It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Else See Peripheral Beings?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
i see the "peripheral beings" all the time, shadow people too. when the shadows realize you are looking at them they will disappear behind a wall/corner/tree etc.

my girlfriend has actually picked up a "shadow hitch hiker" that she and her friend had a conversation with - pretty weird.

there's a good site called www.shadowpeople.org... that has a lot of stories and info.......

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by I.C. Weiner

Thanks for the link, I will go check it out

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by theflamingswan92

Remember, I am forced to watch out of the "corners" of my eyes. So the shapes are distorted somewhat.

But the things I call "machines" remind me of the old show on either Spike or SciFi that involved battling robots.

They are small, flat, and move as if they are on wheels. I have seen them "combine" as well. (Much like plumes of smoke combine to make a bigger plume.)

Like I said from the beginning; I don't think these things are anything other than my eyes playing tricks. Though it would be neat if they were more than that.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
this happens to me alot,i try not to worry about it

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Your brain has evolved from a long life of identifying very large predators in the wild and quickly assessing their threat. Any perceived movement in the corner of your eye, whether a change in lighting or a movement of a drape, will trigger this instinct. In the plains of Africa 150 M.Y.A. that movement could very well have been a rather large cat lurking up to pounce on you and knawl delightfully on your giblets.

These aren't ghosts, these are just changes in shadow or quick movement in the natural environment that is triggering a response to your flight-or-fight reflexes. Your brain is say "Ahh! Something there, could be danger, a living thing? Danger!"

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
At first i wasn't going to reply to this, until i read some of the other posts. Let me get this straight: with absolutely no proof what so ever, people claim that if you happen to see something a little black out the corner of your eye, it is a being, or shadow being, from another dimension? Did no one ever think it might be nothing at all? Perhaps something on your eye, a slight visual problem that has not been noticed by a doctor, or just your imagination? Why would anyone claim without a shred of proof, that this is infact beings from another dimension?

sometimes i really do wonder at the pure gullibleness of people, they will honestly believe anything without a single shred of evidence to back it up.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedarktower
...Did no one ever think it might be nothing at all? Perhaps something on your eye, a slight visual problem that has not been noticed by a doctor, or just your imagination?...

Apparently you missed my post(s)...

Chances are they are just my eyes playing tricks on me. The process of sight is a large equation, plenty of variables to "mess up" along the way.

So, as per my Occam Mach 5, while I see these things (regularly) chances are I am just going blind...Wait, that is my Murphy's Razor...chances are the "shadows" are just my brain trying to make sense of what input it is receiving.

AND

Like I said from the beginning; I don't think these things are anything other than my eyes playing tricks. Though it would be neat if they were more than that.

Also, lack of evidence does not make something false. It just means it has a lack of evidence.

An argument from ignorance, also known as argumentum ad ignorantiam or appeal to ignorance, is an informal logical fallacy that asserts a proposition to be either true or false merely because it has not been proven or disproven.

en.wikipedia.org...

Just sayin'

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by I.C. Weiner
my girlfriend has actually picked up a "shadow hitch hiker" that she and her friend had a conversation with - pretty weird.

By the way, that is really creepy! I thought it was just an urban legend?...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Yeah I see these beings.. they are noticeable out of peripherals because we have ruined our eyesight by staring at computers and things like that, it really destroys your astral vision. These are beings from the inner 3rd dimensional realms aka the astral most likely.. some may be 4th dimensional.

Although, what I see isn't necessarily shadows.. I see outlines and transparent people.. They like to stand right in front of my face as I walk down hallways in my home for some reason...

I've done work on my 3rd eye and other clairvoyant centers, but I have to be in a semi-relaxed state to really make them out.. Joyofsatan.org has good meditations, ignore the rest.

If they bother you just ignore them, they feed off fear most the time.. Go hang out with the gnomes and other elementals outside, they are much better company

Peace, Love, and LIGHT!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
My dad had one my mother saw when he was drunk. She was from the corner of her eye a gargoyle on his shoulder with glowing eyes but when she looked back nothing was there.

