It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP is testing now! Turn on CNN, oil has stopped spewing from the main pipe line!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Wayne60

Ya they sure as hell do
, and then they don't inform about crucial moments like yesterday, when they had called off the integrity test 5 hours before it was announced! But today they seem to be doing better about informing the media about what the hell is going on! We better start crossing our toes too!

Edit to add: Right now CNN is talking about Tea Party racism but i'm sure they'll update us when they can!

[edit on 14-7-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Well then hook a hose up to the valve and get pumping.

I mean it is all about the oil and money right?

I am sure they will get an attachment to the valve so the can start getting the oil again.

It still is bad, but this is much more manageable then it previously was.

edited for spelling

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Quickfix]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarTraveller

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
reply to post by damn_ummmm

o, I saw it was shut I swear, CNN showed a live feed and pointed it out, it was definitely shut. Bill Nye the science guy is on now explaining it!

he's saying if there are cracks on the sea floor, then it will just come out of there instead of the valves because of all the pressure!

But there is oil coming out in that video.
It was buddy, video I grabbed from the live feeds a little while ago:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

Yes I agree, I think BP will go right back to their old ways in a little while, because money still governs BP, but lets try to be positive and hope they get this fixed soon!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by psilo simon

psilo Simon i'm afraid I can't respond to your post because I don't understand it.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
reply to post by psilo simon

psilo Simon i'm afraid I can't respond to your post because I don't understand it.

I think psilo simon is refering to oil still coming from the well head. I posted the video to back up was was said about oil stopping from the main pipe in the middle.

I think psilo posted in the 'quote' part of his post instead of below it

Edit to add what I think was psilo's question:
But there is oil coming out in that video.

[edit on 14/7/10 by StarTraveller]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

O okay I see now! Although the "kill line" and other valves were still open, the main valve had been shut, which was big, and good news!

The main valve was the big black pipe in the middle.

link   
I don't know but skandi ROV 1 is showing alot of material flowing with a good bit of pressure. I may be wrong, but that is going pretty good.

link   
It takes several days to do this. Build pressure slowly instead of all at once.

That being said - the oil is still spilling. It just isn't all coming out in one spot in such a dramatic fashion.

BP is being directed by the government to do integrity testing. Which is s good idea since neither the well, nor their board of directors appear to have any.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Yup I am looking at it
and the gauges say zero pressure
as stated above hook up the pipes and
fill the barges.
Its going just the way the feds want it, Zero Pressure.
Public and Press stay away, we are trying to make a profit
and don't need the pressure!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
It would be nice if this thread could get to the front page so people who want updates can easily access this thread.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Yea, just saw that - a plume of dispersants as it says dispersant op but it looks to have oil mixed in too.

Oh my, they cap the oil and blast dispersants! See Skandi Rov1

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Maybe it is just me,but it seems skandi ROV1 and skandi ROV2 are showing different flows. On skandi 1 the flow looks compact and larger than what you an see on skandi ROV 2.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

If you click on recent posts at the top it is on the front page. If you loose it go to your "MyATS" and you can find it there.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
im new to the live feed what exactly is the other rov doing just hovering around there by where the leak is comeing out of is it trying to shut it off again or whats going on i hope they seal it soon!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

It may just be that one view is zoomed.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
Maybe it is just me,but it seems skandi ROV1 and skandi ROV2 are showing different flows. On skandi 1 the flow looks compact and larger than what you an see on skandi ROV 2.

I think each one is looking at the flow from different depths/distances, notice how when the flow exits the pipe its think but under pressure and as it rises it opens out and seems to bubble more.

If you watch Skandi - ROV 2 you can just see Skandi - ROV 1 (the dispersent tool anyway) in the top left corner of the feed.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Endure

You may be right it just did not look the same to me.That is still alot of pressure to try and cap.I guess BP knows what they are doing.

This is going to be interesting when they try to cap it again.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

If you look at the depths of these two ROV they have about 10 ft difference. Skandi 1 is at 4889 ft and Skandi 2 is at 4898 ft. so thats not to much distance, but it may just be my eyes playing a trick.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
If you haven't realized they are going to keep playing you like a fiddle with this. It's going to be ok, and then OH something bad happened again, new tactics. They are going to treat this like a 24/7 superbowl with its highs and lows. Mark my words

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join