It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to the Unpossible Future... The AGI Manhattan Project

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

All this is headed towards humanity being presented a deal by the devil in return for being 'upgraded' made faster,stronger and longevity you agree to be part of the hive.The hive will be able to monitor your every thought in real time,no more privacy,no more secret dreams,desires,visions and your imagination will be owned by the corporation there will be no such thing as intellectual property,this will be owned by the collective you will have no share in creation.

Another part of the deal is that every aspect of your private life will be monitored your finances,your communications,your work from birth to death.For non-performers theres a range of options from remote microwave harrassment,psychic attack or perhaps even dormant nanotechnology which when activated will give you a stroke or heart attack or some other eugenic measure.

You'll be a happy slave you'll be housed fed,given a host of entertainments such as virtual reality etc but you'll have sold your sole.

To me immortality is not worth perpetual bondage,I'll stick with the original designers chassis and keep my free will thank you.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The govt is fighting a losing game. It is too late for them.

The mere existence of this thread is another example of the global awakening occuring.

Do you really think people will allow themselves to be hearded into FEMA camps by the thousands?

Do you think if the Internet is shut down, people will stay in their homes waiting to have their possesions taken from them?

Bigger than all the questions is... Do you really think the Creator made this beautiful planet so a small group of Evil (with a capital E) could enslave the masses?

Every major religion prophesies ascension of the human being. It is not far off.

It is my personal opinion that the mad push for AGI began in 1998 when it was discovered that the human brain has structures for the reception of radio frequency.

It is God's Cntl-Alt-Del code. 2012 is no joke. The hive mind is coming but it is not man made.

The process of awakening is already in process. Our collective intuitive abilities are on the rise. The popularity of this thraed is an example.

Don't be afraid of the future. Fear is their main weapon against us. It creates division and hatred.

Have faith. Look for signs of increasing syncronicity in your life whether it is looking at the clock at 4:44 or driving under a street lamp just as it goes out or having somebody call you just as they came to mind.

The future is going to be beautiful and abundant. The covers are being ripped off. All that is hidden will soon be revealed. There will be self-imposed Hell to pay for the deceivers.

God bless you OP. God bless ATS. God help TPTB.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
artificial intelligence is impossible, because all it would be is a computer program designed to respond to commands written in its program. every single action will require a command and program written by humans for every single task. even thinking for itself would require a command to initialize it. you could eventually make a robot that mimicks a human in every way, but it will always be dead since it is made of metal, plastics, alloys, carbon, silicon, copper etc. all lifeless materials and metals. like a tape recorder. you record your voice and play it back, but you wouldn't say its alive or intelligent because it talked back to you. you don't like america you can always not use the internet, not watch t.v., not play video games, not read newspapers, not watch commericals etc. no matter what the elite and all the evil in the world tries to do, you a have a God given gift that is above all that: free will.

The programmmer inside me want to scream reading that !

Plain misunderstanding of AGI in general.

The main point of AGI is to design the structure, not the program, your argument is void.
A well designed AGI is merely an empty shell , nothing more, and like a Human , it's able to program itself in a feedback loop, having the advantage of upgradable sensor/memory/processing power ,(put your word here).

If you want and idea how an agi could work , take a look to the OpenCog project, and the way the system is made to program itself, without this ability to program itself , there would be no AGI anyway.

Another point : you're doing anthropomorphism here , the goal is not to mimick the human mind, it is to build an artificial intelligence, it will very probably think in a very peculiar way, not even imaginable by us.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Damn, I've known for a long time that Nanotechnology would be the next thing. Have anyone heard of Claytronics? I'll post a link to it but it looks to be something they may get in the near future. Computers are having to keep up with the software and it's requiring the scientists to develop systems better and faster than a few years ago. Eventually we may have nanoscale processors and essentially have super computers on our desktops. Once that happens the software that can be had for anyone will expand exponetionally. I truly believe in nanotechnology, and it will come about it has too. And if they ever get an assembler built and functioning, it will make production of goods and services cheap and reusing of trash anything even better for metals and stock supplies to feed the machines.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 15-7-2010 by hoghead cheese]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by anglodemonicmatrix

The hive will be able to monitor your every thought in real time,no more privacy,no more secret dreams,desires,visions and your imagination will be owned by the corporation there will be no such thing as intellectual property,this will be owned by the collective you will have no share in creation.

