It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here Comes Trouble For Everyone!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
How can they protect a power grid with money
I mean, in time they could build it up better, doesn't that take a long time for the work to get done? They are worried about the grid with the heat wave, and I think all they can do is monitor it and shut down overloading areas before they blow

I think ur mistaken about this.

The grid blowing from overload just throws
bypasses, like fuses. Let them cool down
or re-route and you're back online in a lil
while.

Solar flares burns out the entire circuitry and
takes years to replace.

2 different things entirely

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by E-ville
I have money.. real money.. silver bullion.. I also have guns and Ammo and many years worth of stored food, I also have 3 EMP proof vehicles..

I'll be fine..

really???
u will need an Army to protect it all
when the SHTF unless you're secured
in a 300' deep bunker with 12" blast proof
doors. Roving bands of hungry human scavengers
will be hunting people like you. So .....
are you really prepared ?????

Oh I'm fully aware of that.. and prepaired for it.. however 300 feet is a bit un-nessasary

In all seriousness.. yea this is a real issue.. however I'm no where near a city.. I'm in a very rural area.. and there scavenger humans that are looking for food and supplies obviously won't have guns and loads of ammo since there not prepaired enough to store away some food and supplies...

Now if there brain eating zombies.. yeah then I might need that 300 foot deep bunker.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I rarely make predictions regarding specific events using the Timewave software (given it tracks the collective 'state of being' for all of humanity at any given moment - like the Global Consciousness Project - rather than single events), my last prediction was for July 2010. Here is my post from June 11, 2009:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The only reson I made the prediction was as a result of a perceived relation in the resonance between the Carrington Event of 1859 and the Timewave graph representing late July of this year. The original dates were for between July 26-29. Those dates seem to match best.Here are the graph as originally posted in the link above.

Below is how the 1859 CME is recorded on the wave - a period of 7 days is visible:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d718a22aa1e3.jpg[/atsimg]

Below is the same event zoomed out to a span of 55 years. Here you can see a few events including the US Civil War and Lincoln's assassination:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/58efda79a69c.jpg[/atsimg]

And here is the same section in our current cycle which extends from February to December in 2010.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/68be43dea5b6.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 9/7/10 by Evasius]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I find it quite strange how NASA would report this and the same day congress brings a bill to the table. they have to know somethings up.

if we do get blasted i think our cars will be ok as long as we have fuel. once the tanks run out we will be on foot or on bike.

We will all know when we are about to get blasted by a CME, the whole USA down to florda will see a aurora borialis. *spelling* when that happens you have just a few hours till lights out

[edit on 9-7-2010 by camaro68ss]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Fascinating to read about, but I have a question: Hasn't the Earth's protective magnetic field been weakening in recent years? I thought I'd read that somewhere but I don't have a source (I read so much I should have a card catalog system in my brain :lol

My other thought was thanks to Fox News (I'm a little angry with myself) when they were "reporting" on the oil spill. If this type of event hits and knocks out the grid I bet the ships would be taken out too and the oil spill would just keep going.

Something to mention is the idea that if someone were wanting to disable the US, they would have to detonate a 1MT nuke 300km (or miles...big difference, but I'm pretty sure its kilometers) to knock out the grid for the continental US. Do it when there is a heavy sun activity and you could just blame it on solar flares. A big chug of conspiracy theory, but well that is what this site is for, isn't it?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
what a fun Weekend ahead....

The Sky lit up by Aurora Borealis

No power, no Street Lights to spoil the view

Steak on the BBQ

Aliens by Candlelight

Oh.... How Romantic

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by snowspirit
How can they protect a power grid with money
I mean, in time they could build it up better, doesn't that take a long time for the work to get done? They are worried about the grid with the heat wave, and I think all they can do is monitor it and shut down overloading areas before they blow

I think ur mistaken about this.

The grid blowing from overload just throws
bypasses, like fuses. Let them cool down
or re-route and you're back online in a lil
while.

Solar flares burns out the entire circuitry and
takes years to replace.

2 different things entirely

Kind of what I said, or meant. I don't think they can protect it with money in the short term, maybe not even when they build it up better, 'cause it will just fry with a large solar flare. And then they almost have to start over.

Their overload didn't work very well in Toronto (I think it was Toronto) the other day, 'cause something blew and then there was a big puff of smoke, and all the power was out for the day.

Nice that I am in Sask. where it is wet, but cool.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
www.spaceweather.com

and did anyone see this?

The cloud is not heading for Earth, however, so we will experience no effects from the event.

i don't know much about CME's or solar flares and what not, but i do know they regularly happen, and everytime one is reported it gets put on ats...

[edit on 7/9/2010 by indigothefish]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Geophysical Activity Forecast: The geomagnetic field is expected to be mostly quiet with isolated unsettled levels for day one (09 July) due to a recurrent coronal hole high speed stream. Quiet conditions are expected for days two and three (10-11 July). www.solarcycle24.com...

So basically the sunspot has quieted down. Nothing happenin' this time..

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by christine76

Oh come on, not again another unfulfilled prediction!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
the sun spot that you reffering to is only given off C class flares which are common and will be buffered by our earth's magnetic field. It will more than likely die off soon after it faces us. The next class is M and then X. The CME caused by a sun spot in 1859 is theorized to be an X class solar flare. With that being said...... it doesnt mean that we couldnt get an X class flare in the near future.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I am personally hoping that the sun turns into a big bug zapper and sends a net down over us; those that flit about will succumb to its forces as they try to embrace the worldly goods they have accumulated.

Most will swarm all over the ATMs and unusable cash registers; I believe after that they change their legs and bodies and become Locusts.

It would be nice to get rid of the flies and mosquitoes too!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Well that's great, that's just #in' great, man. Now what the # are we supposed to do? We're in some real pretty # now man! That's it man, game over man, game over! What the # are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by skajkingdom

Sorry.. It's just the facts.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Excellent and fascinating work - so the time line is July 26 - 29? Is this a give or take, as I have heard July 11th or 12th.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by crazydaisy]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

No can do, my b-day is 7/26 and I'm going to the Astros game 7/28. Please re-predict!!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
So that means July 11th - 12th is going to be a busy time.

World Cup Final, World War III, Solar Flare, Aliens!

Fun times!

Yes indeed... fun fun fun times!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by RMFX1
Can someone please explain to me exactly how a solar flare could start a civil war?
/quote]

Much like the moon, only amplified b/c huge changes in magnetic energy directly affect our emotional state. The flares are magnetic plasma so the hottest of hot hot hot state of affairs. I have heard that there will be increased frequency and intensity over the next few years, since there is some kind of cycle to their activity, so as the fields change, instability increases. I would think. But I'm no scientist.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Solar flare destorys the power grids huh? I am sitting here trying to imagine the sun destorying these grids. What do they even look like? How do they function? Is a power grid an actual tangible item or is it more an descriptive word for an entire system? Would we really be so silly as to not keep spare parts for these grids as you suggested? So we built all these grids, and now they will be destroyed by the sun....again...and we don't have the parts to fix them. That sounds like a pretty bad system to me. Can anyone possibly shed some light on power grids and their use?

Is this our #1 concern?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

Didn't Al Gore invest in a company that produces parts to replace/upgrade our grid and save us all from this type of catastrophe??? I swear I just had an UGLY argument with my best friend over this very subject a couple of months ago.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join