It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Use Taser on 911 Caller

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Ah yes, another cop bashing video, where we don't get to see anything that the "victim" has said or done prior to being tased or arrested.
Yeah, it's just like a police chief to let his men go without seing any video or hearing any testimony. Think about what you're saying. Thier own kind, cops, bashed them first.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Well, the tazer's shouldnt happened, but there are some things suspicious. Why didnt she tell them her name? thats what cops do when they file a report or respond to a 911 call, they take the caller/victim's name. Why did she run when they tried to handcuff her?

Of course, those two cops quit after the incident. They were out of line for using the tazer, and even the sheriff agreed.

just some thoughts.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Interfacer

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by Nutter
... been fired or moved to a different precinct.

Like a pedophile priest or school teacher.

Dont solve the problem. Just pass it on to somebody else.

The "stop snitchin'" thing may have grown out of friends and families not wanting to get each other in trouble but for me it's about not wanting some cop to come to my house, shoot my dog and taze me into a coma.

I've never been in trouble with the law. Not so much as a speeding ticket. I still cringe with fear when one pulls out behind me or makes eye contact with me on the street because I know I dont have to do a damn thing wrong and my life could be ruined or ended because some cop was in a bad mood.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM NOT A CRIMINAL I FEEL THE SAME WAY!!!!!!!!!! I never was arrested before in my life. EVERYTIME one gets behind me I get an anxiety attack!!!!!!!!!!! WHY???????????????????

Why? Here's why you and I and many other people feel this way:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by shiman
Well, the tazer's shouldnt happened, but there are some things suspicious. Why didnt she tell them her name

She did tell them her name. She didnt tell them the family friends name that came to stay with her until the cops got there. She said something to the effect of, "Its not important" or something like that. And she is right. Her family friend was not the burglar, she called him to come over, she wanted the police officer to focus on her complaint, not her friend. Why was the cop asking questions about her friend, and not the incident? The COP says it is because he is required to rule out domestic violence. Which is utter crap.

If I called the cops to report a robbery, and they asked what color underwear I had on, I would also say, "thats none of your business, and not why I called you here, can we just focus on why I DID call you here." I would not expect to get maced, tazed repeatedly and handcuffed for asking them to do their job, which as a taxpayer, I am paying them to do.

The cop, clearly, wanted to focus on her, and her friend, and not the possibility of a burglar, like he should have done. Quite possibly because he was pissed off to have to drive so far for the call, and in my opinion, his treatment of her suggests that he does not particularly care for blacks, either. Not a big stretch of the imagination in rural Georgia for a man of his age.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Well, the tazer's shouldnt happened, but there are some things suspicious. Why didnt she tell them her name

She did tell them her name. She didnt tell them the family friends name that came to stay with her until the cops got there. She said something to the effect of, "Its not important" or something like that. And she is right. Her family friend was not the burglar, she called him to come over, she wanted the police officer to focus on her complaint, not her friend. Why was the cop asking questions about her friend, and not the incident? The COP says it is because he is required to rule out domestic violence. Which is utter crap.

If I called the cops to report a robbery, and they asked what color underwear I had on, I would also say, "thats none of your business, and not why I called you here, can we just focus on why I DID call you here." I would not expect to get maced, tazed repeatedly and handcuffed for asking them to do their job, which as a taxpayer, I am paying them to do.

The cop, clearly, wanted to focus on her, and her friend, and not the possibility of a burglar, like he should have done. Quite possibly because he was pissed off to have to drive so far for the call, and in my opinion, his treatment of her suggests that he does not particularly care for blacks, either. Not a big stretch of the imagination in rural Georgia for a man of his age.

Taking names of the occupants inside of a house is not equal to the color of your underwear. He needed to take names down of the people that were known to be in the house.. was it a burglary? if so, then he needed witnesses to tell their side of the story. All cops take the names of all potential witnesses in a burglary. Thats not the point. The point is why she didnt tell them the names of the people staying in her house, or the people that could've seen anything suspicious. and there was no possible way that she could've known that the two cops that responded were going to psychotic.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Originally posted by Interfacer

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by Nutter
... been fired or moved to a different precinct.

