It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation Proof

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Wow.

Thanks so much for sharing this. It's amazing when someone is born with almost total recall of a past life....

As for me, I don't usually remember what I had for dinner last night.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
[img]http://[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8164c0c688b4.jpg[/img]reply to post by snowlord

I stand by my evidence.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I'm not attempting to disprove reincarnation, just providing some statistics based on the exponential growth of the human population.

If reincarnation were true:

-The probability that your soul is over 40 years old is ~50%.
-The probability that your soul is over 150 years old is ~17%.

The majority of us on earth today would be "first timers".

Sorry if this has already been posted.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pacal Votan

Originally posted by slane69

Originally posted by Pacal Votan
2 weeks ago while having breakfast my four year old daughter begins speaking about death. She stated that when we die we return to do it all over again. My children do not watch TV.

My 4 year old daughter the other day told me that eating candy instead of vegetables would be better for her. So what is your point exactly?

My point is, friend, you may have the opportunity to come back and be obnoxious all over again. Is that not great?

Nice, I have to give you points for that come back.

Seriously though you didn't answer my question. A child says it and suddenly it is truth? If a certain story gets them attention they will use it as much as they can. A strong Pavlovian response is not evidence of anything besides good training.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Azp420

That is a good argument, but I've already worked that out for myself. Although there are more humans, there are much less animals and diversity in nature.

If there is on central life force and it is manifested in many ways, then reincarnation can be accounted for. Maybe a flower is a small part of a life force, and a Giant Redwood is another larger part. A 200 year old sea turtle that has explored and experienced things that man only dreams of, and a tiny worker bee that is truly a selfless member of a society.

Who are we to assume that our soul is the most important one? I envy the turtle and the bee and the mighty oak. If I do a half decent job on this go around, I hope to experience things differently from a better perspective next time.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly colored, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while.

Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, "Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, "Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride." And we...kill those people.

"Shut him up! I've got a lot invested in this ride, shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry, look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real."

It's just a ride. But we always kill the good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok...

But it doesn't matter, because it's just a ride. And we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love.

The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.

- Bill Hicks

(Question had to do with negative entities not reincarnation)

Ra: I am Ra. To give you this information would be to infringe upon the free will or confusion of some living. We can only ask each group to consider the relative effect of philosophy and your so-called specific information. It is not the specificity of the information which attracts negative influences. It is the importance placed upon it.

This is why we iterate quite often, when asked for specific information, that it pales to insignificance, just as the grass withers and dies while the love and the light of the One Infinite Creator redounds to the very infinite realms of creation forever and ever, creating and creating itself in perpetuity.

Why then be concerned with the grass that blooms, withers and dies in its season only to grow once again due to the infinite love and light of the One Creator? This is the message we bring. Each entity is only superficially that which blooms and dies. In the deeper sense there is no end to being-ness.

-Ra lawofone.info...

The first quote is a favorite, the second quote; however is one of the most moving statements I've come across.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I seriously doubt you get many responses about resurrections because the thread is about reincarnations but you do need to reconsider that. Reincarnation is a pre-existing immortal soul taking over the body of another younger person. It is also known as possession. That in reality is displacing the legitimate soul assigned to body created by the parents.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
You would think that he'd remember how to draw and play baseball properly if he can remember all that. I think his dad is a professional identity theft/scam artist/author

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee

This case involves Robert Snow, who is a Captain in the Indianapolis Police Department, in charge of the Homicide Division. Based on a dare made by a fellow police officer, Captain Snow went to a past life regression therapist. Captain Snow, in his book, Looking for Carroll Beckwith, relates that he only went to the therapist so that it didn't look like he had "welshed on the dare." Captain Snow did not believe in reincarnation and did not expect to have a meaningful experience during the session.

Captain Snows experience on Youtube.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Not proof, just more brainwashed kids and lying weirdo parents.
And of course as usual it all comes down to.... BUY MY BOOK!
Pathetic, internet and history books can give your kids any life you choose, find a name in some obscure history book and push them into liking the subjects and things the dead guy liked or lived and BAM 8 years later "I tried to disprove it by connecting the dots and making sure we taught him what to believe".
This is brainwashing and disgusting.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by keepithush]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by FearNoEvil
reply to post by zzombie

Interesting.

