It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Total Solar Eclipse Sunday—Most Remote of the Century?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Total Solar Eclipse Sunday—Most Remote of the Century?

news.nationalgeographic.com

On Sunday the moon's shadow will sweep across Earth during one of the most remote total solar eclipses of the century.

The eclipse will be visible only along a narrow, 155-mile-wide (250-kilometer-wide) band that will cross the Pacific Ocean, starting north of New Zealand at 2:15 p.m. ET and ending in the southernmost tip of South America at 4:52 p.m. ET.

As it crosses the Pacific, the total solar eclipse will also darken a handful of remote South Pacific islands, including Easter Island
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Missiles in Poland, 46 Navy Ships Evac to Costa Rica, Tomahawks off China? Now I Get It. You Better

"Solar Eclipse of July 11"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 7/11/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Today's eclipse may be important to those directing the timing of some of the current events we are witnessing: missiles in Poland, 46 Navy Ships moving to station off Costa Rica, US/Israeli fleet movements to striking distance of Iran, Tomahawks off China, the BP oil "extinction level event" (so-called), etc.. To the NWO, and the like, astrological and astronomical timing is everything to their so-called occult agenda.

Also: "This is the 27th eclipse of Saros 146. The series began on September 19 1541 with the first of an unusually long series of 22 partial eclipses...The 2010 eclipse marks the longest totality of Saros 146." (see link below)

The longest eclipse of this series happening during the midst of all this wierdness just strikes me as something to take notice of.

Thoughts?

"Total Solar Eclipse 2010 in America on July 11, 2010"
Posted on 11. Jul, 2010 by Chris Inkwood
www.keenobservers.com...

Total Solar Eclipse 2010 in America on July 11, 2010 – People have to witness two remarkable events today, July 11, 2010, the first one is the World Cup 2010 Finals featuring the Netherlands vs Spain live at the South Africa at exactly 2:30 pm ET and the other one is the total solar eclipse which is set to happen in the Earth today.

Apparently, the eclipse will begin at 2:15 p.m. ET north of New Zealand near the Cook Islands, continue past Easter Island and ending in Chile at the southernmost tip of South America at 4:52 p.m. ET. Furthermore, the eclipse will last the longest for 5 minutes 20 seconds over open Pacific waters at 3:33 p.m. ET on Sunday July 11.

This will be one of the best chances for those around the world to witness the total solar eclipse. Some parts of the America were not able to view the partial lunar eclipse so you better grab this opportunity now to make up somewhat for this rare event on Earth.

Please stay tuned here for the possible video live coverage of the Total Solar Eclipse 2010.

"Eclipses During 2010"
eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov...

This is the 27th eclipse of Saros 146 (Espenak and Meeus, 2006). The series began on 1541 Sep 19 with the first of an unusually long series of 22 partial eclipses. The first central eclipse was total with a maximum duration of 4.1 minutes on 1938 May 29. Subsequent total eclipses in the series have seen an increase in the duration of totality. The 2010 eclipse marks the longest totality of Saros 146 because future durations will decrease.The series produces the first of 4 hybrid eclipses on 2172 Oct 17. The remaining 24 central eclipses of Saros 141 are all annular and span the period from 2244 Dec 01 to 2659 Aug 10. The series ends with a set of 13 partial eclipses the last of which occurs on 2893 Dec 29.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Nothing of major negative significance will happen tomorrow. Why?

It would be way too obvious.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
And I think this ties in as well; the day the BP disaster began was April 20th:

"April 19th-20th Feast of Moloch"

and this as well:

"July 11th..."

posted on 7/3/2010 @ 02:43 AM
by CanadianDream420

July 11th...
World Cup finals... Riots.
Darkest night of 2010,
new moon... Israeli night attack on Iran.
Estimated arrival for more US warships in Gulf... Worrisome.
Total Solar Eclipse over Easter Island... Just creepy.
Time Wave Zero... July 11th is next major date.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I think we are in for a very eventful few days here and i wish you all well.
______beforeitsnews/news/98/129/Here_Comes_The_Trouble_A_BIG_Bright_CME_To_Hit_At_Same_Time_As_Eclipse_We_could_have_MASSIVE_BLACKOUTS.html

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

I hope you dont mind but you may want to check out my thread too, it all ties in, including Easter Island!!!