Like a pedophile priest or school teacher.

Dont solve the problem. Just pass it on to somebody else.

The "stop snitchin'" thing may have grown out of friends and families not wanting to get each other in trouble but for me it's about not wanting some cop to come to my house, shoot my dog and taze me into a coma.

I've never been in trouble with the law. Not so much as a speeding ticket. I still cringe with fear when one pulls out behind me or makes eye contact with me on the street because I know I dont have to do a damn thing wrong and my life could be ruined or ended because some cop was in a bad mood.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM NOT A CRIMINAL I FEEL THE SAME WAY!!!!!!!!!! I never was arrested before in my life. EVERYTIME one gets behind me I get an anxiety attack!!!!!!!!!!! WHY???????????????????

Why? Here's why you and I and many other people feel this way:

i make sure to pay attention to everybody around me for self protection. Thinking that everybody behind/around you is definately going to attack you is sort of on the border of an mental disorder, especially if it gives you an anxiety attack. you need therapy.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by shiman

Did you read the article? The family friend was not staying in the house with her and the husband. He drove over and waited at the house with her til the police arrived.

I dont know why I am bothering. You clearly want to blame the victim. One report says the COP is the one who sent the friend away. If he needed the mans name, why not keep him around and ask him? Maybe, because he was looking to get the victim alone so he could terrorize and abuse her.

The friend did not "flee the scene" after all.

And besides, I have been around accidents, etc., and the police do NOT get the names of all the neighbors standing around when they get there. They usually send you all off, and do their jobs. Which doesnt involve tasing the crap out of you and macing you when you are the complainant.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by shiman

Did you read the article? The family friend was not staying in the house with her and the husband. He drove over and waited at the house with her til the police arrived.

I dont know why I am bothering. You clearly want to blame the victim. One report says the COP is the one who sent the friend away. If he needed the mans name, why not keep him around and ask him? Maybe, because he was looking to get the victim alone so he could terrorize and abuse her.

The friend did not "flee the scene" after all.

And besides, I have been around accidents, etc., and the police do NOT get the names of all the neighbors standing around when they get there. They usually send you all off, and do their jobs. Which doesnt involve tasing the crap out of you and macing you when you are the complainant.

I am not blaming the victim for what happened. I dont think getting tazered is justified for not telling a cop names of potential witnesses. Im just wondering why she didnt tell them her family friend's name? when associated press somehow obtained it.

Did you notice, though, all bad cops get fired or tried for their crimes?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by shiman

i make sure to pay attention to everybody around me for self protection. Thinking that everybody behind/around you is definately going to attack you is sort of on the border of an mental disorder, especially if it gives you an anxiety attack. you need therapy.

And you're exactly what a totalitarian amoral controlling government wishes in it's subdued citizenry.

And indoor slave and will kill and defend it's master till his dieing last breath.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith
reply to post by shiman

And you're exactly what a totalitarian amoral controlling government wishes in it's subdued citizenry.

And indoor slave and will kill and defend it's master till his dieing last breath.

well, to some level, i see everybody as a potential threat. so im always cautious. but anxiety attacks? really? thats along the lines of a nervous break down. thats why you always need to be calm, but alert to your surroundings. you cant do anything useful when you are freaking out.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Did you notice, though, all bad cops get fired or tried for their crimes?

Did you notice that the one cop resigned, and is now a cop in another county?

www.ajc.com...

Smith, who quit eight days after the incident, remains unrepentant.

"I did what I had to do to take control of the situation," Smith told the AJC about his decision to repeatedly discharge his Taser.

Yet his former boss, Lumpkin Police Chief Steven Ogle, was shocked when he saw the video.

"I couldn’t believe it,” Ogle said. “You don’t use it [a Taser] for punitive reasons, to prod someone. It was evident it was an improper use of force. He was an excellent officer other than that incident."

