It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Use Taser on 911 Caller

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Ah yes, another cop bashing video, where we don't get to see anything that the "victim" has said or done prior to being tased or arrested.

ah yes..another cop lover who just wants to be awkward and argue with the rest of ATS.

one officer was fired and the other resigned...which suggests they were wrong in their actions and the victim didnt actually do anything wrong.

you dont get fired for nothing...and you dont quit if your innocent.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Seems to me that tazers are being used more and more to punish and bully a person, as well to cattle prod them into a position.

I thought they were supposed to be used against someone that would be highly dangerous for police to try apprehend?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
The 2 police men in question should be tazered & pepper-gassed themselves.

I mean, hell.....I'd be happy enough to do that job myself if they came near any of my family or friends & attacked them like they attacked Wells.

However, it does make me a little sad to read some of the broad-brush comments to the effect that all police are bad.

That simply isn't true.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Omerta

Omertà implies “the categorical prohibition of cooperation with state authorities or reliance on its services, even when one has been victim of a crime.”[2] Even if somebody is convicted for a crime he has not committed, he is supposed to serve the sentence without giving the police any information about the real criminal, even if that criminal has nothing to do with the Mafia himself. Within Mafia culture, breaking omertà is punishable by death.

The code was adopted by Sicilians long before the emergence of Cosa Nostra (some observers date it to the 16th century as a way of opposing Spanish rule).[3] It is also deeply rooted in rural Crete, Greece.[4]

[edit on 16-7-2010 by pai mei]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I completely agree that often we only see one side of the story, and in those cases I steadfastly reserve judgment. Not in this case, however, personally. They don't say she physically resisted them. They don't say she threatened them in any way. They say she refused to answer questions, and that she suggested that she accompany them.

Even if there's more to this that we aren't seeing, in this particular instance, I can't personally feel that it's particularly relevant what the woman said or did to provoke them. Why? Because of the repeated nature of the tasings, and because one of them says, "I'm gonna put you with the posies," as in "in the ground." That could be interpreted as a death threat.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Okay, it's getting inhumanly difficult to be fair to them, 12 times, TWELVE times?

Thank God these two disrespectful thugs are no longer on that police force.

It's the thin thread that is holding my respect for law enforcement.

How long til it breaks?

Only one word comes to mind and that's "Nazis". I could also add "horrible monsters"!

I guess if it comes back on me, at least I'm younger than this lady, and can probably take it more?????

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Thats just torture IMO.
Police should not be able to use them for just simple reasons.
They should have a really good reason to use them.
If the cop feels threatened then by all means use a tazer but if its a little old lady thats just way over the top.

[edit on 16/7/10 by Ezappa]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Did you notice the rambling barely discernable speach of the thug cops in the video? They probably have a very low IQ as most newer cops do. The Police Departments activly seek the returning war vets who have torture experience with low IQ's because they will be strong and follow orders without much thought.

I note the usual group of cop appologist types were on this thread early to offer lame excuses for these shameful thugs. I honestly think some cops have no compassion whatsoever. Slowly people are waking up to the truth that many parts of the US are now in a police state and the cops cannot be trusted. People need to take control of the policing of their own neighborhoods

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Personally, I think that regardless of what this woman did to get herself arrested, if the cops feel that they need pepper spray and tasers in order to subdue a nearly 70 year old woman, it's probably time they got a job that was less physically demanding on themselves.

They should also be made to do community service in a senior's residence so that they can better understand how to deal with the elderly.

The only way this would be even remotely acceptable would be if the woman was pointing a loaded gun at the officers. Given the fact that these officers resigned afterwards, I'd say that this wasn't the case here.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
PIGS will get theirs ! I wish a riot would spring up around here so i can go play base ball. Got that pigs? WE WILL GET SICK OF YOUR #! YOU GUYS WILL BE SORRY.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
To all the pig lovers. I hope you get your arse tasered just the same & then find out if the pigs have as much respect as you do for them.

As to compensation for the victim, she should be allowed to taser the pigs at least as many times as they did to her.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by acrux]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by Nutter
... been fired or moved to a different precinct.

Like a pedophile priest or school teacher.

Dont solve the problem. Just pass it on to somebody else.

The "stop snitchin'" thing may have grown out of friends and families not wanting to get each other in trouble but for me it's about not wanting some cop to come to my house, shoot my dog and taze me into a coma.