I always thought it was interesting that Mary didn't recognize Jesus after He was resurrected.

How could he reincarnate as a fully mature man in just three days? It would take at least 9 months just to gestate within a womb, plus 33 years to reach his full age. If my math is correct, then that makes no sense.

I think a more logical explanation as to why people didn't recognize Jesus, or even believe him (Thomas) is because Jesus died, and never resurrected. They stole Jesus' body and then had some man pretend to be Jesus for awhile.

Anyway, as for reincarnation... It is believable at a spiritual level, but science has yet to catch up with it. I will remain skeptical, but hopeful... as I wish to reincarnate as a wild wolf.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azp420
I'm not attempting to disprove reincarnation, just providing some statistics based on the exponential growth of the human population.

If reincarnation were true:

-The probability that your soul is over 40 years old is ~50%.
-The probability that your soul is over 150 years old is ~17%.

The majority of us on earth today would be "first timers".

Sorry if this has already been posted.

What about the rapid decline in insect, especially bee, population. Bees seem to be vanishing without a trace. Maybe they are reincarnating as Chinese people? There are like 3 billion Chinese... and the bees just keep dying and not coming back. Of course, other races are in there, too. Like illegal Mexican-American immigrants with households of 20+ people (12 of which are newly born infants).

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by keepithush
Not proof, just more brainwashed kids and lying weirdo parents.
And of course as usual it all comes down to.... BUY MY BOOK!
Pathetic, internet and history books can give your kids any life you choose, find a name in some obscure history book and push them into liking the subjects and things the dead guy liked or lived and BAM 8 years later "I tried to disprove it by connecting the dots and making sure we taught him what to believe".
This is brainwashing and disgusting.

You might want to do a little research. Dr. Ian Stevenson documented over 3000 cases over a 40 year period. Far to much evidence for it to be coincidence or staged as you suggest.

In order to collect his data, Dr. Stevenson methodically documents the child's statements of a previous life. Then he identifies the deceased person the child remembers being, and verifies the facts of the deceased person's life that match the child's memory. He even matches birthmarks and birth defects to wounds and scars on the deceased, verified by medical records. His strict methods systematically rule out all possible "normal" explanations for the child’s memories.

reluctant-messenger.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

He a believer who documented 3000 cases of believers in reincarnation with a story to tell, this is like when a catholic priest documents 3000 cases of his flock's personal miracle stories or a UFO believer documenting 3000 Alien abductees, the end result will always be the one you look for if you dig hard enough and use the right subject matter.

It's amazing how many cases of "I was Henry VIII" or "I was Marilyn Monroe" there is.
Past life regretion is a joke and should be made illegal because they implant and push for the subject to make things up until they believe there own bullsh...

What about going from the evidence from researchers who find its all piffle?
Like picking Greer over Dr Joe Average on proof for UFO's IMO.

I guess the best thing to do is ask Dr. Ian Stevenson, He died in 88, surely by now he would have come back to confirm all this?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by 11118

beautiful!!!

if we quit war on this planet, there would be no more hunger or lack of schooling or shelter for anyone...no need for disease because vaccinations could be provided free to everyone ...water sources made accessible and clean

The United Nations has estimated the cost of ending world hunger at about $195 billion a year. The United States spent $742 billion on defense in 2009.

742 - 195 = 547 billion dollars a year, left over.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by elfulanozutan0
Have you head of the book '___': The Spirit Molecule by Dr. Rick Strassman.

Yes.

Have you heard of "The ESP Enigma: The Scientific Case for Psychic Phenomena by Dr. Diane Hennacy Powell?

That's where I heard of Dr. Rick Strassman and others who have investigated ESP, Twins, Reincarnation, '___', etc. I think (not entirely sure) that the WWII Fighter "boy" was mentioned in The ESP Enigma.

