It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Else See Peripheral Beings?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
When I was younger I used to see one a lot, here in the house. At the time I had this typewriter, and so I was typing something and I would see a dark being with the corner of my eye, and he (I'm assuming it was a he, for some reason) was wearing one of those old top hats.. funny thing is, that I could see it waving its arms, like if he was trying to get my attention.. it wasn't scary, it was just weird...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I only see them at home. It doesn't matter what time of day. I also see peripherals of different heights. After hearing Michio Kaku and other physicists with theories of many different dimensions, perhaps this phenomenon will be discovered as being real and founded in real science.

Or perhaps I'm going insane.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Happens all the time. The one i see the most is small, like a small dog or cat size, walking past a doorway, i turn to look and nothings there. The larger human sized ones freak me out more cause i'm always afraid of getting an intruder where i live (never felt safe in this neighborhood), but for the most part, been seeing these tricks of the eye since i was younger and seems i see them much more than ever these days.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Yeah actually, I get them a lot and that is actually normal.
I dunno if you have every seen any episodes of mystery Hunters, but they did one concerning this topic and these dark figures are referred to as "shadow people"
They are supposedly ghosts that take the form of dark shadows and, even though they are harmless, they follow people around and freak them out.
However, they are most likely fake. Peripheral vision is always the most blurry part of your vision, and any shape can be easily distorted. Sometimes it may be an object passing by, or something as simple as distorted light. Also, there is the rare occasion when it is actually your own shadow and your quick movement of your head to look at it causes your shadow to move......

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Hi FlamingSwan,

Wanted to share this with you and others. This happened to a friend of mine upstate New York... long island area I believe it was.

She told me that when she was a child, that she experienced this cloaked dark man at night. She was so scared , prayed and had to pull the cover over her head. Her parents did not believe her.

She stated that she could hear it coming ...like hooves sounding on the hardwood floors...up to her bed. She would cringe tightly under the covers even hearing this thing's breathing heavily. The description of it leaving was like it was vaccuumed up... ????

Not my experience... thankfully!

PS As an adult, she was hearing voices, telling her to kill her children but overcame these voices... She is a Christian friend, and with no reason to lie to me...
Whatever it is... May God give you protection is all I can add!

Very interesting thread here, thanks!
S-Lou

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
When I sit in the sun and focus about a meter to my front i see hundreds of independently moving and dancing pinpoints of light that seem to rush around and interact with each other. They are not floaters or flecks on my eyeball, but independent light entities. Been seeing them for about a year now. Have done some research on them and found them to be not uncommon.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by copper5661

Or, perhaps, all this has to do with your home... Maybe there is a reason you always see them there.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

Hey SeekerLou,

Thanks for the add man. That is a creepy story. Did she ever go to a clairvoyant or anything, to see why she heard/saw that cloaked figure?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
been seeing alot of these things all my life and and sometime i actually think there is someone there.. freaky. maybe its our brains trying to fill this blind spot with shadows and shapes.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Vrils r cool

That is a good theroy Vrils r cool but, you got to wonder... IF it is our brains making this up, then why make the shadows of a human figure?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
well maybe its because we see so many people daily and we usually always quick snap to what our peripheral is seeing to see whos coming or whats coming. brain reflex?

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Vrils r cool]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by theflamingswan92
Has it happened to you? You are in your home, maybe walking alone in the street, when in the corner of your eye, you see a pure black being, and when you go to face them, nothing is there... This happens to me quite often, these "peripheral beings" as I call them (because they can only be seen in your peripheral vision) seem to be everywhere I go. Am I alone? Am I the only one who gets stalked by these shadowy figures?

I'm almost embarrassed to reply to this, as I do not believe in this type of stuff. HOWEVER, the last two evenings, I have continuously seen "something" out of my peripheral vision. It appears as hands and a head peeking around a corner. When I fix my eyes upon it, there is nothing there.

I tried staring at the location for a good while and nothing. Then look away and, almost immediately, I see it in my peripheral vision again.

I figured it was due to over exposure to the sun/heat, as I have been doing an exorbitant amount of landscaping the last few days.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Vrils r cool

Could be, however I still maintain my belief that there is another explanation to this phenomena

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Hey SeekerLou,

Thanks for the add man. That is a creepy story. Did she ever go to a clairvoyant or anything, to see why she heard/saw that cloaked figure?

I don't think so... She was still a little girl when she moved. Once she moved out of the house, she no longer saw this thing... I was told this over 20 years ago btw, Your thread brought it back! Weird stuff eh? I think it is demonic.