I've never been in trouble with the law. Not so much as a speeding ticket. I still cringe with fear when one pulls out behind me or makes eye contact with me on the street because I know I dont have to do a damn thing wrong and my life could be ruined or ended because some cop was in a bad mood.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM NOT A CRIMINAL I FEEL THE SAME WAY!!!!!!!!!! I never was arrested before in my life. EVERYTIME one gets behind me I get an anxiety attack!!!!!!!!!!! WHY???????????????????

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
reply to post by Nutter

A local news story.

Woman calls 911 102 times, for no reason.

www.kfvs12.com...

Sometimes it is important to know what takes place before hand. The police responded to each call and the operators were kept busy.

Raist

NOPE ! Not important at all when our cops act like the hitler SS.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
It was obviously cause she was black.
Stupid cops, you know they wouldnt have done that to an old white lady...
OH WAIT, THEY HAVE!!!!
This is getting ridiculous. I mean we have VIDEO AFTER VIDEO AFTER VIDEO of us being harassed, abused and even killing innocent people. Someone should bring these slabs of bacon fat to the jail so someone can cook their ass'.
And what, they have a few videos of them getting shot at.
Well yeah, you are a cop.
When are people going to realize cops are not our friends.
I had a lawyer tell me that at the court house.
These people don't care about you.
Is essentially what he was getting across.
But then again he was a lawyer AHAHAHA.
Oh boy I am having far to much fun with this.
Like I said never been a fan of bacon.
In my neighborhood, thugs and hooligans run rampant every friday night. Usually the same group of brown guys.
Driving around in a car, I have seen them on many occasions, and one time I was almost the victim, (Buddy's weren't expecting a knife, an illegal one at that).
Now some say, what need would you need to carry a knife and an illegal one at that...
Well the above explains it.
The same hooligans are never dealt with so one night I went out by my self dressed in all black to scare these guys off.
And surely enough they rear ended them selves very quickly.
Im surprised they didn't pull one on me.
Were the cops there?
NO. Of course they werent they were probably busting some kids smoking some grass or maybe they were tasering old ladys and killing caged dogs.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Whats the deal with cops picking on older people? She is 57 year old woman! Honestly this seems to happen a lot, cops take advantage of people who can't defend for themselves. If a cop did that to me and I attempted to defend myself will I get a bullet to my head?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Raist

This, while true, is a bit misleading. This story is not about the lady in the OPs post. Because that woman called 911 102 times does not make it right to taze this lady for calling for help.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Ezappa

It was my understanding that tazers were implemented to reduce the number of times guns were drawn. Does this mean that if they hadn't had a tazer to torture this poor woman with they would have drawn their gun and fired? One has to wonder.........

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I usually don't post in threads showcasing alleged abuse by law enforcement. Too many times, there has been no preface to the story.

In this one instance, I think you apologists really need to get off the soapbox.

She was tazed 12 times while on the ground... 12 times. I don't care if she had called 911 500 times in a row, you just don't do that. Irresponsible at the least, criminal at the most - I'm glad these guys got canned. My only regret is that one of them still works in law enforcement.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Training, training, training.

If you train cops to act like Gestapo then Gestapo treatment at their hands is all that you can expect.

The real question here is how can the public bring this grievance upon the state governments as a whole to change a perverted system.

Sadly, I think that TPTB would do (and regularly do just that) everything to keep the public divided and confused so that organized resistance which is what is required here could ever surface.

The main objective of our government at all levels is to keep us in a constant state of fear. Modern day cops training reflect this paradigm perfectly.

Tazars quickly developed into pain compliance tools just as soon as they were given to law enforcement.

Tazers will continue to be used as pain compliance tools. This nobody here can dispute.

But just bear in mind, oh thy ATS cop member and/or sympathizer, that the public hate towards cops (gorillas) will only continue to grow.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Tinkertrain
reply to post by theability

The point you (derogatory name) is that before the second squad car arrived we do not know what happened as it is not on camera.

She could have done all those things as far as we know. She could have ran to the moon and back. We do not know what happened.

The person I replied to said it was all caught on the dash cam and it wasn't. I swear to every holy god in the known universe that you have to be without question the most hard headed individual on the whole internet. I am getting a headache just imagining what it would be like living your life.

ignored.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Mr. Tinkertrain]

It actually doesn't matter that much what happened beforehand. She was tased several times. Tasers are NOT to be used in a punitive manner or to "encourage" someone to do something (such as getting in the car). The 1st tase could be excused if she tried attacking a cop right before the video camera turned on. However the other tases have absolutely no legal reason to have occured.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join