It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cornered Moat 'Holding A Gun To His Head'

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I wouldn't want to get tasered by that guy. He looks pretty crazy!

I think maybe what happened was he took the gun away from his head for a few seconds then bang they fired the taser, hoping they could get to him before he got his wits back. But then maybe he managed to get the gun back to his head or close enough to cause a fatal injury.

I was surprised it ended like this, I expected it to be going on for another day, and really hoped he would have just given up. Just shows he wasn't bluffing about not being taken alive. It will be interesting indeed to hear the full report.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

I wouldn't want to get tasered by that guy. He looks pretty crazy!

Yeah, it is a pretty unfortunate picture in all honesty.

Anyway naa trying to taser him upon him taking the down even for a split second seems like too much of a risk and of course if it ended badly after tasering him for that reason then all the time they had spent (7 hours I believe) would have been a complete waste of time and the officer who tasered him would have been suspended while an enquiry had taken place.

It’s waaaaayy too much of a risk plus the police ‘seemed’ prepare to stick this out as long as was needed a well.

IMO I think a more likely outcome would have been moat himself getting more and more agitated and wanting to end his life as time went by as (as I have mentioned) they was in a fierce stand off for around 7 hours, plus weather had seriously deteriorated as well towards the end and also not forgetting how fatigued he would have been not just from the standoff but from days of not having enough food and water and of course not knowing whether he’ll survive tomorrow.

I think that the police would have been no doubt forced into tasering him whether it be from himself aiming the gun towards them or if he had struck himself down with the gun and they wanted to restrain him further from a non lethal source.

Of course it’s all speculation at this point and all we can do is wait and see what comes from the investigation into this case.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Bang on the money the electric will hve caused him to pull the trigger, if of course his finger was on the trigger though. Its said that he was tazered twice.

CX

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
They are hinting at it on Sky News too...

Temporary Chief Constable Sue Sim told a news conference: "Right up until that time police officers were striving to persude Mr Moat to give himself up peacefully.

"During this time, officers discharged a taser, however this did not prevent his death."

She would not take questions after the media briefing, but from the wording of her statement it can only be assumed Moat was hit with the tasers before he shot himself.

When the incident happened, Sky News cameras filming with night vision technology picked up frantic shouting from the scene.

Sky's crime correspondent Martin Brunt said when you listen to the recording, you can hear a crying sound moments before the fatal shot rings out.

He said tasers give a fleeting feeling of intense pain, and usually elicit an involuntary wail from the victim, and this may be the sound of Moat being hit.

Firearms experts said it is possible that the high voltage shock may have caused him to flinch and pull the trigger as he held the shotgun to his neck in the pouring rain.

Source: Police Shot Moat With Tasers During Stand-Off

I'm not usualy one to get bad feelings about things, but if it ever comes to light that the Tazer caused him to pull the trigger, there will be a few of Moat's fan club out to get revenge for it.

So i guess the inquiry will never find out that that's what happened. Any bets on the result being he was tazed, then he shot himself, but it cannot be determined that the tazer caused the trigger to be pulled?

CX.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Well after finding some info on a site and the site being closed and the people saying that the police have now closed several similar sites and people asking what are they afraid of.... I copied this from the last site...

2 police officers fired tasers attempting to disable him from his gun... shocked he managed to shoot himself in the neck but was still alive and due to the tasers and gunshot wound he starts screaming in agony! (clearly heard on media footage) The police then shout for him to "put that gun down" because he still ...had it in his hand, shortly after this he passes out, police disarmed him and he is rushed to hospital but pronounced dead on arrival... Should they have tasered him? Could they have talked to him longer and resolved it peacefully? probably not! apparently this was a last resort, as his mental state deteriorated over the hours during the standoff and then in the heavy rain. Police anticipated he was about to commit suicide anyway and the tasers were ordered as a final attempt to keep him alive... Fact: info leaked from Police at the scene through family members.

I have no idea who the poster was and the site was taken down.... I don't necessarily believe what's been said but I just thought I'd post it.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
What kind of gun does he have? I can't imagine he is sitting with his toe on the trigger of a rifle or shotgun. The 1997 gun ban is supposed to keep handguns away from criminals. Surely his victims had knives to defend themselves from a gun wielding maniac.

