It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cornered Moat 'Holding A Gun To His Head'

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

LOL I'm most certainly not trying to cause an argument. It's just I would trust the reporter who was two hundred yards away and stated that he heard one shot as I did, over the other reporter who was half a mile away.

As you have posted your same posts on other threads, I get the feeling you sort of feel sorry for this guy? Is that right?

Regardless how the media portrays him, He killed a guy and tried to kill two others. And all because of rumours he heard in prison. Its not the actions of a sane man no matter how you try to soft soap it.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Thank you,.... that's pretty much the report I heard.... where the guy said he heard 2 and then changed it to only hearing one, because that's what everyone else said they heard.

Yeah, I know for a fact that I heard it as can remember quite clearly as they shortly took the benefit of the doubt of the reporter who was closer which is fair enough I suppose but they seemed to completely disregard it which could simply be down to confirmation of just one shot or something much more but yes they DID say they heard 2 shots (at least) fired.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Last post.
you may want to re run the "actual audio" through alternetive systems and locate the spikes in the audio.
Laters

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by thesneakiod

Also there are many videos saying the same thing.

And I actually saw the news reporter say that he heard two shots, It was late granted, but I did hear it with my own ears.

The two shots were reported after the fact. The reporter who was the closest heard one shot seconds after it happened. So whats more plausible?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

I don't feel sorry for the guy, as I've stated several times, But I did wish that nobody else died, sadly someone did.

I also don't believe he was a crazed gunman out to kill as many people as he could and someone who was a massive threat to the public, as the police and media would have us believe.

He had the opportunity to kill many more people and didn't.... what does that tell you? He could have but didn't..... doesn't sound like a psychotic killer to me....he also said he wasn't another Derek Bird... again, not the language of a deluded killer..... more a man who's in a situation he didn't really think through and is actually trying to distance/separate himself from the likes of Derek Bird (the Cumbria gunmen who killed 12 and injured 25)

I'm not sympathetic or on this guy's side.... I just wonder about some of the actions of police and media in this whole case.

I feel the whole thing has been a little odd..... some of the language used by police, the final stand-off and so on.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Who made you the authority on the matter?
You were watching the news same as me. I mentioned the fact that the press believed the other noises to be microphones. Then I stated we won't no what really happened until the dust settled. Not saying there is a conspiracy but I will speculate about what happened because none of us including you really know what happened.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod
The two shots were reported after the fact. The reporter who was the closest heard one shot seconds after it happened. So whats more plausible?

Yeah.... you also said I was wrong and that no reporter mentioned 2 shots and that you watched it live all night....

You're now saying you did hear the reporter say that but you believe the other reporter who only heard one...?

Are you working for the Northumbria police? Your ineptitude seems to imply that you are

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Yeah me too.... sat their and watched heard it myself.

I think you're right that they probably took the word of the guy closer, which does make sense in that respect.

But I think It's odd that they just discount the other guy...

Obviously one shot means he killed himself, any more and they have some explaining to do.

I'm really not much of a conspiracy theorist, and have laughed at most of the wild things the likes of "Jazz" and others have been saying.... But there are definitely a few things about this that I hope to hear more about over the coming days.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   

I think it is only natural to question the police's actions in this kind of scenario, past experience has shown that they can make mistakes and as already pointed out they won't be made accountable.

Sneakoid you can't seriously be suggesting that we all just accept what Sky news has told us? Pinch of salt all round I think. The police failed to act on several leads they had been given which could have brought this to an end a few days earlier. Albeit with most likely the same conclusion.

For example the reports from the elderly woman that early on Tuesday morning 08.30 she claimed her house had been broken into, it took the police until 01.30 Wednesday morning to investigate the lead. In a small town such as Rothbury I would have thought given the heightened police presence any form of break in would be extremely unlikely therefore a good lead to follow.

In my opinion alot of resources were wasted in this manhunt. Particularly the use of RAF Tornados?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Yeah.... you also said I was wrong and that no reporter mentioned 2 shots and that you watched it live all night....

You're now saying you did hear the reporter say that but you believe the other reporter who only heard one...?

Are you working for the Northumbria police? Your ineptitude seems to imply that you are

I only mentioned the two shots because you did. I never heard the reporter mention two shots. I heard ONE SHOT as the reporter did who said it time and time again, why can't you grasp that??

You don't wanna cause an argument then accuse me of ineptitude?

Whatever.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Yeah, I mean if I was the reporter that possibly heard 2 shots I think I would (or I like to think I would anyway) take the benefit of the doubt of the guy who was a lot closer than I was closer especially now since there is audio footage of the event as well.

Yeah, I agree again that I think some members are just throwing our ‘wild speculation’ (NOT quoting you on that) and desperately looking for a conspiracy here, Like in the other thread that’s discussing this as well, some members are just so adamant that there is something more to this without any evidence to back it up it seems which is just sad because we could just be going backwards and creating a terrible conspiracy ourselves here.

At the same time though however I would definitely agree that this isn’t all as simple as it could have been but like I have said some members aren’t helping in finding the truth in this at all IMO.