It also talks about how two twins separated at birth and adopted by two totally different, unrelated, and unassociated parents, yet were raised very similar and they even grew up to have very similar lives.

You should also check out Same Souls, Many Bodies by Dr. Brian Weiss.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

It could be that person, i will have to look through some books to see what the reference was. That looks a little less professional and scientific than i remember it sounding but could be.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by keepithush
reply to post by hawkiye

He a believer who documented 3000 cases of believers in reincarnation with a story to tell, this is like when a catholic priest documents 3000 cases of his flock's personal miracle stories or a UFO believer documenting 3000 Alien abductees, the end result will always be the one you look for if you dig hard enough and use the right subject matter.

It's amazing how many cases of "I was Henry VIII" or "I was Marilyn Monroe" there is.
Past life regretion is a joke and should be made illegal because they implant and push for the subject to make things up until they believe there own bullsh...

What about going from the evidence from researchers who find its all piffle?
Like picking Greer over Dr Joe Average on proof for UFO's IMO.

I guess the best thing to do is ask Dr. Ian Stevenson, He died in 88, surely by now he would have come back to confirm all this?

No it's not like personal miracle stories where you can't verify the facts. How do you account for the evidence that the memories the children had in all 3000 cases were accurate of the persons life and verified by relatives, circumstances, addresses and scars and medical records etc. etc.?

He is not just saying he listened to 3000 past life stories and thinks they are true. He spent 40 years verifying the stories were true by researching the person who a child claimed to be and verifying everything the child said about that life with verifiable facts of the persons life. If you want to just dismiss 40 years of research with hard provable evidence then you are just being obstinate and have no interest in the facts and evidence and are just proffering an emotional argument to support your belief despite the facts.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by guavas
I must confess that I have already drawn my own personal conclusion regarding the efficacy of reincarnation (after studying Hinduism).

Reincarnation simply doesn't make any sense when it comes to "spiritual growth."

Reincarnation in my mind is exactly the same thing as punishing your child without disclosing the reason behind the punishment.

Say I have a kid who reaches for a hot stove - and say I slug him each time he reaches for the stove - but never reveal why I slugged him.

How the hell is he supposed to learn from that? Punishment is but one of many tools by which to teach. If there's no lesson taught behind the punishment being administered, it simply serves no purpose - spiritual or otherwise. The punishment simply becomes abuse and I will not abide by a belief system that condones and encourages the senseless abuse of "fresh souls," if you will. Just because you're a new kid on the block does not mean it's A-OK to pound the hell out of you simply because you haven't learned the ropes yet.

I mean, really, how is one supposed to break free of one's own Karmic Bonds if one never understands exactly what exactly it was they're being punished for? If I was reincarnated as a tree or something as punishment for being a colossal d-bag in a past life, being a tree certainly isn't going to teach me anything spiritual - and being reincarnated twice since isn't going to teach me anything about being the tree that was supposed to teach me about being a colossal d-bag in the first place - because I don't remember any of it.

So I'm gonna get punished for things I'm not even consciously aware of having done in the first place?

How does this make sense?

It makes PERFECT sense when it comes to spiritual growth.

If only man tried harder to imagine things from other people's perspectives. If only we tried harder to imagine how other's feel.

Well, there's a lot to learn from living one life as a selfish rich person who has everything and coming back as a homeless person who has nothing. Think about it.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowlord
I have seen this video some time back being skeptic about god, evil and other supernatural theories recently i have seen many accounts of such incidences locally and i am fearing whether this gonna change my long time percepton of skepticism about god and other things....

guys is there any scientific explanation for this? when we die will our thoughts too die or will it still stay in some form which we yet not discovered?

Snowlord, check out books on reincarntion by Edgar Cayce. Or try "God Speaks" by Meher Baba.

I also noticed your signature. You're probably NOT a Leo, but a Cancer. Western Astrology uses the WRONG zodiac. They use the Tropical zodiac instead of the Sidereal. What day & month were you born?

Astroved

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join