It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam is the best DEMOCRACY (NOT Western Democracy)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

What if your daughter becomes a Muslim, a legitimate question to a hateful solution.

I would stone her to death and claim that it was to protect the honor of my family!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

There will be a time when the whole world know your crimes, oh didnt i forget to mention, your country and kosovo both live in poverty!

How does Kosovo live by? Drugs and warlords human beaheaders, dont push to the limt where i am going to post disbursing pictures of your countryman people beaheading other people heads off.

Dont push me.

Are you gonna bring politics in to this?

Do you want me to show you some pictures of what Americans have been up to lately? Don't be a troll, America is the biggest drug consumer of the world.

Actually, politics was brought into it in the very thread title, insinuating that the theocracy of islam is somehow the best form of democracy.

Just sayin'....

[edit on 2010/7/15 by nenothtu]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I can't believe this thread has reached such a status.

After all, the topic itself is irrelevant. Islam is a religion. Democracy is a political form of government. Islam is not a form of government, and it's assuredly not a form of democracy.

Democracy is Democracy, and that is to say that Democracy is a form of government where the power is derived from the people.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

You ignore what is happening around you because you are in denial. You ignore that Muslims are slaughtering other Muslims over ideological differences daily. No other Religion is doing that in the modern world.

I'm not in denial, I know exactly what people are doing in the name of Islam, how can I avoid it with Western media?

This not denial, this is clarification, that Islam doesn't condone the actions it doesn't condone. You can't say Islam condones an action because Muslims do it. You must go to Quran and prove it.

Thinking like that is exactly WHY the 'bad' muslims get away with their misdeeds unless punished from the outside.

When is the last time an Islamic court (based upon the Qur'an, rather than 'local culture', per your insistence) punished a terrorist?

'Bad' muslims get away with it under islamic law because they are still 'muslims' however 'bad' they may be at it.

Non-muslims can't get the same consideration, though, under islamic law.

Any 'islamic democracy' is for muslims ONLY. Non-muslims are nothing more than slaves there.

No 'islamic democracy' for them!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

'Bad' muslims get away with it under islamic law because they are still 'muslims' however 'bad' they may be at it.

ohh nooo its neno lol

Your argument is mute, there is no such thing as bad Muslim lol..

I made a whole thread for people like you, Islam defines Muslims, not the other way around.

But ofcurse you gonna come back

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

After all, the topic itself is irrelevant. Islam is a religion. Democracy is a political form of government. Islam is not a form of government, and it's assuredly not a form of democracy.

Already explained, buy Democracy I meant the individual choice.

When individuals choose whether Islam should govern them, it becomes a Democracy.

It is up to an individual to choose whether he/she wants to become a Muslim.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I will repeat, Islam defines Muslims, not the other way around.

Muslims can do what ever they want, but if they do something which Islam is against, or ISlam doesn't condone, you can't blame Islam for it, you blame them, as individuals who decided to go against Islam and commit those actions.

Ah. How convenient! Does that mean that if they do something islam DOES condone, or command even, the individual gets credit for THAT, too? If so, what good IS islam as a guide?

So which is it? Islam either takes credit for everything it produces, OR it is entirely irrelevant. Can't have it both ways, and pick and choose the results of islam you want, and reject the rest of it's fruits.

Why don't we just let all individuals decide their own actions, and chuck islam?

THAT would, of course, be closer to a 'democracy'.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Hmm, all I can say is the people of Iran sure seem to enjoy their Islamic Democracy.....

Maybe it is TOO great, and that is why they have been revolting against it? Intersting......

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

You can live amongst your kind with no fear of prosecution. But if you wish to live under Islam (with your faith intact), you must accept to not break Islamic laws or you will be punished like everyone else.

So then, adherents of other religions must follow their own tenets, AND islamic law? They must, in fact, adhere to TWO religions?

How is that NOT "compulsion in religion", as prohibited by the Qur'an?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

So then, adherents of other religions must follow their own tenets, AND islamic law? They must, in fact, adhere to TWO religions?

You must abide by the law, it is as simple as that, you move to New Zealand, you must abide by New Zealand law, doesn't matter if you disagree with it or not, or if you have different belief, you must abide by it.

Don't confuse yourself.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

ohh nooo its neno lol

Yeah, it's me again, Oozy. I still love ya, though. Who else is there around here that will just KEEP ON coming back to tussle?

Your argument is mute, there is no such thing as bad Muslim lol..

Far from being moot! Your response actually PROVES my point!

I made a whole thread for people like you, Islam defines Muslims, not the other way around.

Just for people like me? Can you feel the heat from my blush all the way over there? Shucks....

We can of course discuss which defines which, if you like.

But ofcurse you gonna come back

You know it, baby! I'm like a bad penny, ain't I? It's almost... islamic... the way I just don't give up!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

You must abide by the law, it is as simple as that, you move to New Zealand, you must abide by New Zealand law, doesn't matter if you disagree with it or not, or if you have different belief, you must abide by it.

Don't confuse yourself.

I'm not confused, but don't know much about New Zealand, apparently. Which religion does NZ force you to observe by law? Which religion does China compel one to observe, since China is another of your examples ?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I'm not confused, but don't know much about New Zealand, apparently. Which religion does NZ force you to observe by law? Which religion does China compel one to observe, since China is another of your examples ?

Both New Zealand and China has their laws which people agree to follow.

The same for Islam.

you disagree?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

"No such thing as a bad Muslim"

What, ever?

Every single Muslim that has ever lived is or was 'good'?

Wow!

Paradise is going to be pretty full, standing room only methinks.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by oozyism

"No such thing as a bad Muslim"

What, ever?

Every single Muslim that has ever lived is or was 'good'?

Wow!

Paradise is going to be pretty full, standing room only methinks.

Once again Islam defines Muslim, according Islam there is no bad Muslim.

Read the Quran.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Any nation that does not separate Church and State is doomed, and is destined to be run by the most barbaric tyranical religious zealots the world has ever seen.

But don't take my word for it.....just take a gander at my avatar.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
EDITED

I found my originals - wow....

[edit on 15-7-2010 by mf_luder]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Read it, gave me a chuckle here and there but apart from that found it far too repressive and unforgiving, not my ideal night time reading at all...each to their own though, some people like to be dictated to and are incapable of independant thought.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Both New Zealand and China has their laws which people agree to follow.

The same for Islam.

you disagree?

No, I don't disagreee with that. It still doesn't answer my question of which religion they force citizens to observe. Or even non-citizens, for that matter.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

What do you mean observe?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join