Smith resigned just as Ogle started the process to fire him, the chief said. Smith now works for the Chattahoochee County Sheriff's office.

And no, all bad cops dont get fired or prosecuted. Some departments, (not all) cover up for them.

www.nytimes.com...

Matthew E. Fishbein, who was chief of the criminal division of the United States Attorney's office in Manhattan until 1997, refused to comment on the Livoti case but said that in past prosecutions of police officers, department officials often showed ''an institutional reluctance'' to investigate their officers even when presented with strong evidence.

''In some cases, you felt like every step of the way you were basically fighting the entire Police Department,'' Mr. Fishbein said.

I dont think its fair to cop bash either. People should be judged individually. But that doesnt mean anyone anywhere should make excuses for bad cops. If the cop is a criminal, he/she is a cop in name only, and he/she should be treated like the criminal he/she is. Some departments DO treat their bad cops that way. All of them need to.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

ok, im wrong. most are tried.

also, yes. cop bashing isnt very good.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

reply to post by shiman

well, to some level, i see everybody as a potential threat. so im always cautious. but anxiety attacks? really? thats along the lines of a nervous break down. thats why you always need to be calm, but alert to your surroundings. you cant do anything useful when you are freaking out.

The video was meant as a metaphor. The movie itself was for entertainment in form of horror.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

i know. i mistakenly quoted your text though.

my bad.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silicis n Volvo
anyone else beginning to understand why raoul moat declared war on the british police?

You mean why that ex-con jealously killed his former girlfriend and her new boyfriend then turned his attention to the officer trying to bring him to justice?

Uh...NO.

Apples and oranges, man.

This woman just called the police and didn't give them the sufficient information they requested. She didn't kill anyone to my knowledge nor has it been claimed that she did.

Moats' beef wasn't with a corrupt law establishment it was with a woman that didn't want him any more.

He is NOT a hero nor did he suffer any miscarriage of justice.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Ah Rednecks, Americas last hope.

Although I shudder at the prospect, I can't help but admire his awesome post.
Now if you can prove all rednecks feel that way, lets talk outright adoration.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
What made these officers so full of venom? I know that I am not alone in thinking that cops ought to humanize the situation, by talking, and understanding.

That's the way the Sheriffs used to do it, as I recall. (as a wayward youth, I remember feeling normal, not abused, as I was taken off in those B&W's), ha!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Holy $#*!

OK. I thought the police had to go through some psychological testing and were actually selected via a screening process. These guys got the job!?

It just looks like a bunch of sick $#*!'s.

So, this is what the job screening process produces?
Unbelievable. I couldn't watch the whole thing.

One guy quit and the other was fired... Big frigging deal
They should be charged with negligence and locked up.

I gotta quit watching these...

Edit: Unfortunately, I was expecting something like 'Don't taze me bro'... Not hearing someone's grandmother crying for help... from the police...

OMG...

[edit on 17-7-2010 by ByteChanger]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

This lady is lucky that the cop didn't have "taser confusion", pull his firearm instead and shoot her in the back, like that Oakland transit officer.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
i hate the "well i warned you" metality many police officers have. she called them to investigate someone lurking. i don't believe they have the authority to arrest her, or order her to do anything on her property when there was no crime committed. (and trust me, if she had done ANYTHING that justified a repeat tazing like that, the cops would still be on the force, and she would be in jail).

i also believe that any police officer that covers for his buddy who did something wrong, made a mistake, or is doing illegal things, is just as guilty as committing the crime.

honestly? if i called the cops, and they tazered me, or a family member like that with no reason. i would kill them. simple as that.(if anyone walked up to me or my family and pulled that, police officer, or just regular citizen, i would do them in) people who do that are a real danger and almost the worst type of criminals. it wasn't a "opps, we tazered the wrong person, it was our mistake and we are paying the family for damages" its "GET IN THE CAR OR YOU'LL GET MORE!!!" *zap*

however i am curious, does anyone know if a person could win in court for defending themselves against a police officer?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join