My dad at that point in time when drunk would speak about how he hated God and that he killed people for the maffia n stuff. It wasn't my dad to make it short I know my dad never did that stuff and when you asked him later when he was sober he didn't remember saying that stuff.

We prayed for him my parents marriage was on the verge of collapsing but my mother got a dream from God to hold on.

I was later prayed for by a friend that I would see with my own eyes my dad come back to God. At that time I was in the Army and got at most 30 days of leave a year.

I went home for leave from Kuwait. during that time my parents started arguing and I suddenly felt let to get up and go to them. My mother started choking and couldn't breathe. My dad had a worried and baffled look on his face. I reached out and spoke in tongues and touched her throat (was just a reaction for me I really didn't even think about it. It was the Spirit of God moving through me). Immediately the choking stopped and she had to sit down. She was a bit shaken but told me something had clamped her breathing tube when they started arguing. Later that night my Dad decided to seek God and totally changed. He lost his unusual hatred for God and even his drinking problem so the prophecy came true that night my Dad came back to God and I saw it with my own eyes.

I later put it together that the gargoyle being tried to choke my mother and that was what I rebuked by the Spirit of God. It left and when it did my Dad was no longer effected by it and is himself now and I am thankful to God for that and His prophecy.

So I would suggest you are seeing into the spirit realm when seeing perifial beings. I suspect it's the minds interpretation of your spirit extra-dimensional being that communicates to the brain the presence of other extra-dimensional beings in the viscinity. Some how I am not sure these beings can affect the physical world as ghosts n such. I have had other experiences that confirm this to me but not to fear the power of Salvation and Jesus Christ will give you peace in the midst of your enemies. For we battle not against the flesh and blood but against powers, ... principalities ect (spititual rulers are where the real battle is.) It is the battle for the minds of men.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
It makes me glad to see others who experience this and I very much appreciate the information. There are three experiences that stand out from the rest in my memory.

The first was when I was 13, (please don't get me started on that number) our family had just moved into a new townhouse and while my parents and my younger sisters were out getting dinner, I was left to be supervised by my older sister. I went upstairs to unpack more of my room, when I saw a tall, dark figure standing in my room, leaning on my bed (which was upright against a wall so the frame could be set up). I stared for almost 45 seconds until I ran downstairs screaming. I explained what I saw to my sister, and we both went up there with hockey sticks to investigate. Nothing. My parents took me for an "evaluation" soon after.

The second was at about 14, in the same townhouse, the entire family was there this time. All I saw this time was a shadow go around the corner into the kitchen, as I turned to look, I heard a crash. I ran to the kitchen with my family to investigate, and the broom that was kept in the kitchen was knocked over, after having stood there for the past 2 days.

The third was at the age of 16, still at the same house, once again saw the shadowy figure in my peripherals, rushing to the basement of our place, I decided to ignore it this time and continue watching TV. My sister then asks me if I just turned on the dryer, as the lights had flickered and she noticed it in her room reading. I answered "No" and continued staring into the boob tube. She went to the basement and came up fuming. "WHY WOULD YOU TURN ON THE DRYER WITH NOTHING IN IT?". I explained that I had been zombified by the TV for the past 2 hours and then said "Why don't you ask him what happened." I saw the shadowy figure again and didn't realise until I'd said that, it was right behind my sister. She turned to look at it and it immediately vanished.

I have seen many since, these are just the ones that stand out to me the most as story "worthy".

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I have a few questions for those who are seen this shadows recently, are you close to you birthday?

The first time I experience this was on July of 2008 close to my birthday wich is August 8, it only lasted about 2-3 months, on 2009 I remmenbered seen shadows again but I cant recall what months. But now in 2010 living in a new house I'm starting to see the shadows again and all started around a 2 weeks ago. I'm also hearing strange noises specially a baby crying and a cat (it sounds like bleding air from a compressor). I heared this cat so loud that I tought it was behind my ear.

Now I wonder if seen this things has to do with been close to my birth date or maybe the summer.

