It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virtually everything seems to be a lie

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bwinwright

Well said...
I totally agree with you... The question is, What can we the people do about it? How do we "inform" the others in this world that we've all been taken for a ride...?

Good thread... Cheers Mate

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

Couldn't have said it better myself... I do hope discloser is coming, but judging on past though... We'd have to work out what is the lie? And, What is the truth?

I think it would depend on the type of discloser and who is disclosing it..!!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
By the way, the title of this thread is kind of misleading, since the term "virtually" means "not really". At least, in the world of advertising.

Examples:

Virtually unbreakable = Not really unbreakable.

Virtually risk free = not really risk-free

Virtually eliminates odors = eliminates odors? Not really.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
Great info on the lies - now tell me how do we find the truth?

In all my research digging through the endless mountain of lies. I was able to pull out one needle of truth in the haystack of needles that to this day answers so many questions. That is the Thiaoouba Prophecy by Michel Desmarquet.

As far as the OP. The Grey Race is not behind the Illuminati. I know because of the above and I have used AK (applied kinesiology) to determine many questions I needed answers to.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by
Everything is not a lie. And everything is a lie. Sometimes right and wrong are blurry, but people not fighting for what they believe in and doing the right thing is the problem.

If you have to fight, then you've probably already lost, because they always have the superior fighting ability. Right and wrong are never blurry, only your vision is blurry, and your willingness to compromise your commitment. If you vote, you give assent to those on the ballot. Every way you turn you lose. There is only one truth, and it's not a human quality.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
'The opposite is true'. I came to this realisation re govt lines, media, international news, marketing etc etc many years ago. I still apply it to the big stories and events that occur...and it still tends to hold true in most instances.

If those spinning us these yarns actually knew that they were only spinning yarns it would be spotted by some of us immedietely. 'You can fool some of the people some of the time......' In fact the people spinning these yarns to us (for 'yarns' read propaganda) probably believe they are 'informing' the public and believe it all more than joe public ever would. I would think that's why they're in the job. Their belief in what they're saying makes them all the more convincing to us.

In respect of some all powerful secret society/greedy families running the whole world I tend to agree with the post way early on this thread (sorry for missing the quote) that expresses the view that world government and domination may not have been an actual 'plan' so to speak....but rather a (nasty) side effect of modern global communication/transport/banking and trade. However the end result of these perspectives is virtually identical. THE FEW ARE BEING CONTROLED BY THE MANY. We have a 'de facto' world government....not even a democratic one. An autocratic global state?....hmmm.

We keep being suckered. It’s not entirely our fault....not with the marketing, propaganda assault we are inflicted with on a daily basis. Not with the running everywhere just to stand still or slide into debt nevertheless. No time you see. (No money=no planning=easier control) But....once you know the techniques being used....when you recognise them for what they are....their effectiveness ends, and your mind can be free.

Remember post 9/11 the U.S. government’s plea to its citizens not to let this horror impact the economy...and please ‘go out there and shop’? Our capitalist form of democracy is built upon the manipulations of our minds and spending habits. It is based on our willingness to continually fill our houses with, what often becomes, junk. Our buying on the ‘I want’ basis created in us by Bernays (Sigmund Freud's nephew and inventor of the term 'public relations' and originator of the industry) and his disciples is feeding a toxic system which exploits almost everybody at the end of the day. Bernays did regard people as being stupid and always felt real power should be in the hands of the select few while the crowd was fed the illusion that they had a say in matters.

It’s all a form of hypnosis. The overt hypnotic techniques that we are familiar with, therapy or stage hypnotism (even scientology and the military use authoritarian hypnotic techniques) are nothing compared to the efficacy of covert techniques used in the media, in learning centres and in the workplace This is what Bernays realised and implemented....in the name of public relations. We must therefore undergo the process of dehypnotising ourselves to put an end to this mass mania.

We can make a start by watching this documentary by Adam Curtis.

Century Of The Self - Part 1

[edit on 14-7-2010 by christina-66]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
*** 'THE MANY ARE BEING CONTROLLED BY THE FEW'

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Great Post.

I pretty much believe that almost everything in life is a lie. But the trick for me has been to try to find happiness and truth within the illusion of it all.... To be "of" this world but not "in" it.

There are certain things I can believe in: my own truth, that love is real and that certain spiritual principles can help me rise above it all. If you figure out what the fundamental truths are to reality, it helps you to swallow the bitter pills.

What we focus on creates our reality. Your thoughts define you. I'm trying to focus on whatever positivity I can glean from this world, while at the same time not living in ignorance or denial. It's a tough balance.

But trying to walk this line---to open your eyes and see the truth---is hard without some sort of spiritual base to ground you.

If that isn't your thing---then focus on hope. We need all the "hope" we can get.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by bwinwright

forgive me for coming to the party late and for this slightly off topic post but...

when i fist saw the title of this thread: "Virtually everything seems to be a lie"

part of me thought....

Welcome to ATS, make yourself at home!

not sure if anyone else sees the humor in that, but i thought i would share.

sorry & as you were,
et

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

lol....yes 'everything is a lie' pretty much encompasses every possible conspiracy theory known. However learning/seeing something absolutely for yourself i.e. you are there in person, you will know it is true...and probably only then....ever.

