It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cornered Moat 'Holding A Gun To His Head'

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Reports say a taser was fired

So maybe they hit him with the taser and he pulled the trigger...or he pulled the triger then they hit him with the taser

Either way people will be angry

Confirmed use of taser: "taser did not prevent his death" no 50,000 volts probably helped

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Pockets]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by choprider

The ambulance was there in munities I was sad and was up late last night watching it unfold.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

If anyones interested.....

Police Shot Moat With Taser During Stand-Off

Police have confirmed they shot Raoul Moat with a taser stun gun during last night's stand-off with Britain's most wanted man.

The six-hour stalemate on a Northumberland riverbank eventually came to an end when the 37-year-old shot himself dead at 1.15am.

Temporary Chief Constable Sue Sim told a news conference: "Right up until that time police officers were striving to get Mr Moat to give himself up.

"During this time police officers discharged a taser, however that did not prevent his death."

She would not take questions after the media briefing, but from the wording of her statement it can only be assumed Moat was hit with the taser before he shot himself.

Although, there is also the possibility the taser was fired, but missed him.

Sky's crime correspondent Martin Brunt said when you listen to the recording of the stand-off, you can hear a crying sound moments before the fatal shot rings out.

He said tasers give a fleeting feeling of intense pain, and usually elicit an involuntary wail from the victim, and this may be the sound of Moat being hit.

Firearms experts said it is possible that the high voltage shock may have caused him to flinch and pull the trigger as he held the shotgun to his neck in the pouring rain.

Up until now, police would only say "no gunshots" were fired by officers. The matter will be investigated by the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC).

Around half an hour later, ambulance staff were allowed onto the scene.

He was seen being wheeled on a trolley into Newcastle General Hospital with a sheet covering his head. Moat was confirmed dead at 2.20am.

In a statement Northumbria Police said: "Police can now confirm that Raoul Thomas Moat, 37, of Newcastle, died in hospital early this morning."

The statement added: "No officers or members of the public were injured."
(Source)

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Hmmm, now that really does pose a question.

It's very possible that tazering a man with his finger on the trigger would cause that trigger to be pulled involuntarily.

It's also possible that even if the prongs missed the act of firing could have panicked the guy who would have been strung out of course after what he has put him self through.

I think the 3rd option is most likely from what I've heard (and most likely the one the enquiry will publish regardless) is that Raole fired first at him self, the taser was fired as a precaution against a further shot.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by thesneakiod

I heard them say two shots aswell and I was watching Sky news all night. Yes I am that sad. If you were able to obtain the footage from sky news you would also hear it being said, I think you may be the one with selective hearing, or another possibility you got up to use the toilet or get a drink when it was mentioned?
Just throwing it out there.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

New reports coming in of two tasers being fired.

"Initially it was claimed that just one of the weapons, which deliver a powerful electric shock when fired, was discharged as police confronted the gunman in the early hours of Saturday morning.

But the Independent Police Complaints Commission, which has launched an investigation into Moat's death alongside, revealed that two Taser stun guns were discharged during the six hour stand-off that led up to Moat shooting himself."

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I'm no expert but these things make you tense up and could easily have led to the trigger being pulled.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
FYI, this shows police don't want to kill you. They want you alive so they can have their arrest.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I think the 3rd option is most likely from what I've heard (and most likely the one the enquiry will publish regardless) is that Raole fired first at him self, the taser was fired as a precaution against a further shot.

That's the conclusion I would have come to as well in all honesty.......BUT from the audio tapes (they was discussing this on sky news earlier on btw) it appears that you can actually hear Raoul Moat himself shouting in pain from one of the tasers hitting him seconds before the fatal shot went off.

So I’m assuming that shot from the police is what provoked Moat into either pulling the trigger himself as he know the game was up or the taser is what actually forced him to involuntarily pull the trigger.

Either way the game was up.

I'm still not sure where the second taser would come into it however but I'm assuming (and that’s all it is) that would have occurred maybe AS he shot himself or not long afterwards at all in an attempt to restrain him because surely 2 tasers would be more than enough (assuming it wasn’t an involuntary shot from Moat) to force him to drop the gun and end this peacefully.

I'm still not sure why there was any need to taser him however but I'm sure time will let us know.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
So, if two tasers were fired, followed by Moat firing his shotgun, why are only two gun sounds heard on the Sky news video? Or did the police invent and release this detail only in order to explain the two sounds heard on the Sky News video, which implied that a taser had been fired that could have caused Moat involuntarily to kill himself (not what the police would want you to know). If a second taser was fired AFTER Moat shot himself, there would still have been three shots heard. This makes less and less sense, the more details are released.

CX

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
My dad was an electrician and he taught me to test anything i had just worked on with the back of my hand rather than the front. That way if there is electricity running through the device my hand would be thrown away rather than grab it via involountary muscular contraction.

Same goes with tazing someone with thier finger on the trigger i'd guess.

Lots of questions to come out of this, and i can't see the police coming off perfect either.

