It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cornered Moat 'Holding A Gun To His Head'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Cornered Moat 'Holding A Gun To His Head'

news.sky.com

Police are in a confrontation with wanted fugitive Raoul Moat and he is holding a gun to his head, Sky's crime correspondent Martin Brunt says.

"A man matching Moat's description is on the riverbank and police marksmen are negotiating with him," said Brunt.

"Police are in confrontation with the suspect and I am told he is holding a gun to his head."

A police tweet confirmed: "A man who fits the description of Raoul Thomas Moat located in the riverbank area in the vicinity of Rothbury. Police currently negotiating."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This appears to be his last stand!

Another witness called Paula also says Moat is holding a gun to his head and is being watched by police snipers from nearby woods.

He is outside her mother's home on a riverbank in Rothbury.

I heard that he had no ammunition left but maybe that's not the case.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

So he's holding himself hostage?

I think the police should shoot him to protect the hostage.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
There is only one way out now .....

Pull the trigger Moat ......

It is better to die as a man, than live as a slave.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead

So he's holding himself hostage?

I think the police should shoot him to protect the hostage.

Yep!! Why waste manpower, resources, fuel, overtime, etc.? Why go to the expense of a trial? Why disrupt the activities of law-abiding citizens.

Have the sniper shoot the gun out of his hand. If he misses and hits the head, then it was an accident, who cares. If he hits the gun, then give the sniper a medal for marksmenship!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
i agree shoot his gun and make his ass go back to jail. I think if he survives there will be a special sentence for him 40 years i think.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Live feed

news.sky.com...

I want a live feed from the choppers in the area

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

There is only one way out now .....

Pull the trigger Moat ......

It is better to die as a man, than live as a slave.

you do it then.

He's a man Pushed too far, he is known to have abused streoirds, probably scramblesd his head up a bit, combined with his personal life. he's a killer but still a human being. i do feel kind of sorry for him,

I hope they can arrest him without him dying.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by MR BOB]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Spot on getreadyalready. Save us a fortune with his trial as smart ass lawyer will want to get famous off the case and put a case across that Moat is the victim.

Shoot him name and save us the £40k a year to keep in in prison.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I was hoping for a proper shoot-out and maybe a car chase - I feel kinda cheated.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
theres something amiss here im telling you

S&F thread

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Makes me laugh how the police and news still refer to him as SUSPECTED killer, He wrote a letter telling them it was him.

If this was in Amercia he would have been dead 2 hours ago, Case closed

I live about 40 miles away and hes a hero round here

If this goes on for another hour the bookies will start throwing odds out

Dead 11/10 Suicide 15/8 surrender 10/2 anyone?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
What kind of gun does he have? I can't imagine he is sitting with his toe on the trigger of a rifle or shotgun. The 1997 gun ban is supposed to keep handguns away from criminals. Surely his victims had knives to defend themselves from a gun wielding maniac.

Also, do the cops even have guns? From my experience personally and seeing photos and videos, I didn't think cops were issued weapons or allowed to carry. I never saw them walking around in uniform with weapons when I was there. Maybe that's why its a stand-off.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Sawn off shotgun, apparently.

Yes, the police have guns. High powered rifles, Sniper rifles and tazers.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecrow001
i agree shoot his gun and make his ass go back to jail. I think if he survives there will be a special sentence for him 40 years i think.

It's not really as easy as that.

If it ricochets and hits him then the coppers will be in a wwwhhhhhhoolleelotta trouble for it so they just wouldn’t risk it unless he is a direct thread ie coming towards or moving the gun towards them.

Plus believe it or not I bet health and safety wouldn’t allow it for the reason above.

AAANNNNDD…. he's apparently lying on the floor holding it to his neck they are saying live on TV so shooting a gun out of his hand aint as easy as the movies show it.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodenameDoeB
Makes me laugh how the police and news still refer to him as SUSPECTED killer, He wrote a letter telling them it was him.

They have to, due process is very important - and given this is all playing out in the media they will be going exactly by the book on this one. He is at the moment still technically innocent - even though it's clear as day he is not the police would not want to throw any spanners in the works and the media would not want to put them selves in a position where they may face litigation of any sort.

And any way the guy has lost the plot, any letter he wrote cannot really be taken as a true statement of fact - apart from getting leads and an insight into his thinking he may as well wrote 'I'm a giraffe and I like chocolate' for 45 pages.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

I never saw them walking around in uniform with weapons when I was there. Maybe that's why its a stand-off.

They don’t usually have guns but these aren't normal circumstances and trained officers had to be brought in.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Anyone else here think that a massive scandal will arise here?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

Apparently no choppers allowed directly over the area.... there's an air exclusion zone... in case they annoy/distract Moat.

I think he should go to prison for life.... But if he really does want to be shot by cops (Suicide by cop) then I can't see much stopping him.

I imagine the residents are delighted, relieved and excited at this final chapter in the week long event.

Let's see how it ends eh.... I just hope nobody else dies.

[edit on 9/7/10 by blupblup]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Thanks for the info. Glad to see it isn't total lunacy in LE there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join