Trusting the mass media and/or education systems to feed us the relevent information upon which to base our decisions and actions can be a mistake. They do tend to lie about everything.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Ok so you live in a matrix where the truth conceals the truth.
But the thing is, that truth is used as a weapon against you - I do not believe for one second that, if there was a real evil agenda going on for the world that any of it would be remotely revealed is masonic conspiracies, knights templar, illuminati, rockafellar etc.... The guy told you his plans. Now why would he do that?
Scaremongering.
or perhaps we could chase our tails so long as to say that, the overall confusion from this ends up in us not knowing the truth of anything. Like for example all rockstars, even being used to conceal reality, even those whose lyrics say otherwise. Then there is celebrity glorifying the ego, and the seperation of the One. Then there are people like Noam Chomsky, who're given credit, a lot of it, but do I trust that? There's the whole watchdog thing, and the people there to spread the truth in their beautifully published books; but then it comes out that the've won awards and have even been published at all. That smells like fish to me - it's seeing the details here. If something was a truth that someone in power would know could be used against them it wouldnt be in a book or on radio.
But in order for the truth to look half-way polished we need to give the sherlock holmes's of the world along the way a bit of a ride - make them think, based upon the psychology of a skillful and resourceful species. You can dig yourself out of a hole and still think you're in it, even after seeing the light - it may not be complete sentience, but at least you know how to argue with yourself the same point in a different way....
It does lead to paranoia, but the less I fear, the less I fear if that makes sense - it has no power over you then. It's just hard to believe that some belief could have any power at all in a "material" world, as we know it in first consciouness.
They will use madness against you - you are mad. And maybe you are. The way I think of it is, I am interested in talking about it, but, when it comes to it, you are risking your own mental wellbeing and you will not be able to function if you lose control of your mental borders.... There is nothing wrong with opening up the mind but actual madness itself - all it is, not in a medical term though - is a mind that is losing boundaries and cannot prevent the ammount of overstimulus crowing his brain until he gives into his other egos, an emotional and erractic state that neither defies truth or believes it. Thus creating fantasy worlds of a more emotional, symbolic nature (the nature of 'reality') that have their own 'pattern' of thinking, much like what we call rational thinking. But in rational thinking we are able to cut off one reality to move onto the next ego-reality, someone who is 'unwell' but not necessarily mad cannot do this and is overoccupied with the result of an imaginary future that may harm him/her.

Not too dissimilar to most people's realities just other forms-of.

Here is a simple equation. It may seem not on topic but trust me, it is related.
1stly - you ask yourself, what is true? You've opened a box and you feel you cannot turn back. But one day, you do, you always do and you are still able to live in a place of boundaries and exercise what you think is free will and control over your own life
2 you go through all the options of where to move next in life but that box thing keeps coming up, so you decide to confront it again
3 what happens now is that, you've found out some other unsavoury and not very pleasant things about reality - not reality as in, some definable facts, but the disturbing nature of those 'fluctating boundaries'
so 4 you either give in to complete paranoia, you feel you are handing over your soul, there is no where to run from your own mind and its fear nor the physical threat that may come upon you one day
5 so you think, I dont trust anything/one - so in order to move forward there must be complete self love [cont]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
[cont] a total self love is a total self truth, which requires a total self trust. I am not talking about trust that you are telepathic, for example, but if your mind begins to question everything, even your fellow human beings around you, self love, a TOTAL self love that requires no other lifeform or thing, is actually the way to dissolve boundaries but in a different way. Once total self love is achieved there is no fear, nor selfishness, it is in fact a lie that self-involvement is sinful, but somehow we live in a world full of self-involvement which is disconnected from self entirely. It is not focussing on the true reality of self, but rather the components of self that are related to an external source - or - reliant upon another being which we cannot prove the existence of in order to survive psychologal 'deaths'.
If we are all one, even if it is a dream, then the total trust of self as the only reality is in FACT the only reality, and therfore, that love of self is not somehow a selfish act as it is deemed to be, and appallingly so (as we are told it's apart of evolution and survival, and therefore sometimes ruthless), but the truth that, we are our only reality and no other voice of reason lies anywhere but within yourself. You are able to be self aware because of all of this, that self awareness is a union with self, which in turn is a union with reality itself.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedarktower
I believe capatalism and greed are the problems. If a lie can make money they will tell it.....

I have thought long and hard what can really be done, for the whole of society to be changed. And as of yet, i have no answer available.

The strangest thing is, I just saw your reply today, and I started a thread a month or so ago called.....Capitalism=Greed
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You might want to look at this thread, there are a lot of great posts, and may help to find answers.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by arizonascott[

And it is strange, because the stuff you find is so in your face you can't believe it is so obvious and no one is saying anything. You feel like, "am I alone in knowing all this" and then you realize (thanks to sites like this) that no, you aren't.
From elections to gas prices, everything is a whirl wind of lies! And we are force fed this crap every day as being the norm.

All of us cockroach barbarians are worth absolutely nothing to these people, except for the game of contributing to their wealth and power. And when everyone finally wakes up, they have made sure they can quiet us down. Then they start again, the control, the lies and debt manipulation.

They build a society up to a certain point and then tear it down, that's what they do - it insures power.

This truth will consume any honest man and drive him completely mad.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by arizonascott]

Geez, I am so with you on this, this is exactly how I feel. Thank you for expressing this, I feel like maybe I'm not crazy, because I am not alone in what I feel.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
You hid the key in the last place a person will look.

You hid what a person is looking fo behind their biggest fear.

I am beginning to think the only place we will find truth is in death.

The truth has been hidden where everybody is too afraid to look.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Every lie is half truth

Every truth is half lie.

(from the kybalion)

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join