It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil Company Executive injured after box left at her door explodes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
There is no mention of the executive's name or company, just that she was an oil company executive in Houston. I wonder if it's related to the BP disaster, seems logical it would be in light of everything - however, I guess it could be totally unrelated. Anyone have any additional info?

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Local and federal investigators were at a northwest Houston home Friday night where an explosion sent a woman to the hospital.

The woman was opening a package left at her doorstep in the 2100 block of Seamist Court Friday evening. She had found the shoe-sized box in front of her home about a day ago but didn't decide to open it until around 6:30pm Friday.

The woman, who officials said is in her 60s, took the box to the backyard and opened it on the patio. That's when it exploded.

"Don't know where it came from -- postal service or whether it was dropped off. I don't have that information yet," said HPD Lt. Colin Weatherly."The person went outside, basically opened the packaged; it detonated."

Residents told Eyewitness News that when the bomb went off, it sounded like a transformer blew.

The woman was transported to Northwest Memorial Hospital with facial injuries that are not life-threatening.

Officials with the Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, as well as the Houston Police Department's homicide and bomb squad were at the scene investigating.

It wasn't immediately clear whether the house was targeted, however, Eyewitness News found out the home is owned by an oil company executive.

Oooh, sorry.. forgot the link. Box left at woman's door explodes

[edit on 10/7/2010 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Ouch.... nasty.

If they dont release the info on who and what she is then probs is a BP exec/employee.....

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
That's just downright asinine, ignorant and accomplishes absolutely Nothing.

I hope they catch the idiot and also that the woman recovers from her injuries.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Until they release the name of the victim and corporation she worked for, I'm suspicious of this story. Don't get me wrong, I believe someone was bombed, but by releasing that the executive worked for an "oil company" but not releasing the name of the company is a way to make it sound like she worked for a company other than BP.

If they came right out and said it was "BP" many people upset with BP right now might have a response of "serves her right!". But people won't have that knee-jerk reaction if they don't know which "oil company" she works for.

This is how you control the masses. The last thing they want right now is for this to become a trend. I'm sure there are people in the Gulf states right now whose lives are ruined and mad enough to take measures into their own hands if the government continues to do nothing.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I have been arguing for awhile that Big Oil is effectively the same thing as terrorism.

In my area we are dealing with a lesser known evil - Fracking:

This drilling process uses toxic chemicals under high pressure in water to break up rock formations deep underground releasing the natural gas. The targeted material for this natural gas drilling runs through approximately eight states including Pennsylvania and upstate New York and is known as the Marcellus Shale. The hydrofracking drilling method requires millions of gallons of water that the United States Department of Energy considers one of the most toxic industrial byproducts produced by gas and oil drilling.

If terrorists came in and blew up some rednecks they'd form a militia and fight back. Just because these Big Oil Terrorists are shooting tiny toxic bullets out of big guns does not make them less evil, just because they wear suits and are caucasian doesn't mean we shouldn't be equally drastic...

I'm just saying the hippies need to put down the bong and pick up a sniper rifle...Seriously, we can't stop them with words or protests or laws, what's left?

Oh yeah, my free energy device.

I wish real terrorists would understand that blowing things up is redundant and lacking novelty...play the game, just do it better than your enemy.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Kalki11]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
At one point in the video they state that the man worked for an oil company and his wife picked up the package and opened it.

She may not even have been the "guilty one" so to speak in terms of working for the big bad oil company.

This sort of violence is not the right way to fight the oil giants. I can imagine oil execs all over the world, nevertheless are being advised to take extraordinary caution in their day to day lives to stay safe.

Even larger barriers are going to be put up between the haves and have-nots.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I am in no way condoning this act.

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
That's just downright asinine, ignorant and accomplishes absolutely Nothing.

I hope they catch the idiot and also that the woman recovers from her injuries.

Whilst I do agree that it was asinine and ignorant, I'll also add morally wrong to that too, but it has accomplished something, it shows what lengths people might go to when their homes and livelihoods are being destroyed.

The worse the situation gets, the more of this we will see I'm afraid.

Something we should consider at this stage is that it could be entirely unrelated to BP, but if it is the reason(s) behind it are still unknown.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Very sad! My first thought was that oh shoot its beginning.