Another part of the deal is that every aspect of your private life will be monitored your finances,your communications,your work from birth to death.For non-performers theres a range of options from remote microwave harrassment,psychic attack or perhaps even dormant nanotechnology which when activated will give you a stroke or heart attack or some other eugenic measure.

That wont ever happen...we wont "lose our souls" just because thinking machines, virtual reality, and human-machine cybernetic integration is a common place occurrence...if we let the technology be abused, it will be used to monitor and enslave us...but trying to destroy the technology all together isn't going to work, it will simply be recreated in time...is it fair we blame the tool, or the person using the tool wrongly? Should we ban all guns, or punish those who misuse them? We're taking the next step in evolution here people...if you want to stay in the dark ages with your "original designer chassis", I've got no problem here...but why must you oppose those who wish to advance our technological capabilities?

Why are any of you people even using the internet right now?!? You're contributing to the advancement of what will likely become the first thinking machine, the internet. And as the OP stated, Google has massive supercomputers which store essentially the entire known internet, every single page their robots visit and index. We also build and build upon their advanced algorithms with every word we search, it's understanding of you and human languages increases. Did you know even ATS, this very website, has Google-analytics integrated into the pages. 90% of websites do. That means every time you visit ATS or any other website using Google-analytics, Google is sent information about you. Though it is usually used by webmasters to review visitor statistics, there's no reason Google couldn't use it for their own purposes.

I don't want to live forever...but what's the point of being a sentient species if we're just going to stay stagnant in our development? Where is the fun in that? Why have the ability to be creative and original if we aren't going to manifest those ideas into a reality, we may as well truly be sheep if you want humans to find a natural balance with nature, eating grass one day, eating a different patch the next day, they never change or advance their methods of collecting grass, except maybe through the slow process of evolution. The only way we can regain a harmony with nature at this point, isn't by ridding ourselves of technology, but using it to our advantage, instead of for manipulation and war.

[edit on 15/7/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

In the show they say "Fark" instead of "F&%#".]

They do not say fark, Fark is a website of amusing news tidbits and endless trolling. Know your sci-fi for frak's sake

You're right. Fraking A I haven't seen it in a while.

Wow! Pull the number out of your head that best suits your ideals, nevermind the realities of what we face. Please articulate what is going to prevent the scifi horror movie scenarios?

That may be the easiest answer

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov

Here's a quote for you:

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal". Albert Einstein, 1917

The what if's are constantly being gone over by academics and armchair philosophers about everything constantly...the world collectively is a superbrain always solving new problems and problems yet to even exist the second it pops into our thought. Now, will there be accidents and upsets, sure, but that doesn't mean we should therefore never try anything, else we would have never made it out of the dark ages...we contemplate and consider risks, come up with a million potential solutions, then engage in trials.

Again, this is about more than the technology, it's about the system behind it.

The conditions are literally stacked that the general populations of the world could be living in something on the order of a post-apocalyptic Mad Max scenario in a years time.

Maybe that's their plan: use AI just enough to get their promised land, until they don't even need it anymore. Faith the technology itself is futile enough before factoring that in.

Look at it this way: The original Manhattan Project to build the game changer of the century the atomic bomb was systems trying to dominate or neutralize others systems. This time around, it's about neutralizing and dominating the populations within essentially all systems. That factor alone makes these new paradigms more dangerous than anything before them.
I've yet to see one single 'mainline' transhumanist / cosmist / singurian whatever specify this concern, not on any order even begin to approach what I tried to here.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Wow, very weird how I just read this thread and shortly after I found this on Gizmodo.

