the environment and wildlife and seafood.

Using your common sense the gov should shut down every restaurant in the us when an outbreak of Food poisoning breaks out. I disagree with that too.

I also disagree with your opinion that I have no common sense. I also disagree with trying to belittle people. It is not very nice. In the event you are just having a bad day, I hope tomorrow is a better one for you!

I agree with Cowgirlstraitup7: LAinhabitant is not thinking straight. Drilling was stopped for fear of systemic problems that might be there with all deep water drilling. Such thinking and actions don’t apply to the food supply, etc.

Get some common sense *SNIP*

[edit on 19-7-2010 by etcorngods]

Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory

[edit on Mon Jul 19 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by etcorngods

I am against the deepwater moretorium as are thousands of other people here in Louisiana. That includes many of the offshore workers who work on these rigs that you are so afraid that something may happen on. I have the right to have that opinion.

I have an acurate perception of myself and take responsibilty for my shortcomings. My sense of self and self confidence doesn't require that I look good in other peoples eyes. Therefore I have no need or reason to attempt to belittle others or be arrogant. I don't need to impress you or anyone else or put anyone down to puff myself up or feel good about myself. People who do those things usually have low self esteem. I suggest you sit and contemplate why you felt the need to jump on the wagon with Cowgirl and claim that someone you don't even know has no common sense. One should have enough self control to read and respectfully disagree with another persons opinion and discuss those opinions without attacking the person themself.

I am pretty new here and recently started posting. Thank- you and Cowgirl for the warm and friendly welcome.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
sad how ats members know more than fox news and cnn

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by LAinhabitant

I've been waiting weeks to see a thread on ATS about the oil rigs leaving the area. Apparently on one is paying much attention to that news. It was just yesterday I saw an article on Foxnews.com about it. drilling ban cost jobs

These rigs are going to leave and be under 5 or 10 year contracts in other parts of the world. Diamond Moving Second Rig Out of Gulf, Congo-Bound

This is a shame. Lost jobs and lost resources. Disasters happen in every industry, this one is just on a larger scale, both area & environmental. My point is an entire area should not lose 140K jobs because of one company's greed and our governments failure to bring the situation under control.

Welcome to ATS LAinhabitant, sorry you were greeted so harshly. Some people let their passion get the best of them or show the worse of them, take your pick.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by CalenderI don't know whoever of you keep saying there is no leak and it's all just mud etc.

its not a leak .. its a gusher. and remember that bpgov is *ONLY* showing us what they want. they own/rent/license all rovs and totally control every single video feed/pic we see.

forums like ats, tol, glp, and others are FILLED with [probably paid] shills who post lies that pollute the forums just like their oil is polluting the gulf.

dont argue with them .. IGNORE 'EM.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by elcapitano75

i am a beleiver that there is more going on then we are being told but it sure does look like a shadown and then mud from the rover but when paniced we all make i dunno but really????

Be Well

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
We have focus our attention who are the one's that acted to make the effect a crisis, who sent the shutoff valve to china for modification and was it tested and by who, how was it tested. Some one has made accountable decissions, responsible act's!
Who was the BP officer that was in the oil rig platform while the dicussion was happening on sealing the cap off, and said they were going to do it his way rather than crew who had many years of work experience proffesionals and a long history of team effort and safty effort.

someone in BP is hiding this or these inviduals from surfacing, there still there
I can feel there presence in the gulf effort, hindering and abusive sneeky, you can not hide in other's, the wolves await.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
As Mr. Orwell said so well.

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LAinhabitant

I am with LA on this for one VERY simple reason.

Almost 4,000 offshores rigs and no major accidents in over 20 years
in the Gulf area.

eatingjellyfish.com...

If the rigs are deep water high pressure rigs with a profile like
the current leaking one by all means shut them down.

If they are even close to its profile, shut them down.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Cajun Raptor

Ok I have read your posts and I see you work in the oil industry am I right? With that being the case then you should know more than most as to what happens if the well casing is compromised, am I right? Ok when BP was doing the top kill and abruptly stopped they had said that the well casing has to have been compromised or the top kill would have worked. I ask you this where is the build up of pressure supposed to go now that the only place it had to go is now blocked. As far as I know pressure does not just subside unless another way to escape is available. I am not a genius, but even I know that when pressure builds the only way to reduce the pressure is to give it an alternate route to escape.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I have a question that maybe someone can answer for me. My question is how does a shadow get on the sea floor 5000 ft down? To form a shadow wouldn't there have to be an object casting that shadow? And where is the light source that is causing this shadow? It could be the plume causing this, but one has to think wouldn't there would be a much larger shadow being seen.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

so you think it is ok to drill in "deep waters" with out the "know how" and if an other "HORIZON" happens so be it, at least we had to jobs? this disaster has not stopped! I for one do not think it can be. Is it man made or is the earth saying ENOUGH! I feel that no one will know nor tell, think of the gulf as an egg shell, how many holes can one put in it before it cracks? and that is what man has done.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
New News...
www.businessinsider.com...
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Cap is also leaking. They are prob. going to take the cap off.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

That also means another big dose of corexit in the gulf..........

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

Every day the info coming from the gulf just seems to get better and better. I think we all in someway knew this was going to happen. Since the top kill problem they had it almost looks like the Keystone Cops were running this operation. I find it amusing that they had the large skimmer ship come from europe and they cannot even use it now. That is one expensive boat trip.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Trust me, I'm in the "BP sucks, this is a disaster, and things are probably worse than being reported" amp, but to assume that this 'burping' doesn't happen on the time, anyway, and is a direct result of the the BOP incident is an awful big assumption. We're just only paying attention to it, now.

[edit on 7/19/2010 by SquirrelNutz]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join