It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here Comes Trouble For Everyone!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by E-ville

What you ought to be prepared for is a Spelling Bee. Sorry I just couldn't help myself =) Hope there are no hard feelings.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hedera Helix
reply to post by sputniksteve

Didn't Al Gore invest in a company that produces parts to replace/upgrade our grid and save us all from this type of catastrophe??? I swear I just had an UGLY argument with my best friend over this very subject a couple of months ago.

Well Al Gore invented the power grid I am 100% sure of that but I don't know about your question.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I don't know if it has been mentioned but it should be noted that apparently there is a solar eclipse on July 11th. These have always had a plus or minus of 2 weeks of very increased earthquake activity.

Solar Flare, plus Solar Eclipse, plus Timewave, plus Webbot = Higher Chance than normal of increased DOOM.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by faceoff85

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by camaro68ss
I think they are saying we line up to the sunspot July 10th so if we do get a blast i can see a civil war type event.

sorry I'm busy that day

the Alie... errrr I mean Spiritual Beings are supposed
to reveal themselves that day according to another
thread here which closed before I got a chance to
post to, dang-it !!!

But I could fit the sunspot in on Sunday if
that would be ok

that thread was Tha Bomb.

However this sounds interesting... is there gonna be time for a warning? also I heard that simply unpluging your electronics would prevent damage, anyone else heard about this? 150 years or so ago they had a big CME cause the big old telegrampoles they used back then to shortcircuit. A comparable CME hitting earth now is a possible scenario

its not your electronics you have to worry about, its the power grid. A CME blast can wipe out the all major power grids. the problem after that happens is we dont have the spare parts to make new grids. they pridict it to take 1-2 years to get the country back online. scary stuff.

2 years would put us right in the prime of 2012

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

Well Al Gore invented the power grid I am 100% sure of that but I don't know about your question.

And here all these years I thought it was the internet he invented. I learn something new everyday. Thanks for clearing things up for me.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by robbinsj

I am not a big believer of the whole 2012 thing; although I have had thoughts that what if it is really true and the TBTB know this. What would they do to ensure that mass panic would not occur before the "big event"? I know what I would do; ensure that all electronic communication (T.V., Internet, phones, cell phones) would cease. Thus the public would be completely out of the know and not be able to panic prior to the "event".

How do you do this? Nuclear War, claim a solar flare "knocked out" the power grid and satelites, etc, etc, etc.

I am not saying I believe this at all but it is just a thought. It just all seems connected somehow....

[edit on 9-7-2010 by CORN IS NUTS]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

The strongest solar flares are x class and the heaviest of them will knock out worldwide radio and may short power lines however it is not going to destroy the world, cause global upheaval or anything else.

I haven't read the whole thread so this has probably been answered but it just seems as if people hear solar flare and picture the Earth flash burnt to a cinder.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve

Solar flare destorys the power grids huh? I am sitting here trying to imagine the sun destorying these grids. What do they even look like? How do they function? Is a power grid an actual tangible item or is it more an descriptive word for an entire system? Would we really be so silly as to not keep spare parts for these grids as you suggested? So we built all these grids, and now they will be destroyed by the sun....again...and we don't have the parts to fix them. That sounds like a pretty bad system to me. Can anyone possibly shed some light on power grids and their use?

Is this our #1 concern?

science.nasa.gov...

" Ground currents induced during geomagnetic storms can actually melt the copper windings of transformers at the heart of many power distribution systems. Sprawling power lines act like antennas, picking up the currents and spreading the problem over a wide area. The most famous geomagnetic power outage happened during a space storm in March 1989 when six million people in Quebec lost power for 9 hours"

They haven't done much with our power grid since then, so we are still just as vulnerable. Now with even more people on the system.
There are very few places that have spare parts, so it could take months or years to rebuild if hit with a really large solar flare.

People living in cities would be the worst hit. Your house becomes your enemy when the pumps/sewer/septic systems stop working. Food spoilage if it hits when it's hot out. No gas for trucks to transport goods in or out. Nightmare.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

The strongest solar flares are x class and the heaviest of them will knock out worldwide radio and may short power lines however it is not going to destroy the world, cause global upheaval or anything else.

I haven't read the whole thread so this has probably been answered but it just seems as if people hear solar flare and picture the Earth flash burnt to a cinder.

If we get a hit and the grid goes down for more that a day, I am hoping for a winter hit. As long as I have my wood stove, there's warmth, cooking, and the food can go outside. Winter lasts from Oct. to May here.

A summer hit would be bad for food storage, and the water pumps would stop working (rural). :shk:

I doubt if we would be flash burnt to a cinder, but I guess we wouldn't have to worry about the food storage then either...

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
reply to post by Evasius

Excellent and fascinating work - so the time line is July 26 - 29? Is this a give or take, as I have heard July 11th or 12th.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by crazydaisy]

just to add fuel to the fire,

bp said they will cap the well by 27th of july

which sounds too good to be true
that being said, what if they just want our confidence until 27th of july when something big happens, then they dont care cuz shtf. cuz u know if relief wells dont work (which they prob wont) by 27th, people will loose alot of confidence in bp

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Here in the Northeast we survived the 03 blackout for a couple of days without electricity. Before that we went a week without power after hurricane Gloria swept across Long Island. I think we can go a couple of days without destroying ourselves. Especially during the summer months. No need for home heat, vegetables are growing outside so food is available.

