It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Total Solar Eclipse Sunday—Most Remote of the Century?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Something odd is afoot. Strange weather here in australia, as the sun set just a few hours ago the sky was tinted yellow. Never seen this before, something is wrong here.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Something odd is afoot. Strange weather here in australia, as the sun set just a few hours ago the sky was tinted yellow. Never seen this before, something is wrong here.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

What kind of srange weather, besides the sky color?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
This is not "Heroes", nothing is triggered by an eclipse.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Watchout for niburi. lol.

Lovely pictures to come. Cannot wait.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ickylevel

But people with astrological beliefs act when there is an eclipse. And there is alot of action going on right now. Events converging around this date. Orchestrations of events by those nebulous PTB with an alleged vested interest in occult timing.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Well its stormy as hell right now, we have a strong storm on its way tonight with wind gusts coming at 125km/hr (thats news I heard 1 minute ago on tv)

also the stormy weather this week has come and gone in odd bursts like suddenly stopping. What about where you are located?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Please dont let this thread and others like it get trashed by nay sayers. Provide proof before slating a thread please..

The evidence is there that theres a possibility of something on the cards.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
The longest eclipse of this series happening during the midst of all this wierdness just strikes me as something to take notice of.

Thoughts?

Something quirky struck me as I read "Easter Island". Because those old cultures LOVED astrological alignments and built their mega structures in accordance.

Does anyone know how it's going to line up with Easter Island?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Batten down the hatches. Sounds bad.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Here's something interesting I just found re: Easter Island:

Six Kilometers of Caves Discovered at Easter Island
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And:

www.themoneytimes.com...

The eclipse will begin at 2:15 p.m. ET north of New Zealand near the Cook Islands; continue past Easter Island and ends in Chile at 4:52 p.m. ET.The eclipse will last the longest for 5 minutes 20 seconds over open Pacific waters at 3:33 p.m. ET. This is the best chance for people around the world to see the site (sic).

[edit on 7/11/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Luke 21:25-26

25And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

26Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
Here's something interesting I just found re: Easter Island:

Six Kilometers of Caves Discovered at Easter Island
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And:

www.themoneytimes.com...

The eclipse will last the longest for 5 minutes 20 seconds over open Pacific waters at 3:33 p.m. ET. This is the best chance for people around the world to see the site (sic).

The eclipse begins 15 mins before kickoff?? Wow makes me think the Final Match has been orchestrated to match the eclipse for some reason maybe. wtf are tptb up to...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Didn't Mayan's essentially play "Soccer" except with a head and harsher penalties? And didn't they also love eclipses?

Hmm... Will it eclipse the game?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Does anyone know of a live stream from Easter island we could watch tonight of the eclipse??

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten
Does anyone know of a live stream from Easter island we could watch tonight of the eclipse??

Three views of the airfield of Hanga Roa, Easter Island (Rapa Nui)

Left is live, right is reference.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

I am willing to bet anything that if you just researched everything else that had been happening around the world during other solar eclipses. You would see that there is no "critical mass" developing or anything out of the ordinary.

Military presence in other regions, earthquakes, volcanoes and any other disaster have been happening since the beginning of civilization and then some. The fact that we are now globally networked through technology only allows the masses to know of more things happening around the world at once.

The speculation of a lunar eclipse to any type of disaster or biblical apocalypse is exactly what earlier civilizations used to instill fear to the masses of the uneducated.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

15mins?!!!
wow, my thread www.abovetopsecret.com...
I have tied this to the world cup and also the significance of the destination.
City of Gold which as we all know Gold is a major factor today and history.
You may also want to look into the actual stadium and where its design came from.

One of the most artistic and awe-inspiring football venues on the African continent, the newly-reconstructed Soccer City Stadium will host the first and final matches of the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™.

The ground's design is inspired by the iconic African pot known as the calabash, and its aesthetic appeal will be heightened when the stadium is lit at night. Soccer City is located in Johannesburg's southwest and is only a short distance from one of the country's football-crazy townships, Soweto. About 40 per cent of Johannesburg's population live in Soweto and this proximity is bound to make the stadium a hub of activity throughout the 2010 finals.

The stadium is widely regarded as the heart of football in South Africa as it has hosted many important matches through history. In the mid 1980s, officials came together to build the first international football stadium in the country and the construction was funded from the football fraternity's coffers. Soccer City hosted the first mass rally of Nelson Mandela after his release from prison in 1990. Thousands of mourners lamented Chris Hani's assassination at the stadium in 1993. It was also the venue for the 1996 CAF African Cup of Nations final, with South Africa eventually triumphing 2-0 over Tunisia.

The original stadium, which was known as the FNB Stadium, had a capacity of 80,000. Upgrades involved extending the upper tier to increase the capacity to 84,490; adding 99 more suites to bring the number to 184; constructing an encircling roof; adding new changing room facilities and installing new floodlighting.
www.fifa.com...=5007759/index.html

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mryanbrown

See here:

"MAYAN GAMES
THE DREAM AND THE REALITY"
compiled by Dee Finney

www.greatdreams.com...

The Mayans were great sportsmen and build (sic) huge ballcourts to play their games. The Great Ballcourt of Chichén Itzá is 545 feet long and 225 feet wide overall. It has no vault, no discontinuity between the walls and is totally open to the sky...

Different symbols are brought together in the ball game. Archaeologists think the ball symbolized the sun and the game re-enacted its apparent orbit around the Earth. The sun was worshipped as a god and by playing the game, one became somewhat akin to the Sun-God. But the game might also have signaled a changing season, so that it served a purpose as well. Since agrarian societies require a timekeeper to regulate agricultural tasks, these rituals were vital to the Mayan society's survival.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Source: Wikipedia (Mayan Civilization)

The Maya were very interested in zenial passages, the time when the sun passes directly overhead.

The Maya underworld is reached through caves and ball courts

Ball courts. As an integral aspect of the Mesoamerican lifestyle, the courts for their ritual ball-game were constructed throughout the Maya realm and often on a grand scale. Enclosed on two sides by stepped ramps that led to ceremonial platforms or small temples, the ball court itself was of a capital "I" shape and could be found in all but the smallest of Maya cities.

Source: Wikipedia (Ball Game)

The Quichean Twin myth provides important analogues for interpreting the ballgame from a mythological perspective. In a general sense, it links ballcourts with death: The ballcourt became a place of transition, a liminal stage between life and death.

Which I personally find kind of cool. Because I consider the twilight of eclipses as kind of that "grey" area. Not light, but not darkness just transitional.

It is sometimes believed[attribution needed] that the multiple gods represented nothing more than a mathematical explanation of what they observed. Each god was literally just a number or an explanation of the effects observed by a combination of numbers from multiple calendars.

I think this is great. It was like they took our method for "writing out" our work for say division or multiplication. But converted it into an abstract visual representation for celestial events.

A visual way to pass down complex abstract mathematical theory.

Philosophically, the Maya believed that knowing the past meant knowing the cyclical influences that create the present, and by knowing the influences of the present one can see the cyclical influences of the future.

My last spill on this, I promise...

I wonder about the possibility that sporting events are merely psychic connections where a large mass of people can focus on the outcome of a "battle". But that in particular events like a full eclipse for instance...

We pass through that twilight which is "passing through the portal" in some dimension we aren't aware of. And the event is really a spiritual battle being fought under the guise of a sporting ritual.

Like the world-cup is all the civilizations competing for who will triumph once through the "portal". Like a fork in the time line.

Idk if that makes sense, but I can elaborate if needed. Idk.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by mryanbrown]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join