It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Total Solar Eclipse Sunday—Most Remote of the Century?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

To comment, I don't think it would have one. The moon isn't much closer I don't think. Just in front of the Sun.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

I have little knowledge regarding this can you provide more info?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

This morning there was a 5.1 magnitude earthquake in the south indian ocean only 3135km north of the south pole....

wth is going on

earthquake.usgs.gov...

[edit on 11-7-2010 by rajaten]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mryanbrown

Sorry i meant as the eclipse, both the sun and moon tugging? Will this happen or is there no changes at all during eclipse?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

All southern hemisphere, and located in the vicinity of Oz.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

I can only guess what caused it and what the effects globally may be. Your guess is as good as mine jazz.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

It's essentially the same as seeing the Moon in the background during the day, only it's position blocks the sun.

There shouldn't be any abnormal tidal forces.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
While you are all discussing this I just posted that a major sunspot is forming here

abovetopsecret

Ive heard somewhere that a major flare could possibly hit the earth in a few hours, so the moons position could help deflect it as well...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Just out of curiosity i would like to know, The moon has effects on tides?
Assuming thats right then what are the chances of this eclipse having on effect on the ocean as its passing? Large body of water? Curious thats all.

It's been shown mathematically that even if all the planets aligned there would be no devastating gravitational effect on the Earth. I'll have to look up a citation for that little tidbit though.

[edit on 7/11/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Thanks for that, just trying to cancel out all possibilities.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
hi all

i've been trying to find a live webcam to watch the eclipse, can anyone provide a link to one please? my apologies if someone already has in previous posts, just trying to save myself some time.

by the way, while web-hunting i came across this video of an eclipse taken from space. after watching it i thought it didnt look anywhere near as spectacular as as it does here on earth.

www.space.com...

dooby

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll
hi all

i've been trying to find a live webcam to watch the eclipse, can anyone provide a link to one please? my apologies if someone already has in previous posts, just trying to save myself some time.

by the way, while web-hunting i came across this video of an eclipse taken from space. after watching it i thought it didnt look anywhere near as spectacular as as it does here on earth.

www.space.com...

dooby

Ok here you go:

"Chase a total eclipse on the Web"
cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Originally posted by doobydoll
hi all

www.space.com...

dooby

www.camscape.com...

thank you very much. appreciated

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

That last Camscape one wasn't it. Try this one

Chase a total eclipse on the Web
cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

Originally posted by mryanbrown

The longest eclipse of this series happening during the midst of all this wierdness just strikes me as something to take notice of.

Thoughts?

Something quirky struck me as I read "Easter Island". Because those old cultures LOVED astrological alignments and built their mega structures in accordance.

Does anyone know how it's going to line up with Easter Island?

You beat me to it ... I was going to ask exactly the same thing. It would be interesting to know where the eclipse shadow makes landfall and were it leaves ... don't know why but this 'feels' important in some way.

Woody

eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov...
"it makes no landfall except for Mangaia (Cook Islands) and Easter Island (Isla de Pascua). The path of totality ends just after reaching southern Chile and Argentina"

Sorry about that I didn't explain myself very clearly ... what I actually meant was where the shadow makes landfall on Easter Island ... and where it leaves Easter Island. Put my lack of a proper explanatary vocabulary down to excitement.

Woody

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

You can download a Google Earth KMZ overlay at:xjubier.free.fr...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/02bfd24b8ce6.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8776eb6559c8.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
uh oh

Sounds bad

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Just had a post on my thread regarding HAARP
maestro.haarp.alaska.edu...

I dont know what im looking at here to be honest but apparently it was turned on at midnight. Anyone veryify this? Im not doubting the poster here just passing info on that i find relevant IMO.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
Just had a post on my thread regarding HAARP

I dont know what im looking at here to be honest but apparently it was turned on at midnight. Anyone veryify this? Im not doubting the poster here just passing info on that i find relevant IMO.

I dont understand it but ive just been checking the same graph for different days and the streak seems very unique. Possibly an anomaly or error, but my heart tells me its not just a mistake, too much is going on right now, I sense something dark creeps towards us all.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by rajaten]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Me too. I get a sense that something is up, but where the hell are all the debunkers? At least come and try and prove us wrong here

Is it safe to say that maybe this time we all feel the same that something is on the cards here?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join