They’re very well may be more to this than meets the eye but like you say we’ll just have to wait and see.

(btw when referring to 'some members' I'm talking about the ones throwing out wild speculations and not the ones questioning the story as this story SHOULD be questioned!!
)

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner

I think it is only natural to question the police's actions in this kind of scenario, past experience has shown that they can make mistakes and as already pointed out they won't be made accountable.

Exactly, that's all it is...A mistrust/questioning of the Police's and Media's version of events.

And yes, It's important to do this and not just blindly accept what they say.

They lied and tried to cover up the John Charles De Menezes case... and many other things too.

It's good to be vigilant in these cases.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

My opinion wasn't aimed at the way the police media or general public handled it.

And no matter how sky news reported it, I was just stating what I heard, and the fact the reporter closest instantly said he heard one shot (as I did). If they twist it afterwards then so be it. That wasn't/isn't what im posting about.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

I only mentioned the two shots because you did. I never heard the reporter mention two shots. I heard ONE SHOT as the reporter did who said it time and time again, why can't you grasp that??

That's my point mate... you claim you watched sky news all night until the conclusion of the event..... yet you didn't hear the reporter say about hearing two shots??

So how can I trust your judgement?

I watched the exact same channel and heard this said, It has now been confirmed by the video.

I can grasp that you only heard the guy talking about one shot...

Why can't YOU grasp that there was a reporter who did hear two shots and that I and others heard it.

And you jumped in on this thread telling me I was wrong.... you didn't say "Oh I didn't hear that" You specifically said "NO, you're wrong". Telling me I was crazy and trying to find a conspiracy angle and so on.... when in actuality it was others doing this, not me... I was merely questioning what we were being told...

I found that offensive and confrontational....

You don't wanna cause an argument then accuse me of ineptitude?

Whatever.

Well how can you watch the same report I did and not hear what was said?
You're either inept or you have hearing/concentration issues.

[ If they twist it afterwards then so be it. That wasn't/isn't what im posting about.

Also the 2 shots thing was Before they changed it to one shot or at least it was last night when I was watching it.

If you were being interviewed by the police and changed your story this much, you wouldn't have much hope mate.

I didn't say that I didn't wanna cause an argument, I said you don't wanna argue with me because you will not win, You will be shown up, as you have been already.

But please, carry on
:shk:

[edit on 10/7/10 by blupblup]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Yeah man, Time will tell.
Will be interesting to see what they say "went down" ya know?

I didn't think you were having a dig at me either, was just clarifying my position really.

Cheers mate

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Well how can you watch the same report I did and not hear what was said?
You're either inept or you have hearing/concentration issues.

If you were being interviewed by the police and changed your story this much, you wouldn't have much hope mate.

I didn't say that I didn't wanna cause an argument, I said you don't wanna argue with me because you will not win, You will be shown up, as you have been already.

But please, carry on
:shk:

What the hell are you talking about? Oooo you will not win as you will be shown up? Hahaha. I never said I watched it all night, I watched it till 2ish, im not that sad. And in the time I watched it, there was no mention of two shots. Only one as the reporter said. Which as ive said about FIVE TIMES is also what I heard. Talk about selective reading....

Anyway, Il let you get back to your conspiracy. Bye bye.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Wow... what a fantastic rebuttal.... your debate/argument skills are just so amazing.... :shk:

Either deal with my points and questions and answer and respond properly or carry on avoiding and deflecting, up to you.

You came in all argumentative and attacked me.... you got whooped and now you're trying to be a smart ass.... ain't happening mate.

ETA: All of this is off topic and I'm done responding unless it pertains to the topic or current flow of the discussion.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Wow... what a fantastic rebuttal.... your debate/argument skills are just so amazing.... :shk:

Either deal with my points and questions and answer and respond properly or carry on avoiding and deflecting, up to you.

You came in all argumentative and attacked me.... you got whooped and now you're trying to be a smart ass.... ain't happening mate.

Nope, and stop calling me mate, because i'm not. In my opinion you never heard two shots, you are either lying or mistaken, simple as that. Stay locked in your own little fantasty conspiracy land, I couldnt care less. Pointless repling to me, im outta here "mate".

[edit on Saturday20102010-07-10T07:21:59-05:00am312120107 by thesneakiod]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
from the sky news web site

At 1.15am a single gunshot rang out and echoed around the woodland where Moat had been holding what was believed to have been a sawn-off shot gun to his head.

In the pouring rain, officers are thought to have immediately jumped on Moat, hoping to make the situation safe.

Around half an hour later, ambulance staff were allowed onto the scene.
He was seen being wheeled on a trolley into Newcastle General Hospital with a sheet covering his head. Moat was confirmed dead at 2.20am.

half an hour later ?.
was this to give him enough time to die ?.

[edit on 10/7/2010 by choprider]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Hey mate, no worries.

I guess this does pertain to the story as the number of shots would have a significant impact on this story.

So me and the Sky News reporter and others on various threads, are all lying and have an agenda?

Ok mate.... whatever.

As I've said, I'm not big on conspiracies and your pathetic attempts to imply that I am are just that, Pathetic.

Cheers mate.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join