It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil Company Executive injured after box left at her door explodes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Is there any to find out if this company was involved in deep well or water drilling/exploration? I agree with a previous post. It could be a keep quiet notice. After all, she was injured by a bomb in front of her and not blown to pieces.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Do we even know if this is real. I have seen many manufactured events to stimulate public opinion and to me this kinda reeks of propaganda. Imaginary or not I would not condone this kind of thing. Also, they can secure an entire coast line, but not their own homes? An explosion= minor injuries? That coupled with needing a better image, maybe a victim or so, this smells.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by manta78
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Not a fan of BP, but since this doesn't relate to the deepwater issue, should it not be moved to the other current events or breaking news forum?

I think it could likely relate to the deepwater disaster. There are a couple of different ways it could. Even since we've determined it wasn't a BP exec., there's this:

Originally posted by harrytuttle
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman
I'm wondering if he knows something that BP or someone doesn't want him release and this was a warning to him? Just a guess.

That's not to say it couldn't be a coincidence and totally not related though...

Who knows?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by awakentired

According to the Adams Resource Exploration website, they are NOT involved in deep exploration:

We concentrate on onshore lower exposure plays, and use state-of-the-art seismic techniques to limit risk.

HOWEVER, maybe they have had a tango with BP. Again, from their website:

This is best exemplified by our active participation in the U.K. sector of the North Sea where we have one promote block with partners and have submitted an application for two others in the 24th round held last June.

Source: Adam's about page

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

This sort of violence is not the right way to fight the oil giants. I can imagine oil execs all over the world, nevertheless are being advised to take extraordinary caution in their day to day lives to stay safe.

Even larger barriers are going to be put up between the haves and have-nots.

You're right.

The poor woman was just a victim.

The people with the real power remain nameless and hidden.

They are, for the most part, unreachable by the common person.

TPTB live in gated communities and can afford body guards, cameras and elaborate security systems.

That poor woman was just another low level employee or possibly this incident was allowed to happen to gain common sympathy for the oil companies or foster a sympathetic emotion.

Common people hurting other common people.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Shameless thread promotion aside, I direct you to this thread...

BP employees in danger?

And my quote from that thread...

I'd think it safe to say that BP employees might be in danger from people who are overly frustrated and probably mentally unbalanced. Looking for a way to "pay BP back".

I hope all the best for the woman involved in this tragedy, and even though it seems clear she wasn't really invovled with BP, or with the ongoing crisis I think its reasonable to assume that many employees or people in the industry could be at a higher risk of danger, considering the frustration felt by people, and the lack of information, or action by BP and the gov.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Doesn't this crime sound a LOT like what the Unabomber (aka Ted Kaczynski) did?

He would leave packages, bags, with bombs in them at places of business, labs, homes, etc.

If they don't catch whomever did this, then I'd bet money we'll see more of these style attacks in the future.

I bet they have the FBI's best forensic bomb experts working this case right now. I hope they catch the sucker.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
UPDATE: Target of the attack was the WIFE "Vennie Wolf", not the oil executive husband.

According to ABC news, the bomb was disguised as chocolates, and had a card with her name on/in it:

Neighbors who had seen the package say it was disguised to look like a box of chocolates left inside a gift bag with a card attached reading "thank you."

"A bomb is limited by the builder's imagination," Elder said.

The only clue it was a fake, neighbors say, was the victim's name was spelled incorrectly.

This story is really weird. Makes me wonder what the husband has been up to. I wonder if this is a warning of some sorts? I mean, the bomb blew up, it seems in her face but it didn't kill her. It wounded her.

If this were an eco-terrorist, you'd think they would target the oil executive man himself and make a bomb that was designed to kill, right?

Something doesn't add up.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

I have a feeling that your connecting a threat to this bombing incident is spot on!

they threatened the exec with his wife. He didn't comply... she gets a package that has an identifiable marking on it that makes her go against her better judgement and decide to open it...

Marking is destroyed, wife is hurt, exec will now dummy up.

The corporation is once again safe! (breaths a sigh of relief) (*GAG*)

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Score one for the enviromentalists!

Wonder if they got the bomb instructions from a local mosque? You know....where the other terrorists hang out?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I can't really add much more as I can't locate any other sources that are not already here. (the members here are great at that)!
So all my input is why? It doesn't sound like the motives of any structured environmental group. I do not think that an aggrieved business owner or resident would target the wife. I don't think we have the real story here and like others have mentioned there may be more to this than we currently know.

Either way bombs are for cowards. I sincerely hope that this does not become the norm as this is an easy from of intimidation which can easily be replicated and taken on by anyone who cares for it.

Peace

top topics

<< 1   >>

join