It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Members Confirm Gulf Floor Leaks

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

REALLY all that light is artificial ? it projects shadows as does sunlight??? anyways.......

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
I have a question that maybe someone can answer for me. My question is how does a shadow get on the sea floor 5000 ft down? To form a shadow wouldn't there have to be an object casting that shadow? And where is the light source that is causing this shadow? It could be the plume causing this, but one has to think wouldn't there would be a much larger shadow being seen.

shadows are formed by light. you are seeing things 5000 feet under the water because there is lighting being used. if there were no light, you would not be able to see anything.

EDITed to add: And before i get flamed for something i didnt say...i am not speculating on whether the 'crack' in question is a shadow or a crack, or an optical illusion. I'm just answering your question about how shadows form.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by justadood]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by upstateman

Originally posted by CalenderI don't know whoever of you keep saying there is no leak and it's all just mud etc.

its not a leak .. its a gusher. and remember that bpgov is *ONLY* showing us what they want. they own/rent/license all rovs and totally control every single video feed/pic we see.

forums like ats, tol, glp, and others are FILLED with [probably paid] shills who post lies that pollute the forums just like their oil is polluting the gulf.

dont argue with them .. IGNORE 'EM.

Yawn. People here just LOVE to attack anyone who doesnt agree with them and call them 'shills' and 'government agents' instead of challenging the ideas they present like an intelligent, informed ATSer should.

If you cant argue the topic, just lurk. Attacking the person is not encouraged as per the TOS, and is not a sign of reasoned, intelligent debate.

It is an attitude better suited to grade school playgrounds, not a forum of intelligent people.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
You kind of have to look at the pic's with your minds eye, nobody can really physical look at the crack for themselves, that Yellow basket has some good weight to it, it would take a good amount of force pressure to move it, it has been there in that position for days up till that eruption burst, sitting level and flat.
now the yellow basket in the pic is drop over, Since the ROV hovers above everything and the light casts forward and down what shadow is there unless your looing at a distance of depth and width, it's a fractor of width and depth there is no other shadows there.
right afterwards it cleared the ROV's turned away than all kinds of silt debris was moving around than the camera tuns back and the yellow basket has a few boyancy lifters added to the one side another tool bin added and the silt pushed back to cover it up.

If it is normal occurance why go to the trouble of fixing and covering back up.
The zone that BOP is in, is on a fault that runs right up to the st lawrence
So your going to have natual occurances of fractors, and fractors will take the easiest root and follow towards another crack, The Well hole is fractored all the way round it and badly cemented. How long it lasts only time will tell.

This kind of drilling can not be done fast, Has to be done slowly steadly so the well wall is cemented good and solid and binds so its strengthens the entire length, over time it becomes stronger than the steel.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Thanks for the welcome. The economic situation is going to be a mess between the oil ruining the fishing/ shrimping and tourism industry and the moretorium adding the loss of another 140,000 jobs on top of that. People were finally starting to feel things were getting better aftr Rita and Katrina.

I heard a great story today- folks in northern La found out a bunch of people were bringing their pets to their vets cause they couldn't afford them any longer. So they sent a large supply of pet food down so people could keep their animals. I thought it was a touching story.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech
reply to post by LAinhabitant

I am with LA on this for one VERY simple reason.

Almost 4,000 offshores rigs and no major accidents in over 20 years
in the Gulf area.

Pretty decent record if ya ask me!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
This is why I frequent ATS. Literally the diamond among the coal - we knew this long before the MSM reported anything. Helluva good job ATS members!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsup
Something I have been pointing out, and other ATSers are not discussing enough, has to do with BP's intent TO NOT allow that oil/gas to rise through that new top device. EPA laws mandate a fine of $4k per barrel retroactive upon 'verification' of flow. We are talking current fines into the billions folks if they have to establish proof of flow.

It is my opinion that they keep pushing this test for that very reason, and a blow out would be in their best interest, because it would divert flow to areas where certain measurement cannot then be established. I wouldn't therefore doubt that BP is extending this test IN HOPES of a blowout. There is no way in hell that BP wants that oil/gas flowing to the top and into ships where the flow will be verified. So think about it, what is the bloody reason for this test in the first place if they can capture this oil to the top while they await the relief well (and therefore not further jeopardize the well). Opinions?

[edit on 18-7-2010 by whatsup]

I would still love to hear more on this subject.

I thin it is a very good point, that seems ot have been brushed under the rug.

you still around?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join