PS: I know remenber in 2009 when I saw the shadows, it was when we first moved to this house on June but I dont recall see them much.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by cdesigns]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Yes, i have seen things look at me in the corner of my eyes. I have seen things walk past doorways, peek around doorways. I have also seen black beings that are really short appear and run off, they are fast little things. Of course I have seen those head on. Those actually startle me, because they come out of no where. I have also seen whispy or white things do the same thing.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by cdesigns

I do see shadows in this new house but they don't do much. I have however heard what sounds like kids upstairs running around, when I am home alone. My dog also hears it too, he has barked and growled, this is when the house is quiet and I am reading. I usually say "hello?!" Really loud and it stops. Or if my dog barks. Then the noises stop and I don't hear them again. It usually starts in my daughter's room, and goes down the hall to my son's room, sometimes it 's heard in my room.

The only ghost that I saw here I was home alone studying for my CRMA class. I looked up and saw a man fully formed and completely solid, walk from the porch area to the middle of our dining room and disappear. I have yet to see him since. My son also saw what he thought was his sister coming home outside our window. He said he saw this bright shining light in the form of a girl, and he saw this girl walk down the path to our door. He said Z is home, and I went to the door and no one was there. Fifteen minutes later she really came home from school.

That's about all that has happened here. I feel very comfortable in this home, and I don't mind being here alone, or sleeping here alone, despite the occasional running around from something.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackeyes
When I sit in the sun and focus about a meter to my front i see hundreds of independently moving and dancing pinpoints of light that seem to rush around and interact with each other. They are not floaters or flecks on my eyeball, but independent light entities. Been seeing them for about a year now. Have done some research on them and found them to be not uncommon.

Can I ask do they come at you, like right in front of your eyes, or do they seem to float around? I have been seeing these if I concentrate hard enough I can see what looks like mist coming at me, and what I can only describe as ripples seen moving through the air. I started seeing this back in 1998, I didn't see it before, but we moved into an Old Mill, and that place was scary and interesting. It was turned into apartments but I hated being alone there during the day and night.
Well a year into living there the activity was getting worse and worse each year, and I started seeing mists coming at me, during the day at night, like fog in the air. Now if stare hard enough I can see it in front of me and to the sides, but it's like bursts of light. It's hard to explain.

Yes, i have had my vision checked and I still have 20/20 vision. Does this make any sense, i have tried explaining it to my husband and he thinks it's cool.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
My wife and I see them in our home almost every day, especially when watching television, or working in the kitchen. We also often hear footsteps above us when we are downstairs on the computer, or again when watching television. We believe the shadow beings are the spirits of our two dogs, and that of the elderly lady who used to own our house, and had lived in it for over forty years. I have spoken to her many times, politely urging her to go ahead and complete her transition to the other side where family and friends are awaiting her, but if she would prefer to stay with us in the home she loved, she is more than welcome to stay for as long as she wishes. We have also had glimpses of both dogs in full form.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Whenever you see these,if you wish to see them further and not disapear right away,ignore your instant split second reaction of looking directly at them instantly and just keep watching out of the corner of your eye like you dont see.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I do see this shadows almost all my life.Some time ago i read an article that gave various explanations on that peripheral beings.Here are some that i remember:
a)It is ourselves from different dimensions.They are as aware of us as you are on them.You see them as black shadows because of a distortion that happens through the dimensions.Maybe it happens mostly in places where the borders between the dimensions are thinner or certain times of the year where the two dimensions come closer.
b)There are beings that can move through different dimensions.You only see them passing through,that is why the encounters last for a short period of time.
c)They are beings that live in our dimension but in a different frequency.So we cannot see them.Sometimes with the right light or in the corner of our eyes we catch this frequency and for an instant they are visible to us.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I also see them all the time from the corner of my eye, but one night i caught one full on, it cam straight for me , so dam quick i jumped in response , a few years back i woke up with a gargoyle little critter about 12 iinches high standing on my stomouch area, big ears and eyes also little horns , my jaw dropped but some how i asked it who it was, it let out a funny laugh and disappeared before my eyes, i always hear a scuttling around just after i go to bed,

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Constantly, I see them. I think most people do whether it's a trick of the light or actually something there with you. It frightens me a lot to know that I am not alone even when I think I am.

There are occasions when I say something to talk to them but never a response and there is nothing there when I look.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join