Most might even enjoy the break in the action. A forced, but welcome "Stay-cation"

Think about it. With nothing to attend to but local issues, you'd forget about Iran, Israel, the crashing economy, European austerity measures & G20 protests.

You might even go outside and introduce yourself to your neighbors and ask them if they're OK, and if they need anything provide it out of the kindness and goodness that you've forgotten lives in your heart and was there all of the time just waiting for this moment to breakout.

If the power goes out, swing by my place. We'll grill up some squash, sing some songs make the world a better place even if just for the day.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
now again im not predicting a CME to happen on the 10th. all im reporting is that we are getting closer and closer to a very large sun spot that has been active with CME's and they have been large ones. what i read on the 7th was we will be lined up with the spot around the 10th-12th of july.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Great - my head is really going to hurt!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
UPDATE:
A solar wind stream flowing from the indicated coronal hole should hit Earth's magnetic field on July 12th or 13th. Credit: SDO/AIA

So we can all rest easy, we have a few extra days. This is the same hole that has been active with large CME.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish

www.spaceweather.com

and did anyone see this?

The cloud is not heading for Earth, however, so we will experience no effects from the event.

i don't know much about CME's or solar flares and what not, but i do know they regularly happen, and everytime one is reported it gets put on ats...

[edit on 7/9/2010 by indigothefish]

I'd be more worried about a CME (Coronal Mass Ejection) than a solar flare. Flares disrupt power and things like that (Electromagnetic Radiation), while a CME is a mass of solar magma (kinda like ball lightning with mass). Think of it like a single spot of grease popping out of a pan of frying bacon. There can be ejections at many millions of different directions. The odds of one coming straight for us is almost infintesimal. Any good sized CME headed right for us could possibly be an ELE (extinction level event). The latest sunspot was about the size of earth, if that brings it into perspective. Even though the Earths EM field has weakened as of late, if any solar activity is strong enough to break through it, then we're toast anyhow, but alas, nuttin so far. I guess we'll know for sure if all that microwave popcorn bursts out of the cabinet

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by catchmeifyoucan

Originally posted by crazydaisy
reply to post by Evasius

Excellent and fascinating work - so the time line is July 26 - 29? Is this a give or take, as I have heard July 11th or 12th.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by crazydaisy]

just to add fuel to the fire,

bp said they will cap the well by 27th of july

which sounds too good to be true
that being said, what if they just want our confidence until 27th of july when something big happens, then they dont care cuz shtf. cuz u know if relief wells dont work (which they prob wont) by 27th, people will loose alot of confidence in bp

I'm hoping they can at least stop the gusher, although an ex Shell CEO said it was a 50/50 shot for success, just like top kill. We can hope though...

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar
I don't know if it has been mentioned but it should be noted that apparently there is a solar eclipse on July 11th. These have always had a plus or minus of 2 weeks of very increased earthquake activity.

Solar Flare, plus Solar Eclipse, plus Timewave, plus Webbot = Higher Chance than normal of increased DOOM.

Doom, I've read that there could be a major catastrophy. Also:

On the 11th of July you will experience a Total Solar Eclipse that will mark the completion of this period of opportunity, easing the pressure that many of you may be feeling right now. But, we may say that this will be a powerful Eclipse, visible over the Pacific Ocean, Easter Island, Chile and Patagonia in Argentina.

An Eclipse is a moment when the Planetary Collective accepts a "shift" that we may compare to rebooting a computer. The switchover to new information in New Light Codes requires these Eclipse Transitions for Balance and Harmony to be reset. In this case, the Codes that will be reset are in the domain of the Oceans of the Planet. The Pacific is the Largest Ocean on the Planet, and it will receive the new Light Codes for Water that will be taken into the Oceanic Grids and transmitted by the Cetaceans who are the Oceanic Light Code Keepers.

This is a huge moment of Transformation for the Earth, that we will call the "Oceanic Harmonic Integration". These New Light Codes will activate the Crystalline Fifth Dimensional Heart grids already in operation on the Planet and also known as the Sacred Rose Cosmic Grids. With this new Oceanic activation, the Planet's bodies of water will align with the Grids and be integrated into the New Earth Template under the guidance and protection of the Cetaceans.

This will mean that the Oceans will become Fifth Dimensional Sovreign Space, and will no longer tolerate the destruction and degradation of human greed and exploitation. The powerful partnership of Human Lightworkers and Cetaceans will be the New Keepers and Creative Dreamers of the Oceans and the Continents together - as One.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Sorry if this is a bit off topic but heres a question for you all if you dont mind?

If there was a massive powercut, what can escape if released due to a powercut?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

July 11th is my guess...not the 12th

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by HIStory Indeed

You're right. It could be worse. We would have to go outside and find a pond or shade tree (like when we were kids) to stay cool. Grill out some fresh veggies and meat before it goes bad, from the freezer. Maybe catch a fish. Yum Yum. Sadly, we don't know most of our neighbors by name, so that would probably change. It would be a little rough the first few days, but most of us would adapt.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join