CX.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I've never said or felt this before, but the guy got what he deserves!! Why should my taxies pay for scum like this to be kept in prison, people like him are whats wrong with society.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

So, if two tasers were fired, followed by Moat firing his shotgun, why are only two gun sounds heard on the Sky news video?

Because tasers are not guns and don't go bang

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Pockets]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Ok, I'm no expert at all on this but as far as I'm aware the police use a 'taser X26 correct'? (I could very well be wrong on this) as you can see in the image below...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ae93cf3b2095.jpg[/atsimg]

If that's the case then you simply wouldn't be able to hear it as it's significantly quieter than the shotgun that moat was holding to his head

This videe below shows how loud they are....

See...It's by far too quiet to be heard from distance and that's why you never heard it in the audio footage.

If someone could clarify or debunk this theory then I'd appreciate it because I’m unsure myself but I thought it'd throw this idea out there anyway.

ETA: Here’s an image that’s been shown on ATS already of one of the police officers holding a taser that I believe to be a taser X26

And from the image I have shown to clarify what a taser X26 is it appears to be the same type that was used in the hunt for Raoul Moat and the one used in his demise.

Edit: to show a better image of the type of taser used in this siege and to prove my point on why it wasn’t heard in the audio footage.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
it was quite funny watching this unfold last nite the people of rothbury were all out in the streets with pints in there hands and bottles of magners. it was funny to see a few of my local Bobbie's on the police cordon they were laughing and joking for ages then the superintendent came along whispered in there ear and the soon stood silently with strait faces. i can tell you now the officers from my town are usually just glorified bouncers for the towns two night clubs lol they were obviously loving the cameras and attention and got bollocked. i found them pretty unprofessional. i think being tasered would cause you to pull the trigger there's been allot of sympathy and support for this guy all the way through this by allot of people i know but i guess everyone likes the underdog, i think that's why they said the public was at risk to discourage growing support. i cant believe they scrambled two tornado jets at what point i wonder how much it costs to put one of those in the air. let alone the cost of the operation as a whole.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Yeah this whole Taser thing certainly doesn't look good.

I don't see why they fired it at him? They said they were prepared to sit it out and take all night.... then they taser him and try to jump him?

Makes no sense whatsoever.... It would be nice to get the truth and see what comes out of this but I'm not counting on it.

Crazy stuff.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Everything is speculation until the official inquiry is completed, then we can pick at the carcass and see what makes sense and what doesn't.

I really can't see them firing the taser at him unless they absolutely had to - either he motioned towards them or he had shot himself and they used the taser to immobilise him further.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Yeah but do you honestly believe the "Official" report is going to be impartial and completely honest?

I dunno.... we'll have to wait and see I guess.

Also I think they fired the taser and then he shot himself, either because of the taser (accidentally) or because he didn't want to be tasered and captured.

We'll see I guess.

At the end of the day, the police handled this appallingly.... they could have had a sniper take his hand off or shoot his arm/shoulder or whatever and grabbed him that way.

This was handled shockingly and I hope serious questions are asked about this.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I don't see why it wouldn't be impartial and honest - if they did it all by the book they have no reason to lie or deceive.

And so far it seems that they haven't done anything wrong regarding how he died, but time will tell. I just don't see why they would taser him if they didn't have to - they had been waiting patiently for hours and so I can't see them risking anything to get it over with.

What do you mean when you say they handled it shockingly?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Well I hope so... I hope it will be honest and impartial.

As someone else pointed out before, about the guy shot seven times in the head, when he was unarmed in London.... the police went out of their way to lie and cover that up and the main cop who pulled the trigger still has a firearms licence and is still a police officer.

en.wikipedia.org...

I don't just buy the official story because they say it? Why would anyone?

I think the whole case was handled appallingly.... leads they could have followed up..... Calling him names on live TV after explicitly telling the press not to antagonise him, They could have shot/maimed him in such a way so as not to cause his death, could have used his relative (Uncle) to talk over a megaphone or whatever to talk him out of it.

Many, many things.... It will be interesting and I will discuss more when I've heard what the police and the IPCC report says.

We shall see.

[edit on 10/7/10 by blupblup]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I think comparing Jean Charles de Menezes to the situation in Rothbury is pointless. They were completely different situations and until the inquiry is finished it's all mere speculation.

I just don't get the feeling anything sinister happened at this point.

I agree about not believing it just because they tell us too, but trying to second guess already that they are lying is a bit premature.

Other than calling him a lunatic on national television (which was stupid, I agree) I don't see much else they got badly wrong. Maybe there was a lead or two they didn't fully follow up and maybe they could have intensified their search, but these things happen on ALL cases like these. Nobody's perfect.

Personally I think it was handled fairly well.

No more civilians killed/injured.
No more police killed/injured.

They were the main priorities.

The idea of shooting the gun out of his hand is silly. As is trying to incapacitate him with any kind of weapon like that. Also, didn't they get his best friend to try and talk to him at one point? I'm sure I heard that.

The coming days/weeks will reveal more.

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join