An article on human trials for mind controlled robotic arms.

Pentagon-backed scientists are getting ready to test thought-controlled prosthetic arms on human subjects, by rewiring their brains to fully integrate the artificial limbs.

Already in recent years, we've seen very lifelike artificial arms, monkeys nibbling bananas with mind-controlled robotic limbs, and even humans whose muscle fibers have been wired to prosthetic devices. But this is the first time that human brains will be opened up, implanted with a neural interface, and then used to operate an artificial limb.

It's a giant step that'll transform the devices, which were little more than hooks and cables only 50 years ago. And the progress is courtesy of Darpa, the Pentagon's far-out R&D agency, who've been sponsoring brain-controlled replacement limbs as part of their Revolutionizing Prosthetics Program.

more here:
gizmodo.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Again, this is about more than the technology, it's about the system behind it.
And it's about the people behind the system...as I said in my prior post, you're blaming the tool when you should be blaming the people using the tools wrongly. If you don't want a "post-apocalyptic mad max" scenario to unfold, hunt down those who are trying to make it happen, because taking their technology away isn't going to do much good for anyone, and it isn't going to stop them...

[edit on 15/7/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by truefire
I believe the picture of mine / our reality just got brought into view through your efforts and analysis. There is a collective, controlling force comprised of unfathomably crafty, and powerful individuals who understand with perfect clarity how to use the unwitting efforts of the average man against himself and his non compliant bretheren. The goal of this collective is "total" control and once this complete control system is in place, there will no fear of reprisals.

This is happening, but that's not the shocking part. The most disturbing part is that otherwise good people are willingly, unknowingly fabricating the very chains that their masters will use to forever enslave them with.

All you can do is your part. Get out of The Matrix, stop feeding the beast. The food of the beast is tax dollars, anger, nationalism, political bickering, racism, fear, greed, etc (you know how we are controlled). Stop being a part of it. If they ask you to pick up a gun for them-----no!! If they ask you to spy on your brother------no!! Turn off the TV, never vote for an incumbent, NEVER!! Barter your services whenever possible, Stop drinking soda, turn off the shoot em up video games, plant a garden, read a history book. You get the picture.

Start with the man in the mirror, he's always the toughest to convince!!!!

Thanks you kindly for your appreciation, everyone.

Now that there I couldn't have said better myself... seriously!

The reason I 'made up' the word unpossible for this is because there's still hope... just very little time as these forces are increasing in strength exponentially. The tech's have a doubling rate of 1-2 years. We humans can can outpace that by thousands of times until everyone knows whats at stake.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
oops, double post

[edit on 15-7-2010 by lowki]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntelligenceGathering
I see what you mean by saying that this MUST be the next step in human evolution, in attempting to improve upon "god's" design, but I call foul play. I believe this to be the ultimate perversion, the ultimate doom of man. To take away what makes us as special and unique as each individual snowflake is to die while still live. We are meant to evolve not as terminators and t1000's with transistors, batteries, and quantum computers, but as being of life leaving this three-dimensional shell for the next phase of existence.

To improve upon god's design in this way is only going to further the illusion of separation, this illusion that the spirit within hold's no sway over our physical shell. The next phase of human evolution MUST be of spirit, into the unseen world made flesh and blood before you, as you yourself ARE.

Well said

As far as the tech's are concerned, a major issue I have with radical life extension is that the goal is to live indefinite lifespans (like 1000's of years). This inherently creates a population crisis, which means population will have to limited and reduced.

What this does is attempt to break the cycle of life, which in itself could be the most evil thing ever proposed when you look at how the world and life works: preventing future lives from the experience of life so you can self-perpetuate your own.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by lowki

Complete service to self, dependency on learning from form.

The Higher is abstract, the learning is ascending and loosing
the lower vessels.

