It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP is testing now! Turn on CNN, oil has stopped spewing from the main pipe line!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

what he said

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Not real sure here,but what is the BOA Deep C ROV1 looking at. It seems to only be under 1500 ft and there was just a large cloud of something that came up. It can't be the sea floor it is not deep enough.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

What color was it, because i'm not seeing it.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Seems like the Olympic ROV1 still opening and then closing valves.. I thought they were just going to open one every six hours.. but it seems they are still playing with them.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

It looks like sand and sometime you wil see red. It will happen again i am sure. Just keep an eye on it you will probably see it.It just seems strange considering the depth it is at.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Thats in meters buddy which equates to approximately 4900 feet

Nautical Depth Converter

So would imagine it was from the ploom of oil..

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Yep.. US still the only one not using the metric system... can make things confusing.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I'v got to go for a little while unfortunately, but i'll be back as soon as possible, I ask that the others members on this thread answer any questions as they have all along, i'll be back as soon as possible! you guys have been amazing!

peace

for about an hour or a little more

don't go away!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Take care man off to bed soon but have my Iphone to keep track when in bed lmao

[edit on 14/7/10 by StarTraveller]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Skandi ROV1 currently looks like all hell broke loose.

www.bp.com...

Has the "cap" broken loose? ... because, right now, it's not looking much different from when the BOP failed.

... utterly and literally Gushing forth.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

That is funny since at 4900 ft it really should not be looking down on the leak it should have to look up, because it is deeper than skandi 1 which is at 4893 ft. I don't know but it seems funny to be deeper than a different ROV and yet it is looking down on the leak. Seems strange to me.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I just checked Skandi and Boa and there still spewing as far as I can tell

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Thanks for the link, Chris, I cannot seem to get the feed, however .. maybe so many are watching now that the server does not have room to feed out all the signals ... ???

I can still see CNN's however.

I wonder how many of the extra barrels of sisperstant which they ordered a week+ back --- have managed to be used?
That is going to be a really difficult issue to cope with.

I will keep the page up, just in case .. will keep an eye on it as I do my other work.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I know what you are saying bud but I recall the Meter/feet thing being discussed in another thread. Just took the numbers from the ROV and used the convertor to get the equivalent in feet. Then again its not the only thing that doesn;t add up with this disaster

Originally posted by Serendipity7
Thanks for the link, Chris

No Probs Buddy

[edit on 14/7/10 by StarTraveller]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Where its coming out of it looks like hell :X i hope they can fix this soon. Although it really doesn't look any better right now then it has since the leak started.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
Skandi ROV1 currently looks like all hell broke loose.

www.bp.com...

Has the "cap" broken loose? ... because, right now, it's not looking much different from when the BOP failed.

... utterly and literally Gushing forth.

Letting it flow and doing stress testing of the down hole bore in incremental stages ... I have seen them open and close one valve now, in just about 10 minutes time, and it was only a partial turn of the dial, not even a whole turn ... they must be being very careful.

Remember the relief wells are also very close if not already into the bore area ... they wanted them deeper, so they were taking more time ...

If this was still really high pressure, the relief wells would be at risk ... if the ocean floor is smangled then the whole cap thing will have to be sealed with concrete before it can be locked down tight.

Since the bulge under the well head is twenty miles across and some tens of feet high, that is a lot to consider ... and there has been some leakage from the sea floor around the main stem ... so where and how much and how bad .. that is what they are looking for at this time.

Forty-eight hours ... of finessing the pressure and watching for leaks and watching feedback from the other wells as well.

Touchy stuff, I hope this works.
I WISH ... just for the record, they had never developed Corexit!
Maybe in another time/space dimension where sane minds are stronger than profit motive!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h

That is funny since at 4900 ft it really should not be looking down on the leak it should have to look up, because it is deeper than skandi 1 which is at 4893 ft. I don't know but it seems funny to be deeper than a different ROV and yet it is looking down on the leak. Seems strange to me.

Do you believe you are looking at a leak already on the sea floor? ..

If so, save a piece of the action, if you would.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Serendipity7

I do not know if it is a leak on the floor, but it may just be the way the ROV's are working and hell it may only be me looking too hard at the things going on.It's just tough to figure these things out especially the way things have been going with this whole situation. It seems the longer you look at these streams the more you think you saw something that just isn't right.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serendipity7
I WISH ... just for the record, they had never developed Corexit!
Maybe in another time/space dimension where sane minds are stronger than profit motive!

I second that.. very sad to see it used.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Serendipity7

I'd noticed and read earlier on Slowly closing it down, with heavy monitoring on the pressure and surrounding area (seabed), but ... even then it was with the "cap" in place with a 8"-10"-12" orifice spewing forth...

.. right now, unless they're just not panning down to see the same aperture/device, it looks rather uncontrolled/ throttled-down, etc   what have you. (?)

[to add]

with the "arm", dispensing corexit (dispersant) in there getting rattled round and tossed about by the pressure, like a mere fairies wand. (?)

[edit on 14-7-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join