As an adult, she married a Mason and had kids. She told me that it was then, that she started hearing the voices to kill her children. She got divorced, became a Christian ...and hasn't had any experience since then that I am aware.

I got a goooood look at the Masonic Bible that she had in her possession btw.
I know that is off topic but.....sorry,..I just found it interesting, in that I got to hold and examine one for myself.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I absolutly love this phenomenon!

I see far more than "beings" though, I have seen "bugs", "animals", and "machines"!

Keep in mind the quotation marks ("") The things I have seen aren't really bugs, animals, and machines. That is just what they look like, to me.

What are the "shadows"? I have no idea.

I want them to be magical, some type of lifeform/entity. But my wants are irrelevant, unfortunately.

Chances are they are just my eyes playing tricks on me. The process of sight is a large equation, plenty of variables to "mess up" along the way.

So, as per my Occam Mach 5, while I see these things (regularly) chances are I am just going blind...Wait, that is my Murphy's Razor...chances are the "shadows" are just my brain trying to make sense of what input it is receiving.

Now, "Shadow Man" that's a different experience all-together. ("He" comes around during sleep paralysis. Creepy creep experience in comparison.)

EDIT (To clarify)
Um yeah, I see the same types as the OPer. "Out of the corners of my eyes." I have just trained myself to watch them using those corners.

[edit on 7/13/2010 by adigregorio]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Pretty cool thread. I have had this same thing happen to me for years, but never so much as I have in this last year. I have no idea what it is and as long as "it" doesnt bother me, I wont bother "it".

I can recall one night a few months back where I was seeing "something" all night long. I live alone, with my cat. Whatever "it" was it had the cat freaked out. What made this night so unusual was that as it got later in the night I was getting a very very creepy feeling. I can not expalin and the cat walking around meowing and hiding under my feet I am sure did not help either. Needless to say, I was creeped out enough that I slept with a handgun under my pillow.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by blujay

Originally posted by BrokenCar
Those are beings from the 4th or 5th dimension.

Just Believe

Naa, not from the 5th, or they would appear as light. Most likely 4d entities. If you have icky feeling associated with them you can use water, sea salt and garlic to make them leave. There is a ritual where you line all your doors and windows with sea salt, sprinkle water over the salt. Hang cut garlic near the exits. Then you ask them to leave from where they came in from.

Sounds like Vampire hunting... Affirmations of Personal Sovereignty or Jesus Christ or the Universal Laws are typically going to be more effective than food items...

Seriously, they can be from ANY dimension -- they only requirement is that they REDUCE their vibrations down to your level of visual perception (or they "inject" their manifestation of their image into your brain's visual system, by-passing the eyes).

I have seen more since I "Awakened" spiritually (long story for another time), and I typically see them out of the corner of my eye(s) and they typically appear as shadows of either their "true" forms or what ever form they are projecting.

I have seen Star Brothers/Sisters, dragons, faeries, etc. that way and a few I have seen in shadow form in full frontal vision. They are usually moving. I once saw part of a Pleiadian in full color in frontal vision during an "encounter" of 5th dimensional beings and I have seen Lady Nada ("Jesus Christ's"/Lord Sananda's Twin Flame) in color in peripheral vision (interestingly enough, she looked like she was in some kind of old English riding outfit).

In any case, since I have some telepathic capabilities, and an S.O. who is an excellent channeler, I can use both methods to validate and verify particular sightings.

I have also had smell, touch (personally and surrounding items being moved) and psychic phenomena surrounding some of these encounters. I have had beings "look" through my eyes (which is interesting, because if you wear glasses, then "they" will see things as out-of-focus as you do with them off...).

I have also had the familiar symbols and pictures "slideshows" behind the eyelids at sleep time or at waking, which are attributed to "uploadings" of data to your subconscious mind by higher beings (from Star Brothers and Sisters, your Spirit Guide(s), etc.).

The reality, in most cases, is that your "Third Eye" has become activated and you are more sensitive to what might be called "paranormal" visual images or other psychic phenomena (vs. you are a nut case).

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerLou

She got divorced, became a Christian ...and hasn't had any experience since then that I am aware.

Haha it was probably getting married to the Mason that did it, Lucifer (before becoming Satan) is actually a big part of their religion... It could have something to do with what happened... But I am just speculating.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

You have seen what looked like machines? That is interesting, I never heard of that happening. What kind of machines did they look like?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Thanks for the add, I am glad you enjoy my thread. Did this ever happen on the same magnitude as it did that night?

Originally posted by MrWendal
Needless to say, I was creeped out enough that I slept with a handgun under my pillow.

Don't lay down too hard man, it may go off!
(I dont blame you though, I keep a knife in between my mattress and bed frame.)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join