It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday: How BP Gulf disaster may have triggered a 'world-killing' event

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Doomsday: How BP Gulf disaster may have triggered a 'world-killing' event

www.helium.com

Now, worried scientists are increasingly concerned the same series of catastrophic events that led to worldwide death back then may be happening again-and no known technology can stop it. BP’s Deepwater Horizon drilling operation may have triggered an irreversible, cascading geological Apocalypse that will culminate with the first mass extinction of life on Earth in many millions of years.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
newsfeed.time.com
www.examiner .com
www.cnn.com
www.youtube.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
BP (British Petroleum) Oil Spill In Gulf Now Up To 200,000 Gallons A Day
The REAL REASON Behind the BP Oil Spill in the Gulf of Mexico

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
This may have been the most frightening life changing article I have read in awhile.

Gregory Ryskin is a legitimate bio-chemical engineer for Northwestern University who has proposed that the methane bubble which is currently frozen may be released within the next sixth months. The worst part about it is there is nothing technology nor science can do to save us!

The scariest part about it is that now other scientists are beginning to agree and this news is just now making its way to time magazine.

newsfeed.time.com...

Why is information like this being suppressed? I have yet to hear about it in any major news outlets.
Is the government withholding this information in order to prevent a massive worldwide panic?

Finally they have just recently halted deep water drilling until November 30'th. It makes you wonder if they did this for reasons other than which they claim.

www.helium.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
MW2, starts to take place soon.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
There have been at least four other threads covering how this gas will cause an extinction level event. Even one of mine mentions it. They are on the verge of at least stopping that maybe.

We will all have to wait and see. But do you really expect MSM to report it?
It would kill the elite as well. This was a major screw up, you can bet your bottom dollar they will find a way to stop it.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Here is another article relating to the situation at hand.

Link

[Mod Edit - fix link]

[edit on 13/7/2010 by Sauron]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
This wont trigger, it will just make the fire grow bigger.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Here goes more information about methane.
www.eawag.ch...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
So apparently the methane levels are a million times higher than normal.

geosciences.tamu.edu...

sitfu.com...

www.newser.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
OR ,.. get this,... OR nothing will happen at all
And the oil will be cleaned up and the air will clear,..
Well,... what do ya think of that??
Huh,.. It could happen ya know..
a Non-doomsday event..

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by redeyedwonder

It would kill the elite as well. This was a major screw up, you can bet your bottom dollar they will find a way to stop it.

Bwahahahahaha!

You guys really DO think the "elite" are some kind of super human intelligentsia dont you?

They are only human. And they arent that intelligent, they are ruthless. They dont get over on us because they are much much smarter than us, (though some of them are pretty clever) they do it by being less moral than most of us. We play by "the rules" and they dont, and not surprisingly, they win most rounds.

If something like this is happening, they will not find a way to stop it. They, and all of us, will be screwed. Which is the problem with letting the insane run the world in the first place. They are so greedy and short sighted they see nothing wrong with killing geese that lay golden eggs. Apparently they didnt read the fairy tale as children.

Good find, OP. Its pretty speculative at this point, but I have long been concerned about a methane caused extinction. I have to admit I thought rising ocean temperatures would trigger it, I didnt expect an oil company to drill smack into the big one. Lol.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
"There is no methane bubble."
www.marketoracle.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by evolv

Yep, that in addition to alot of other things.
Get your affairs in order and when you get there live a bit while you can.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

The article does address that, though it does persist in calling it a "bubble"

www.helium.com...

While some say it can’t happen because the bulk of the methane is frozen into crystalline form, others point out that the underground methane sea is gradually melting from the nearby surging oil that’s estimated to be as hot as 500 degrees Fahrenheit.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
According to two researchers who have been to the Gulf, the story is hokum.

During our recent cruise to the Gulf we observed significantly elevated levels of methane at water depth greater than 2500 feet, in the vicinity of the Deepwater Horizon spill site. While the total quantity of methane and other hydrocarbons is enough to cause problems with the regional ecosystem, there is no plausible scenario by which this event alone will cause global-scale extinctions.
Source

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
irrelevant. disregard.

And yes, the link works for me too now. Must have been a glitch.

And while the site itself looks cheesy as all hell, (Like a tween girls personal blog) the author of that article is actually credible. I checked.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

The link works fine for me. And no, it does not seem like they are saying the methane could cause a worldwide extinction. There is no possible reading of the above quote that could lead one to that conclusion.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
the guys who originally did the sonar on that gulf site, said they never got any sound back and put it down too the pocket being the biggest and deepest in the world, maybe the sonar hit a methane bubble that could be the biggest in the world, if that earths crust snaps off around that well head due to the expansion of cracks, you hear the sound of a trumpet as the gas leaves the massive hole the ocean will drain into the sink hole leaving 1/3 of world ships will be on the bottom of the ocean in an instant and the rest of the oceans will follow now you have methane and water moving at unknow speeds expanding trying to occupy spaces. even the ice caps will be ripped away and the under water river in the ocean will stop, the weather will change in an instant.

The difference of pressures will happen in an instant, this could be part of the science in a prophecy.

Recall that people of merit are paid to write reports, direction can be misleading.

There was a time when they said cod fishing off of NFLD would last a lifetime, now there is a ban on cod fishing, go figure

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join