Also...Wheres Obama?
______beforeitsnews/story/98/164/Wheres_Obama_This_Weekend_-_Area_51_-_Bohemian_Grove.html

[edit on 11-7-2010 by jazz10]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Thank you for the heads up. Will check it out. :-)

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
wow thanx for posting this. i am glad you have as i wouldnt have known about this.
i cant miss this and especially with it being so rare.
how come that when such alignments are happening in our skies, it seems to affect events happening on the earth? such as wars and disasters and things.
it cant be just coincidence can it?
or can it?
dooby

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

I completely forgot about the sunspot and possible CME. It sure will be an interesting day! Thanks for that reminder> :-)

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
What we are all forgetting here is that if there is a flare that is capable of knocking out power grids then we are possibly on a race against time to share as much info as possibly before we are sitting here without power or black screens? Anyone have a specific timeframe of events?
Asteroid pass? (is this true?)
CME flares
Sunspot
Eclipse (total for easter island)
World cup final
Will aircraft be grounded too, am i right in thinking that airline companies will be grounding?
If power was cut, what is held captive that will be released?
Questions are endless here, but i`d rather know than not know at all.
Safe than sorry?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Am I cynical for actually hoping that something does happen? I'm just a bit irritated seeing hundreds of predictions, good and bad, fail to come to pass.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

The end as we know it? Anew leaf for all? A new begining?
That all depends i suppose. Evolution.
Im hoping for change, BIG change.
We live in a world where some have everything while others have nothing, maybe its what we need to bring us all on par?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   

what? no mention of the very likely 4-5 day window for a big earthquake?

seeing as how the gravitational forces are lined up and pulling on the Earth's crust :

(earth)>--

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Yes, whilst it's lovely to think that many lives may have been saved by ATS'ers diligence, as "false flag" plans get leaked and publicised, at the end of the day nothing happens, with no evidence anything was averted. Let's just keep quiet and let them play their hand.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
[mo

I don't have any specific predictions. But things seem to me to be approaching some kind of critical mass. And an eclipse, especially this one, may be of significance to those elites who orchestrate events on the global stage. I suppose anything could happen. Somebody once said
"Millionaires don't pay attention to astrology, billionaires do". So...

I'm actually hoping for a global zombie apocalypse, but it's probably just not in the cards, sadly.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Please read this.

Easter Island is a very interesting place for sure!!

www.google.co.uk... sg=AFQjCNG65I5A96iu-vhh64mCAsbJ3pqyBg

[edit on 11-7-2010 by jazz10]
Easter Island - Rapa Nui

THE CONNECTION TO EXTRATERRESTRIALS
www.greatdreams.com/ufos/long-ears.htm

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
RAY:
"What he means is Old Testament biblical, Mr. Mayor. Real wrath-of-God-type stuff. Fire and brimstone coming from the sky! Rivers and seas boiling!"

EGON"
"Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes! Volcanoes!"

WINSTON:
"The dead rising from the grave!"

PETER:
"Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!"

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Off topic i know but check out USGs?
Magnitude 6.2 - SOUTH OF THE MARIANA ISLANDS
2010 July 10 11:43:32 UTC
Magnitude 5.8 - SOLOMON ISLANDS
2010 July 10 12:54:19 UTC
Magnitude 5.1 - SOUTH OF THE FIJI ISLANDS
2010 July 10 14:49:47 UTC
Magnitude 5.1 - SOUTH INDIAN OCEAN
2010 July 11 02:24:06 UTC
Magnitude 5.1 - KERMADEC ISLANDS REGION
2010 July 10 23:04:23 UTC
Normal?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

I've been following the earthquakes as well. I don't see anything out of the ordinary, but I'm no siesmologist. I am slightly on edge though, since Haiti and the small number of larger quakes since then. Something to mull over...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
And I just remembered reading on ATS recently something about this eclipse and it's connection to past and future Jewish Feasts here:

"Av 1st, 2010"

Also see here:
"Four 'blood-red' total lunar eclipses will fall on Passover and Sukkot in 2014 and 2015, the same back-to-back occurrences at the time of 1492, 1948 and 1967 "
by by Bill Koenig
www.watch.org.../index.html&showsubj=1&mcat=24

Solar eclipses of 2008, 2009 and 2010 — and their connection to the month of Av

Additionally, Mark has discovered through NASA that there will be three annual solar eclipses on the 1st of Av, beginning this year and running through 2010. We know that the month of Av — and especially the 9th of Av — has been the most trying period throughout history for the Jewish people.

Total solar eclipses have been a bad omen for the nations, while blood-red moons have been a bad omen for the Jewish people and Israel.

Total solar eclipses and the month of Av

On the first of Av in 2008, 2009 and 2010, there will be total solar eclipses.

NASA: Total solar eclipses occur on these dates:

* Aug. 1, 2008 (1st of Av)
* July 22, 2009 (1st of Av)
* July 11, 2010 (1st of Av)

The 1st of Av falls on these dates in 2008, 2009 and 2010:

* Aug. 1, 2008 (5768)
* July 21, 2009 (5769)
* July 11, 2010 (5770)

NOTE: The first of Av begins at sundown and ends at sundown the following day.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join