Also, do the cops even have guns? From my experience personally and seeing photos and videos, I didn't think cops were issued weapons or allowed to carry. I never saw them walking around in uniform with weapons when I was there. Maybe that's why its a stand-off.

The only people who have guns in this country are Police and Criminals! All the gun-ban did was disarm the law abiding citizen.

There are many guns in the UK...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

The only people who have guns in this country are Police and Criminals!

That is wrong....there are lots of other people who have guns law abiding citizens can own some guns

AND...a friend I spoke to tonight said "you are stupid....listen....there...a double tap"

Hahahah

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Pockets]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
ust like to point one thing out here,

6 Days? yet the photo where he`s sitting with shotgun at the storm drain does no one notice anything odd?
6 Days?
No beard or shadow? Kind of strange must be a true survivalist or had a helping hand?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Excuse my ignorance here but what photograph?

The only one I saw was where he was lying down facing away from the camera and you couldn't see his face to make a judgement on his facial appearance.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   

You may want to see other photos then, because he is or looks clean shaven. If i come across a photo i`ll post, im not purposefully looking as ive had enough grief on here as it is.
Like i said on an earlier post, this will be big news for some time yet. I wasnt wrong was i?

You may want to keep this thread going because theres loads left in this yet. Guaranteed.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10

You may want to see other photos then, because he is or looks clean shaven. If i come across a photo i`ll post, im not purposefully looking as ive had enough grief on here as it is.

Well, I would appreciate you posting one because I can’t find any pictures of him at all apart from the ones before his death.

Maybe that’s the one you have saw (It’s just a thought)

So out of curiosity was it one of these?

Possible Image of Raoul Moat #1

Possible Image of Raoul Moat #2

If not then can you at least provide a picture so we can at the very least attempt to get to the bottom of this?

Huh? what grief have you had.

We're all just searching for the truth of what happened here, that’s all! it's not about giving another member grief or anything like that, it's about questioning what happened and getting to the bottom of this story.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Rumour has it he had mail in the storm drain and had been in regular mobile phone and pyhsical contact with associates all along.

Only reporting the rumours which people from around Tyneside have been telling me, we'll have to wait and see how much truth is in them,

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Heres another thing that is NOT common knowledge.
The police had left a magazine containing rounds in a bedroom of a searched house? Amazing!!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Umm Why have you completely avoided my question?

Anyway can you provide an image of the Raoul Moat you previously saw which showed him clean shaven during the stand off if that's ok or is one of the ones I added of Raoul Moat which proves you saw him before the whole incident kicked off?

thanks.

ETA: I mean this what you wrote about him afterall.....

6 Days? yet the photo where he`s sitting with shotgun at the storm drain does no one notice anything odd? 6 Days? No beard or shadow?

So I'm intrigued about this picture as you claim it's took during the stand of it seems.

Pic or it didn't happen I'm afraid.

Anyway It just seems like to me anyway that you’re soooo adamant to believe that this was a conspiracy and that EVERYTHING is not as it seems but I'm sorry but you simply haven’t provided a shred of evidence to back up any claim you have made this far.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

The particular picture is the location where he was KILLED, not took his own life.
Is it possible that the media was not able to get close enough so that what was said could not be made common knowledge, taser shuts him up permanently by contracting his muscles effectively leading to trigger been pulled. This whole incident is a Fing joke.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10

The particular picture is the location where he was KILLED, not took his own life.

But you still can't provide the image of him in that location where he is clean shaven.

I'm questioning whether you're just making thing's up now.

Again...Pic or it didn't happen imo.

Is it possible that the media was not able to get close enough so that what was said could not be made common knowledge, taser shuts him up permanently by contracting his muscles effectively leading to trigger been pulled. This whole incident is a Fing joke.

Anyway yes, I know, I have looked into the taser that they used quite a lot yesterday as well.

Tasering him would have no doubt caused him to clench and involuntarily pull the trigger.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

OK didnt happen. Or should i say thats all im saying, a mere pointer.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by jazz10]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

I'm confused....Does this mean you was making it up and no such picture ever existed?

Isn't that hoaxing?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Im saying that even if i was to provide anything it still would be slated.

This will be massive news. Bigger than now.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Police negligence?
www.chroniclelive.co.uk...
News headlines? NO? wonder why.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join