Sorry, I hope you see that in the next dimension.

RP

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
As one who has always liked many of the ideas transhumanism proposes, this thread made me really proud of the United States and made me want to work for DARPA. The idea that we can progress forward is not unnatural for we are a part of nature and all we do is natural. We are not some separate entity screwing up 'nature's plan', we are a part of 'nature's plan'. This does not negate the responsibility we have to ease the suffering of those around us, (of course there are those who believe this is not our responsibility), and therefore I do not think it is right to go willy-nilly out into the world destroying everything around us. But, progression and knowledge are something that we will always seek, and transhumanism is the next logical step in my opinion, and truthfully, I am all for it. Maybe because I believe transhumanism does not equal transnature...but instead is just a conscious awareness of our own evolution, of which we are taking an active role.

Obviously there are terrifying aspects to all of this, and just recently I was wishing I could go back to when all of this first started, because it is terrifying to wonder where it will all end up, but I feel that this is our course, and I don't think it is a wrong one, and of course the unknown is going to be terrifying at times, especially when we feel we are not in control of what will happen.

I will try and read some more of the links you've posted. In my opinion, some are very interesting, some seem like they are just looking for someone to blame for all the scary stuff in the world, but all lin all, thanks for the hard work you've put into this!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
dont worry about to many people wanting to live forever. If your stupid enough to want to die after living only 80 years then everyone will gladly let you die....

Its the pitifull religious people who would rather murder everyone on the planet than see a world without people crawling on the knees praying for a god to solve all their problems.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Wow, thanks for piecing everything together in this thread and illustrating a clear picture as to what's happening. It's scary knowing that our "leaders" don't really give a f*** about us at all and are actually against us. I truly believe that come 2012 the Earth will cleanse herself of the elite scum that lurk amongst us as the masses begin to awaken.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
well... nice read.

To be honest I kinda want to live forever, but... ok, so I would settle with 1000 years thats ok, so I'm pro all of this.

I just hope it becomes a reality while I'm still here tho... or I'll save some massive amount of money for a cryo thing "when its done".

I'm all pro-advance. Humanity was not meant to stagnate... ever. So here we go... lets just continue to enjoy the wonderful ride it's been!

Go go gadget-humanity!

P.s. Oh and btw... "Skynet" already exists, its already a military communication something... ppl have to start looking for another name for a "terminator-skynet-like" thing to channel their fears...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
S&F OP!.. Don't know if you saw this article or not IgnoranceIsntBlisss...
Synchronicity?...
Darpa's Mind controlled robotic arm... (Wired)

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Solar.Absolution]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
P.s. Oh and btw... "Skynet" already exists, its already a military communication something... ppl have to start looking for another name for a "terminator-skynet-like" thing to channel their fears...

It's the best popular culture reference. Half the people out there have never heard of DARPA, even less "AGI", and AI is all around us.

I'm seeing a lot of people, especially those who support the tech's, glossing over the part about if we don't want to be enslaved and eliminated then we must resist with all of our might the tyrants who rule the world. That's what this thread is about, and unless you want to be bankrupted and excluded from your ideals in all of this you must stand tall with those who are against the elites for other reasons. This is do or die, unless someone actually has an argument against the political and economic aspects I've presented (none so far).

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
If it comes down to a fight, I'm on the side of the humans, not the machines.

I admit the idea of life extension is appealing at first. But what are you giving up? And what are you really trying to live forever for? Sorry but 1000 years of bad Xbox games and Will Ferrell movies sounds worse than death to me.

S&F OP. Best thread I have read, ever.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

you cannot stand against what is infinite.

Your assuming that this is path that ONLY one sentient species takes. The universe is infinite.... and the application of instantly transmitting data across a self-aware network may bridge the gap in the understanding of the fractal universe and biology.

but yet this may be far beyond yoru ability to understand... so sad to watch you cry about the inevitible future.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join