Wasn't it Gerald Cilente that said " When people have nothing less to loose the loos it".

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
here's another article on the event...

HPD: Woman injured after package explodes in face

HOUSTON – A 62-year-old woman was injured Friday evening when a package she was opening blew up outside a home in northwest Houston, police said.

It happened at about 6:45 in the 2100 block of Seamist Court. A man and woman who lived at the house received the package on their porch a couple of days ago, police said.

also a clip of the KHOU broadcast report of the event at the link above.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Damn. Homegrown terrorism is the worst. Glad she wasn't hurt worse, but if this is really connected to her job with an oil company it's a pretty dire indication of the level of anger in the country, isn't it?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Why the heck would she open it anyway?? She had to know it was suspicious, that's why she opened it up in the back yard instead of the house.

Dumb IMO.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I have been saying to my wife for over a year that I'm amazed this kind of violence hasn't become commonplace. Look at the average Joe's life: In nearly every aspect where we pay for services, we are treated like sheep when we have a problem and need help/remediation.

My anecdotal evidence:

When I need to call my phone company, I get ineffectual foreigners on the line almost every time.
My healthcare disputes everything as a preconceived condition (baby's ear infection!) and won't cover obvious, basic healthcare issues anymore.
Government agencies, when not rude, still require mountains of paperwork to navigate.
When Govt and corporations demand my money, I have to pay up, now. When I deserve their money, I have to fight and argue and wait for it.

Add to this daily frustration a government out of control, border issues, racial issues, economic issues...you get the drift. I think somewhere soon there's gonna be a tipping point where it's not whacko's that are out putting bombs on porches...it's the average Joe who just can't take another thing

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Using the News video report, in conjunction with some other *sources*, I was able to determine that the Owners and Address of that corner lot is:

MOORE JAMES BROCK III & VENNIE WOLF
2102 SEAMIST CT

And here is the photo of James (the "oil executive") on his
company's website:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c60a7bd2d9d7.jpg[/atsimg]

He looks like a nice enough guy. If you do some googleing, you'll see that they donate a couple hundred bucks to some engineering school and that's about it. They are both around their 60's.

What kind of coward would do this to people? I'm guessing it was Vennie Wolf who got hurt. I hope she recovers well.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I sincerely hope that no one thinks this attack is commendable.

No matter how much a person is angry/upset at a company, that does not give them the right to plant a bomb to injure / kill someone, no matter whether that someone works for a so-called `evil company` or not.

I hope this woman is ok.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by tappy]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by blamethegreys

Yeah I agree. It is logical that these things would start happening at some point - not saying that it's right in any way... just logical.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

The thing that's so completely stupid about even the idea of this attack is that these "targets" are so low on the totem pole. The house is assessed by the county at around $457,000. That's very nice, but it's NOTHING compared to what the big wigs at BP have (multi-millions).

Why attack this guy? He doesn't work for BP. He is president of a small "exploration" company which are probably a dime-a-dozen down in Texas.

I'm wondering if he knows something that BP or someone doesn't want him release and this was a warning to him? Just a guess.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I hope she recovers! This could be a lesson for any worker or executive working in the oil industry right now. Do not open suspicious packages, keep an eye on your car and home. People are angry right now over the oil spill and when people get angry they don't always do the right thing.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Could just be an angry citizen, but this sounds more like the CIA's MO.

They just love promoting violence and terrorism, especially when it can easily be blamed on a vague demographic, like 'disenfranchised Gulf Resident".

And I agree with the comments above who ask 'who the hell opens a strange package left on your doorstep?'

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Not a fan of BP, but since this doesn't relate to the deepwater issue, should it not be moved to the other current events or breaking news forum?

[edit on 10-7-2010 by manta78]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Maybe it wasn't suspicious though. Maybe it looked harmless or even intriguing, like a box from Amazon or something like that. So much stuff is delivered at the door step these days (ebay, amazon, ups, fedex) it would be very easy for someone to let their guard down.

But your advice is spot on. If you work for or live with anyone that has ANYTHING to do with the oil industry, make sure you are expecting a package before you open it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join